PDA

View Full Version : Astrolomage Wizard Paragon Path (4e)

Shadow_Elf
2008-08-01, 04:23 PM
Astrolomage

"I have studied the cosmos, and the depths of the universe have revealed their hidden powers to me"

Prerequisites: Wizard class

Features:

Gravity Mastery (11):
You can reduce the amount of squares you are pushed, pulled or slid by 1 if you choose.
Timewarp Action (11):
When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you can regain an encounter power you have spent rather than take an extra action
Phase Shift (16):
Once per encounter, when an enemy hits you, you can negate the attack. If the attack would deal damage on a miss, you take no damage.

Center of Gravity (Encounter Attack 11)
"You make an enemy divert attacks by increasing his effect on the gravity around you."
Encounter * Arcane, Psychic, Implement
Standard Action Range 5
Target: One creature in range
Attack: Intelligence vs. Will
Hit: The target takes 2d8+Intelligence modifier damage and becomes the target of all ranged attacks meant for creatures adjacent to it until the end of your next turn.
Sustain Minor: The creatures continues to attract fire

Rewind (Daily Utility 12)
"Using stored strength from within, you use the secrets of time to undo wounds"
Daily * Arcane, Healing
Standard Action Range 5
Target: You or one ally in range
Effect: The target spends a healing surge and, instead of regaining hp equal to their surge value, undo all the damage (and healing) they were affected by last round.

Black Hole (Daily Attack 20)
"You create the ultimate consuming force, a black hole of boundless and uncontrollable power"
Daily * Arcane, Force, Implement, Zone
Standard Action Burst 1 within 10
Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d10 + Intelligence modifier necrotic damage and the target takes ongoing 5 force damage and is immobilised (save ends)
Effect: Each square in the burst becomes a part of the black hole. Every creature within 10 squares is drawn 1 square toward the black hole. Any creature that enters the black hole or starts its turn there is subject to an attack (see above). The zone persists until the end of your next turn
Sustain Standard: The zone persists

Comments? I think this is really what a controller is all about personally. I'm concerned that it may be overpowered though.

Ok, I've edited it to fix some mistakes and include suggestions. Wormhole replaced with Rewind. Enjoy :smallsmile:

Zocelot
2008-08-01, 09:05 PM
Under Gravity Mastery, you say "shifted", when you mean "slid".

It doesn't seem too overpowered.

Get rid of the damage done by Wormhole.

Shadow_Elf
2008-08-01, 09:52 PM

Without the damage its identical to Arcane Gate (level 10 Utility)
If I throw out the damage, I would have to increase the range

Also, here's an alternative i thought up:

Rewind
"Using stored strength from within, you use the secrets of time to undo wounds"
Daily * Arcane, Healing
Standard Action Range 5
Target: You or one ally in range
Effect: The target spends a healing surge and, instead of regaining hp equal to their surge value, undo all the damage (and healing) they were affected by last round.

Thoughts?

Alteran
2008-08-02, 01:09 AM

It's a bit of homage to a particular Sci-Fi show.

Also, does rewind work on the dead, and will it undo effects as well?

Tuataralad
2008-08-09, 03:36 PM
I think that the Black Hole power is good, but could use a bit of modification. Firstly, I don't really think it should do necrotic amage, force might make more sense, and secondly, I think that instead of teleport, it should do something like ongoing force damage of some amount and keep them in that square, but a save allows them to escape from it somehow. Also, i think you should lower the damage a bit on Center of Gravity but perhaps also give it an effect of slowed (save ends). Those are just to make both things slightly more...realistic, if that word can even be used here. Good overall though.