PDA

View Full Version : 500 Errors

Ikkitosen
2006-10-05, 04:08 PM
I've had a bunch of these whilst trying to load pages in the last 45 mins or so. Just FYI.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at giantitp.com

tape_measure
2006-10-05, 04:25 PM
Tally up two for having the oh so popular of errors.

I like the double entendre, by the by.

Zetana
2006-10-05, 04:38 PM
also happening to me, most likely something is buggy with the server so its bound to be fixed soon... we hope

HempRope
2006-10-05, 04:38 PM
Me too.

And I've been having the same errors, since a bit before 4 board time.

EDIT: Er, the me too, was for the double entendre.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-05, 04:43 PM
I managed to get a "The board is in Maintenance Mode. Come back at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time," message. Of course, here it is, 4:40 eastern, and I'm still getting some of those 500 errors.

HempRope
2006-10-05, 04:56 PM
I've been okay for a few minutes now, actually. Perhaps it blew over.

WampaX
2006-10-05, 04:57 PM
People that can do things or People that can get in contact with people that can do things have been contacted.

HempRope
2006-10-05, 05:01 PM
Ooh. I just got this...

Untrapped Error:
Sorry, too many users at YaBB.pl line 72.

Never even heard of that before, though perhaps it's not so uncommon...

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-05, 05:04 PM
Ooh. I just got this...
Got a bunch of those trying to submit my last response to this thread. Accidentally wound up with a double-post for a moment. (Then I hit "Remove." ;))

(Crap, I'm getting a bunch of them now, too.)

Archonic Energy
2006-10-05, 05:24 PM
new error message

An Error Has Occured!

Untrapped Error:
Sorry, too many users at YaBB.pl line 72.

^^ doh... ok maybe not so new then.

Ikkitosen
2006-10-05, 05:25 PM
I got a couple of those Untrapped deals too. Come on Boards, live dammit, LIVE!!!!!

People that can do things or People that can get in contact with people that can do things have been contacted.
Thanks WampaX :)

Saithis Bladewing
2006-10-05, 06:01 PM
Yep, it's been coming and going ever since. I also recently got another error, but I forgot to save it...I'll copy and paste next time I see it.

Flabbicus
2006-10-05, 06:02 PM
Yep, it's been coming and going ever since. I also recently got another error, but I forgot to save it...I'll copy and paste next time I see it.

Me too, only was on one thread though.

RawBearNYC
2006-10-05, 06:04 PM
the popularity of GiantITP and the message boards has started doing a job on the server on which it's hosted. the web host, to preserve his other clients, ahs limted concurrent yabb instances. Any extra will get the error. he's looking at ways to improve yabb's performance.

FYI, searching is the biggest drain on yabb's resources, if you care about this site, you'll cut down on the amount of searching and viewing the last X posts of a user you do.

Thanks