PDA

View Full Version : Ratchet vs. Terminater Seargent

Jayngfet
2008-08-01, 12:32 AM
Ratchet from ratchet and clank versus a Terminator seargent Space marine from warhammer 40k.

The battlefield is a thick, hilly forrest, 10 miles wide with a few long grind rails.(ratchet can only use dual vipers on rails). Both start on opposite ends with a full ammo clip. Ratchet has Clank, Merc, and Green. The seargent has two normal Space Marines.

Assume Both have heard of each other.

All of ratchets weapons are top level. His combat bot's have every upgrade and he has the best possible armor and wrench. His Nanotech is the most seen in any game and he has a gasmask(as in deadlocked)

No outside help for either parties.

zeratul
2008-08-01, 01:33 AM
I think I'd have to give this one to rachet as he has all of these upgrades and I'm assuming the R.H.I.N.O. Then again I don't know 40K well.

horngeek
2008-08-01, 10:37 PM
The Terminator Sergeant, especially if the other two Marines also are in Terminator armour.
A guy in a suit has survived being stepped on by a TITAN (For non-40K buffs, a mecha which is several stories tall to over a KILOMETRE tall). Also, he is a space marine. Most weapons just bounce off, and he has a VERY good aim.

Mr. Scaly
2008-08-01, 11:25 PM
Um...certain incarnations of Ratchet's wrench have been described as 'vorpal'. Others describe using antimatter in the construction. The use of half of his weapons have been declared a war crime in the galaxy (slight exaggeration but he's taken down kilometer tall mechs before), and the other half are weird enough to not be countered by conventional means. For example...

The Quack-O-Ray: turns things into ducks. DUCKS. Heavily armoured or not.

The Holo-shield projector: erects a barrier that blocks any projectile, energy beam, or physical enemy (that I've seen) and lasts a fair while.

The turret gun: drops turrets which shoot at anything hostile. Pack a nice punch.

Agents of Doom: like turrets but walk around and self destruct.

Freezing guns: like 'freeze so much it shatters.'

Sniper rifles: duh.

I know that terminator armour is very strong, but it's not the end all be all of defences.

Talkkno
2008-08-02, 12:00 AM
The Terminator Sergeant, especially if the other two Marines also are in Terminator armour.
A guy in a suit has survived being stepped on by a TITAN (For non-40K buffs, a mecha which is several stories tall to over a KILOMETRE tall). Also, he is a space marine. Most weapons just bounce off, and he has a VERY good aim.

Yet it can be penetrated by medevil level weaponary wielded by bog standard humans....:smallamused: Just throwing out something out there to moderate wank.

Jayngfet
2008-08-02, 12:28 AM
Ratchet's got top level R.Y.N.O's of every type. Plus every weapon based on it. This stuff can and has brought down among the greatest fighters and mech's in the known universe. He's can bring down the galaxies greatest warriors it less than two minutes using one of these tools.

Now think about that, I picked these particular marines because ratchet could turn normal marines to swiss cheese with that stuff. He has his combat bots, equipped with the galaxies finest grenades, snipers, and rifles they can respawn infinite times so long as ratchet takes a moment of concentration to notice they went down.

The marine has "very good aim" so does ratchet, we can tell because he comes with an auto target.

Tirian
2008-08-02, 01:54 AM
I'm envisioning the Terminator Sergeant as someone in the same general power class as Shellshock or Chairman Drek in his battle armor, so it doesn't seem fair to suppose that the morph rays (or the black hole generator) would take care of him. The RYNO wouldn't kill in one hit, but it'd take down a noticeable chunk of HP. Then add in Carbonox armor, three different flavors of invulnerability shield, thrown turrets, and this one seems pretty certain. I'm not saying that Ratchet is the most powerful guy in the video game universe, but anyone who can beat him has a name.

Jayngfet
2008-08-02, 02:12 AM
Got anyone in particular to suggest? I'm all for hitting the catboy with something harder. Say ...a named guy plus toe terminator sargents?

Selrahc
2008-08-02, 05:08 AM
Well if we are going for named Terminators we have a choice of Calgar, Abaddon, Typhus or Lysander.

Of those four the most powerful is clearly Abaddon. But I'm not sure how much of a chance I'd give even him. He could certainly kill Ratchet up close, but at long range his gun is just way outclassed. And Ratchet definitely has the mobility advantage over Terminator armour.

The Space Marines best bet would be either dedicated firepower, like a vindicator, obliterator or a devastator squad, or fast and mobile close combat infantry like possesed, raptors or assault marines.

Terminators are up against someone who can hurt them. WHo can dodge(And tank) their return fire. And who they can't bring to bear their powerful close combat weaponry against. This is not the situation Space Marines deploy Terminators into. And certainly not in a group of three!

Jayngfet
2008-08-02, 11:58 AM
Got anyone named with decent long range? And I picked three to make it an even fight combat wise(what can clank do on his own? Glide slowly enough to be a target, smack him with a banana?) Since combat bots are clearly still weaker and possibly less well armed, but they can respawn).

Pie Guy
2008-08-02, 12:19 PM
Can Space marines survive a minture nuclear blast? 20 of them?

Selrahc
2008-08-02, 12:58 PM
Got anyone named with decent long range?

Ummm... Not really. Some of the Phoenix Lords have kickass guns, but they are Eldar. The only named Space Marine with good ranged attacks that aren't psychic is the master of the Ravenwing, Samael. And maybe Commander Dante with his Inferno Pistol... but that is just incredibly close range.

Can Space marines survive a minture nuclear blast? 20 of them?

Heck, maybe. Mini nukes don't exactly have a set power level!

Krrth
2008-08-02, 01:18 PM
Ummm... Not really. Some of the Phoenix Lords have kickass guns, but they are Eldar. The only named Space Marine with good ranged attacks that aren't psychic is the master of the Ravenwing, Samael. And maybe Commander Dante with his Inferno Pistol... but that is just incredibly close range.

Heck, maybe. Mini nukes don't exactly have a set power level!

...logically, if the blast from a hand held weapon doesn't kill the user, the Terminators will most likley survive. I mean, those things were designed to be used inside a reactor.....

Verruckt
2008-08-02, 08:13 PM
Against the original parameters, this one goes to Rachet. His guns make half the crap Orks field seem well thought out and perfectly reasonable. Against a few named characters in the 40k verse, well there is a laundry list of people who could kill him with their minds, but that isn't exactly fair. I'd say any of the Imperial named characters would be smart enough to do what the Imperium does whenever they run into a Xeno Furry with a chapters worth of firepower on his back.

They call up the Temples.

The Officio Assassinorum Temples to be exact. Depending on the assassin used he'd die in any number of ways, but with all certainty die. If a Vindicaire is deployed he'd move into the forest and then explode when he's Exitus rifled by the assassin who's been there for weeks, waiting. Callidus could off him simply by approaching as someone he trusts and then putting a phase blade into his neck (blade ignores armor). Fighting an Eversor in the woods is pretty much like facing Predator in the woods, a profoundly bad idea. The only one he has a chance against is the one they wouldn't deploy, as Calexus are only deployed against psykers.

Tengu_temp
2008-08-02, 10:24 PM
A main character from a video game, possessing a destructive arsenal, versus an unnamed Elite Mook? The terminator has no chance.

WNxHasoroth
2008-08-02, 11:04 PM
Yet it can be penetrated by medevil level weaponary wielded by bog standard humans....:smallamused: Just throwing out something out there to moderate wank.

Written by Ben Counter, doesn't count.

Idiot doesn't even know the numbers of each legion.

As for my answer, I echo the comment about an Elite Mook versus a Video Game Protagonist.

Verruckt
2008-08-02, 11:22 PM
Written by Ben Counter, doesn't count.

Idiot doesn't even know the numbers of each legion.

As for my answer, I echo the comment about an Elite Mook versus a Video Game Protagonist.

Actually that book was extremely good, the only reason the termie was taken down was because an entire army was standing on him, stabbing him. Eventually one weapon would get through the joints, up under the neck, eventually.

WNxHasoroth
2008-08-03, 03:27 AM
Actually that book was extremely good, the only reason the termie was taken down was because an entire army was standing on him, stabbing him. Eventually one weapon would get through the joints, up under the neck, eventually.

:smalleek:

I smell heresy

*Loads Bolter*

Mr. Scaly
2008-08-03, 09:05 AM
:smalleek:

I smell heresy

*Loads Bolter*

It happens. I've heard rumours of level 20 super-mages being killed by a fairly small pack of goblins.

WNxHasoroth
2008-08-04, 11:31 AM
The problem being of course is that Tactical Dreadnought Armor, is a refined version of deep space mining exo-armor/plasma reactor maintenance. It's supposed to stand plasma reactors. Now add in the Crux Terminatus, a shard of the Emperor's own armor, which generates an Invulnerable Save, and add in that all armor for the Grey Knights is made of the highest quality materials and consecrated by the most pious of priests, I have trouble imagining a Terminator being downed.

If you read any Counter book, you'll find errors a plenty, repetitive phrases, bad writing, and "paper-power armor"-itis.

Jayngfet
2008-08-04, 02:45 PM
Of course ratchet has a black hole generator as a side arm. And a weapon that can turn most things into dust so long as he can see it(they'd probably survive but it'd still hurt and they can't dodge or block). And a remote controlled camera mounted missile or twenty. And a weapon that can level the best mech's money can buy without a full clip of ammo. And a series of tiny robots armed with rocket launchers. And remote turrents. Not to mention all the grenade launchers, huge machine guns, three way rocket launchers, and an omniwrench that can burn, freeze, and/or polymorph at close range.

So it's not very one sided.

SAMAS
2008-08-07, 06:03 PM
What set of guns is Ratchet using? All of them is horrifically unfair. (then again, a full set from any given game is probably a curbstomp).

Bago!!!
2008-08-07, 10:21 PM
Ratchet. Terminator Marine go bye-bye.

Jayngfet
2008-08-08, 03:51 PM
What set of guns is Ratchet using? All of them is horrifically unfair. (then again, a full set from any given game is probably a curbstomp).

All, but the space marine can have any weapons wants.

chiasaur11
2008-08-08, 05:32 PM
All, but the space marine can have any weapons wants.

Unless his weapons are dual weilded Blackstone fortresses, I doubt much he has matches a black hole gun. After all, the most over the top stuff is off limits as heretical.

Of course, if "weapon" is defined widely enough, we got more problems. Like whether exterminatus would manage to take off more'n a quarter of the lombax's health bar.

Verruckt
2008-08-09, 03:34 AM
I'm not current on the more recent games, but does the Wrench = a force weapon?

Selrahc
2008-08-09, 05:24 AM
Unless his weapons are dual weilded Blackstone fortresses, I doubt much he has matches a black hole gun. After all, the most over the top stuff is off limits as heretical.

No? Most of the over the top stuff is off limits because its incredibly rare. Its only alien or demonic stuff which is off limits because its heretical.

First up is the Vortex grenade. Insta death for anything(And not usually deployed at anything below world shattering scales). Frankly, it would be a bit unfair on Ratchet.

A lot of the other rare weapons he could take wouldn't actually be that good. An inferno pistol or digital weapon or alternate pattern plasma gun would all not do that much more than the weaponry a terminator would normally have. A relic powersword or other close combat weapon still needs to get up close. Even a C'Tan phase sword suffers those problems. Then theres all the anti psyker stuff which is essentially just useless here.

There are a few things that would be a lot more helpful though. First up is the graviton gun. It is basically an immobilization beam that can pop peoples heads. It works by massively increasing gravity in an area, and noticeably counters antigrav tech to down skimmers.

The neural shredder burns your mind not your armour. As such it doesn't take long to reduce anyone to a blubbering imbecile. If Ratchet is being held still by the Graviton gun, the Neural shredder is great to neutralize Ratchet for imperial reeducation.(Because he doesn't look like any of the aliens, so they'd probably assume he was an abhuman mutant).

Last up, if you really need to get the job done, and you don't mind wasting thousands of sacred relics I'd say you could put that shield breaker ammo from the exitus rifle and put it in an assault cannon.

Verruckt
2008-08-09, 10:38 AM
No? Most of the over the top stuff is off limits because its incredibly rare. Its only alien or demonic stuff which is off limits because its heretical.

First up is the Vortex grenade. Insta death for anything(And not usually deployed at anything below world shattering scales). Frankly, it would be a bit unfair on Ratchet.

A lot of the other rare weapons he could take wouldn't actually be that good. An inferno pistol or digital weapon or alternate pattern plasma gun would all not do that much more than the weaponry a terminator would normally have. A relic powersword or other close combat weapon still needs to get up close. Even a C'Tan phase sword suffers those problems. Then theres all the anti psyker stuff which is essentially just useless here.

There are a few things that would be a lot more helpful though. First up is the graviton gun. It is basically an immobilization beam that can pop peoples heads. It works by massively increasing gravity in an area, and noticeably counters antigrav tech to down skimmers.

The neural shredder burns your mind not your armour. As such it doesn't take long to reduce anyone to a blubbering imbecile. If Ratchet is being held still by the Graviton gun, the Neural shredder is great to neutralize Ratchet for imperial reeducation.(Because he doesn't look like any of the aliens, so they'd probably assume he was an abhuman mutant).

Last up, if you really need to get the job done, and you don't mind wasting thousands of sacred relics I'd say you could put that shield breaker ammo from the exitus rifle and put it in an assault cannon.

Hmm... I'd forgotten about Void Grenades, that could work. A techmarine terminator with a graviton gun wouldn't be entirely out of place in Ratchet's own universe. As fun as loading shield breaker ammo into an assault cannon sounds, I don't think you can load needle gun type ammunition into a standard combustion gun like the assault cannon. Neural shredders are a wee bit deadlier then that, all Lombax Boy would be fit for after that is being shaved and fit with a big servo-clamp as 40k's oddest looking combat servitor.

(Thought for the Day: Burn the Heretic, Purge the Mutant, Shave the Lombax!)

Ellimistd
2008-08-11, 06:15 PM
now, i've never actually played one of ratchet's games all the way through, but i think the terminator may have a better chance than it seems. 1/3 of the shots that hit him, and then do something to him, are negated by his invulnerable save. ratchet doesn't seem to have very good armor, and a heavy flamer/ assault cannon would pretty much toast him. especially considering the cannon probably has a longer range than anything ratchet's got, and the flamer goes around terrain. i think ratchet still wins though, because he's quic enough to sneak around under cover and get within range, and then fire off enough shots before the termie's quick enough to react. in an open feild though, that assault cannon would be deadly.

Fan
2008-08-11, 06:52 PM
I'd give this one to the Terminator on the condition that ALL space marines have a steel hard caqrapace around all of their muscels, and a third lung, with which to filter out poision, and stuff, and I wont even go any further some of the things that space marines have in the fluff is RIDICULOS, beyond all belief, and if we hadANY Pskyers, with them tey would instantly say "hey hes gonna be riggggh....t there!" And the Space marines would rip him apart from half way across the map with there mega bolta snipers.

Jayngfet
2008-08-11, 07:49 PM
But ratchet's weapons in the games alone are even more ridiculous, his wrench can burn and freeze at the same time, his least powerful R.Y.N.O can destroy mech's that are the same size as a space marine, has several missile launchers strapped to it, and feels no threat or pain(he makes good coffee too((not the hot kind. Perverts.(((maybe that one too, but I don't think we'll find out)))))).

Jigsaw Forte
2008-08-11, 08:13 PM
The weapons from Up Your Arsenal alone (seriously, now... a Miniature Nuclear Strike? Weapons Turrets? A BLACK HOLE GENERATOR?) Are total gamebreakers.

In comparison, just about anything from the Warhammer 40k-verse is made to be cannonfodder. The mook's not just toast, he's part of a balanced breakfast.

hanzo66
2008-08-11, 09:24 PM
True, I would give Ratchet the victory out of sheer and utter firepower. Space Marines firepower (IE stuff not on vehicles) tend to usually be somewhat mid-ranged for weaponry while Gadgetron/Megacorp/Vox Corporation creates weapons meant to obliterate armies.

A Terminator would probably be around the range of a Boss for Ratchet. While he wouldn't be easy to take down, shoot 'em with Enuff Dakka to make the Orks jealous and enough firepower to make the Tau feel impotent and insignificant and chances are that said Terminator would be taken down, even if it has a name. Ratchet could definitely outgun and likely outrun the Terminator, especially since the seargent should not have a helmet (I guess he would be subsceptible to the Chunky Salsa Rule).

If the name happens to be Ezekyle Abbadon however...

Rayzin
2008-08-12, 06:51 PM
Rachet Vs. Emperor
Who would win?
But Rachet can't create black holes.

chiasaur11
2008-08-12, 07:38 PM
Rachet Vs. Emperor
Who would win?
But Rachet can't create black holes.

One better:
Ratchet and Clank vs. COMMISAR CIAPHAS CAIN, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM and jurgens

Verruckt
2008-08-12, 08:31 PM
Ratchet: Hi, I have enough weaponry to out gun four Banebaldes :smallbiggrin:

Caiphus: Well then, obviously foul inhuman xeno, your have certainly piqued my interest for self preservation above all else. Perhaps we should sign mutual non-aggression treaties? :smalleek:

Jurgen: *sneaky* *sneaky*

Ratchet: Uh.. sure, why not. So I sign here and here and, hey, what's that awful smell? :smallconfused:

Caiphus: What smell, I certainly have no idea what you're talking about. Oh! don't forget to sign here and there to waiver us and requisition the 200 gallons of ferrocrete. :smallwink:

Ratchet: Why do I need ferrocrete? :smallfrown:

Jurgen: *sneaky* *MELTA!!*

Caiphus: You don't, but the commissariat will have my ass if I don't fill that
crater by morning. :smallamused:.

Icewalker
2008-08-14, 08:35 AM
I think that the RYNO mark II especially tilts this in Ratchet's favor. Best part is that it isn't anything ridiculous in idea, it's just awesome. Rapidfire, heavy power, seeking rockets. Machine guns off a couple hundred shots in probably about a minute, they all lock onto any target they can find and hit pretty hard.

I mean, WH40K armor may be ridiculous, but I think most of Ratchet's weapons would at least dent it significantly, and he has a lot of them...Hell, if you give him that one from...I think the second game, I believe it was called the Zodiac. 4 shots, vaporizes everything you can see?

There are a solid number of rocket launchers throughout the games. 1st one is a straight rocket launcher, 2nd is quadruple barreled, allowing 4 rockets at once, 3rd one...I forget what the rocket launcher is in Up Your Arsenal...

Oooh, perhaps the Leviathan Flail from Deadlocked. The head of that thing looks to be a bout one and a half feet across. Works well when you put the Freezing omega mod on it as well, so it'd slow, then freeze solid the marines. I can imagine that not working on any sort of improved SM though.

There are just too many to list off...those were really fun games.

Jayngfet
2008-08-14, 11:59 AM
Quantum whip, even if he lives the guy behind him still gets shot, no matter how far away.

Visibomb gun, He's behind cover, blasting the crap out of you.