Graveyard:

Douglas
2008-07-30, 11:55 PM
Draw, play an Island, end turn.

Life: 20
Hand: 7
In play: Island
Graveyard:

You still haven't answered, Extended or Legacy?

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 12:09 AM
Draw. Play a Forest. Tap land for 2 mana. Play Gemhide Sliver. End turn.

Hand:
Unknown x

In play:
Gemhide Sliver
(tap) Forest x2

Graveyard:

Douglas
2008-07-31, 12:17 AM
Since you haven't answered, I'll say it's the Legacy version.

Hand: 7
In play: Island x2
Graveyard:

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 12:21 AM
Draw. Play a Forest. Tap land and Gemhide for 3 mana. Play Homing Sliver. End turn.

Hand:
Unknown x4

In play:
(tap) Gemhide Sliver
(tap) Forest x2
Forest

Graveyard:

Erm, use whichever is more recent.

Douglas
2008-07-31, 12:25 AM
That would be Extended. Ok, then. In that case:

Counter Homing Sliver with Mana Leak (http://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=45242)

Hand: 6
In play: Island x3
Graveyard: Mana Leak

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 12:30 AM
Draw. Play a Swamp. Tap land and Gemhide for 4 mana. Play Basal. Play Screeching Sliver. End turn.

Hand:
Unknown x2

In play:
Screeching Sliver
Basal Sliver
(tap) Gemhide Sliver
(tap) Forest x2
Forest
(tap) Swamp

Graveyard:

Douglas
2008-07-31, 12:37 AM
Counter Basal Sliver with Mana Leak (http://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=45242)

Draw, play an Island, tap all 4 and play Fledgling Mawcor (http://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=110532), end turn.

Hand: 5
In play: Island x4
Fledgling Mawcor

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 12:45 AM
Draw. Tap Screeching Sliver for red and 2 forests. Play Homing Sliver. Tap Gemhide Sliver, Forest, and Swamp. Play Basal Sliver. End turn.

Hand:
Unknown x1

In play:
Homing Sliver
Basal Sliver
(tap) Screeching Sliver
(tap) Gemhide Sliver
(tap) Forest x3
(tap) Swamp

Graveyard:
Basal Sliver
Homing Sliver

Douglas
2008-07-31, 12:50 AM
Draw, play an Island, tap all 5 and play Pirate Ship (http://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=118).

Tap Fledgling Mawcor to deal 1 damage to Gemhide Sliver, killing it.

Hand: 4
In play: Island x5 (tapped)
Fledgling Mawcor (tapped), Pirate Ship

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 12:59 AM
Draw. Tap 2 Forests and a Swamp. Cycle Gemhide Sliver for Dormant Sliver. Play an Island. Tap Forest and Island. Sacrifice Screeching Sliver for 2 mana. Play Dormant Sliver. Draw a card. End turn.

Hand:
Unknown x1

In play:
Dormant Sliver
Homing Sliver
Basal Sliver
(tap) Forest x3
(tap) Swamp
(tap) Island

Graveyard:
Screeching Sliver
Gemhide Sliver x2
Basal Sliver
Homing Sliver

Douglas
2008-07-31, 01:04 AM
Draw, play an Island.

Tap Fledgling Mawcor and Pirate Ship to deal 2 damage to Basal Sliver, killing it.

Hand: 4
In play: Island x6
Fledgling Mawcor (tapped), Pirate Ship (tapped)

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 01:15 AM
Draw. Tap 2 Forests. Play Gemhide Sliver. Draw. Tap 2 slivers. Play Gemhide Sliver. End turn.

Hand:
Unknown x1

In play:
Gemhide Sliver x2
(tap) Dormant Sliver
(tap) Homing Sliver
(tap) Forest x3
(tap) Swamp
(tap) Island

Graveyard:
Screeching Sliver
Gemhide Sliver x2
Basal Sliver
Homing Sliver

Douglas
2008-07-31, 01:21 AM
Tap 2 Islands to counter Gemhide Sliver with Mana Leak (http://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=45242). How does this alter your turn?

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 01:24 AM
Tap all lands to pay the cost. Draw a card. Tap 2 slivers to play Gemhide Sliver. Edited my post to reflect.

I'm gunna post each step one at a time from now on...

Douglas
2008-07-31, 01:35 AM
Seeing that you paid to ignore Mana Leak, tap another 2 Islands to play Rites of Refusal (http://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=29722), discarding an Island. Without the Gemhide Sliver in play yet, you have no remaining mana sources to prevent the counter.

Draw, tap 3 Islands and play Prodigal Sorcerer (http://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=121).

Tap Fledgling Mawcor and Pirate Ship to deal 2 damage to Dormant Sliver, killing it.

Hand: 1
In play: Island x6 (3 tapped)
Fledgling Mawcor (tapped), Pirate Ship (tapped), Prodigal Sorcerer

Graveyard: Mana Leak, Mana Leak, Rites of Refusal, Island

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 01:52 AM
Draw. Tap 2 Forests. Play Gemhide Sliver.

Hand:
Unknown x2

In play:
Homing Sliver
(tap) Forest x2
Forest
Swamp
Island

Graveyard:
Screeching Sliver
Gemhide Sliver x3
Basal Sliver
Homing Sliver

As stated, posting one part at a time. So act now if you're gunna react to this.

Douglas
2008-07-31, 01:57 AM
Let's see, you started last turn with one card in hand. You drew, played a card, and had it countered so you never got to draw for it coming into play. You should, again, have only 1 card in hand at the start of this turn. So, you can play the Gemhide Sliver and should have only 1 other card, not 2.

I'm not countering this one.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 01:59 AM
Last turn I had 3. I tried to play 1, it got countered. The second I tried to play never got to try, so I ended with 2 that turn. This is why I'm posting one at a time now, heh.

Douglas
2008-07-31, 02:07 AM
Draw. Tap 2 Forests and a Swamp. Cycle Gemhide Sliver for Dormant Sliver. Play an Island. Tap Forest and Island. Sacrifice Screeching Sliver for 2 mana. Play Dormant Sliver. Draw a card. End turn.

Hand:
Unknown x1

In play:
Dormant Sliver
Homing Sliver
Basal Sliver
(tap) Forest x3
(tap) Swamp
(tap) Island

Graveyard:
Screeching Sliver
Gemhide Sliver x2
Basal Sliver
Homing Sliver
This is the end of turn I'm talking about, which I did not interfere with, and I just double checked the whole progression to that point and it is correct. This is followed by a draw, the countered Gemhide Sliver, a draw, and your latest Gemhide that I just said I wouldn't counter. That's two cards going into your hand and two going out, leaving just one.

I suspect you may have forgotten to undo the draw when I countered.

Edit: This is the draw I suspect you didn't undo when I played the second counter.

Tap all lands to pay the cost. Draw a card. Tap 2 slivers to play Gemhide Sliver. Edited my post to reflect.

I'm gunna post each step one at a time from now on...

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:15 AM
I didn't forget anything. I have the correct amount of cards in my hand. I've been keeping track of my side of the table in a program.

Douglas
2008-07-31, 02:22 AM
Well, if your program says you have 2 cards in hand besides the Gemhide Sliver you just played, you messed up somewhere. Card count for you for the game so far:

Start 7, Play 1, End 6
Draw 1, Play 2, End 5
Draw 1, Play 2, End 4
Draw 1, Play 3, End 2
Draw 1, Play 2, End 1
Draw 1, Cycle 1, Play 2, Draw 1, End 1
--Draw 1, Play 1, End 1
Draw 1, Play 1, waiting

The line marked with -- is the turn with so much drawing that was prevented by me countering the first sliver. You should have exactly 1 card still in your hand.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:28 AM
Ok, if we want to backtrack to that, then we need to re-play all of those turns...Or we could just continue as is. I still think I've got everything in order.

I found the issue. I wrote in that I had drawn a card my first turn, when I didn't. When I went back to upkeep, I counted that in drawing a card. So, I drew a card since I thought I had not drawn that turn. Got rid of the offending card, which I will be drawing next turn anyways. Go ahead. (I have one card other than the gemhide I am trying to play)

Douglas
2008-07-31, 02:31 AM
"Re-play" as in starting the game over? That hardly seems necessary. Simply reading your own posts will confirm the list I posted, and discarding one card at random should be a reasonable fix, I think.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:32 AM
Just post your reply already.

And see edit above if you need to know why I had the extra card. (which is now gone)

Douglas
2008-07-31, 02:33 AM
Ok, glad we figured that out. No counter, Gemhide Sliver is in play.

Edit: typo.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 02:46 AM
Tap land and homing sliver to play Dormant Sliver.

Douglas
2008-07-31, 02:49 AM
No counter for that either. Draw your extra card for getting it into play, but I believe you are all tapped out now.

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 03:26 AM
Indeed. End turn.

Douglas
2008-07-31, 03:32 AM
Draw, tap 5 Islands and play Mawcor (http://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=13035).

Tap Fledgling Mawcor, Pirate Ship, and Prodigal Sorcerer to deal 2 damage to Dormant Sliver and 1 to Gemhide Sliver, killing both. End turn.

Hand: 1
In play: Island x6 (5 tapped)
Fledgling Mawcor (tapped), Pirate Ship (tapped), Prodigal Sorcerer (tapped), Mawcor

Graveyard: Mana Leak, Mana Leak, Rites of Refusal, Island

AgentPaper
2008-07-31, 03:58 AM
Fold. Yet another deck that I have nothing that can deal with it. Bleh.