http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/Nny2/AppritAlley.jpg
When you see it, you'll sh*t bricks.
Large Fey
HD: 10d6+40 (75 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 40 feet (8 squares)
Armor Class: 21 (+9 natural, +3 Dex, -1 size), touch 12, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+12
Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d10+3/x2) or claw +7 melee (1d6+3/x2)
Full Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d10+3/x2), 2 claws +5 melee (1d6+1/x2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, pounce, rake 1d6+1
Special Qualities: City-port, darkvision 60 ft., daylight camoflage, DR 10/cold iron, low-light vision, scent of poverty
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +10, Will +8
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 16, Con 19, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 17
Skills: Climb +16, Hide +14*, Intimidate +13, Jump +16, Move Silently +13, Spot +9
Feats: Improved Initiative, Multiattack, Weapon Focus (bite)
Environment: Any urban(slums)
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: Half standard, no coins.
Alignment: usually chaotic evil
Advancement: 11-15 HD(large), 16-20 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: --

Creeping eerily on all fours is a horrible creature covered in filthy, unkempt fur. As it moves, it's claws, each one bearing a shining gold ring, click against the cobble of the street and occasionally in the slop of emptied chamber pots. As it reaches the dim torch-light, it's features become more apparent; grey fur on black skin, black claws, four red eyes and a horrible, gigantic maw of razored teeth bent into a crooked smile. It's stiff, twisted tail wavers behind it before it lunges, mouth open.

Apprits are a rare breed of fey, one who was born of the spirit of the city. It is a creature made of the bottled up murderous urges of men in large cities and the uncaring nature of the nobility and rich, so it preys on the weakest, most numerous kind of human; the dirt-poor, slum-dwelling commoner. Unlike any normal animal, it takes utter joy in digging in and devouring it's victims and will often toy with and torture it's food.
What the appritt loves most next to devouring it's victims is making sure it is never caught for it's crimes. It will only stalk at night, feeding only on those foolish enough to live on the streets or who live in tiny homes all alone. By day it will find abandoned shanty-houses and sleep, blending in with the surroundings almost perfectly.
When in movement, an appritt will walk on all fours, but if stationary it stands on it's hind legs and attacks with it's maw and claws.

COMBAT
These vicious carnivores like to toy with their weaker foodstuffs with intimidation and fear, making eerie, demonic noises before pouncing out of the shadows and feeding(if not torturing first). It will usually try to attack opponents flat-footed with it's pounce ability, for maximum up-front damage and will return to hiding with it's city-porting ability, where it will lash out from the darkness again in an unknown direction. If it finds itself at a disadvantage, it will city-port and hide to lick it's wounds.

City-port(Su): Appritts are a part of the slums, and they move about it with more ease than a person does down a street. They can use a form of greater teleport that only functions within the limits of a city, but if attempting to teleport into a part of the city that is not a slum it only functions as a teleport spell. This ability is usable once a round as a move action.

Daylight Camoflage(Su): By day, appritts do not hunt, they only sleep. When asleep and in the slums, an appritt gains a +12 circumstance bonus to Hide checks and can hide in plain sight.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, an appritt must hit with a claw or bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can rake.

Scent of Poverty (Ex): The appritt is a fearsome devourer of the poor, so it must easily track it's prey. Appritts have a special type of scent, which acts just as the normal scent feature but acts at twice the range of normal scent and only works to smell out the poor and down-trodden(anyone with 5 gp or less in equipment and gold, not including clothing, unless those clothing happen to be extravagant).

Pounce (Ex): If an appritt charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.

Rake (Ex): Attack bonus +7 melee, damage 1d6+1.

SilentNight
2008-07-20, 10:39 AM
I love the picture (although I didn't do the mentioned action). Very nice, I like it a lot. Not much else to say. Kudos to you.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-07-20, 12:00 PM
I love the picture (although I didn't do the mentioned action). Very nice, I like it a lot. Not much else to say. Kudos to you.

Thanks. :biggrin:

insecure
2008-07-20, 01:13 PM
I love the picture

Seconded!

I like it, but shouldn't you describe rake ability in more detail like, y'know, that it can destroy armor?

dyslexicfaser
2008-07-20, 01:15 PM
I dig city-fey, and this makes a nice (dark) complement to the lantern fey or whatever they're called.

I can imagine the City-port (not a great name, though) and Daylight Camoflage working beautifully together to create a very hard-to-catch critter. Also, Scent of Poverty is oddly hilarious to me. Good luck, adventurers, trying to find one of these guys with all our hundreds of thousands of golds in equipment.