View Full Version : King Bumi vs. Cohen the Barbarian

Agrippa
2008-07-25, 11:39 AM
King Bumi
http://images.wikia.com/avatar/images/7/70/Bumi_001.JPG

Vs.

Ghenghiz Cohen the Barbarian, the Boldhearted and the Slaughterer of Many
http://www.lspace.org/ftp/images/bookcovers/uk/the-last-hero-1.jpg

Two great and aged champions face off in battle within a 60' by 30' by 30' tall rectangular enclosure. At one end stands the 112 year King Bumi of Omashu, master of Earthbending and a truely mad genius (also a bit of a Magnificient Bastard and a Chessmaster). Understanding the concept of neutral jing, Bumi would most likey take a defensive position and wait for Cohen to make his move to better counter the barbarian warrior's behavior and tactics during the fight. On the other side of the room is is the approxamately 107 year old Ghenghiz Cohen the Barbarian, the Boldhearted and the Slaughterer of Many. Emperor of the Counter Weight Continent. Master of the sword, killing things, heroic theft and other heroic stuff, Cohen is the greatest warrior his world has yet known. With his Silver Horde he stole the Ageatan Empire, twice, challenged the gods for how used mortals as playthings, rescued damsels in destress and varrious other heroic things, like starting epic week long bar fights. Cohen has fought against trolls, on Discworld they're made from living rock, bare-handed and won. He's also incredibly strong, like King Bumi and can pick up and throw boulers and stalagtites and stalagmites twice his height or more. As a barbarian, Cohen has had experience in getting into dangerous scienieros, and not dying. He never retreats and isn't that good at ducking or dodging. This is a submission match, not a death match. Who'll triumph in this battle of the elders? Either way, they're going to have one hell of a pub crawl afterwards.

Dewey
2008-07-25, 11:43 AM
Well, I don't know anything about King Bumi, but I'm leaning toward Cohen. I mean, the mans got a set of false teeth that he pried from the mouth of a Discworld troll. :smallbiggrin: But, yeah, I couldn't really call it.

endoperez
2008-07-25, 12:04 PM
Cohen not being good at ducking and dodging? When he fights, he doesn't move a lot due to his age; he moves just enough not to occupy the same space as, for example, sharp and pointy things. What he does won't look like ducking or dodging, but the effect is the same.

Arioch
2008-07-25, 12:07 PM
One is a very skilled warrior, the other can move massive amounts an earth and rock just by moving his head. It's not a very hard choice.

When you see Cohen fighting, it's almost always against other warriors. Plus, Discworld is a relatively low-magic setting, because using magic is so risky. No such limits exist for earthbending.

Also, can you spoiler those images, please?

Evil DM Mark3
2008-07-25, 01:35 PM
Much as I am a fan of Cohen I give this to Bumi. Cohen may be spry but could not deal with the kinds of obstacles that Bumi could put in his way.