PDA

View Full Version : Silver Age Sentinels Advice?

Ascension
2008-07-08, 09:21 AM
I picked up the Silver Age Sentinels book for super cheap a while back, and though I haven't started playing it yet, I've read it twice over. I'd like to run it in the future, but here's the rub... it seems to me that the system is far too abusable to be safe. Oh, sure, it should work fine as long as your group is agreed to stick to the same basic power level, but if not? Building "Uberhero McCheese" looks like it would be a trivial accomplishment.

For those of you who've actually played it, is it smoother than it seems when it's actually in motion? I'd really like to run it, I'm just afraid the power level might be a good bit higher than I'd like it to be.

Also, what number of starting character points do you recommend? I've been experiment with various heroes and villains at 150 and 175, but it generally seems like I could cut back to 125 without losing the abilities necessary for the character's key concepts. It seems like I always have at least three or four extra points I don't know what to do with.

Any advice?