PDA

View Full Version : Peach? What is peach?

Eldred
2006-06-08, 01:23 PM
I've seen this word popping up on thread titles and I have no idea what its about. Is it something to do with constructing new feats/classes etc?

RawBearNYC
2006-06-08, 01:27 PM
I've seen this word popping up on thread titles and I have no idea what its about. Is it something to do with constructing new feats/classes etc?
Please Examine And Critique Honestly

Eldred
2006-06-08, 01:28 PM
Thx, its strange what happens when you dont go on the forums for just a week... :)

Zherog
2006-06-08, 05:06 PM
Hey RawBear - I'm gonna ask you a question. I'm asking so I can (hopefully) avoid possibly getting in trouble later (because we know how much of a trouble maker I am ;) ):

If one were to voice one's opinion about the PEACH acronym, and that opinion were less than flattering, would one get in trouble?

;D

RawBearNYC
2006-06-08, 05:40 PM
Hey RawBear - I'm gonna ask you a question. I'm asking so I can (hopefully) avoid possibly getting in trouble later (because we know how much of a trouble maker I am ;) ):

If one were to voice one's opinion about the PEACH acronym, and that opinion were less than flattering, would one get in trouble?

;D
::checks his passive aggressive meter::

Yup we have a winner.

opinions about PEACH aren't against the rules of posting, tho it might cause more parts of my brain to numb.

Zherog
2006-06-08, 05:50 PM
Just wanted to check, to be sure. :D

PEACH has got to be the stupidest http://boards1.wizards.com/images/smilies/Censored.gif acronym ever invented. And I work in the computer industry, so I see a lot of stupid http://boards1.wizards.com/images/smilies/Censored.gif acronyms. I think it's pretty much a given that if you're posting some form of creation on a message board, that you're seeking feedback on it.

I really love it when people put "Please PEACH" in the thread title. ::) "Please, Please Examine and Critique Honestly. ::) Why not just say, "Pretty Please with Sugar on top?"

BAH!

Sneak
2006-06-08, 09:06 PM
Pretty PEACH with sugar on top? I like pretty peaches with sugar. Mmm.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-06-08, 09:54 PM
As I said in the thread about the PEACH icons, I rather like seeing the acronym as tells me that the thread contains custom content. That is not always evident from the rest of the title. If I'm not in a mood to think about the balance of a new rule, I can skip it. If I'd like to see something new, I can go right to it.

And quite frankly, PEACH sounds a lot juicier than "Custom" or any other flag that could provide the same info.

BelkarsDagger
2006-06-12, 07:20 PM
Mmmmmm peaches aaaaaaaaah

InaVegt
2006-06-13, 05:29 AM
And if you don't like PEACH, just use APPLE

(Always pretty pathetic, lord egg)

Charity
2006-06-13, 06:21 AM
Any positive praise lifts ego
Another punitive pedant lodges expostulation

Roland St. Jude
2006-06-13, 01:51 PM
Or ORANGE = Original Rules And Not Good Either

Or PEAR = Please Evaluate And Rip-me-a-new-one Revise.

:)

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-06-14, 12:25 PM
If this keeps up, I'm gonna start wondering if this is a message board or a fruit market. ;)

Yuki Akuma
2006-06-14, 06:00 PM
How about GRAPEFRUIT?

Genorously Rate And Particularly Examine Fairly Under Intensive Trials, obviously.

Roland St. Jude
2006-06-15, 12:30 AM
@^ Very nice!

ORANGE = Original Rules Are No Good, Eh?

HempRope
2006-06-15, 10:53 AM
Or the opposite of Peach, POMEGRANATE!

Please, Oh Magnificient Examiners, Go Right Away; No Assessing This Experiment!

TruenuffTrey
2006-06-15, 09:53 PM
Looks like PEACH could experience a hostile takeover.

Personally, I'm rooting for a cantaloupe acronym...

RawBearNYC
2006-06-15, 09:54 PM
Another thread in Board Issues succumbs to the off-topicing lack of attention span.

Roland St. Jude
2006-06-15, 10:10 PM
Another thread in Board Issues succumbs to the off-topicing lack of attention span.

I noticed that wasn't a lock or a move, so I can only assume you want me to come up with something for cantaloupe. :P

CANTALOUPE: Carefully Assess, Nitpick, Test, And List Out Unhelpful Parts Excessively

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-06-15, 10:37 PM
Alright, now I'm gonna have to change my bookmark from being labeled "Giant in the Playground Message Boards" to "Giant in the Playground Fruit Market."

Mmmm.... fruit market.... 8)

bluish_wolf
2006-06-20, 04:15 AM
Isn't the whole purpose of posting on a message board to get comments? I don't see the point of asking people to do something that they are most likely going to do anyway.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-06-20, 12:17 PM
Isn't the whole purpose of posting on a message board to get comments? I don't see the point of asking people to do something that they are most likely going to do anyway.
Yeah, the purpose is to get comments.

But then there are many types of comments that could be made on any topic. You typically have to let people know what kind of comments you would find helpful.

Sneak
2006-06-20, 12:26 PM
Yeah, they only want peachy comments, apparently.

Andraste
2007-11-09, 10:08 PM
PLUM: Please Leave Useful Messages
PUMPKIN: Please Utter Messages Pertaining to Knowledgable Insite Now
CUCUMBER: Cunning Utterance Can Usually Mabye Be Extra Reliable