PDA

View Full Version : Knock-back blow [feat, 3.5][PEACH]

insecure
2008-07-22, 04:38 PM
Here's a quick feat I just made.

Knock-back blow [General]
You can swing a two-handed weapon with such force that you can drive back enemies.
Prerequisites: Strength 15, Power attack.
Benefits: You can make a knock-back blow when you're wielding a two-handed weapon as a standard action once each turn. To use a knock-back blow, roll attack and damage rolls as if it were a normal attack, plus a strength check. If you hit the opponent, the opponent must make a fortitude save versus your strength check plus the damage the target toke. If the target fails his fortitude check, he is knocked back 5 feet and falls prone. A knock-back blow deals damage as normal. You can only make knock-back blows against targets that's the same size as you or smaller.
Special: A fighter can take this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-07-22, 04:43 PM
This sounds very similiar to the existing feat Awesome Blow. I'd take a look at that, and maybe consider waiving the requirement of being size large, as it's mechanic is much simpler and less prone to abuse (because having to make a save vs. damage dealt is almost impossible if done right).

insecure
2008-07-22, 04:55 PM
I changed it so it only works against targets the same size as you or smaller. The reason that I won't make being large a requirement, is that I like that humans, dwarfs, gnomes, and the other "normal" races also can use this feat.