PDA

View Full Version : Taste the rainbow [4e] [Paragon Path] [PEACH]

Enlong
2008-09-01, 11:18 PM
So, for my first bit of 4E homebrew, I thought I'd do something relatively simple; a Paragon Path. For inspiration, I decided to try and re-make an old 3.5E favorite: The IOTSV! Now with (hopefully) 75% less Cheese.

Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil
“Rejoice, for there is no sight of more singular beauty then the unbounded rainbow; and, truly, no more beautiful way to die.”

Prerequisite: Wizard Class.

You see the power of magic as a pattern of colors; a rainbow of power with no beginning, no end, and no limit. Your view of magic manifests itself in your power, coloring your aura with the myriad shades and hues of light. You have learned to use the power of light and color to overwhelm your foes, and to bend the power of magic into powerful shields and impenetrable walls. Your guard is as strong and shifting as the light itself: you may suddenly produce a veil of color that annuls all attacks, or punish those foolish enough to face you up close with a burning blaze of light as a retort. You laugh at those who shun this path because they shun light. To you, power is everywhere, and all you need do is seize it.

Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil Path Features
Prismatic Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you gain a power bonus to all your defenses equal to one-half your level until the end of your next turn.
Radiant Rebuke (11th level): When you take damage from an adjacent enemy, make an opportunity attack against all adjacent targets. Those that are hit take 1d8+Intelligence modifier Radiant damage.
Shining Cage (16th level): When you first become bloodied in an encounter, you become immune to all forms of damage until the start of your next turn.

Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil Spells

Prismatic Wall: IOTSV Attack 11
A shimmering wall of shifting colors springs into existence. As the first foe approaches it, the light intensifies and shines with intense power,
Encounter * Arcane, Radiant, Implement
Standard Action Area: Wall 10 within 10 squares
Effect: you conjure a wall that consists of continuous squares filled with intense light. It can be up to 10 squares long and up to 4 squares high. The wall lasts until the end of your next turn. Any creature that begins its turn next to the wall takes 1d8+INT modifier Radiant damage. If a creature attempts to enter a wall square, the wall makes an attack against the creature using your INT modifier (INT Vs. Fortitude). If the creature is hit, it takes 10+INT modifier Radiant damage, and cannot enter the wall this turn. Moving into a wall square takes 1 extra square of movement. The wall blocks line of sight.
Persist Minor: The wall persists until the end of your next turn.

Prismatic Veil: IOTSV Utility 12
As the attack draws dangerously near, a mesmerizing veil of colors interposes itself between you and the attack, stopping it entirely.
Daily * Arcane
Immediate Interrupt Personal
Trigger: When an attack hits you
Effect: The attack does not hit you

Prismatic Rain: IOTSV Attack 20
You raise your hand, and a million tiny motes of light rain from the sky. As they fall, they swarm and strike your foes, who begin to scream and burn.
Daily* Arcane, Radiant, Fire, Implement
Standard Action Area: Burst 5 within 20 squares
Target: each enemy in bust
Attack: Intelligence VS Reflex
Hit: 6d6+Int Radiant Damage, and ongoing 10 fire damage. (save ends)
Miss: half damage, and no ongoing damage.

What do you think? Good? Bad? Too powerful? Too weak? Too samey?

Shadow_Elf
2008-09-02, 07:53 AM
I really like it, but I think that the "Action Point" ability is overpowered. Take a look and the Swordmaster (Fighter PP). His gives him +4 to AC/Reflex.
At level 11, when you get this, it is giving you +5 to all four. At level 30, +15. This may need revision.
If this is so focused on being able to defend itself, perhaps the second feature should be when they miss? also, I think that just straight out INT mod damage to all adjacent units w/o an attack is fair. Not sure though.
I'll comment on the powers later as I sorta have to leave. Great job!

Arakune
2008-09-02, 07:57 AM
Try this: 7th Veil master (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4626488#post4626488)

Enlong
2008-09-02, 08:08 AM
I really like it, but I think that the "Action Point" ability is overpowered. Take a look and the Swordmaster (Fighter PP). His gives him +4 to AC/Reflex.
At level 11, when you get this, it is giving you +5 to all four. At level 30, +15. This may need revision.
If this is so focused on being able to defend itself, perhaps the second feature should be when they miss? also, I think that just straight out INT mod damage to all adjacent units w/o an attack is fair. Not sure though.
I'll comment on the powers later as I sorta have to leave. Great job!

Ohhh. Yeah, I'll change the action point thing. Maybe a flat number, maybe you have to choose a defense, maybe both.

The rebuke thing isn't an autohit, though. Y'still have to succeed on an AOO to deal the damage. Though looking back at it, it's a little stronger then the Battle Mage's skill, so maybe I'll change it to just the one that attacks him.

Edit:
Hmmm.... OK. I think Ryuan wins.