PDA

View Full Version : Divine Madness [Creature]

The Demented One
2008-07-27, 02:19 AM
Lilita

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs32/i/2008/233/a/f/Divine_Madness___Lilita_by_Nny2.jpg
Illustration by Krimm Blackleaf

Medium Outsider (Chaos, Eladrin, Extraplanar, Good, Psionic)
Hit Dice: 8d8+32 (68 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 30 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 20 (+4 Dex, +6 natural), touch 14, flatfooted 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+11
Attack: +1 Holy Rapier +13 melee (1d6+4) or Tentacle +8 melee (1d4+1)
Full Attack: +1 Holy Rapier +13/+8 melee (1d6+4) and Two Tentacles +8 melee (1d4+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft. (15 ft. with tentacles)
Special Attacks: Ecstasy, manic laughter, powers, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Alternate form, damage reduction 10/evil or law, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to electricity and petrification, low-light vision, madness, resistance to cold 10 and fire 10, slippery mind, spell resistance 20, tongues
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +10, Will +10
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 1, Cha 18
Skills: Autohypnosis +4, Bluff +12, Climb +11, Concentration +12, Diplomacy +12, Intimidate +12, Jump +11, Knowledge (The Planes) +9, Listen +4, Psicraft +9, Spot +4, Use Psionic Device +12
Feats: Weapon FinesseB, Improved Initiative, Dodge, Expanded Knowledge (Psionic Suggestion)
Environment: Arborea
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always Chaotic Good
Advancement: By class level (Favored Class: Wilder)
Level Adjustment: +6

The Eladrin are celestials, beings of pure good and exemplars of all that is noble in the multiverse. And yet, their inherent good is also tinctured by chaos, giving the Eladrin a whimsical, capricious nature...as well as a tendency towards madness. Some Eladrin are corrupted by this madness, becoming Kajubaan or Sajuu (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85658). However, a rare few Eladrin who go mad remain beings of pure good, no less noble or benevolent for their madness. They become Lilitas. While they are completely mad, beyond any logic or sanity, they still fight against evil, and aid the cause of good, for which reason many celestials do not see their madness as a flaw at all. Lilitas have slim, fey bodies, elfin in build, but in place of their head, their is a shining, shapeless sphere of light that pulses with all the colors of the rainbow. From it, two tendrils of light emerge.

Ecstasy (Su)
As a standard action, a Lilita can unleash a 30 ft. cone of rainbow-colored lights that induce mind-numbing pleasure in all caught in it. All creatures caught in the cone must make a DC 18, or be stunned for 1 round. Once a Lilita has used this ability, it must wait 5 rounds before it can use it again.

Manic Laughter (Su)
A Lilita constantly laughs, demented and ecstatic. All non-good creatures within 60 ft. of it that can hear it take a -2 penalty on Will saves. In addition, whenever a non-good creature that can hear a Lilita’s manic laughter fails a Will save by six or more, it is confused for 1d3 rounds.

Powers
A Lilita manifests psionic powers as a 6th-level Wilder. A Lilita has 47 power points. The save DC of a Lilita’s psionic powers is equal to 14 + the power’s level.

Typical Powers Known
1st—inertial armor, mind thrust. 2nd—ego whip, psionic suggestion. 3rd—telekinetic thrust.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp)
At will—aid, charm person (DC 15), detect thoughts (DC 16), enthrall (DC 16). 2/day—cure serious wounds, hold person (DC 17). 1/day—charm monster (DC 18), dimension door.

Alternate Form (Su)
A Lilita can change from its humanoid form to the form of a swarm of butterfly-like insects formed out of prismatic light. In its humanoid form, it cannot fly or use its ecstasy ability, but it can use its weapons, tentacle attacks, and use its spell-like abilities and powers. In its swarm form, it can use its spell-like abilities and ecstasy ability, but it cannot attack or manifest psionic powers. The swarm form is incorporeal, and the Lilita has no Strength score while in that form. A Lilita remains in one form until it chooses to change to another, as a standard action. Its change of form cannot be dispelled, and it does not revert to a particular form when killed. A true seeing spell allows both forms to be viewed.

Tongues (Su)
A Lilita can speak with any creature that has a language, as though using a tongues spell, caster level 8th. This ability is always active.

Madness (Ex)
A Lilita is insane, its mind pushed beyond the boundaries of logic or reason. It adds its Charisma modifier, rather than its Wisdom modifier, on will saves. They are immune to confusion or insanity-like effects, and are not affected by Wisdom damage, drain, or burn, or by penalties to Wisdom. In addition, whenever a creature attempts to read a Lilita’s mind or otherwise contact its mind, that creature must make a DC 18 Will save or take 1d10 nonlethal damage and one point of Wisdom damage.

Slippery Mind (Ex)
A Lilita's mind is so fragmented that it is difficult to control it. If a Lilita is affected by an enchantment spell or effect and fails her saving throw, she can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. She gets only this one extra chance to succeed on her saving throw.

DracoDei
2008-07-27, 04:05 AM
Cloud-Cuckoo Lander celestials... Nice!... You realize that with the "Attack nearest creature" possibility with "Confusion" that Enthrall at close range can look A LOT like "Symbol of Discord" don't you? And it can get a little weird with the Charm's too. Of course if you could come up with a worn item that automatically does an AoE Daze centered on the wearer (but not effecting them), that would just be... potentially nasty.

If you ever want to create a bigger and nastier version I would strongly suggest "Slippery Mind" since the idea of being too nuts for mind control to work for long on you ever twisting psyche seems about right.

Stycotl
2008-07-27, 10:24 AM
cool idea. i think that +11 LA is waaaaay too high. can you explain your reasoning for it?

The Demented One
2008-07-27, 12:20 PM
You realize that with the "Attack nearest creature" possibility with "Confusion" that Enthrall at close range can look A LOT like "Symbol of Discord" don't you? And it can get a little weird with the Charm's too. Of course if you could come up with a worn item that automatically does an AoE Daze centered on the wearer (but not effecting them), that would just be... potentially nasty.
You're right, I've increased the amount they have to fail the save by to six, which should hopefully keep manic laughter from being too powerful.

If you ever want to create a bigger and nastier version I would strongly suggest "Slippery Mind" since the idea of being too nuts for mind control to work for long on you ever twisting psyche seems about right.
Love the idea, adding it in.

i think that +11 LA is waaaaay too high. can you explain your reasoning for it?
Um...it was 2 in the morning? I've changed it to a more reasonable +6.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-07-27, 12:44 PM
Hehehe, love'em. They remind me of a recent film quote,

'In my world there's ponies and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies'

:smallbiggrin:

DracoDei
2008-07-27, 06:39 PM
a recent film quote,
'In my world there's ponies and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies'

Which film would that be?

dyslexicfaser
2008-07-27, 08:21 PM
I like it; the mental image of forcing a deadly swarm of insubstantial butterflies on your group is classic.

Also: I move that the Ecstasy ability be re-named the 'Orgasmo-Beam': truth in advertising.

The Demented One
2008-07-27, 10:18 PM
Also: I move that the Ecstasy ability be re-named the 'Orgasmo-Beam': truth in advertising.
It's just overloading the pleasure center of the brain! Not an orgasm laser! Certainly not an orgasm laser at all.

Silence
2008-07-27, 10:37 PM

Seconded. I want to see that.

DracoDei
2008-07-28, 08:38 AM
Just for clarity you might want to specify if Vorpal weapons work on these things, since I COULD see it either way. Since the tentacle attacks are decidedly solid I would lean towards saying that it can be beheaded.

Mewtarthio
2008-07-28, 11:14 AM
Lilitas have slim, fey bodies, elfin in build, but in place of their head, their is a shining, shapeless sphere of light that pulses with all the colors of the rainbow.

Strictly speaking, a sphere of anything has a shape (spherical), by definition. It'd be like saying they have a weightless pound of flesh on their backs. :tongue:

The Demented One
2008-07-28, 01:08 PM
Strictly speaking, a sphere of anything has a shape (spherical), by definition. It'd be like saying they have a weightless pound of flesh on their backs. :tongue:
I know, but I couldn't really think of any better way of describing it without just sounding silly. After all, "amorphous but spherical enough to look like one from ten feet away if you squint" doesn't quite work.

Stycotl
2008-07-28, 04:09 PM
Um...it was 2 in the morning? I've changed it to a more reasonable +6.

*chuckle* i can understand that one then. yes, +6 sounds good.

The Demented One
2008-08-20, 07:07 PM
I'm bumping this so everyone can see Krimm's amazing illustration.

DracoDei
2008-08-20, 09:03 PM
I know, but I couldn't really think of any better way of describing it without just sounding silly. After all, "amorphous but spherical enough to look like one from ten feet away if you squint" doesn't quite work.

"Vaguely Spherical" seems like it might work...

The Demented One
2008-08-20, 09:28 PM
"Vaguely Spherical" seems like it might work...
Now that it's got an illustration, I think that helps fix the descriptory problems.

Debihuman
2008-08-21, 01:48 PM
Just for clarification: are the tendrils of light the same as the tentacles that it uses for attack? It seems odd to describe them as tendrils of light...
Debby

The Demented One
2008-08-21, 02:05 PM
Just for clarification: are the tendrils of light the same as the tentacles that it uses for attack? It seems odd to describe them as tendrils of light...
Debby
Yes, they are.

Vaynor
2008-08-21, 09:07 PM

Horton Hears a Who.