PDA

View Full Version : Moon Knight

Eldpollard
2008-07-08, 01:23 PM
Recently I've been getting into Moon knight quite a lot. I have to say I'm enjoying reading the old ones. I've given the new ones a read but I have to say I'm not much of a fan, then again I'm not much of a fan of new comics in general, too many pictures and too few words for me.

So I was wondering what the mighty people on this forum think of Moon Knight. I ended up buying the original moon knight series on eBay, all 38 issues.

Dihan
2008-07-09, 02:18 PM
I don't really know whether to take Moon Knight as a character seriously. I guess it's something about the three different personalities. Though I do like him.

Would Moon Knight be considered the Marvel equivalent to Batman or would that go to the Black Panther? I haven't read any Moon Knight stuff so I wouldn't really know; he just seems quite Batman-esque.

UglyPanda
2008-07-09, 08:46 PM
Moon Knight is Batman minus the technical pacifism. He kills people, a lot of people. He's also currently depowered and devoid of the multiple personalities. He is still clinically insane. I personally like the new series, it's gritty and dark.

zeratul
2008-07-09, 10:36 PM
I really like the new ones too. Although I tend to prefer newer comics in general, much darker, and usually better written.

Gundato
2008-07-09, 10:54 PM
I like the new Moon Knight series and grab it every time a new one comes out, but I find myself not actually reading it. Don't get me wrong, I read it eventually, but it is usually a few weeks later that I say "Oh crap, I forgot to read Moon Knight" and have to figure out where I put it.

Lord Galen
2008-07-19, 08:47 PM
Some good early Bill Sienkewicz in those old issues, with Klaus Janson inking if memory serves...

Eldpollard
2008-07-20, 04:34 AM
For me I just prefer older comics in general. The new ones are quite dark I agree, but for me the art doesn't seem comicy. I just don't find them having enough text either. I've got the entire original moon knight series run. Then again he's had a stupid amount of series. Now if I can just find werewolf by night number 32...