PDA

View Full Version : An attempt att translating the swedish RPG EON

Zid
2008-08-21, 08:43 AM
One of my favorite RPGs is EON, a swedish RPG based in the world of Mundana. EON is a fantasy world where wizards are more scientists then sorcerers, where the elves are cursed with immortality and combat is fast and deadly.

It is based on the Unlimited (Un-) dice system, where you roll a number of d6, and for every "6" roll two new dice. (The average of one die is about 4, I´m told). You then compare your result to your skill value, and if you match it or come below it, you succeed. Un3d6 is the "normal" difficulty, and a skilled PC has about 15-16 as his highest starting skill values. I hope to run a EON campaign when I am done with another adventure I DM right now. To start some interest I´ll try to describe the gameworld as good as possible, and give you a brief understandning of the rules system. There exists a swedish EON-wiki, and to try to cut down on my work I´ll try to use google translate and then do some minor edits. I want you to comment if this is readable.

The description of Melorion, home nation to the Cierefalian people (humans):

The major trading nation and the archipelago, which lies northwest of the tirak Takalorr, south of Jargien and west of Damaria called Melorion. The archipelago is home to cirefalierna an old human race living after their age-old traditions. The islands are highly processed and the exploited, and every single foot into the care of either agriculture, animal husbandry, timberhandling or mining. All cities are fortified, especially for attacks from the sea. All cities are situated by the water and have large ports. On the island Vambolia where the capital Ciremelo is located, for example, the whole island surrounded by a wall of dwarfen stone, built from Ghor-dwarfs for a high cost. The islands are heavily fortified and have been very few times succeeded invaded. Melorion is flourishing of trade. Trade is a interest for all cirefalier, whether they are farmers, warriors and merchants. All business is good business and we should always try to make money at all, be it goods, transport, protection or services. Cirefalierna is traditional, and each family is working normally strictly in one cast of either warriors, shildbuilders, farmers, soilders or merchants. Therefore, there is a formidable skills in all segments of society highly skilled boat builders, highly skilled warriors, or very successful business people. It is quite rare that an entire family change the conclusion of the track which family has been through several generations.
Political system: Plutokrati with one of trade princes elected Archprince.

And this is about the Sanari elves:

Sanari
Sanari represent the intellectual approach. Their deep devotion to science, math and magic have made them the most powerful race of elves. They are not very many but they are powerful and there are few magicians who come up in sanaris magical knowledge. Sanari is externally best known for its incredible architecture and for lyfalisvärden of elves glass that they manufacture. They prefer to draw together in the small towns built of stone that seems shimmering in the night. They are richly decorated clothes as most would hinder their movements in battle. A situation they never end up in when they use magic or allies Thism elves instead. Ever since the elven divisions have this numerically small tribe remained in science, art and magic. Even today is sanari active in these areas. More recently, however, they made themselves into yet another area - politics. Sanari, by its deep magic and scientific interest reached a kind of leader among elves. Consequently, they have gradually forced into the role of politicians. They always meet with respect, perhaps not as superior but always as educated and experienced people.

Sanari - the tribe of conspiracy
Sanaris primary objective is to strengthen the elven people. It is alleged that sanari trying to break the curse and that they have far past plans for expansion, not on mundana, but beyond the stars. Of course, get no answers about these plans, if you ask sanari. As the most smiles they only. Sanari is sometimes called the 'conspiracy tribe' of malicious tongues. There is a lot in it. There are few people who are so experienced in the art of gathering incriminating information and get others to be beholden. By its conspired they try to hold together the elves, closely linked to a common factor: they themselves. Thism? is already closed, to sanari and kiriya? Included in that they are close allies of the thism. Pyar are also linked to sanari, when many of pyars trading houses are indebted to sanari, but the relationship is much thinner and more fragile. The big problem for sanari is henéa? and léaram. Then henéa? refuses to have with thism? to do can henéa? not function in a alviskt society in which both tribes are also included. Sanari thus forced to choose. Then thism? sanari are more equal than henéa? has been chosen thism? as the most important partner. Fortunately, avoiding thism? and henéa? each other, so there's no need to intervene against henéa '. Léaram is an entirely different matter. They would prefer to manage their own affairs and have therefore placed themselves outside the sanariska alliance of its own free will and formed their own society. They also have a very strong hederskänsla, on the one hand prevents them to join others' shops and on the other hand sharply limits their usefulness for sanari. Sanari need obedient subjects to achieve their goals, not independent disturbers of the peace. The worst thing with léaram is that they have their own kingdom which also recognized by the human realm. This gives léaram a real political advantage and that will paralyse addition, some of sanaris plans. Léaram are often worked against by the sanari.

Appearance
All sanari-elfs are black-haired. The men are about 175 centimeters long and the women are no longer. Sanari rarely gives the impression of being physically strong. They are rarely weapons, with the exception of a number of sahlamdaggers here and there in the clothes. If we exclude the gaurd of the lily you do not find any major weapons. Sanari not very often follow the normal alviska klädkonventionerna and their clothes are often very impractical. The clothes are exquisite, compared to people's clothes or the other elves. They sit tight along the body, is often very heavy and very heavily embroidered. Women wearing mesevi, a separate suit in which the bottom made of double layers of fabric whose top is knotten in the back. Mesevin is body-worn and fitted with a really deep cleavage. Tuparin and visarin is also quite common, but are often over-embroidered. Sanari also uses a relatively short mantle that is no longer in the middle than at the edges, and the berries are often open so that the underlying clothes are visible.

This post will be highly expanded later on.

Zid
2008-08-21, 08:44 AM
Placeholder

Zid
2008-08-21, 08:59 AM
placeholder 2