PDA

View Full Version : Bat vs. Spider

Linkavitch
2008-07-28, 12:59 PM
All right guys, your opinions. Who would win in two situations. 1 Batman and Spider-man, meet on the street and start fighting. My opinion, Spider-man, as bat man would have no time to prepare, and would be overwhelmed by Spidey's superior speed and reflexes. 2 Batman, wanting revenge, prepares his arsenal specifically for fighting spider-man. I think Batman would win in this situation. Just cause then he could prepare, I don't know, heat-seeking batarangs or something. Anyway, I value your opinions, so post them!

MrFabulous
2008-07-28, 01:06 PM
First situation: I see it ending with Spider-man tying up Batman only to be surprised when Batman escapes and makes his get away. In other words no clear winner but Batman would be the one to retreat to regroup.

Second Situation: Assuming that Batman does not fully understand the Spider-Sense I see it just ending in reverse. Spider-Man running away to regroup.

In the long term I see Spider-Man losing overall since Batman would eventually just wear him down with gadgets and better detective skills.

Guyinthestreet
2008-07-28, 01:15 PM
That'll depend on how good Batman is at improvisation and his current arsenal, I think.

Hey, he might have a gas mask and some tear gas. Or flash grenades + sunglasses. Or even the secret wristwatch that summons Superman.

Admiral_Kelly
2008-07-28, 01:24 PM
Draw.

Some other problem will arise in the city as they fight eachother, and they will have to be there to save the day.

DiscipleofBob
2008-07-28, 01:33 PM
Well, I don't see many situations where they'd actually fight. Batman does too much research ahead of time to think Spidey was an actual criminal threat, and Spidey's usually friendly towards other superheroes, even new, stoic, brooding faces like Batman's.

On the off chance they did fight, let's see...

If Batman is preparing specifically for this fight, there's no question, so we'll assume they fight each other on a whim, specifically a misunderstanding or something. Spidey'd be able to last a good, long while in this case mostly due to his Spider-Sense letting him dodge most anything Batman could throw at him. If Spidey somehow got the drop on Batman (a feat which I highly doubt), Batman would just get himself cut out of the webbing and continue the fight. Spider-Man would get a few good hits and captures in, but Batman would recover, learn his lesson, and not get hit the same way again.

At this point, if they STILL don't reach a stalemate and talk things out like good ol' fashioned superheroes, Batman just starts playing ninja chess. That is, using various batarangs, grenades, and other gadgets not to hit Spider-Man (realizing long ago that Spidey somehow sees even hidden attacks coming and knows when to dodge), but to push him into a corner, eventually trapping him to a point where a well-calculated spray of gas grenades leaves Spider-Man with no room to dodge. Spider-Man has a particular vulnerability to gas-based attacks, so he goes down, and wakes up tied up by a strong enough steel cable hanging upside-down, making a snarky comment about the definition of the word "irony."

Linkavitch
2008-07-28, 02:57 PM
Well, I don't see many situations where they'd actually fight.
Let's just say Spidey was swinging through the streets and accidentally knocked the box of donuts that Batman had just purchased under a steam roller.:smallbiggrin:

krossbow
2008-07-28, 03:30 PM
it all depends on how many resources batman is willing to expend.

batman technically CAN defeat basically any entity in the dc universe, he just doesn't go around with a mech suit and kryptonite bullets most of the time.

If he pulled that thing out, he'd probably smash spidey into paste.

Off of that though, really: Batman has more money and resources than the kingpin. Compare.

ericgrau
2008-07-28, 06:16 PM
3. What if spiderman then survives and prepares specifcally for Batman?

That's how all the cartoons seemed to go. Especially since he's an extra science nerd in those.

In the gas situation:
a) Spiderman gets captured simply to further the plot, he and batman talk it out, and everything gets cleared up. This is unlikely, b/c most vs. fights between major character must end in a draw or interruption or inconclusive result in both Marvel and DC universes.
b) Spiderman gets cornered and gassed, but as he's passing out he shoots a web, yanks hard and pulls himself to safety. He says, "Whoa, that was a close one. I better get out of here until I know what I'm up against."

It also depends on the version of each Batman/Spiderman. You could pick a weak version of one and a strong version of the other and the fight would be a wipe. Or even weak vs. weak could change things compared to strong vs. strong. With the recent movies, we have 2 new options.

Tallis
2008-07-29, 11:20 AM
Spider-Man has a particular vulnerability to gas-based attacks, so he goes down, and wakes up tied up by a strong enough steel cable hanging upside-down, making a snarky comment about the definition of the word "irony."

Spider-Man has a particular vulnerability to gas attacks? Is that new? Or do you just mean that he can't dodge them as easily as he can physical attacks?

To the OP-
The first fight could go either way. Batman is generally pretty good at improvising in a fight and he's definitely a better fighter the Spider-Man. On the other hand Spidey's agility will make him very hard to hit and with his strength one good hit on the Bat could end the fight.

The second fight most goes to Batman. He is a far better planner than Spidey and has enough money to get whatever he needs to win.

Scorpina
2008-08-01, 01:47 PM
Spider-Man isn't actually that strong, and he's not a master of any styles of fighting, much less all of them. Plus, the average human (and thus also the peak of humanity, i.e., Bruce) is more powerful in the DCU than in the Marvel universe.

Batman hands the whining bastard his ass.

sikyon
2008-08-01, 02:15 PM
Spider-Man isn't actually that strong, and he's not a master of any styles of fighting, much less all of them. Plus, the average human (and thus also the peak of humanity, i.e., Bruce) is more powerful in the DCU than in the Marvel universe.

Actually spider-man, pre OMD benches an easy 25 tons, which is around 25x more than batman, and far, far more if spiderman is actually enraged (being able, for example, to take down a herald of galactus single-handedly).

Anyhow,

If they met on the street I give it to spider-man, but only if bats stays and fights, and only by a small margine. If batman retreats, spidey can't follow.

Batman's standard weapons loadout includes not only batarangs but a number of area-of-effect weapons such as gas, smoke, flashbangs, etc. These spiderman is much weaker against. Spiderman is also somewhat vulnerable against non superstength hits. While spiderman is super fast, batman is extremly agile as well due to his training. Not as agile, of course, but superior in skill without a doubt. But in the end, spiderman's super strenght and speed just win out the day.

Of course, in an actual situation, it would go something like this:

Spidey meets bats. They start fighting for some reason. Spidey smacks bats and bats realizes he is a meta and can go nuts. He uses batrangs, realizes spidey has superior speed. Spidey webs, batman cuts out, batman uses AOE, spiderman is stunned, batman hits him, spidey uses spider-sense to fight, smacks batman. Batman then uses smoke to screen an escape when he realizes he can't win without support, spidey's sense no longer works as batman is retreating, batman calls in reinforcements, bats is smart enough to figure out spiderman has a spidersense, and manipulates it to his advantage through multi-angle attacks and special fighting forms. Batman wins.

Aquillion
2008-08-03, 12:52 PM
All right guys, your opinions. Who would win in two situations. 1 Batman and Spider-man, meet on the street and start fighting. My opinion, Spider-man, as bat man would have no time to prepare, and would be overwhelmed by Spidey's superior speed and reflexes.Except that Batman would have predicted the meeting anyway, so he would have time to prepare.

Jack_Banzai
2008-08-09, 07:50 PM
Spider-Man isn't actually that strong

Don't know a lot about Spider-Man, do you?

Scorpina
2008-08-09, 08:06 PM
Don't know a lot about Spider-Man, do you?

I do not. Don't much care to...

FoE
2008-08-09, 08:19 PM

I've seen Spider-Man throw a truck through a thick brick wall and crush a metal pipe like paper. He's pretty damn strong. He's also super-agile, possesses sixth sense, and always has a ranged weapon at hand in the form of his webbing.

Compare Spider-Man's rogue's gallery to Batman's, and you see that virtually all of Spidey's foes are using super-powers. When you get down to it, what is the Joker's power besides being really ****ing crazy? Or Two-Face? Or the Penguin?

Don't get me wrong, I think Batman's a great hero. But Spider-Man's at a different level.

Mr. Mud
2008-08-09, 08:47 PM
Compare Spider-Man's rogue's gallery to Batman's, and you see that virtually all of Spidey's foes are using super-powers. When you get down to it, what is the Joker's power besides being really ****ing crazy?

Don't get me wrong, I think Batman's a great hero. But Spider-Man's at a different level.

True. But jokers power is being ****ing crazy. I mean Jack Nicholson played him :smalltongue:. And plus, Joker is opening about his 'half deck of cards' (stupid pun intended), unlike the green goblin who flies around New York on a glider.

but I'm with you FoE, Spiderman would kick the living crap out of the Bat.

DiscipleofBob
2008-08-10, 01:47 AM
Spider-Man has a particular vulnerability to gas attacks? Is that new? Or do you just mean that he can't dodge them as easily as he can physical attacks?

I seem to remember reading in some information booklet that Spider-Man has always been somehow more sensitive to gas-based attacks for some reason. I can't find the original source, so I can't really confirm it. I do, however, know that both Green Goblin, Mysterio, and several other villains developed gases that could nullify his Spider-Sense, his greatest power.

Also, while we're on the subject, I'm sure Batman has something resembling a grease grenade to keep Spider-Man from sticking to walls. Even a properly charged electric shock has been shown to cancel out the wall-crawling ability. Also, apparently Iron Man was able to make false signals for the Spider-Sense, so Batman could probably invent loads of stuff to mess with that.

I've seen Spider-Man throw a truck through a thick brick wall and crush a metal pipe like paper. He's pretty damn strong. He's also super-agile, possesses sixth sense, and always has a ranged weapon at hand in the form of his webbing.

Compare Spider-Man's rogue's gallery to Batman's, and you see that virtually all of Spidey's foes are using super-powers. When you get down to it, what is the Joker's power besides being really ****ing crazy? Or Two-Face? Or the Penguin?

I'd like to draw your attention to just how often someone like Lex Luthor, a completely ordinary billionaire, can give Superman a run for his money. Spider-Man's rogue gallery has a lot more actual super-powered foes, but that really hardly matters. Very few villains in Spider-Man's gallery can come close to matching the intellect and planning of Batman's respective rogue gallery. I sincerely doubt that Spider-Man would be able to handle the Joker should such a crossover come to light.

Spider-Man's strength and agility are by themselves superior to Batman's, but rarely does Batman go directly toe-to-toe with any metahuman. When he does, Batman's own agility combined with his ridiculous martial arts training and experience usually lets him take on even super-strong and super-fast enemies without breaking a sweat. If it was just pure hand-to-hand combat, I'd give it to Spider-Man, but it's rarely ever that simple with Batman.

Spider-Man's main strengths against Batman would be his raw strength and agility. His wall-crawling and spider-sense have both been shown to be nullified by the right gadget (a concept practically defined by Batman), and webbing really wouldn't work all that well against Batman, who could cut through it pretty easily.

That, and Spider-Man strikes me as the type of guy who Batman could get inside his head and manipulate him to his downfall.

FoE
2008-08-10, 01:00 PM
I seem to remember reading in some information booklet that Spider-Man has always been somehow more sensitive to gas-based attacks for some reason. I can't find the original source, so I can't really confirm it. I do, however, know that both Green Goblin, Mysterio, and several other villains developed gases that could nullify his Spider-Sense, his greatest power.

Oh, so you THINK Spider-Man is vulnerable to gas-based attacks because you MAY have read it somewhere? Well, I'm here to inform you that ain't the case. He's no more vulnerable to knockout gas or poison than Batman; in fact, since he has super-strength, he's probably a little more resistant.

I'd like to draw your attention to just how often someone like Lex Luthor, a completely ordinary billionaire, can give Superman a run for his money.

I like that phrase, "completely ordinary billionaire." :smallbiggrin:

Dude, Lex Luthor is one of the smartest people IN THE UNIVERSE. Did you see the end of Justice League Unlimited?

Metron: I warn you one last time: only a Level 12 intellect has the slightest hope of surviving what you are about to experience.
Luthor: Then I'm over-qualified.

And even then, all his scheming would come to nothing if Supes just flew in the window of his office and baked Luthor with his heat-vision.

Very few villains in Spider-Man's gallery can come close to matching the intellect and planning of Batman's respective rogue gallery.

See: the Kingpin, the Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus ... these guys are all pretty brilliant.

Spider-Man's strength and agility are by themselves superior to Batman's, but rarely does Batman go directly toe-to-toe with any metahuman. When he does, Batman's own agility combined with his ridiculous martial arts training and experience usually lets him take on even super-strong and super-fast enemies without breaking a sweat..

Didn't he get his back broken by Bane ...? :smallamused:

Spider-Man's main strengths against Batman would be his raw strength and agility. His wall-crawling and spider-sense have both been shown to be nullified by the right gadget (a concept practically defined by Batman), and webbing really wouldn't work all that well against Batman, who could cut through it pretty easily.

That, and Spider-Man strikes me as the type of guy who Batman could get inside his head and manipulate him to his downfall.

Trying to screw with Spider-Man's head rarely works out. And Batman might give Peter a good fight, but in the end, he's going to triumph.

Guyinthestreet
2008-08-10, 01:23 PM
I like that phrase, "completely ordinary billionaire." :smallbiggrin:

Dude, Lex Luthor is one of the smartest people IN THE UNIVERSE. Did you see the end of Justice League Unlimited?

Metron: I warn you one last time: only a Level 12 intellect has the slightest hope of surviving what you are about to experience.
Luthor: Then I'm over-qualified.

He got "modified" by Brainiac.

But why did he hold a grudge against Superman? Wasn't it because he was turned bald (and Superman happened to be in the vicinity that day)?

Lex would have turned bald anyway (I mean, there's no real harm done to him. It's not like he needed the hair to turn Super Saiyan or use it to attack opponents.) And there's lots of fantastic wigs he can try on. So I wonder why he's so mad at Superman.

FoE
2008-08-10, 01:30 PM
He got "modified" by Brainiac.

Yeah, but those modifications didn't last. He didn't have super-strength in the following season, for instance. All that stuff got beaten out of him by Flash.

But why did he hold a grudge against Superman? Wasn't it because he was turned bald (and Superman happened to be in the vicinity that day)?

That was the Silver Age Lex Luthor. Nothing made sense in those days. Jimmy Olson got turned into ****ing Gamera every other week. :smalltongue:

North
2008-08-10, 01:59 PM

Because Metropolis is HIS city. People should be looking up to and worshipping him NOT the ALIEN.

Lexs ego cant stand for there to be anyone better or bigger then him.

FoE
2008-08-10, 02:39 PM
"There's no deep psychology behind the struggle between Superman and me. It's all very simple. How would you feel if someone deliberately stood in your way, over and over again?"

"IF IT WASN'T FOR SUPERMAN, I'D BE IN CHARGE ON THIS PLANET!" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Star_Superman)

Guyinthestreet
2008-08-10, 11:06 PM
Because Metropolis is HIS city. People should be looking up to and worshipping him NOT the ALIEN.

Lexs ego cant stand for there to be anyone better or bigger then him.

"There's no deep psychology behind the struggle between Superman and me. It's all very simple. How would you feel if someone deliberately stood in your way, over and over again?"

"IF IT WASN'T FOR SUPERMAN, I'D BE IN CHARGE ON THIS PLANET!" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Star_Superman)

Well, I guess that's a better motivation than hair. Since Lex Luthor has an ego, I'll say that it'll get into his way when he's trying to plot something out.

tribble
2008-08-13, 03:41 PM
back on topic, tech isnt much help against spiderman, ever seen the spider slayers? every one failed. bats works off of ambushes. those dont work on spiderman. unless its carnage or venom, and maybe Green goblin. so I predict this: Bats attempts to ambush spidey, and spidey sees it coming. spidey sparta-kicks Bats across the rooftop.(or off of it.) bats feels his ribs and, assuming they arent broken, hops up and throws batarangs at spidey, who dodges. spidey latches some webbing onto bats' foot, and yanks him off his feet. maybe even spins him around like a throwing hammer at the olympics. bats cuts spideys webbing. (ignoring for a minute the fact that spider webbing is stonger, in terms of relative durability, than steel cable.) bats tries to go kung fu on spidey, and recieves a left hook for his trouble. Bats runs.

Khanderas
2008-08-14, 09:04 AM
Batman is indeed a Badass normal.

But that is just what it is. Excepting Plot (and frankly Batman wins due to plot 90-something % of the time vs supes) there is only one way it can realistically go, assuming they are both not specifically prepared (basic gear for both, no special Spider-sense disturber) and it is a straight up fistfight.

Spiderman will as soon as he takes Batman serious he will wipe the floor fast with Batman. True Spiderman don't take much seriously at first, but he also can take crapload of punishment beyond what most normals can dish out. Speed, agility and strength beyond what batman ever can hope for plus spidersense.
Gas ? Spidersense says hold your breath.
Flashbang grenade ? Assuming he would watch the grenade go off spidersense would help dodge here as well.
An electrical taser may work, in hand to hand. but that is a faily big maybe.

How many punches will Batman need to connect to take down Spiderman ? Lots. How many do Spiderman need (id say very few).
Assuming Batman don't have "spiderman web disintegrator spray" he would be a sausage farily quick.

Now Batman is a cool character for many reasons, do not think I am against him because of fan reasons. They are not just in the same legue (not counting preparation and plot).

Khanderas
2008-08-14, 09:29 AM

Well I obviously disagree (or I wouldn't reply). Your position is that Batman knows more styles of martial arts and is as stong as a non-augumented human can be (with the DC universe having a stronger normal stock of ppl) he will win ?

I reply that Spiderman is not at the physical top a human can be for a non-augumented human in his universe. He is far above that. I give that Spidey has no formal training in martial arts, but with the superhuman Strength, Agility, Speed and spidersense he still got more then enough.

When you can benchpress a car with ease, there are no holds Batman can reliably hold him in (cuffing would be equally ineffective).
I don't know how many times faster and more agile Spiderman is compared to "a very good normal" but I would dare to say no contest in Spidermans favour.
Batman can take a few punches from most people, but endurancewise Spidey can take whatever Batman gives.

*shrug* I just don't see how, excluding super-detective and come back with anti-spider-spray / Plot, how Batman even got an edge in a spur-of the moment fight.

Laurentio II
2008-08-14, 09:32 AM
So, the whole discussion is down to "Who is prepared to the fight, wins". More thrilling, and I'll have to take some Ritalin to keep attention on the (virtual) comic.

Let's see some more view point.
Starting power is all to Spider-Man. BatMan, as already stated, doesn't carry a nuclear bomb and a personal force field all the time.
Field preparation is BatMan gimmick. Even the Punisher managed to knock-out Spidey in a well placed trap. And as much as I like Frank Castle and Microchip, they are qualified just enough to bring BarMan golf bag, when you came to strategy.
Mind that Parker has already given proof of being more than an amateur in preparing himself for a battle.
Determination is a tough discussion. BatMan is determinate in an obsessive way, while Spider-Man is, at average, a nice guy that prefer to speak before punching. If wounded, it's not unknown to flee away. But, the moment you corner or enrage him, it's unstoppable.

Usually, who is more powerful and determinate (Spider-Man) wins in a straight fight, while the more ingenious (BatMan) wins in an ambush. So, the question need to be more focused.

And I'm not considering Deus ex Machina, bad writing, draws or plot necessity. It still hurts me to remember Spider-Man bashing all X-Men one-hand during Secret Wars. It hurts every time I think about it... (moaning)

Revlid
2008-08-14, 06:23 PM
Usually, who is more powerful and determinate (Spider-Man) wins in a straight fight, while the more ingenious (BatMan) wins in an ambush. So, the question need to be more focused.

Of course, since the Spider-Sense removes the possibility of an ambush, Spider-Man wins.

DiscipleofBob
2008-08-15, 11:02 AM
Of course, since the Spider-Sense removes the possibility of an ambush, Spider-Man wins.

Except there are numerous ways to get around the Spider-Sense. Green Goblin and Mysterio invented a gas weapon which completely nullifies it. Iron Man created a way to send false Spider-Sense signals to confuse it. One villain even got around it by being friends with Peter Parker in real life for the sole purpose of confusing his Spider-Sense to think he was a friend. Heck, you could somehow utilize the symbiotes' power to be completely immune to it. All it would take is a little research and R&D to accomplish. Shouldn't be hard who's pretty much based his entire superhero career on that concept. Also, the Spider-Sense doesn't tell Peter exactly what's attacking him, only that there's a threat nearby.

It's essentially the comic book equivalent of Improved Initiative, and Bats is delaying his action anyway :smalltongue:

Revlid
2008-08-15, 06:14 PM
Except there are numerous ways to get around the Spider-Sense. Green Goblin and Mysterio invented a gas weapon which completely nullifies it. Iron Man created a way to send false Spider-Sense signals to confuse it.

Actually, Mysterio's was more jamming technology than gas, and hasn't really been mentioned since his first few appearances. The Green Goblin's was just a powerful knockout gas that slowed him, nothing special. And Iron Man is a scientific genius who still needed a year's worth of readings from a spidersuit he made specially for Peter.

One villain even got around it by being friends with Peter Parker in real life for the sole purpose of confusing his Spider-Sense to think he was a friend.

That's just bad writing - the Chameleon and other shapeshifters have set off the Spidersense while mimicking his friends, as has one of his friends who was brainwashed to attack him with a code word.

Heck, you could somehow utilize the symbiotes' power to be completely immune to it. All it would take is a little research and R&D to accomplish. Shouldn't be hard who's pretty much based his entire superhero career on that concept.

How would Batman utilize the symbiote? Where would he get one? How would he research it? How, for that matter, would he research Spider-Man?

FoE
2008-08-15, 07:41 PM
That's just bad writing - the Chameleon and other shapeshifters have set off the Spidersense while mimicking his friends, as has one of his friends who was brainwashed to attack him with a code word.

In fact, his spider-sense went off in the presence of a woman that Spider-Man had been mind-controlled into believing he loved. He stopped her just before she stabbed him with a knife.

evisiron
2008-08-15, 08:22 PM
Pretty much all the reasons I could mention for either side have already been discussed. I would not say its impossible for Batman to win, but Spiderman would emerge victorious much more often than not due to superior abilities and experience.

And to reinforce the experience part, so many of Batmans villians are (crazy) men with guns. Spiderman faces acid spraying super strong creatures such the Scorpion as one of his easier encounters. I could even go as far to say that the Green Goblin is superior to Batman in pretty much every way, and we have seen how that fight turns out.

sikyon
2008-08-16, 12:32 AM
Spider-sense is not foolproof. It is infact extremly vauge in that he does not know what the threat is or where it is comming from. For this reason spidey often ignores it, because he can't do anything about it if there's nothing obvious. This makes abushes still possible, just more difficult. But no more difficult for batman than, say, against the flash.

Spidey's durability is furthermore questionable (especially against stuff like pressure-points). Generally his durability is nowhere near his strength levels. The guy isn't luke cage, he can be knocked around fairly well by non powered peak-humans.

Compare batman to: Electra. Honestly while near the same level batman's probably a better H2H combatant, considering general regards in cross-universe combat, batman was apparently comparable to cap who is one of the top non-powered or low powered (yes cap counts here, cap is ultimate human but not technically superhuman [see: MVP]) close combat experts of the marvel universe. Electra is generally regarded as being deadly even to powered heroes, while I'm not aware of direct spidey-electra combat I know she is on par with daredevil and wolverine. Not sure about daredevil but wolverine at least is evenly matched with spidey. Electra also held her own against luke cage, though the fight was inconclusive.

Batman furthermore has done some pretty nutty things like punch and outwit darkseid. Unfortunatly however without prep batman rarely retreats, even against metas, unless he's part of a team with metas that can do the grunt work for him while he solves the puzzle. And that's what spidey is, a puzzle. He's physically superior but has alot of weaknesses, including spider-sense which can be manipulated into being useless but especially not extreme durability (he probably shows durability around cap's level, in retrospect).

In short, spidey has lots of super-strength but relativly poor durability. Spider-sense is not infalliable and often can screw him, and he's more vulnerable to area of effect attacks as his agility doesn't help him nearly as much as against directed attacks like guns. Batman probably can't take him in a cage match but in prolonged conflict spidey is screwed.

Plotwise, however, spidey has a tendancy to go what I call "super-spidey" where he's capable of lifting trains, beating heralds of galactus and withstanding point blank maximum repulsor blasts from iron man without a scratch, so in this scenario he's nearly invincible. On the other hand, batman is bat-god, who with preptime beats pretty much everybody pretty good. Have to go with bats as bats doesn't kill, so spidey has little incentive to unleash the spider within.

Laurentio II
2008-08-18, 06:48 AM
Excellent analysis. I'd like to add one point, that we can call "Super BatMan time".
When BatMan is taking too much (and in the event of losing against Spider-Man, a severe bashing is a must), he became god-like inventive and fast thinking. A stunt that Spider-Man himself used more than once, but for BatMan is almost reliable. This means that whoever is losing, is supposed to became stronger and faster (Spidey) or smarter and unpredictable (BatMan). Only that, Spider-Man need to be enraged too, in order to achieve the "Super Sayian" status, while BatMan just need to be losing.

On the other hand, they are very different when winning. BatMan is obsessed with covering all flaws and errors, and even while winning, his focus is very high.
Spider-Man is a bad winner; when he gets the high hand, he usually takes time to taunt the enemy, or to understand his motivation (BatMan prefers to ask later). So, while winning, Spider-Man is prone to take risks that BatMan won't even touch with a BatPole three yards long.

Previously I told "The more prepared wins". If we are speaking of a straight fight, I say:
- "super Spider-Man" always wins (Spider-Man angry - not very probable, as BatMan doesn't taunt adversary if not to take direct advantage)
- "super BatMan" wins on normal Spider-Man (due to deus ex machina or superior rhetoric on confused enemy)
- Spider-Man wins on a straight fight, but high chance of triggering the Super BatMan scenario.

tribble
2008-08-21, 11:27 PM
actually, captain america IS a super-human, he is the sole success of a super-soldier Product.

chiasaur11
2008-08-22, 12:46 AM
Wait, we got an authoratative answer on this from 8 bit theater's Red Mage.

If I remember right, he said Spider-Man would win.
Makes some degree of sense. A little bit of pre-cog and a lot of agility and speed go a long way. And Parker, while he doesn't show it often, has the makings of a Richards style genius. So "Batman is tons smarter" only really applies to planning, not raw intellect. So, unless he had massive prep time (in which case he tends to win) Parker wins.