2008-07-08, 06:48 PM
Heh, nice. :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2008-07-08, 06:57 PM
*Slaps*
Hah, this white text isn't white!

Player_Zero
2008-07-08, 06:59 PM
So... I note you don't have a 'Don't murder people' rule...

...Damn neutrals...

Raiser Blade
2008-07-08, 07:05 PM
And here I thought this thread would actually be worth reading. Silly me.

captain_decadence
2008-07-08, 08:38 PM
Maybe he's asking for rules. We should give him rules to live by.

7. Never trust anyone named Stanley. It will be your downfall.

Trog
2008-07-08, 09:33 PM
*Slaps*
Hah, this white text isn't white!
This suit text is blacknot.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-07-08, 09:59 PM
The unwritten rules by which I live my life are:

1. Its not so good that it can't get better
2. Its not so bad that it can't get worse
3. Don't hurt Ink in the SMBG heal/hurt thread
4. Its not going to turn out as bad as you think.
5. Don't kick the chickens, you've seen what happens to Link.
6. Its not wise to argue the semantics of the word "Pride" and its uses during any sort of "pride" week/parade/event.
7. Forget to blog on a regular basis. No one really cares about your internal debate about whether you'd rather have a shirt that said "Proud to be a Furry" vs "Glad to be a Furry," anyway and people certainly don't want to hear about your funeral plans, so its best off not blogging at all.
8. Pride is better used for things one has accomplished rather than things one simply is. "Proud to be self-supporting" is more fitting, since I have to strive to be self supporting. I didn't have to strive to be a furry. It just kinda happened. I am glad, though.
9. If you are playing to win rather than to have fun, then you will lose more often.
10.Be excellent to each other.

V I think the mountain one is kinda cool!!! Oh hey! Its another llama!!! HIYA

llamamushroom
2008-07-08, 10:02 PM
I've got a fun idea! Let's try to read a ridiculous amount into his mostly meaningless post!

He has chosen to have 10 'unwritten rules'. This would imply to me that he is a follower of some Abrahamic belief system, or was at some point in time. Furthermore, in sharing these rules with us, he is essentially comparing himself to Moses, which could indicate that he is an orphan, or perhaps lives on a mountain.

By choosing to have 'unwritten' rules, he seems to be more flexible than those who set out their rules, and yet (continuing on from the previous paragraph) having 10 makes them 'set in stone'...

Sorry about that. I just finished an satire assignment in which I did pretty much that. Except with a story entitled Oodles the Cat. We had fun.

Pocketa
2008-07-09, 12:11 AM
Eat
Rest
Live
Survive
Dance
Play
Laugh
Defend
Cry
Enjoy

beeblebear
2008-07-09, 06:52 AM
My written rule would be that there is no such thing as a pun which is too bad to use.

If anyone cares to prove me wrong, please try.

Zar Peter
2008-07-09, 07:27 AM
I must say I tended to second Raiser_B1ades post until I found what the two Llamas made out of it... Hillarious!

Your rules are really worth to rely on, Atreyu, and I really laughed because of this great interpretation of a piece of nothing by llamamushroom.

Tragic_Comedian
2008-07-09, 07:36 AM
I've got a fun idea! Let's try to read a ridiculous amount into his mostly meaningless post!

He has chosen to have 10 'unwritten rules'. This would imply to me that he is a follower of some Abrahamic belief system, or was at some point in time. Furthermore, in sharing these rules with us, he is essentially comparing himself to Moses, which could indicate that he is an orphan, or perhaps lives on a mountain.

By choosing to have 'unwritten' rules, he seems to be more flexible than those who set out their rules, and yet (continuing on from the previous paragraph) having 10 makes them 'set in stone'...

Sorry about that. I just finished an satire assignment in which I did pretty much that. Except with a story entitled Oodles the Cat. We had fun.
You're lucky. I do that all the time in class, but never get any credit for it.

Paladin29
2008-07-09, 07:42 AM
mmm.. The Islam is an abrahamic religion and have only five pillars. perhaps we must to narow the definition to jewish-christian... However here is my 10 rules of my life:

1) Have faith in God (Iīm catholic, what can i say..)
2) Love before all things my girlfriend, after all she is the other half of my soul
3) Love and protect my family and my friends
4) Defend the weak and innocents
5) Be a gentleman (or at least try to be)
6) Be honorable (kendo stuff)
7) Attach to your ideals
8) Enjoy the life, itīs very short
9) Travel and meet new people the most i can, it enrich and widen your points of view and strenght your humility
10) read books, many... all.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-07-09, 10:37 AM
I must say I tended to second Raiser_B1ades post until I found what the two Llamas made out of it... Hillarious!

Your rules are really worth to rely on, Atreyu, and I really laughed because of this great interpretation of a piece of nothing by llamamushroom.

Thanks, Zar Peter. You know that llamas strive to bring the silly in any and all threads. Well, at least this one does. I really shouldn't speak for the others. They may revoke my llamaness if I step out of line.

RandomNPC
2008-07-22, 07:42 PM
3) Love and protect my family and my friends
4) Defend the weak and innocents
5) Be a gentleman (or at least try to be)
6) Be honorable (kendo stuff)
7) Attach to your ideals

can't that all be compressed into 6) Be honorable or 5) Be a gentleman?

i know personal definitions are in play, and i've got a hero complex, but that's what i'd do, just because i can.

anyway, if you haven't seen the ten rules to live by post, i think you'll enjoy using my last one against me if you feel you want to argue my point: 9) never conform without reason.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-07-22, 08:02 PM
OP is win.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-07-22, 08:03 PM
Oooooo, lemme try!

1)Fight for justice.
2)Everyone loves chocolate. If they think they don't, or are allergic, they still love it. Or else.
3)Music is Order.
4)Chaos is Evil.
5)NEVER waste life. Ever.
6)Order brings peace and happiness.
7)Remember the Golden Rule.
8)Not all men are equal in the eyes of nature; all are equal in the eyes of the Law.
9)Consider the viewpoints of others.
10)Honor is Order.

Paladin29
2008-07-22, 09:05 PM
can't that all be compressed into 6) Be honorable or 5) Be a gentleman?

i know personal definitions are in play, and i've got a hero complex, but that's what i'd do, just because i can.

anyway, if you haven't seen the ten rules to live by post, i think you'll enjoy using my last one against me if you feel you want to argue my point: 9) never conform without reason.

Well, I guess you are right, I try to be specific, but i agree with you, except for the rule 3, i think it deserve to have itīs own place.

d'Bwobsling
2008-07-23, 09:06 AM
Rules are for sissy and conformists! :smallwink:

And Lawers:smallwink:

Space-Is-Curved
2008-07-23, 02:02 PM
No, they just keep track of the rules for the sissies and conformists.

thubby
2008-07-23, 03:08 PM
answering this thread is impossible.
if you do share your rules, they will be disqualified since they are no longer "unwritten".

Mordan
2008-07-23, 03:19 PM
How can you say that you have unwritten rules if you put them in writing? Hence the OP's point of just putting down numbers with no numbers in them. So far, anyone that has actually posted a rule that they try to live by has already missed the point of an unwritten rule.

So, put down your pencils, take your fingers off your keys and disengage the through rocess that prompts you to write your unwritten rules.

Oh, and OP, I think you missed one... here it is...

Scorpina
2008-07-23, 03:20 PM
*titters*

The first post of this thread wins the internet. Have a trophy!

Collin152
2008-07-23, 03:24 PM
Funny.
I prefer mine:
1. Eat. Whoops, problems already.
2. Drink. Hope I only meant water...
3. Be merry. Does Gay count as merry?
4. Tomorrow I die. Yipe!