PDA

View Full Version : Martial Controller Ideas

chronoplasm
2008-08-06, 12:31 AM
Powers:

Riot!
Each ally makes an Opportunity Attack against the nearest enemy if able.

Trip Wire
Until the end of your next turn, whenever an enemy passes between you and your nearest willing ally, that enemy is dealt damage and falls prone.

Vise
You deal damage to each enemy between you and your nearest willing ally.

Clothes-Line
You and your nearest willing ally run up to four squares in the same direction if able dealing damage to each enemy that you both passed on the way.

Duet Spin
If there is a willing ally within two squares of you, you can spin that ally around dealing damage to each enemy within the Close Burst 4 area. Then you may place your ally anywhere within that area.

Dance of Madness
Each ally within two squares of you makes an Opportunity Attack against each enemy within two squares.

Bowling
The damaged enemy is pushed two squares and knocked prone. Any other enemy it passes by or becomes adjacent to is also dealt damage and knocked prone.

Anchor Point
You mark the space you are on as an Anchor Point. Whenever you mark another space, this space is no longer an anchor point.

Rush Home
If you are six squares or fewer away from your anchor point and that space is unoccupied, you may return to that space damaging all enemies between you and that point and each enemy you pass by in this way.

Tadanori Oyama
2008-08-06, 12:46 PM
Duet Spin
If there is a willing ally within two squares of you, you can spin that ally around dealing damage to each enemy within the Close Burst 4 area. Then you may place your ally anywhere within that area.

That's twenty feet out in all directions. How tall is this willing ally? I think Close Burst 2 would be stretching it, you might be able to make the case a medium creature, held by the hands, is long enough to count for Reach 2 with it's feet.

Ned the undead
2008-08-06, 04:57 PM
Duet Spin Airplane Ride

Fix'd :smallbiggrin:

Jack_of_Spades
2008-08-07, 04:46 AM
Trip Wire
With a whirl of your sling you wrap a wire around your ally's leg using a sling stone. You crouch with the other end of the wire in hand and wait for your prey.
Encounter Power
Level 3 Rogue Attack Power

Action :Standard Action
Target:Closest Ally
Range: 5 Squares
Ranged Attack: Dex VS Reflex You must be wielding a sling to use this power.

Hit:Draw a line from your character to your target, any square touching this line is now difficult terrain. Any enemy moving out of the difficult terrain is subject to a Dex VS Reflex Attack. On a hit they are knocked prone and take damage equal to your dex mod.

Miss: Your initial target is knocked prone and takes damage equal to your dex mod.

How's this for a first attempt at one of these?

Riot!
Daily Power
Level 1 Warlord Attack Power

Action: Standard Action
Target: Adjacent Enemy
Range: Melee Weapon
Attack: Str VS AC

Hit: 2[w]+Str Mod All allies within 5 squares of you may make a Basic Attack.
Miss: Half Damage One ally in 5 square of you may make a basic attack.

a bit later and there's my second attempt at this.

Shadow_Elf
2008-08-07, 09:40 AM
How about this?

Vulcan Neck Pinch
"You pinch a soft sopt in your enemy's defenses, causing him to lose consciousness"
Standard Action Melee Touch
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: The target becomes unconscious
Miss: The target is stunned until the end of your next turn

Flying Ninja Kick
"You leap through the air, severely pummeling your target"
Standard Action Range Special
Effect: You may shift a number of squares equal to half your movement. You must end this movement next to an opponent
Attack: Dexterity vs. (which defense?)
Hit: You deal 1d8 damage. Make a secondary attack
Secondary Attack: Same as above
Secondary Hit: You deal 1d8 damage and the target is dazed (save ends) make a tertiary attack
Tertiary Attack: Same as above
Tertiary Hit: You deal 1d8 damage and the target is stunned (save ends) make a fourth attack
Fourth Attack: Same as above
Fourth Hit: You 1d8 damage and the target takes ongoing five untyped damage (save ends) Make a fifth attack.
Fifth Attack: Dexterity +2 vs. (which defense?)
Fifth Hit: You deal 1d10 damage and the target is knocked prone
Miss: Every enemy adjacent to the square you shifted to may make an opportunity attack against you
Special: Your target must recover from every status condition in order (i.e. cannot save against ongoing damage until he is standing again)

Thoughts? Sorry if they suck, i don't have my PHB handy right now. I love the idea of a melee controller though. Probably going to be monk when PHB2 comes out.

Zocelot
2008-08-07, 09:45 AM
Vise
You deal damage to each enemy between you and your nearest willing ally.

I can see the other players saying that they aren't willing, just so the power gets more range.