PDA

View Full Version : Are multiple accounts allowed?

theangelJean
2006-08-24, 07:47 AM
Very simple question, but one I can't find the answer to in the rules.

Can I make more than one account?

The reason I ask is that this name is the one I use in a game; I would like to start posting in The Town as one of the other characters I have (also in my game) but I don't want people to connect them at all. Especially if players from my game come to these boards.

And I know I can change my name, but the avatar is always the same for all my posts at any one time, right?

Is that allowed?

Bookman
2006-08-24, 09:23 AM
Yeah it is allowed as Sneak, Wukei and I think a couple other have done that for additional Town characters. If you want to keep one account you could theoretically post an avatar at the beginning of each post like The Librarian was doing for awhile. Or even just put a label at the beginning of your posts saying like Angel Jean or in the town mention your name alot.

Oh and welcome to the boards :)

Ego Slayer
2006-08-24, 02:51 PM
Yeah, or a side account for asking stupid/newb questions in the Gaming section. I am guilty of going that to save my ego. :P

NEO|Phyte
2006-08-24, 03:56 PM
I'm not aware of any issues regarding multiple accounts.

NEO_Phyt2
2006-08-24, 03:56 PM
What ^ said

Tarnag40k
2006-08-24, 11:06 PM
yes it should be fine as long as you don't use them to spam or "agree" with yourself to try amd make your opinion seem more legit. that and conversations with yourself, that could aslo get several accounts banned

Lucky
2006-08-24, 11:21 PM
No! You can't make more than one account! It's not allowed!

Whoops... Am I in the wrong account? Darn...

So... Yeah, make a second account! I suppose...

The Inanimate Carbon Rod
2006-08-25, 05:14 PM

so am i....

Scheron
2006-08-28, 06:14 PM

Me too!

I think as long as you don't make tons of different personas, then have them just converse, for no reason other than post count, it should be fine.

-Vaynor

HempRope
2006-08-28, 09:33 PM

so am i....

Me too!

Alright, we really don't need everyone who has a second account to come say so here.

Azrael
2006-08-30, 03:47 PM
Yeah, or a side account for asking stupid/newb questions in the Gaming section. I am guilty of going that to save my ego. :P

You didn't hide it very well though.

LordOfNarf
2006-08-31, 01:24 AM

Actually, thats not a bad idea, I might want to do that.

I'm pretty sure multiple acounts are ok unless u abuse them (think looping the 3 post rule in SMBG), since the computer tracks IP as well as account, the mods will nail u for abusing them.

otherwise its ok to the best of my knowlege.

The Demented One
2006-09-02, 07:10 PM
Oh, and use of secondary accounts in anything voting related--design contests, MitP--is most heavily frowned upon. And by frowned upon, I mean that I, the Demented One, will personally mindrape you.

Unless you're doing it to vote for me, that is.

Anonymous
2006-09-02, 07:13 PM
Oh, and use of secondary accounts in anything voting related--design contests, MitP--is most heavily frowned upon. And by frowned upon, I mean that I, the Demented One, will personally mindrape you.

Unless you're doing it to vote for me, that is.
What he said.

Don Beegles
2006-09-02, 08:07 PM
Wait you will mindrape someone unless they are voting for the Demented One. Hmm, mister, Anonymous, you seem to have an unhealthy interst in the Dmented One. In fact, I think he's going to have to mindrape himself now. Just look at what you made him do.

Actually, now that I think about it: MIndraping. Just another of the very long list of things that make him Demented.

The Demented One
2006-09-02, 09:48 PM
Wait you will mindrape someone unless they are voting for the Demented One. Hmm, mister, Anonymous, you seem to have an unhealthy interst in the Dmented One. In fact, I think he's going to have to mindrape himself now. Just look at what you made him do.
Wouldn't that just be...mindwanking, or something?

Hario
2006-09-07, 02:04 AM
Wouldn't that just be...mindwanking, or something?
well how do you expect your brain to say no? :D

WhiteKnight777
2006-09-09, 02:37 AM
Rejected by one's own brain. That would have to hurt. :P

WampaX
2006-09-11, 11:34 AM
Voice of the Wampinator: Hmm . . . useless topic seems to be growing tentacles.

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

BOOOOOOMMMM . . .

Threat neutralized.
Thread locked down.