PDA

View Full Version : [Spell] A fitting death, for one so fair...

Collin152
2008-07-29, 07:53 PM
I was bored, and looking over old Disney movies. Tcha.

Sleeping Death
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 4, Drd 5
Components: V, S, M/ DF
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Touch
Target: One apple
Duration: Permanent until discharged, permanent
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: yes

“Dip the apple in the brew. Let the Sleeping Death seep through. Look! On the skin! The symbol of what lies within! Now, turn red, to tempt Snow White, to make her hunger for a bite. When she breaks the tender peel, to taste the apple in my hand, her breath will still, her blood congeal… then I’ll be fairest in the land!”

You enchant an apple to cause the next living creature to take a bite from it to fall into a catatonic slumber. The subject must willingly bite the apple, and their own spell resistance applies. If they fail their saving throw, they immediately collapse into a dreamless sleep upon taking a bite. The victim does not need to eat, drink, or breathe but they continue to age. This effect is treated as a poison, and as such a creature immune to poison is immune to the effect. The effect can only be negated by True Love’s first kiss, a Neutralize Poison spell, a Heal spell, or some similar effect.

Arcane Material Component: A mixture of various alchemical substances in which the apple is steeped.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-07-29, 07:59 PM
The effect can only be negated by True Love’s first kiss, a Neutralize Poison spell, a Heal spell, or some similar effect.

I can already see Snow White's story ending quite lamely as a cleric was traveling the countryside... :smallamused:

Collin152
2008-07-29, 08:12 PM
I can already see Snow White's story ending quite lamely as a cleric was traveling the countryside... :smallamused:

:smallbiggrin:
I thought that would be funny.

JoshuaZ
2008-07-29, 09:14 PM
I was bored, and looking over old Disney movies. Tcha.

Sleeping Death
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 4, Drd 5
Components: V, S, M/ DF
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Touch
Target: One apple
Duration: Permanent until discharged, permanent
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: yes

“Dip the apple in the brew. Let the Sleeping Death seep through. Look! On the skin! The symbol of what lies within! Now, turn red, to tempt Snow White, to make her hunger for a bite. When she breaks the tender peel, to taste the apple in my hand, her breath will still, her blood congeal… then I’ll be fairest in the land!”

You enchant an apple to cause the next living creature to take a bite from it to fall into a catatonic slumber. The subject must willingly bite the apple, and their own spell resistance applies. If they fail their saving throw, they immediately collapse into a dreamless sleep upon taking a bite. The victim does not need to eat, drink, or breathe but they continue to age. This effect is treated as a poison, and as such a creature immune to poison is immune to the effect. The effect can only be negated by True Love’s first kiss, a Neutralize Poison spell, a Heal spell, or some similar effect.

Arcane Material Component: A mixture of various alchemical substances in which the apple is steeped.

I'm not sure that the spell needs to be 4th level given that the individual gets spell resistance, a fortitude save, and needs to be tricked into eating it. I would also have it slow aging down somewhat (maybe they age at half the normal rate? A third the normal rate?).

Also, I'd specify some cost to the various alchemical substances, maybe 10 gp or so to keep it cheap?