PDA

View Full Version : Posting a File for Players

TheMogg
2006-08-31, 01:47 PM
Hi, I'm sorry if this was already covered, but I'm curious:

Is there a way to Insert a file from my computer that Players can access in the [Out of Character/In Character] Game Thread?

The file I have in mind is a scanned PDF of my world map. I am currently alerting my Players that it is available, but my email request only.

Thanks for any help.
~Mogg

HempRope
2006-08-31, 02:16 PM
My best advice would be to host it elsewhere, and then post a link in the thread here. Also, some webmail providers (Google/Gmail for sure, and I think Yahoo!, maybe others) allow you to host a file and then give permissin for certain other accounts to view it.

TheMogg
2006-08-31, 02:28 PM
I thought I might get that reply.

Is it possible to put in a PDF as an "image" in a post (maybe by saving it as somethign else)? If so, how?

I'll look into the yahoo thing, but I don't think myself that savvy.

RawBearNYC
2006-08-31, 02:56 PM
We're not doing any hosting here. yaBB is choking the server enough. You'll need to host it elsewhere. Not sure why you want to put a pdf as an image, you can just link to the file hosted elsewhere. but, yeah, you're gonna need another web host.

TheMogg
2006-08-31, 03:01 PM
I don't have anywhere online that is permanent so people can go check it out. Or maybe I'm just missing something. =p

Thanks.

Amiria
2006-08-31, 03:24 PM
You can host images on photobucket.

http://www.photobucket.com/

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-08-31, 10:41 PM
I don't have anywhere online that is permanent so people can go check it out. Or maybe I'm just missing something.
Open up some webspace at Angelfire, Geocities, Ripway, or any other free webserver. Then you can just use that as space to dump your stuff. You don't even have to build a full site. Just link to your home directory or the files themselves.

ahsile
2006-09-01, 10:01 AM
Exactly what I was going to suggest. There are plenty of places to host data for free out there. You just need to find them. Heck, you could even start up a myspace account and host some files there, I think.

TheMogg
2006-09-01, 05:10 PM
Gads. I didn't wanna do a geocities, but I have before. Maybe it's time I allow people to find me online again. *sigh* Thanks again, I'll just do that.