PDA

View Full Version : Stories of Arsoni, chapter 1.-negotiations

alexeduardo
2008-07-30, 03:20 PM
When they're not setting the world ablaze, the leaders of the civilized and barbarian nations gather to parley with the enemy. Many applaud this kind of behavior, but we all know they're just waiting to spit their daggers.

Anyway, unless it's a super secret meeting on the forest, negotiate here

Fan
2008-07-30, 03:22 PM
I pm'd the flattery to LA already.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-07-30, 03:24 PM
As long as we have a thread for this, Schwerzen's "coal for food" deal with Steelflame Industries is approved. This should keep Schwerzen industry in good supply while they're building up the rail infrastructure, which will in turn make exporting food easier.

Ascension
2008-07-30, 11:48 PM
To summarize my earlier agreement with Manthus, Libertatia has accepted food and lumber from Agres in exchange for leaving Agressian territory peacefully and raiding the Imperiat instead.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 01:12 AM
The Seniholmn craft pull up along side the Romano Imperiat, hailing for the right to board. All twilight shields are dropped, and arms lowered to the sea.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-07-31, 01:13 AM
The Romano ships agree and pull up as well, the sharks are kept away from the ships, incase any of the non-were's fell off by accident.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 01:17 AM
The Seniholmn merchants are dressed in long robes, the lower halves of their faces obscured by silver plated masks. Half elves and Teiflings can be made out of the small crowd, as well as several orcs. The lead speaks

"Greetings fellows! We are the Seniholmn merchant fleet. We noticed you are flying forigen flags. Is there anything you require on your long navel journies?"

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-07-31, 01:23 AM
The majority of the Romano were aquatic Weres, the rest were mostly rats and the occasional wolf, with a few rare examples of more exotic weres. Weresharks, Snakes, Crocodiles, Walruses and Sea Lions, as well as many others can be made out among the crew. The Wererats all look hearty, practically like pirates. Their furs were brown, long, and scraggly, they had scars and many had various limbs or other body parts missing, and their long yellowing teeth are universally sharp. One on the ship, a large Wereshark with what looked like a harpoon wound stepped forward, his dress set him apart as the captain of that ship:

"We are Weres of the Romano Imperiat, this is a merchant fleet as well, and we have come to negotiate with the inhabitants of the island around here, I'm guessing your just such inhabitants, correct?"

Fan
2008-07-31, 01:25 AM
The Leader Crovax calmly sips som tea, as the man angerly repies to his flattery.
"I see. I'am Crovax King of a nearby valley, we are a peaceful nation, and do not go to war unless provoked, andare merely trying to get to know the world outside our rather large valley, I'm sorry if my rather cavalier ways of entrance have offended you, but I needed to have an audience today as I have a set day to return to the valley, so I'm sure a man as important as your self would understand that time is of the essence.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 01:31 AM
The majority of the Romano were aquatic Weres, the rest were mostly rats and the occasional wolf, with a few rare examples of more exotic weres. Weresharks, Snakes, Crocodiles, Walruses and Sea Lions, as well as many others can be made out among the crew. The Wererats all look hearty, practically like pirates. Their furs were brown, long, and scraggly, they had scars and many had various limbs or other body parts missing, and their long yellowing teeth are universally sharp. One on the ship, a large Wereshark with what looked like a harpoon wound stepped forward, his dress set him apart as the captain of that ship:

"We are Weres of the Romano Imperiat, this is a merchant fleet as well, and we have come to negotiate with the inhabitants of the island around here, I'm guessing your just such inhabitants, correct?"

We are of the mountain Seniholmn, but yes, it is on the island. If you would desire such negotiations allow us to set a barter table upon your craft, and we will make our deals with you. What do you have to offer our nation, oh Were's?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-07-31, 01:32 AM
The Leader Crovax calmly sips som tea, as the man angerly repies to his flattery.
"I see. I'am Crovax King of a nearby valley, we are a peaceful nation, and do not go to war unless provoked, andare merely trying to get to know the world outside our rather large valley, I'm sorry if my rather cavalier ways of entrance have offended you, but I needed to have an audience today as I have a set day to return to the valley, so I'm sure a man as important as your self would understand that time is of the essence.

The Romanis, a massive, old, and scarred werebear, obviously an old and powerful veteran, walked calmly about the room. His movements were those of a powerful predator, a born killer, and an instinctual fighter. Its obvious that, even if he had no weapons, to trifle with this towering, and graying Were, would be a mistake. He growled, low in his throat, a deep and thundering sound, as he began to speak. You could have easily sent a messenger, or told the guards who you were. If you'd told them who you were, they would have sent a messenger, and you would have been allowed in with my blessing. As it stands, I want to know what you found so pressing you needed to see me straight away. His brown-gray form walked over to the Imperial Throne, a colossal affair, even with all of his bulk the Werebear barely filled up 3/4 of it.

We are of the mountain Seniholmn, but yes, it is on the island. If you would desire such negotiations allow us to set a barter table upon your craft, and we will make our deals with you. What do you have to offer our nation, oh Were's?

The Wereshark, Captain Corvan, nodded and he spoke as they came to his ship. "Trading partners, technology, information. I'm sure we could find something that will be agreeable for both of us".

Fan
2008-07-31, 01:43 AM
Crovax laughed a little, but quickly shut himself up.
"why sir we are a new nation unaccustomed to dealing with others we have not been outside the valley in over 2000 years, if I remember correctly. So You will have to excuse m if I stumble over a racial custom or two, in our land people are free to come, and go from any place as they please, so Long as they are not acting suspicious. Now the entire reason I came here is because me, and my comrades, and I are on a search for other nations to trade, and to ally with. You see our valley may be small but it is rich with the resources, and despite it being rich a valley can only provide so many thing yes? We have made some recent technological discoveries that require much more metal than we can produce, and we are merely out here in this huge, new world to gather said resources, we have no violent intent this is merely a resorce expendition.I understand if you feel like you do not wish to trade, we are the walking dead no? If you wish us to leave we shall, no fuss will be made, we will leave the appropriate offering at the gates in return for your hopitality, and you shall never see us again. Unless of course you request a meeting. " (all this has a heavy Russian accent to it.)

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-07-31, 02:13 AM
The Romanis eyed the newcomer suspiciously. It hardly seems like something as trivial as trade would bring the leader of a whole nation, but as you said our customs are different. We make some metal, but not enough to trade reliably, however we do know of a nation that is rich in metals and such. We will contact them and see if we can arrange a meeting, and perhaps we could act as a relay to benefit of all. I will send a messenger with their response. Now, if that is all, I have many urgent issues to attend to, the conquest in the north, new peoples in the east, negotiations with a powerful northern nation, important thing. I will contact you if we have any luck. The Romanis, having excused the foreigner as politely as he could, slumped back in his throne, and servants hurried to aid the foreign leader.

Fan
2008-07-31, 02:18 AM
The leader gratefully accepted their hjelp playing the part of the diplomat to the fullest, and managed to escape the city with what he considered a happy ending, as they began the long ride home, he considered how war-mongering that nation was. Ineed they were going to have to be prepared against them should things turn sour, they would need to build a great wall out of the natural stone of the mountainous valley, it would have multiple layers to divert soege engines, and the such, he came home to see a lizard man emmisary sitting in his throne he decided to welcome this lizardman with open arms, you can never have to many allies.

Benejeseret
2008-07-31, 11:38 AM
Word of mouth, and the odd found posted notice, has spread news of an open port east of the Agres islands. The area is rumoured to be of ill repute but a wealth of goods hard to find in legal markets. The pirate wars in the region have begun to settle, but the port has gained a reputation to hold a wealth of mercenary and freelance men for hire.

Moreover, some channels report the area is nearly disease free and supports miraculous healers. Sailors return from the region to show a working hand where their hook once was. Mercenaries and travels are proud to boast how the healers rid them of scars and returned their youthful vitality.

((Basically, implying you have started to hear about the port through contacts that the region is 1) a great place to hire mercs, 2) a wealthy port, and 3) possesses amazing healers. Feel free to officially or through back channels have agents visit and sample our services.))

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 01:18 PM
The Wereshark, Captain Corvan, nodded and he spoke as they came to his ship. "Trading partners, technology, information. I'm sure we could find something that will be agreeable for both of us".

The Mage bows low, a large table being brought from his ship and placed on the deck, a large peice of paper, three odd looking rifles, and a glowing blue box are placed on the table shortly after.

"Before me, Captian, is a written agreement that we have equal trade with the goods we are offering. The rifles are custom made for offlanders, they operate on far more sophisticated levels then any weapondry you hold on the island. These cells, are bio-electric energy cubes, they function in the place of coal and flame, and operate cleanly, producing no pollution."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-07-31, 01:28 PM
Captain Corvan nodded, he waved over a scruffy looking Wererat, who had the pensive, unkempt look of a very busy man. He hurries over, papers in his hands. He handed the papers over to the mage and began to speak quickly.

"Here are documents that we also made, and some of our own equipment for trade. I assume that your rifles run on your own technology, perhaps we could find something to trade for the technology to fuel them"

After the Wererat came two large Weres, a wolf and a crocodile, carrying what looks like a large suit of armor. They put it down and the Wererat poured steam in a chamber in its back. It came jerkily to motion, and walked to stand beside the captain.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 01:32 PM
A mumur runs through mages before their captian speaks.

"Our weapons and goods run on our own technology. We are not opposed in setting a permant camp in your region, under your laws, to fix and supply you with more goods, for the proper trade of course. If you are offering up your clockworks, we can trade you technical improvments for those as well, after we take the proper measures to deconstruct your own. We require food, and resources such as steel and salt."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-07-31, 01:38 PM
The Captain and the Wererat nod.

"We could find that agreeable. We can supply food, but you might want to look to the Steelfire Industries for metal, they have more mines than us by far"

He points to the map of the island, indicating a large area thats covered in red

"As for the Ferrumilitis" he continues, gesturing toward the walking armor "we would gladly share our knowledge of such things, in exchange for technologies and resources you can provide"

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 01:42 PM
It is hard to tell if the captain smiles due to the mask, but his eyes seem to convey a certain level of mirth.

"We are very well aware of the Steelflame Industries, *he poinst to the top most part of the island* We are based there, and have a grand working relationship with the Company. But back to trade no? We would gladly aid in upgrading your... Ferrumilitis. Send this one back with us, and we shall send a merchant ship with the improvements. For such improvements and weapondry, we ask only for food and perhaps favors to be named at another time."

With that, the captain offers forth a large pen

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-07-31, 01:49 PM
The Wererat takes the pen, and upon concluding the agreement only contained what was spoken, signed it.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you, we still sail for Steelflame Industries for trade, but I feel this will be satisfactory for all"

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 01:57 PM
The Captain signs the paper as well, giving a formal bow and a copy of the agreement.

"Send our regards to the Industries, and safe travels to you in the waters around our island."

With that, the Seniholmn envoy packs up, and moves on to the main land.

BRC
2008-07-31, 05:14 PM
As the Romano Imperiat ships get closer to the Island, an Airship bearing the insignia of Steelflame Industries approaches them. A Loudspeaker crackles to life:
"Attention Romano Imperiat Ships, Steelflame Industries has heard of your arrival and is ready to receive you. Please follow us to Omniport Three."

(Note, the next section is assuming LA's ships follow the Airship, if not, all this is invalidated.)
The Airship takes them towards the mainland where they can see the towering structure of Omniport Three. Ships and Airships are constantly arriving, leaving, loading, unloading, or sitting in various stages of repair and/or construction. A long pier has been designated for them however, and they are guided too it. A neatly dressed Wererat stands on the dock flanked by a pair of Hobgoblins in security forces uniforms. As Capitan Corvan (or whoever) steps off the ship the Wererat smiles.
"Hello, my name is Giles DuBerry, the Board of Directors appointed me as ambassador to the Imperiat. I was about to set steam when we received word you were coming. I hope the trip was comfortable."

Fan
2008-07-31, 05:29 PM
Crovax (my avvie.) welcomes you with hugs, and the hordes finest vodka.
In honor of meeting the Argres the decide to hold banquet. They're very happy to meet someone who dies'nt discrminate against them becuasee they're undead.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-07-31, 05:33 PM
Captain Corvan nodded, and the peevish, scruffy Wererat bustled out behind him.

"The trip was pleasantly uneventful. We are, as I'm sure you are aware, here to trade and negotiate terms to acquire some trading outposts from Steelflame Industries. We hope you will accommodate our requests, as we need as many outposts and fortifications as we can get."

Manthus
2008-07-31, 05:37 PM
Easter, the first of the ambassadors, states simply "The liquor here is much better than in Agres. More alchohol, less sea water." He takes a long sip. He toasts, "To business!"

Fan
2008-07-31, 05:44 PM
Crovax nods as he sips the clear Vodka, and says "Well the alcohol is only a part of what goes into our Vodka, the brewing processes alone take over 50 years, and the selection process for the materials takes an additaonal five for a bottle such as this.. But I'm getting side tracked, Easter, in honor of our nations meeting we are going to hold a banquet you yourself are invited as well as any family you are willing to bring, and your leader he is to invited, the banquet will be held in early spring to symbolize the new alliance i hope it will bring."

Manthus
2008-07-31, 06:02 PM
"Victant is sure to come. He loves excuses to get away from the palace. He is establishing an agreement with a mercenary colony, known as the Red Sky. They live on the North-Eastern coast. Thankfully, they are not as cutthroat as we supposed, and would never think of killing a possible employer. If things go as expected, they should be earning their keep by Spawning Season, or Spring time, as you say it." Aerosol, a Sahuagin ambassador states loudly. He takes a napkin and begins to sketch a drawing of a ship. "My people have been working on a prototype. Ever since the flying city flew over us, they have been determined to make it. They told us all "Think of the possibilities. The places we would find! Trading would never be easier!" He raises his arms in exclamation, spilling some of his vodka on Easter. Easter elbows him, and Aerosol lowers his arms and grins. Easter takes over, "We will only be staying here for another night before we report back to the council. We are sure to tell Victant and the councillors about the banquet. And thank you for the... vodka." The unfamiliar word comes to his lips with difficulty. Two nights later, the embassadors set off in the small, fast chiropter, heading south.

BRC
2008-07-31, 06:10 PM
Captain Corvan nodded, and the peevish, scruffy Wererat bustled out behind him.

"The trip was pleasantly uneventful. We are, as I'm sure you are aware, here to trade and negotiate terms to acquire some trading outposts from Steelflame Industries. We hope you will accommodate our requests, as we need as many outposts and fortifications as we can get."
DuBurry nods. "Yes, the Board has outlined a specific offer for you. I'll tell you about it somewhere quieter." The Wererat leads the Romano delegation to a conference room overlooking the docks. Food is there.
"Steelfire Enterprises has a fortified colony near your borders, the mineral veins that it was established to harvest tapped out a few months ago. It is mainly subterranean, can repair and resupply both surface ship and airships, is highly defensible, includes an ore refinery, and contains plenty of warehouse space that could be easily converted. That said, rather than merely sell you this property, we have a different deal in mind.We will give it to you on Indefinite loan in exchange for the right to move cargo through the Imperiat without harassment. Steelfire Industries will provide personnel and security for the outpost, though they will do what you ask of course, and you can assign any additional personnel you wish to the outpost. You maintain control over the outpost so long as our trade shipments are allowed free passage through your territory. How does that arrangement sound to you."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-07-31, 06:41 PM
Corvan nodded and looked to the shaggy wererat, who looked up at the wereshark and nodded in assent to the agreement. Corvan turned to the Steelflame wererat and spoke.

"This sounds like a good deal to us. However, we should make it clear that we will be checking all goods that come through our nation, whether it is from you, or anyone else, and we will supply some of our own security forces. Its a matter of security and I'm sure you'll understand"

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 07:33 PM
A small Seniholmn merchant force happens upon the immiet war, splitting up and entreating both sides for sales.

alexeduardo
2008-07-31, 07:36 PM
A small Seniholmn merchant force happens upon the immiet war, splitting up and entreating both sides for sales.

A Mountain Knight and ten musketeers are sent to talk.

We believe you sell guns, yes? says a young translator musketeer

BRC
2008-07-31, 08:19 PM
Corvan nodded and looked to the shaggy wererat, who looked up at the wereshark and nodded in assent to the agreement. Corvan turned to the Steelflame wererat and spoke.

"This sounds like a good deal to us. However, we should make it clear that we will be checking all goods that come through our nation, whether it is from you, or anyone else, and we will supply some of our own security forces. Its a matter of security and I'm sure you'll understand"
DuBerry smiles. "Of course, to demand otherwise would be unreasonable. Was there any other business you wished to attend to, if not I have a matter I wish to discuss."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-07-31, 08:21 PM
Captain Corvan looked over his shoulder and then back at the wererat.

"Well, we brought trade goods of many kinds, we were hoping we could sell some of our goods here, if thats ok with you."

BRC
2008-07-31, 08:23 PM
Captain Corvan looked over his shoulder and then back at the wererat.

"Well, we brought trade goods of many kinds, we were hoping we could sell some of our goods here, if thats ok with you."
"Of course. I'll have the Appraisers sent down to the docks to inspect your goods and offer you a price."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-07-31, 08:30 PM
The Captain nodded and returned to his ship.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-07-31, 08:31 PM
A small Seniholmn merchant force happens upon the immiet war, splitting up and entreating both sides for sales.A captain of the Royal Army and a small guard retinue arrives, under a white flag so as not to be shot at by the trolls at this juncture. After an appraising look at the other side, he asks the merchant if he's got any mining equipment.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 08:36 PM
The trade envoy's bow to their respective representatives, holding forth a large scroll.

We are the Seniholmn mechant's guild

@Nerd-O-Rama: We do in fact sell mining equipment, and weapons, and bio-energy. We have noticed you are also at war, would you desire anything else for trade?

@Alex-We do sell weapons yes, concussion rifles, and other technological advancements few nations of this land have seen. But we ask for equal trade. What would you offer us?

alexeduardo
2008-07-31, 08:40 PM
(just so you know, we are now in a cave with the king and ten musketeeers)
(do not question my logic)

hmm...we are good warriors translates the young soldier
We can offer our services to your king, a troll is a hard to kill creature, Unless you fight against enemies made out entirely out of fire, there's nothing that can stop us

Nerd-o-rama
2008-07-31, 08:42 PM
"And some pressurised water cannons, if you have those."

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 08:43 PM
The merchant envoy makes a tssking sound, shaking his head.

"We do not fight, my dear...smelly friend. We are merchants. Though envoies with our trade ships and parties would be most apperciated. We shall have weapons fitted for your size and...physical power within a week for transport. If this please's you, we ask that you agree to a full term mercenary contract with the Seniholmn Nation."

Edit:@Nerd-O-Rama: "We do not have pressurized...water cannons, but we can begin offer you powerful air compression cannons."

alexeduardo
2008-07-31, 08:44 PM
The merchant envoy makes a tssking sound, shaking his head.

"We do not fight, my dear...smelly friend. We are merchants. Though envoies with our trade ships and parties would be most apperciated. We shall have weapons fitted for your size and...physical power within a week for transport. If this please's you, we ask that you agree to a full term mercenary contract with the Seniholmn Nation."

yes, rifles will be good

he takes a few seconds to find words

Also, mechanical bears and mechanical horses were used in battle against us, whatdo you want in exchange for those?

Nerd-o-rama
2008-07-31, 08:48 PM
The captain hefts his rifle. "Already got our order of those for the year, but never mind. Our battle's pretty well over for the moment, and we should be looking at future strategy. Anything in the nature of force projection over a wilderness area? Some king of weapon you can use to hit a big area and still be able to move around without well-built roads? Something like our Steam Rams, maybe, but better for rough terrain?"

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 08:52 PM
@Alex- We do not require payment for items we do not wish to trade for, your guns will be shipped to us within the week, please take this time to study our wears. Please prepare your tribes for full withdrawl.

@Nerd-O-Rama: The envoy clasps his hands, grinning wide

"We do in fact have something that very well might work. While they are not employed on the land for us, it is for the exact reason you desire. They are called Twilight Shields. They function in ways the tech of the mainland can not comprehend. We shall exchange 10 units and three crews to fix them should they break down. What will you offer in exchange.

alexeduardo
2008-07-31, 08:55 PM
DFYRITUGOA!

um, the king is displeased

but he understands you need time to learn to trust us.

he has sent runners to every squad

is there a, um, a...rondevoo were we will meet? or will we meet back here?

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 09:02 PM
The merchants snicker.

"You move with us, we move to other cities, to other profits!" You of course will be armed with the large number of rifles we hold with us now

*The merchant indicates several large crates"

"We would hardly not supply our esteemed consumers."

Nerd-o-rama
2008-07-31, 09:05 PM
"Hmm...well, a big deal like this'd probably be at a national level, but we've got a few neat tricks. You all have guns that can throw lightning over there?"

alexeduardo
2008-07-31, 09:07 PM
The merchants snicker.

"You move with us, we move to other cities, to other profits!" You of course will be armed with the large number of rifles we hold with us now

*The merchant indicates several large crates"

"We would hardly not supply our esteemed consumers."

were would we go first?, we are at war with the humans, so north is not a feasible option

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 09:07 PM
"Hmm...well, a big deal like this'd probably be at a national level, but we've got a few neat tricks. You all have guns that can throw lightning over there?"

The merchant perks a brow

"Guns that can fire lightning? No, we do not have such...devices. We shall trade 5 of the generators for a reasonable number. The other 5 once we have spoken with your leaders."

@Alex: We march where we please. Nations do not hold us out of their boarders. If they have cause to be upset, we simply will explain the situation. Once we have regrouped with the other forces, we shall split up once more and go into the nations in the proximity.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-07-31, 09:09 PM
"Hey, you guys started it. By the way, if they sign on with Seniholm, we're probably still going to engage in reprisals against their homeland. Is that cool, Mr. Seniholm rep?"

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 09:09 PM
"Do as you wish, we have no concern's over the going ons with the nations of the mainland. So long as you do not kill every last one of them, we are more then alright."

alexeduardo
2008-07-31, 09:11 PM
@Alex: We march where we please. Nations do not hold us out of their boarders. If they have cause to be upset, we simply will explain the situation. Once we have regrouped with the other forces, we shall split up once more and go into the nations in the proximity.

the king believes this to be a safe trade, though the process of uniting and convincing all the clans will take us long. maybe until orangeleaf time, were shall we meet then?

oh, and he also wants to know if you can provide with 4500 rifles?

Innis Cabal
2008-07-31, 09:15 PM
"You may take all the rifles we posses here in the cave. You must be aware that you will be reciving damages from the nation you were just at war with as is fair trade in any conflict. But the appointed time is alright, we shall meet here then."

alexeduardo
2008-07-31, 09:16 PM
"You may take all the rifles we posses here in the cave. You must be aware that you will be reciving damages from the nation you were just at war with as is fair trade in any conflict. But the appointed time is alright, we shall meet here then."

the king is pleased, now please go, and don't let anyone see you

BRC
2008-07-31, 11:11 PM
Belluaper, Romano Imperiat
A fleet of Airships arrive in the city bearing the Steelflame Industries Insignia. All but one Cloudcarg are obviously millitary, they all stay back. the Cloudcarg approaches the city under a diplomatic flag and a well-dressed Wererat steps out and approaches the city with a small security detail. At the walls he introduces himself to the Guards as Giles DuBerry, Ambassador from Steelfire Industries, and very politelly asks who he should speak to about opening an embassy in the city and, on an unrelated note, who he should talk to about answering the Call-To-Arms against air pirates.
Seaspray, Whatever the Lizardfolk Kingdom is called.
A Small Flotilla of rather large ships approaches the Lizardfolk city of Seaspray. It consists of two Sharktooth Class Destroyers and two Leatherback Class cargo ships. The Destroyers stay back but the Cargo ships dock, one of them opens it's big doors revealing what appears to be a cargo hold converted into a massive store. A small airship flies overhead and drops fliers all over the city, they read
"Steelfire Industries is Here! Come to our Floating Showroom at the Docks to
purchase a wide variety of goods. Consumer goods you know and need, plus Technological Marvels from the Island of Llya."

At the same time a Well-dressed Kobold disembarks from the second ship, and is escorted by a security detail to the nearest seat of government where he asks, very politely, to speak to whomever is in charge, on account that he has a wide variety of goods aboard his ship that may interest a government.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-01, 11:31 AM
The Wererat is informed that he can seek an audiance with the Romanis, and that he will be informed when the Romanis is free to see him. An hour or so later, the Wererat is led to a large throne room, where a massive, graying brown furred Werebear, a scarred veteran, and in every sense of the word, a bear of a man, sits on a huge Imperial Throne.

BRC
2008-08-01, 11:40 AM
The Wererat is informed that he can seek an audiance with the Romanis, and that he will be informed when the Romanis is free to see him. An hour or so later, the Wererat is led to a large throne room, where a massive, graying brown furred Werebear, a scarred veteran, and in every sense of the word, a bear of a man, sits on a huge Imperial Throne.
The Wererat enters the throne room accompanied by a single Hobgoblin security trooper (Who surrenders his weapons of course). Close examination would reveal what appears to be a three-linked chain sewn into his uniform collar, a set of wings is sewn into the other side.

The Wererat Bows "Greetings Romanis, and thank you for granting me an audience. I am Giles DuBerry, the Board of Directors has assigned me the post of Ambassador to your great nation from Steelflame Industries. I came here hoping to establish a permanent embassy in this great city in order to facilitate trade between our two nations. On another note" Ambassador DuBerry gestures to the Hobgoblin "This is Air-Marshal Rocklid, here to aid you in securing your borders against air pirates. He is in command of the strike force currently hovering a ways outside the city."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-01, 11:51 AM
The Romanis looks over the Wererat, and thinks for a moment, before opening up in a deep, booming, basso voice, a voice clearly used to giving commands and handing out edicts.

"An embassy would be an excellent idea. I believe we would both benefit greatly from such, and the trade it would bring, both for you and for us." He turns to the Hobgoblin "As for the Call-to-Arms, the large floating city from which many of the pirates have been spotted coming from has been seen heading more to the north. This no doubt is a response to the failure of their recent raids, after additional troops were mobilized, and militias raised, they found our farmlands and villages not so easy a target. However this poses a problem, for now they are headed to the Imperiats new ally, the Schwerzen. Also, a number of reports of Air-pirates gathering around a city to the east have been filtering in. What this means is a mystery to me. Now, we have only a few airships over our entire Empire, and they are smaller, older models, most captured years ago from less organized bands of air pirates, but we will send them with you, they will be crewed with Avian weres for the most part"

([OOC] I hope I don't seem to know too much OOC knowledge.)

BRC
2008-08-01, 11:58 AM
((You start, BRC))
((Who does Zlick-Zlick meet with? The Lord general or the High Council or the Secretary of Well-Dressed Kobolds. who?))

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 12:12 PM
For Ascenion

The Merchant hails the airship, requesting a docking method so they may board, and show off their wares.

Manthus
2008-08-01, 12:15 PM
((Who does Zlick-Zlick meet with? The Lord general or the High Council or the Secretary of Well-Dressed Kobolds. who?))

You meet in front of the high council. They question you there.

BRC
2008-08-01, 12:28 PM
You meet in front of the high council. They question you there.
@ Manthus
The Kobold grins. "Hello, my name is Zlick-Zlick, and I work for Steelfire Industries. I have come here in the hopes of opening up trade with your nation. As we speak your citizens are perusing some consumer-based goods in our floating showroom. However, I brought a second ship, filled with goods that hold much more intrest to a government than to a commoner. I have technologies both civillian and millitary, as well as a small sampling of raw and refined materials. In addition, you could hire expert advisers from us. If you want it, I either have it, or could probably get it for you. All I need to know is what you want, and what you are willing to offer for it."

@ LA

Giles Nods. "Thank you, I shall go and acquire a suitable embassy site immediately. "
Air Marshal Rockridge raises a hand. "Escuse me your majesty, one more point. My airships require a support base, I brought the materials necessary for such a base with me. Do you have a suitable location where we can establish our airbase?"

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-01, 12:39 PM
The Romanis considers this a moment. "How large will this base be? I can recommend a few locations, choose whichever one seems most fitting" The Romanis gestures and a moment later, a pair of servents of come in with a table, with a map on it. The Romanis stands, towering over the two Steelflame employees. He points a claw at a few points, most of them in the North Eastern region of the Romano territory, all were located near fortresses or castles of the Imperiat, he marked down the locations and handed the map to the air-marshal. "Just make sure to bring security. You'll be close to the border of the Lizardfolk. They don't seem to interested in bothering us, but you can never be to careful"

Manthus
2008-08-01, 12:40 PM
The Kobold grins. "Hello, my name is Zlick-Zlick, and I work for Steelfire Industries. I have come here in the hopes of opening up trade with your nation. As we speak your citizens are perusing some consumer-based goods in our floating showroom. However, I brought a second ship, filled with goods that hold much more intrest to a government than to a commoner. I have technologies both civillian and millitary, as well as a small sampling of raw and refined materials. In addition, you could hire expert advisers from us. If you want it, I either have it, or could probably get it for you. All I need to know is what you want, and what you are willing to offer for it."

"We have never heard of...Steelfire Industries before now. I am Councillor Ottomattika, Baron of Sahuagin, and Head Inventor. The Imperiat has technology we can only dream of, and considers us unfit and primitive to use it. We refuse to talk to them because of this." He pauses. "We will see what you have to offer." His gills quiver on his neck in nervousness. The other councillors nod. Lord General Victant raises his head, "Show us."

BRC
2008-08-01, 12:59 PM
Zlick Zlick Smiles.

"Of Course, I'll start with a small demonstration. "
He pulls out a whistle and blows into it, outside the door another whistle is heard. Then, a noise can be heard outside. Before long a human in a flight suit enters the chamber, holding a box.
The Kobold begins speaking "This is Paul, he was piloting a Zx-23 "Sparrow" personal airship, it is currently parked outside. The Sparrow is fast and maneuverable, perfect for scouting, delivering messages, and the like. I have twenty of them onboard my ship. This is merely the smallest airship model Steelfire Industries can offer you. It has room for a pilot, a navigator, and some cargo."
At this last word Zlick-Zlick opens the box and pulls out an easel and a roll of paper, he puts the paper on the easel and unrolls it, revealing sketches of a rifle.
"This is a picture of the Spiker-II Rifle. It fires these" Zlick holds up an inchlong metal spike "At high velocity. It's tough, durable, and packs a punch. The Weapon of Choice for Steelfire Industries security forces for five years*, it's an ideal way to arm a millitary. Paul has one in his blimp, we didn't bring it in here for obvious reasons, but I would be happy to give a demonstration later. And I have two hundred of them onboard my ship, with the ability to get more from the homeland."
The Kobold pauses to see how the council responds.

* Steelfire Industries security forces currently use Spiker-III's, Klick-Klick didn't say they were CURRENTLY using them, just that they were used for five years. So he's not a liar, just a salesman.

@ LA

The Air Marshal nods. "Don't worry, we've brought a security compliment of infantry, two Arachs, and a pair of Steelhounds. The Lizardfolk won't give us any trouble, That site looks good" The Marshal picks the site closest to the Schwerzen border. "If the Pirates are hitting Swearsden* we'll want to be nearby." With that he salutes and turns to leave.
* That is how he pronounced it. He's a millitary man, not a diplomat.

Manthus
2008-08-01, 01:39 PM
Zlick Zlick Smiles.

"Of Course, I'll start with a small demonstration. "
He pulls out a whistle and blows into it, outside the door another whistle is heard. Then, a noise can be heard outside. Before long a human in a flight suit enters the chamber, holding a box.
The Kobold begins speaking "This is Paul, he was piloting a Zx-23 "Sparrow" personal airship. The Sparrow is fast and maneuverable, perfect for scouting, delivering messages, and the like. I have twenty of them onboard my ship. This is merely the smallest airship model Steelfire Industries can offer you. It has room for a pilot, a navigator, and some cargo."
At this last word Zlick-Zlick opens the box and pulls out an easel and a roll of paper, he puts the paper on the easel and unrolls it, revealing sketches of a rifle.
"This is a picture of the Spiker-II Rifle. It fires these" Zlick holds up an inche long metal spike "At high velocity. It's tough, durable, and packs a punch. The Weapon of Choice for Steelfire Industries security forces for five years*, it's an ideal way to arm a millitary. Paul has one in his blimp, we didn't bring it in here for obvious reasons, but I would be happy to give a demonstration later. And I have two hundred of them onboard my ship, with the ability to get more from the homeland."
The Kobold pauses to see how the council responds.

* Steelfire Industries security forces currently use Spiker-III's, Klick-Klick didn't say they were CURRENTLY using them, just that they were used for five years. So he's not a liar, just a salesman.

Ottomatikka motions for you to wait. He comes back several minutes later followed by several frail Sahuagins. "This is the Inventors Board. They have toiled for days on end, barely resting. Ever since the floating city flew over they have worked on this." He holds up blueprints for a crude airship," We will pay any amount you want if you can teach us how to make them. They would like to see the airship's engine room. They promise that they wont break or steal anything." Victant jumps in, "Me and my generals are willing to buy enough spikers to outfit our Red Guardsmen, as well as our Deadbolts. Thats 6,000 troops in total. We can sell you our splinter rifle technology if you would like. We'll call it a trade and throw in whatever seems reasonable. Our weapons are made to pierce armour and make them bleed. The generals will go, but I will stay here. The inventors will see the airships." He pauses, "Ever since our nation was broken, we have strode forwards to the future. We thank you again, and we agree to continue trade with you." The split into two groups and go to the two seperate ships.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-01, 01:43 PM
Augustus III nods, his scarred shaggy head bobbing for a moment.

"Thats as good a spot as any, if you want I can send some workers to help you build, we have some spare workforce that needs something to do, and I can't really afford to put any more of the workforce into the military. As for the Lizardfolk, they've never really had much to do with us, but there are stirrings in the east, and Rominar knows what they might be planning"

BRC
2008-08-01, 01:51 PM
Zlick nods.
"of course, Paul, show these gentle lizards the sparrow. I'll arrange to have some Airship Engineers sent from the homeland, along with another Five thousand eight hundred Spiker guns. I'll give you the two hundred I brought with me to you now while you arrange your payment. My Appraisers will examine your technologies and goods, then assign a value to them."

Paul takes the board of inventors to the "Sparrow", it's a small airship, so it dosn't really have an engine room so much as it has an engine on the back, but the pilot dutifully shows it to the Sahuagins.
"Here it is, once the engineers get here from the homeland they'll be able to tell you how it works, how to build em, and how to make em bigger. Chances are, you'll get to poke around inside a Cloudcarg."

@ LA

The Air marshal stops and turns."We brought some engineers and a few excavators, but some more helping hands will make things go alot quicker. Yeah, if you could send the laborers over that would be great. Thank you."

He then salutes again and heads back to the airships, one of the CloudCarg's (The smaller one) stays and begins unloading the necessary equipment for the Embassy. Ambassador Duberry buys a suitable location and before long work has begun. The Other ships go to the assigned point an unload. They tie up some tall stakes for Airships to moor at, they clear ground for a landing field, set up defensive positions, ect. The Arachs and the Steelhounds move to cover the perimeter, while the Excavators stay and do their work preparing the camp.

Manthus
2008-08-01, 02:31 PM
Zlick nods.
"of course, Paul, show these gentle lizards the sparrow. I'll arrange to have some Airship Engineers sent from the homeland, along with another Five thousand eight hundred Spiker guns. I'll give you the two hundred I brought with me to you now while you arrange your payment. My Appraisers will examine your technologies and goods, then assign a value to them."

Paul takes the board of inventors to the "Sparrow", it's a small airship, so it dosn't really have an engine room so much as it has an engine on the back, but the pilot dutifully shows it to the Sahuagins.
"Here it is, once the engineers get here from the homeland they'll be able to tell you how it works, how to build em, and how to make em bigger. Chances are, you'll get to poke around inside a Cloudcarg."

"The majority of of our councillors see this as a good deal. We accept this offer. We are aware that those mangy curs to our west see us as barbaric, and uncivilized. We see them as rigid and uncaring. We do not want war, but with this technology, we will be ready when they attack. If it is possible, we would like a map of the places you know, so we may understand our surroundings. We will send members of our Ambassadors Guild back to Steelflame with you to send trade information between our nations. We hope this will be a productive agreement. You are free to stay here as long as you like." Victant waves, "Good day." and walks to the council chamber to discuss another matter.

Ascension
2008-08-01, 08:22 PM
For Ascenion

The Merchant hails the airship, requesting a docking method so they may board, and show off their wares.

Hovering low above the ship, the Terra Incognita drops down several rope ladders. They also drop lifeboats into the water on both sides of the merchant ship. If the pirates purchase anything that is ready for immediate delivery, it can be loaded into the boats and retrieved via a system of pulleys.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 08:27 PM
The Merchants bow to the sky pirates, extending a hand, showing they are not armed.

Esteemed Captians! Welcome welcome! We have a deal we would like to discuss with you, i bleieve it will be mutually benifical, for both you, and the home island of Llyn. We are aware of your policy on with Steelflame, and while we can not speak for them, we would very much like to work around this, perhaps even...change your mind on raids against the island?

We offer up some of our newest technological weapondry. From the Were-nation, we have steam powered armor's, while not useful in the air....ground raids would benifit most significanly from such armors no? And from the air, we have developed long range concussion cannos, specificaly for trade with you. No other nation has such improvements on this technology, save of course for the Steelflame.

What we would like to propose, is a single of your air ships, and a standing treaty of nonagression with the island of Llyn. If you accept, we shall make certain Steelflame hostilities are reduced against you, and we shall create a weapon's system for your castle the likes of which no other nation in this world has seen the likes of!"

Ascension
2008-08-01, 09:44 PM
Captain Mission smiles, his grin revealing the absence of several of his teeth. Gold shines in their place.

"I believe I have the support of Libertatia when I say that we agree with your terms. I cannot promise that you won't be troubled by any air pirates, but none who call themselves Libertatians will violate your island's airspace. I will call for one of my personal airships, the LAS Belladonna, to be transferred to your ownership. In exchange you agree to outfit this, the pride of my fleet, the Terra Incognita, with these exotic technologies you mentioned. Well bargained! You give me the technologies to bring chaos to the world, yet bar that chaos from your shores. As anarchy spreads, you profit off of the conflict it generates. Meanwhile, just in case we go back on our words, you reverse-engineer our own airships, improving them in the process, I'm sure, and by the time we arrive we'll be met with a mirror fleet... like us but better, faster, stronger. Brilliant bargaining, I say!"

He reaches out a hand.

"I like you, boy. I accept your deal. How soon can you deliver?"

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 09:48 PM
Captain Mission smiles, his grin revealing the absence of several of his teeth. Gold shines in their place.

"I believe I have the support of Libertatia when I say that we agree with your terms. I cannot promise that you won't be troubled by any air pirates, but none who call themselves Libertatians will violate your island's airspace. I will call for one of my personal airships, the LAS Belladonna, to be transferred to your ownership. In exchange you agree to outfit this, the pride of my fleet, the Terra Incognita, with these exotic technologies you mentioned. Well bargained! You give me the technologies to bring chaos to the world, yet bar that chaos from your shores. As anarchy spreads, you profit off of the conflict it generates. Meanwhile, just in case we go back on our words, you reverse-engineer our own airships, improving them in the process, I'm sure, and by the time we arrive we'll be met with a mirror fleet... like us but better, faster, stronger. Brilliant bargaining, I say!"

He reaches out a hand.

"I like you, boy. I accept your deal. How soon can you deliver?"

The Captain is afforded the most rare and honorable chance to gaze on the full face of a member of the Vanhoom as he laughs

"We can deliver immediatly! Your praise is returned to you ten fold my sky brother! Please, allow us to throw a feast to commemorate such a bountiful union! Your ship shall be the terror of the skies! Only the Fleet of Seniholmn shall dwarf it in its greatness, an honor no mainland empire can brag! You shall be able to spread your anarchy to them as you see fit! At any time! At any place!"

And so food from afar was brought above ground, and offered to the sky pirates in honor of their deal.

Ascension
2008-08-01, 09:55 PM
Mission happily feasts with his benefactors. The deal is sealed.

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 09:58 PM
The Vanhoom envoies request a meeting with the board of directors of the Steelflame Industries, offering up a virtual mile of goods for simple entry.

BRC
2008-08-01, 09:59 PM
As the Vanhoom Arrive at Clearwater bay, they are immedietally shown to Corprate Headquarters, and the audience chamber of the Board of Directors, where an appropriate number of very comfortable chairs are placed for the Vanhoom. The Board sit behind high desks. President Arthur Zigoli sips from his coffee mug before speaking.
"Greetings Vanhoom, and welcome to Corprate Headquarters. What brings you here today?"

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 10:09 PM
The Vanhoom sit, save one. He is dressed far nicer then the others, his mask a solid gold, compared to the common iron seen in the crowd. His voice though muffled is loud, cutting through the air like a gun shot

"Greetings, great and mighty leaders of the Steelflame Industies. It pleases us to meet you in person, rather then through envoys. We would not do so without reason, as you know. And this reason is grand, sweeping, and benifical for us all of the island of Llyn. We have currently worked out an agreement with the sky pirates that harass this island, to cease all war time attacks, while directing them to the mainland. Also, on the mainland, more war is brewing. We have decerned that it will not remain there. We ask your co-operation for sea based defense platforms, along the entirety of Llyn. We would also ask that our nonagression treaty be reworked, into one of mutual defense and war. We understand you do not trust us, and long have our nations glared at one another over the barrel of a gun, but we the Vanhoom, nay the entire nation of Seniholmn would like this to cease! To end such fearful practices, and forge a united Llyn!"

BRC
2008-08-01, 10:23 PM
There is much muttering amongst the Board. President Zigoli Bangs his gavel for order.
"The Board must deliberate, we will return shortly, in the meantime please enjoy some refreshment."
Servants enter the chamber with food and drinks while the board returns to the much more private confrence room. After about half an hour, they return and Zigoli speaks.
"The Board has agreed to accept your proposals, Security Chief Zigrati will coordinate with your millitary in the construction of the defensive platforms. As for the air pirates, we will cease our attacks, though we retain the right to operate under mercenary contract to foreign powers, and of course to defend our shipments. As for the treaty of mutual defense and war, the Board has agreed to that."
A human woman in millitary uniform with seven chain links sown into her collar and a heft collection of medals stands up.
"Escuse me honored Vanhoom, but I would like to begin work on planning the defense platforms and preparing force integration doctrines as soon as possible. To do so, I will need to speak to your chief millitary commander."

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 10:26 PM
The Vanhoom remain where they are, quite laughter rippling through them.

"We speak for all of the Vanhoom, *the Vanhoom indicates the lower face mask* Please, speak as you will, all will be convied and related back to you."

BRC
2008-08-01, 10:34 PM
The Security Cheif shrugs.
"Very well, I'll need a list of your forces and what resources you are prepared to commit to this Defense platform project, then one of you should head down to Crater Canyon to talk with our millitary engineers about incorporating our two technologies. Fighting together is different than just fighting on the same side. We'll need to figure out the best way to use our forces if the island does come under attack."

The President nods. "Well said Anna, we'll need to make that happen. But for now, let me propose a toast to the newly formed Llyian Alliance, may it last for a long and prosperous age."

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 10:39 PM
The Vanhoom join the toast, somehow managing to drink past their face masks, much to the humor of the rest of the assembled.

"Our current numbers include one sky ship, 6 moblie farshots, 30 non-mobile farshots, 20 garrisons of rangedmen, and clockworks that can be convereted to war should the need arise. We also have a large hive of what we title the clockwork horrors underneath the island. We shall send a full complement to your Crater Canyon, and shall improve the rail-tech for faster movement. We shall have a detailed list of all we are working on within a month."

BRC
2008-08-01, 10:44 PM
The security chief nods.
"Right, I'll get my people working with those numbers immediately. Send that list to Crater Canyon with your envoys, chief engineer briggs will understand it better than I will."

Innis Cabal
2008-08-01, 10:48 PM
The Vanhoom raise off their chairs, bowing deeply to the council

"We shall travel there in a months time. May we prosper forever."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-02, 02:27 PM
In the search for mercenaries, it has come to the attention of the Imperiat that there is a group of soldiers residing in a castle in the mid-region of the continent. Emissaries are sent to the castle to attempt to hire these soldiers. A small line of soldiers, and one diplomat carrying the white flag, approach the city.

alexeduardo
2008-08-02, 02:30 PM
In the search for mercenaries, it has come to the attention of the Imperiat that there is a group of soldiers residing in a castle in the mid-region of the continent. Emissaries are sent to the castle to attempt to hire these soldiers. A small line of soldiers, and one diplomat carrying the white flag, approach the city.

Who approaches the gates of Manzano Castle?
we are in the middle of the knight night, what do you interrupt us for?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-02, 02:31 PM
The diplomat, a well-dressed Werewolf with a fine silver coat, calls up to the guard. We heard that you work as mercenaries from time to time, we have come to offer you a job with good pay.

alexeduardo
2008-08-02, 02:40 PM
The gates open and a troll with red warpaint greets them

Come, we are in the middle of choosing our new champion

the soldier shows them the way to a small tower, from were they can see the whole castle.
From there, they can notice 10 armed troll warriors fighting and ambushinbg each other all over town as evryone else watches atop similar towers

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-02, 02:43 PM
The Diplomat nods. All Imperiat citizens are trained in the art of war for a time, so that they can serve in miltias if need be, and this Were is trained to understand differing cultures. So your best fighters compete to see who is the best?

alexeduardo
2008-08-02, 02:45 PM
yes, and the last one that remains standing will be knighted.

He says this as one of the soldier sets off a hidden gunpowder bomb

clever...

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-02, 02:47 PM
The Werewolf nods Indeed he turns to the troll So, I assume we shall be discussing the issue of hiring afterward, correct?

alexeduardo
2008-08-02, 02:49 PM
Nah, the king is right here.
We can discuss the deal here.

he turns and takes a bow

His majesty the holy Czar of the mountains.

at your service

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-02, 02:53 PM
The were smiles a wolfish grin, and bows in turn. Frederick Jalias II at your service. Now, to the issue at hand. The nation whom I speak for, the Romano Imperiat, is currently in the process of laying claim to a large area previously known as the Schwerzen Empire. We hope to conquer this land before anyone else can get a foothold strong enough to dislodge us, and for that we need soldiers. We would like you to be some of those soldiers. We're willing to pay well, and some land will be ceded to you, either independently, or you can settle in the name of the Imperiat, whichever you like.

alexeduardo
2008-08-02, 03:01 PM
Yes, that is quite an offer, considering that it was the Schwerzen humans who originally destroyed our homeland.

Will you be willing to cede the northern mountains and to give us some of you mechanical horses and bears?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-02, 03:07 PM
The Werewolf pauses to consider this, though much of his mind is still made up, but he doesn't let it show. We will give you much of the mountains, provided we are allowed access to a number of mines located along it. Also, we will give you some of our mechanical horses on loan, in exchange for your services. Despite the name they will be yours to keep, though please ask us before trying to find out what makes them tick, if for no other reason that they can be dangerous to take apart. As for the mechanical bears, What do you mean by that?

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 12:01 AM
The Werewolf pauses to consider this, though much of his mind is still made up, but he doesn't let it show. We will give you much of the mountains, provided we are allowed access to a number of mines located along it. Also, we will give you some of our mechanical horses on loan, in exchange for your services. Despite the name they will be yours to keep, though please ask us before trying to find out what makes them tick, if for no other reason that they can be dangerous to take apart. As for the mechanical bears, What do you mean by that?

Well, the locals tell stories of mighty warriors made out of steel and iron, we were wondering if you could provide theri services

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 12:04 AM
The Werewolf thought a bit more You speak of the Ferrumilitis, most likely the Ferrumvir soldiers. If you fight with us, they will be at your side. We would be loath to part with such valuable machines, but you could call on us to aid you in your endeavors, and we would bring them with us.

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 12:14 AM
The Werewolf thought a bit more You speak of the Ferrumilitis, most likely the Ferrumvir soldiers. If you fight with us, they will be at your side. We would be loath to part with such valuable machines, but you could call on us to aid you in your endeavors, and we would bring them with us.

The Czar turns to the wolfman, completely serious

is this a honorable endeavour?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 12:16 AM
The Silver haired turned to him quizzically. The Conquest? Well, yes. Recently the Schwerzen empire fell into chaos, many factions vie for control, and there is much suffering. We shall establish order and law once again, all those conquered will be treated fairly, the same as anyone else in the Imperiat, they will be treated well, like citizens, and they will prosper.

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 12:17 AM
Will we be remain sovereign after the invasion is over?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 12:21 AM
Will we be remain sovereign after the invasion is over?

If you wish then yes. We honor our deals, and you will remain your nation if you so wish.

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 12:22 AM
If you wish then yes. We honor our deals, and you will remain your nation if you so wish.

Do you swear it upon your life?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 12:28 AM
The Werewolf, though tiring of this, answers honestly. Yes, upon my life and my faith in Rominar that it is so.

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 12:31 AM
The Werewolf, though tiring of this, answers honestly. Yes, upon my life and my faith in Rominar that it is so.

the king then makes a hand signal and a troll comes out of nowhere and throws one of the assistants to the streets.

let's see then

A young kinght wannabe runs towards him, a shield on one hand and a tomahawk on the other

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 12:32 AM
(OOC: You mean one of the dudes who came with the ambassador?)

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 12:34 AM
(OOC: You mean one of the dudes who came with the ambassador?)

((YEAH, SHOW YOUR WORTH))

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 12:45 AM
The soldier, a powerfully built, black-furred werewolf, snarled and ripped his sword out of its scabbard. He'd dropped into a low crouch, and when the troll was near enough he swept the sword out, blocking the trolls sword. His claws came around and ripped into the trolls head, and his powerful jaws latched onto his throat, and clamped down as he pulled his head back with a jerk.

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 12:48 AM
good.

I do hope you guys regenarate,
we don't trust fragiles

he says this as he shoots the one on the streets with a handgun

oh, and yes, we got some of these froma bandit castle.

let's just say we thought they'd be of more use here

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 12:49 AM
(wait, do you shoot my soldier or your guy?)

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 12:54 AM
(wait, do you shoot my soldier or your guy?)

((your soldier.
we dont trust those who cannot recover))

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 12:56 AM
((your soldier.
we dont trust those who cannot recover))

(You trusted Seniholm readily enough without killing them first)

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 12:57 AM
(You trusted Seniholm readily enough without killing them first)

you want a deal or not? my people were tricked once, we're not being used so evily again

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 12:59 AM
you want a deal or not? my people were tricked once, we're not being used so evily again

Tricked? Evily? What did Seniholm do, use your people to slaughter eachother? And anyway, that wasn't IC.

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 01:01 AM
Tricked? Evily? What did Seniholm do, use your people to slaughter eachother? And anyway, that wasn't IC.

well, dodge the shot if you dont want to take one for the manzanos then!

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 01:04 AM
As the Manzanos king goes to shoot the gun, the ambassadors hand reaches out and grabs the pistol. He flexes his claws and the gun shatters in his hand. Your kind are more fragile than you might think. Will you fight for us or not. I have given you my word, sworn on my life, and yet you demand that we be as your people? If you don't want to help us, say so, so I can stop wasting my time here, and find someone reasonable to negotiate with. Maybe my word doesn't mean anything to you, but it does to me.

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 01:06 AM
As the Manzanos king goes to shoot the gun, the ambassadors hand reaches out and grabs the pistol. He flexes his claws and the gun shatters in his hand. Your kind are more fragile than you might think. Will you fight for us or not. I have given you my word, sworn on my life, and yet you demand that we be as your people? If you don't want to help us, say so, so I can stop wasting my time here, and find someone reasonable to negotiate with. Maybe my word doesn't mean anything to you, but it does to me.

I shall discuss it with the elders. I might be king, but they will always come before to my people.

now, will you be staying for the knighting ceremony?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 01:09 AM
The Werewolf nods. If we may be so blessed. and on that note he smiles in an altogether friendly manner.

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 01:16 AM
The Werewolf nods. If we may be so blessed. and on that note he smiles in an altogether friendly manner.

Come then

the king guides them through a suspendd bridge that connects all towers.
After a while, they reach an old amphitheatre, were a young troll is being whiped in the back and in the face by four chanting old trolls as tambors slowly roar

Yes, I remember this day very well...

then both arms are cut off and in their place the elder manzanos place a long warknife ans a tomahawk

his arms shall regrow as weapons now...

he then recieves a new warpaint and turns to face the people.

wild cheers ensue and then a violin starts playing.
the king takes off his shirt

now, will you gentlemen partake in the dancing ritual?

he puts his shoes on

it's good excersise

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 01:20 AM
Some of the Weres join in, but others hang back.

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 01:22 AM
the manzano dance is a mix of riverdance and generic circle-dancing

it goes on for about five hours until the violinist falls down, exhausted
now, would you like me to accompany you to your castle?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 01:24 AM
The Ambassador inclines his head respectfully. If you wish

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 01:25 AM
The Ambassador inclines his head respectfully. If you wish

the king makes a signal and four Mountain knights approach him.

Were is your castle?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 01:26 AM
You mean our capitol? We have a fortress to the south, but we would have to travel farther to get to the capitol.

alexeduardo
2008-08-03, 01:27 AM
You mean our capitol? We have a fortress to the south, but we would have to travel farther to get to the capitol.

oh, various castles, big country.

were would you like to go?

((could we continue this tomorrow? I'm literally falling asleep on my keyboard right now))

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-03, 01:30 AM
oh, various castles, big country.

were would you like to go?

((could we continue this tomorrow? I'm literally falling asleep on my keyboard right now))

(I too am very tired, we shall indeed pick this up tomorrow)

If you wish to meet the Romanis, our Emperor, we must head for the Capitol.