PDA

View Full Version : [WH40K] What's up with this Baneblade?

Renegade Paladin
2008-08-22, 08:21 PM
I was looking through the miniatures display case at GenCon when I caught sight of this Baneblade.

Linked for size. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/RenegadePaladin/MarineBB1.jpg)

Likewise. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/RenegadePaladin/MarineBB2.jpg)

So, first I think the sponsons are too far forward, but more importantly, since when do the Blood Angels use superheavy tanks? :smallconfused:

funkyhomosapien
2008-08-22, 08:29 PM
Looks normal to me.

Selrahc
2008-08-22, 08:33 PM
Normally people model the sponsons at the back, but either is fine. You can even put sponsons on both slots.

But yeah, Blood Angels shouldn't be driving baneblades.

EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure its a hellhammer baneblade. Shorter barrel and the sponsons have heavy flamers. More fitting with the blood angels than the standard baneblade, since it has a kind of Baal predator feel, but still not actually a Space Marine tank.

Moff Chumley
2008-08-22, 09:03 PM
On the other hand, I can imagine a mid ranking SM of almost any army telling an IG commander, "Hmm, gimme your tank. Yah..."

LordVader
2008-08-22, 09:16 PM
Somebody got Hellhammer sponsons in my Baneblade.

All that is is a Baneblade with Hellhammer sponsons and possibly a Hellhammer turret. (The Hellhammer is an urban-fighting version of the Baneblade.)

Bryn
2008-08-23, 07:37 AM
Looks like it has been converted. Changes that I can see are...

Adding Rhino/Predator/Vindicator/Whirlwind parts (the Marine in the top).
Adding the end of the Hellhammer's gun to the Baneblade cannon.
Adding Blood Angels symbols to the front that are presumably either transfers or from the plastic sprues. The Forge World brass etch stuff is different to the symbols on the tank).
Removing any accuracy to the background of 40k. The Baneblade is an Imperial Guard, and not Space Marine, vehicle; indeed, it clashes with the tactics of the Marines, who don't use large, slow-moving superheavy tanks in favour of aircraft for more precise and rapid strikes.

In short, some Blood Angels player decided he wanted a Baneblade, and so did a bit of converting. Fair enough, I say. It looks like a neat enough conversion.

LordVader
2008-08-23, 08:19 AM
Z-Axis seems to have settled it.

It'd work better if the Blood Angels had Guard regiments from their world in the same color. Z-Axis is right, Baneblades make absolutely zero sense for Marine tactics.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-08-23, 10:09 AM
It looks pink.

Are you sure it isn't Emperor's Children?

lol

WNxHasoroth
2008-08-23, 12:19 PM
Apocalypse gave all sorts of reasons for Space Marine's to use Super-Heavies.

I believed that Pre-Heresy Legions used heavier equipment as well, and it wouldn't be unseemly for a First Found Chapter to still retain one of those relics.

Renegade Paladin
2008-08-23, 11:11 PM
It looks pink.

Are you sure it isn't Emperor's Children?

lol
I assure you, it's blood red. I was taking the picture through a glass case with bright interior lighting, which is causing the washed-out color in the picture.

SmartAlec
2008-08-23, 11:22 PM
Bah! Real Space Marine armies fight Apocalypse with drop-pods. This long-range firepower thing is overrated. Firing oneself from orbit into the centre of the enemy army is the only way. Wheee!

I assure you, it's blood red.

More pertinently, it bears the teardrop symbol of the Blood Angels.

Though as has already been asked, what kind of pansy Blood Angel sits in an armoured fortress miles from the foe? Altogether now: "Damnit, my Baneblade driver just became Death Company".