PDA

View Full Version : PM recipient field limit

Winged One
2006-09-05, 05:28 PM
I noticed recently, when I was reporting a bit of spam, that there's a limit to the number of people who you can send a single PM to. This meant that I had to send the PM multiple times, and by the time I was done it was already moved to The Dump(my compliments regarding the speed with which that was handled, by the way). Would it be possible to set something up so that it is possible to PM all of the mods at once, or possible just all of the mods who are online? Or should I just pick one mod and not bother the others with the problem in the future, or what?

WampaX
2006-09-05, 05:31 PM
Picking one or two mods is a good place to start (gives better coverage).

I've sent a suggestion along to Ray on how to better determine who your best bets to contact are.

Mattaeu
2006-09-05, 06:05 PM
For a roundabout way: When I've reported spam/abuse, I generally tried the mod I thought visited their domain most often(though now with the huge coverage, that's moot).

With the changes, I now simply click the profile links for all the mods(just the names on the forum page), go back to the Forum page, and then scroll to the bottom to see which links crop up as 'visited', and thus, 'online'; the whole beige/brown difference is really easy to see.

But yeah, roundabout. :-/

edit: @V haha, you know, I actually forgot that. Helps me keep them shaded different for other possible moments of need. :P

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-09-05, 06:27 PM
For a roundabout way: When I've reported spam/abuse, I generally tried the mod I thought visited their domain most often(though now with the huge coverage, that's moot).

With the changes, I now simply click the profile links for all the mods(just the names on the forum page), go back to the Forum page, and then scroll to the bottom to see which links crop up as 'visited', and thus, 'online'; the whole beige/brown difference is really easy to see.

But yeah, roundabout. :-/
The profile page notes online/offline status as well, by the way.