PDA

View Full Version : The world ends with you: Noise into 3.5 (D&D)

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-13, 04:54 PM
Hello, homebrewers. Well, for those of you who have played the world ends with you, I would like some help. I'am not a particuarly experiance homebrewer for 3.5, so I was wndering if anyone would be able to help me make the noise into 3.5 monsters, or if you think it would work at all.

In addition to this, I would like help creating a base class, the ESP'er.
I'll post my starting ideas in a little bit, but I would like help for this. In anycase, thanks!:smallsmile:

Well, my idea for the ESP'er Class abilities so far:

Hit die: D6
Class skills:
Bluff ,Concentration ,Diplomacy ,Escape artist, Gather Information , Intimadate , Knowledge (Local), Knowledge (Psionics), Knowledge (The planes), Listen, Perform, Profession,Psicraft, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Use magic device. Use Psionic Device.

Class Abilities:
Level Base Attack F/R/W/saves Special
1 +0 +0/+0/+2 Player Pin I, Pins (2)
2 +1 +1/+0/+3 Pins (3)

Special Descriptions:
Player Pin: After Becoming a player, One recives a player pin. This Small Metal disk allows the player to use powers such as scanning peoples thought, Imprinting Ideas, Seeing Noise, and Protecting from other mental effects. At level one, the Player pin Provides: A +2 Bonues to Sense motive checks, and A +2 Bonues against mind affecting abilites.

Pins: As a player grows in power, he will use various pins to let himself fight. These powers range from creating fire to Raining rocks down from the sky. A player can choose pins from the following pool, if he meets the level needed:
Force rounds: As magic missle. (level 1)
Cure Drink: The player heals 1d8 hp. This may only be used on the player and can be used 3 times a battle. (Level 1)

It's only a very rough draft, but comments would be nice. I would like advice on layouts and balanicng, as well as ideas for Noise. Thanks!:smallsmile:

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-14, 05:36 PM
Sooo.... Anyone able to provide some advice?
also:
Noise: Monster type.
Features
D8 Hit die
BAB: Same as cleric
good Fortitude and Will saves.
skill points equal to: 2+ int modifier, minimum 1 x4 Skill points on first HD

Traits:
Noise do not eat sleep or breath

Well, I asume this isn't a very good job at all, but please give some advice.

Reptilius
2008-08-16, 12:01 AM
I love you.

I was thinking about making a "dTWEWY" setting for my own campaign (with some changes, obviously, perfect translation would be impossible), with Waterdeep replacing Shibuya.

I think outsider would be good enough for the Noise, but maybe a Noise subtype.

I was thinking of having the Pins just be magic items, but it's up to you...

I'm not so sure about making a new base class. What if you want to continue the campaign after beating the Game? Pins only work when fighting Noise. Would the Player lose the levels after winning?

I would having the Players have normal classes and normal attacks, but can use the pins like they would a wand (with infinite charges).

The World Ends With You has a great setting for D&D. I'd like to help out. If I could, I'd be happy to post my current plans and thoughts for the setting, as well as the Reaper template I've been working on.