PDA

View Full Version : Evil Cleric prayers? [4e]

DeathBD
2008-07-27, 02:54 PM
I would've posted this in the Homebrew Requests thread, but I don't know if this has already been created. I wanted to play an evil cleric in 4e but the prayers in 4e aren't really suited for an evil character. Has anyone seen a homebrew version of this? preferrably 4e?

RTGoodman
2008-07-27, 03:58 PM
Well, the suggestion in the DMG is to change powers that have the Radiant keyword and deal Radiant damage into Necrotic powers that deal necrotic damage instead. For things that use Fire, change them to Acid or just leave them as fire but reflavor them as "purple hellfire" or something like that.

I also believe there were a couple of threads a while back (well, a month ago or so) that came up with some homebrew Channel Divinity feats for the evil gods, though I can't seem to find them now. Shouldn't be too hard to do again, though - just see what some of the ones in the PHB are and figure out Evil versions.

mikeejimbo
2008-07-27, 09:58 PM
Well, the suggestion in the DMG is to change powers that have the Radiant keyword and deal Radiant damage into Necrotic powers that deal necrotic damage instead. For things that use Fire, change them to Acid or just leave them as fire but reflavor them as "purple hellfire" or something like that.

I also believe there were a couple of threads a while back (well, a month ago or so) that came up with some homebrew Channel Divinity feats for the evil gods, though I can't seem to find them now. Shouldn't be too hard to do again, though - just see what some of the ones in the PHB are and figure out Evil versions.

Yep yep, I remember making Channel Divinity feats for evil. Maybe they got lost in the server switch, but I'll see if I can find the post. (And if not I can dig up the file I had with them.)

Edit: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84973