http://www.scribd.com/doc/3016009/Nobilis-Core-Rules
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~cms/gaming/ry_synopsis.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobilis

Exalted
http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exalted

Setup

A massive storefront covers Earth. It also covers all the Chancels on earth, and mythic earth. After weeks of cloud cover, it finally opens. Beneath them is a massive plane of land, with almost no modern tech and enormous amounts of magic. They also sea Helios and the unconquered sun glaring at each other.

So, the Nobilis solar system is floating a few thousand k from Creation, through a convulted and complex number of arguments, they are all fighting each other.

assume the Imperaitors and the Uber-Gods cancel each other out.

there are about 2,000 Nobles on earth.

the Spirits and small gods are fighting too.

Poison_Fish
2008-08-29, 11:10 AM
A couple of things. What is with this "h" in Exalted. I mean, the manual of the dang game doesn't even use it, and yet floods of people keep spelling it that way.

And from my experience, the Imperaitors are nothing compared to the uber gods. They essentially fill the same role that most of the regular spirit courts would fill if the spirit courts weren't piling cesspools of corruption that they are in the 2nd age.

So, when fighting the full front of exalted (Are we ignoring problems within creation itself?); Your going to have to deal with:
12 deathlords, who are individually more powerful then most groups of solars(usually)
The Fairfolk
The currently invading groups of alchemicals(Suddenly, technology)
Lookshy(First age magitech well trained army) and the Realm (Swarms of Dragon Blooded)
The silver pact (Lunars)
Solars
Abyssals

And let's not even bring what remains outside of creation: Then you have the wyld, malfeas(The demon world, where it's locked up gods were more powerful then the incarna, as they are the gods of concepts, not things), the underworld, and the place where alchemicals come from.

I think it was summed up awhile ago, fighting the entirety of exalted, even just the entirety of creation, is near impossible.

Tengu_temp
2008-08-29, 11:17 AM
A couple of things. What is with this "h" in Exalted. I mean, the manual of the dang game doesn't even use it, and yet floods of people keep spelling it that way.

I second this notion. Especially since I've met it in WoW too, where one of the reputation levels you can get with a faction is Exalted and people often spell it Exhalted too. Are they purposely ignoring the grammar in hope if sounding witty and funny? It's not witty.

puppyavenger
2008-08-29, 11:32 AM
in order
1. no idea, it's how the spell-checker on firefox says it's spelled

2. really? anyway, they're about 400 of them, and a good portion of them are immune to damage or destruction, plus one faction of them that's immune to any physical harm. well, they could win on the home front anyway, and with high enough domain, they'd have a good chance. anyway, I'd say the council of four is at least equal to the five dragons or Luna.

3. wait the deathlords are in creation? I thought they were in demon land.
4. I'm sure the power of legends would like to have a word with them...
5. Chancelfolk can have everything from mecha's to space marines. and they do have an earth of highly militarized first world dictatorships at their control.
6. it's one miracle to destroy an army. and the power of war makes Hercules look like a wimp.
7. Difficult, but the power of change could probably do something, or the power of the moon, or gravity.
8/9. the real difficulty, I don't know, Death-regal? the power of Eternity?

Poison_Fish
2008-08-29, 11:46 AM
in order
1. no idea, it's how the spell-checker on firefox says it's spelled

2. really? anyway, they're about 400 of them, and a good portion of them are immune to damage or destruction, plus one faction of them that's immune to any physical harm. well, they could win on the home front anyway, and with high enough domain, they'd have a good chance. anyway, I'd say the council of four is at least equal to the five dragons or Luna.

3. wait the deathlords are in creation? I thought they were in demon land.
4. I'm sure the power of legends would like to have a word with them...
5. Chancelfolk can have everything from mecha's to space marines. and they do have an earth of highly militarized first world dictatorships at their control.
6. it's one miracle to destroy an army. and the power of war makes Hercules look like a wimp.
7. Difficult, but the power of change could probably do something, or the power of the moon, or gravity.
8/9. the real difficulty, I don't know, Death-regal? the power of Eternity?

See, your forgetting one thing. The Exalted were made to kill concepts. Power of death is nothing to them. The power of legends interfering will end up getting kicked in the head, or outreasoned, etc. etc. Things that can't be physically harmed? They can merely say no to that and take it out anyway, or just unmake them. As well, armies in Exalted, especially ones like Lookshy, aren't your normal armies.

When you have a powerscale of infinity, it's kind of hard to find a counter. This might be easier on the Nobilis if it's something like, the 2nd age where creation is still fighting itself. I mean, creation has been going on for a long time with about a thousand plots for the end of the world all happening at once along with infighting everywhere, and yet still hasn't gone down.

Also, the deathlords aren't anywhere in Malfeas. Some of them are in the underworld(Entirely different then Malfeas), but quite a few are hanging out in creation (Bishop, Prince, Skanky McSkank, and Can't Read but has Huge Undead Godzilla to name a few)

Oslecamo
2008-08-29, 04:32 PM
Nobilis gives a constznt supply of booze to exalted and they'll spend the rest of their life in an eternal party. Everybdy knows exalted can't resist alchool.