PDA

View Full Version : Mazes & Monsters...

TheCountAlucard
2008-07-31, 01:25 AM
The other day, my sister and I went to the movie gallery, looking to rent some DVDs. It was almost closing time, and we were grabbing movies as fast as we could. By mere chance, I spotted Mazes and Monsters. I'd never seen it before, but I had a general idea of what happened, so we rented it.

I've gotta say, I can't read through Dark Dungeons without laughing because of how bad it is, but Mazes & Monsters wasn't even that good.

FoE
2008-07-31, 01:36 AM
I've gotta say, I can't read through Dark Dungeons without laughing because of how bad it is, but Mazes & Monsters wasn't even that good.

I haven't seen it, but I've heard it's So Bad It's Horrible. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitlew9bltta3dv6n?from=Main.SoBadItsHorrible)

But yeah, Mazes and Monsters is a yukfest. :smallbiggrin:

factotum
2008-07-31, 02:08 AM
The movie is just one long argument that RPGs are BAAAD, from what I recall...you'll note that all the other characters decide to stop playing the game, and it's only the mentally unstable one who keeps going.

TheCountAlucard
2008-07-31, 02:14 AM
Dark Dungeons makes me laugh. Mazes and Monsters made me shake my head sadly.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-07-31, 03:28 AM
It is a bad film, based on poor reserch into a faked death by a guy who was not even playing DnD at the time and all of who's associated knew nothing of the game.

It is the film equivelant of trying to land a rubber band plane on the moon.

From Saturn.

Without breathing apparatus.

Or a rubber band plane.

Devin
2008-07-31, 08:09 AM
I have the book, because my mom let me browse through a bunch of old books that were from a senior home or something. I kinda just skimmed through a bit, but it seemed like only the mentally unstable guy had a problem, and that was only because he was mentally unstable in the first place. The other characters even played the game with him one last time in the end. If anyone has actually read the book and knows differently, I'm sure your contribution to the thread would be appreciated.

EvilElitest
2008-07-31, 10:09 AM
I've heard it is just anti RPG propaganda. But about your sig, eh? What about me
from
EE