PDA

View Full Version : Keep On The Shadowfell-IC-TQ-2

the quinn
2008-07-09, 08:48 PM
You have all been adventuring with each other for quite some time now, you met in the town of Feraina and now after learning of your old friend and mentor, Douven Staul has disappeared. You have been offered 50 gold a peice for bringing this man back to Feraina. You have learned that he went to the town of Winterhaven in search of a dragon burial site. The town is three days away by foot.

Myshlaevsky
2008-07-10, 02:02 PM
Harlech shakes the dust and pebbles out of his boot with one hand, keeping his bare foot balanced against the rough stone wall behinds him. With the other, he pulls against the fraying patch in his other shoe, hoping it won't turn into a hole anytime soon.

He slumps down to sit on the wall, thinking to himself: Damn pointy-eared wanderers. Can't make up their minds about one thing or the next. It's their ears, I think - let too much air into the brain. Got to decide this, got to decide this. In my day we just got on with it. None of this 'thinking' in the guard, no sir!

He shoves the boot back onto his foot, and begins lacing it up tightly against his blue-veined ankle. Shouting over to the rest of the group, he says, "If you lot still haven't figured out where we're going to plan - that's right, to plan - our journey, do you mind if I take a quick nap? Just for a day or so, mind." Thrann breaks off into a high, wheezing chuckle; which soon turns into a coughing fit. He thumps his chest a few times with one fist, hard.

Silent Musician
2008-07-10, 03:08 PM
Aire was currently standing there with his arms folded, his mask currently down to reveal his face, both rugged yet sharp in features, earrings hanging from each of his elven ears. It was funny that Harlech was the only non-elf in this group, but no one had complained about it.

"If we take a nap, now, we'll only be increasing our journey there by another day. It'll be best if we went now."

But that was only his recommendation, and he tended to speak only when it was necessary.

Sanguinus
2008-07-10, 09:53 PM
Aramil sat in his chair poring over a large notebook. Occasionaly he would speak up to deliver a pearl of wisdom, this time it was "here's something, Winterhaven: Renowned for it's wren's egg soup. 5 wren's eggs, 1 cup barley flour..... nevermind, it's a recipe." at which point he returned to leafing through his book.

history check on winterhaven to find something [roll0]

Dicenerd
2008-07-10, 10:44 PM
Wren's Egg soup, you say?" Javid tilts his head, mildly interested in what Aramail had just said. You know, my grandmother used to make the BEST Wren's egg soup. I believe her secret was the dash of paprika she would add...Javid's voice trails off.

"Well then, as our esteemed colleague has pointed out, sitting here is just wasting time. Perhaps we are as ready as we shall ever be." With that, Javid mutters a small prayer to Bahamut, and begins to pull his traveling pack over his shoulder.

"Shall we?"

RoyaleWithCheez
2008-07-24, 01:27 AM
Impatient, the half-elf kept looking toward the window, as if the sun would move significantly between each glance. The very idea of wren's egg soup irritated him, the thought bringing to mind that one childhood incident. To spoil the ending, there was a great deal of vomit.

"Let's just get going already," he said impatiently, "Your soup will be there when we get back.

Sanguinus
2008-07-25, 01:59 AM
Aramil turned over the last page of his notebook and nodded in agreement I'm not going to find anything in here no matter how many more times I read it. Let's head for winterhaven before the berry crop looses it's flavour

the quinn
2008-07-27, 10:03 PM
You begin heading to Winterhaven, the road is long and hard, three days hard march. On first day the road is cobbled and everything happens with little problems. However on the beginning of the second day of travel the sky becomes extremely dark, and cloud roll into the valley. Heavy rain hampers you as every area of you body becomes soaked and road has deteriorated into dirt the mud.
OOC:
Here is your chance to gain a little information between the characters, give a description. As well as any mannerism you characters have

Silent Musician
2008-07-30, 11:35 AM
With the rain came a groaning Aire.

"I don't suppose anyone has a tent? If not, we need to find shelter and fast."

Sanguinus
2008-08-01, 06:36 PM
Aramil hurriedly slips the notebook he was writing in into a waterproofed covering and places it into his pack, to preserve the paper. Then and only then does he wrap his cloak around his shoulders and tell Aire to "Stop complaining"