View Full Version : Heroes and Villains in the Playground, 2008 Edition

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Lord Herman
2008-09-06, 04:30 PM
Heroes and Villains
in the Playground
2008 Edition

Main Thread | Nominations | Polls

Welcome to Heroes and Villains in the Playground, the twenty-sixth ...in the Playground contest. In this contest, playgrounders vied for the title of Hero in the Playground, Villain in the Playground, Damsel in the Playground, and Sidekick in the Playground.

Hero in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/HeroesAndVillains2008_HeroGold.png
With 30 votes, Mordokai is the winner of the Hero in the Playground trophy!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/HeroesAndVillains2008_HeroSilver.png
Saint Nil got 14 votes, and wins the silver trophy!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/HeroesAndVillains2008_HeroBronze.png
FF fanboy gets the bronze trophy with 7 votes.

Villain in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/HeroesAndVillains2008_VillainGold.png
RabbitHoleLost is the villainiest villain! She got 23 votes.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/HeroesAndVillains2008_VillainSilver.pnghttp://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/MagtokAward.png
With 20 votes, Lord Fullbladder gets the silver trophy, and a Magtok Award.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/HeroesAndVillains2008_VillainBronze.png
Face of Evil got 5 votes and gets the bronze trophy.

Damsel in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/HeroesAndVillains2008_DamselGold.png
Haleyintraining wins the Damsel trophy with 19 votes!

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/HeroesAndVillains2008_DamselSilver.png
Felixaar came in second with 16 votes.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/HeroesAndVillains2008_DamselBronze.png
With 12 votes, happyturtle gets the bronze trophy.

Sidekick in the Playground

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/HeroesAndVillains2008_SidekickGold.png
Cristo Meyers wins the Sidekick trophy! He got 23 votes.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/HeroesAndVillains2008_SidekickSilver.pnghttp://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/MagtokAward.png
With 15 votes, xNadia gets the silver trophy. She also gets a Magtok Award.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/HeroesAndVillains2008_SidekickBronze.png
Lex-kat got 8 votes, which means he gets the bronze trophy.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-06, 04:32 PM
Vote me for Hero itp!

Because you can count on the Cookie Llama when you don't really need him!

Wait, that was supposed to come out different......

First post, yay.

Well, vote me for Hero itp!
Because Supagoof re-winning his award, would probably make him explode from the awesome.

V : *rescues* *three days to early*

Zar Peter
2008-09-06, 04:34 PM
I think I will run for Damsel itP... anyone who wants to rescue me? :smallbiggrin:

Almighty Salmon
2008-09-06, 04:35 PM
Nuts, no wise-cracking sidekick in the playground. I would've run for that.

Saint Nil
2008-09-06, 04:35 PM
I might run for Hero in the playground.

Madmal
2008-09-06, 04:37 PM
Hero in the Playground
Mauveshirt
Supagoof
<pending>

RabbitHoleLost
Kaelaroth
<pending>

Damsel in the Playground
HaleyinTraining
Zar Peter
Saint Nil

Player Zero
Almightly Salmon
Atreyu, The masked llama

Lord Herman
2008-09-06, 04:37 PM
Nuts, no wise-cracking sidekick in the playground. I would've run for that.

Now that you mention it, a Sidekick category is a good idea. I'll go and add it.

Almighty Salmon
2008-09-06, 04:38 PM
Now that you mention it, a Sidekick category is a good idea. I'll go and add it.

Victory! X3

Salmon for Sidekick in the playground, yo.

Madmal
2008-09-06, 04:39 PM
I think I will run for Damsel itP... anyone who wants to rescue me? :smallbiggrin:

i'll consider... do i get half of a kingdom or what?

Wraithy
2008-09-06, 04:46 PM
Who better to represent Villainy than pocket sized suffering made substantial... insubstantial.

Morty
2008-09-06, 04:48 PM
Not that I can run for any of the titles, but how about a Trusted Lieutenant category? Although that might be a bit too much.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-06, 04:52 PM
So, the dashing Swashbuckler Rogue is a valid Heroic Archtype, yes?
A Hero is me!

Lord Herman
2008-09-06, 04:54 PM
Note that with four categories, this contest has no more room for extra ones.

Morty
2008-09-06, 04:55 PM
Note that with four categories, this contest has no more room for extra ones.

Hm. I see. No Trusted Lieutenant, then.

Kaelaroth
2008-09-06, 04:58 PM
Consider me, if you will, for the divine, wondrous art of villainy.

*lights pipe*

If one recalls, I'm evil.

*studio laughter*

Yes, it's rather hard to forget, isn't it? I mean, look at me! I'm wearing clothes from two different designers!

*studio laughter*

Yes, dear viewers, I'm evil. And I'll be running for villain in the playground. For my own, misguided reasons. I even have a backstory!

Zar Peter
2008-09-06, 05:01 PM
i'll consider... do i get half of a kingdom or what?

Well, wait, I have to ask my father. Does half of a VISA Card counts, too?

Haleyintraining
2008-09-06, 05:04 PM
I'm totally a damsel in distress. Vote me! :smallwink:

Wraithy
2008-09-06, 05:05 PM
Hm. I see. No Trusted Lieutenant, then.

Support my campaign and I will call you it.
WARNING: you should not expect Wraithy's promises to be corporeal, ha ha, see I made a pun... what nothing? My wife left me for putting too many puns in my wedding vows, oh god I'm so lonely, well at least I still have you warning label, we'll always stick together, ha ha ha *bang*
WARNING: overuse of warning labels may lead to overuse of puns, lack of humour in posts, suicidal tendencies, and voting for Wraithy, seriously man, its just not Punny.

Kaelaroth
2008-09-06, 05:06 PM

See? Already, women flock to be my captive. You may step into the cage of fire, dear, you can be endorsed.

Mordokai
2008-09-06, 05:07 PM
See? Already, women flock to be my captive. You may step into the cage of fire, dear, you can be endorsed.

Fear not, I will save them all!

Just nominate me for the Hero in the Playground :smallbiggrin:

Alarra
2008-09-06, 05:09 PM
Can a damsel have a sidekick?

*acts distressed and pats her trusty llama sidekick*

TRM
2008-09-06, 05:11 PM
I fully endorse Haleyintraining's candidacy for DamselITP. Not only is she a damsel, but she's the type that can kick your ass at the same time as she's locked in a cold stone tower.

Kaelaroth
2008-09-06, 05:12 PM
Castles, and therefore towers, are out, babe.

Stylish chic floating penthouses of contrasting doom are IN!

Amiria
2008-09-06, 05:13 PM
Damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ... damsel or hero ...

HERO !

HEROIN, SHE SAID ! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1O-aWGnGo)

The song's title misses an E, the lyrics probably don't fit, but ... whatever, I wanna be a Hero !

Uh, I need a badass heroic banner, with Ink's (or Ink style) Amiria (see in the spoiler) in it and heroic stuff going on. Anyone who wants to make it can PM me ... or else ... I'll ask in the avatar thread in the next days. :smallsmile:

Dr. Bath
2008-09-06, 05:16 PM
*swivels in chair*

I see the unwashed masses come to find their chosen adversary once again. But this time you will not make the same mistake! For I, Doctor Bath shall rule with iron fist and waxed moustache over a degraded earth once I am finished.

Muahahahahaa!

*twirls moustache*

*disappears in a puff of smoke*

Where have my henchmen got to...

Kaelaroth
2008-09-06, 05:20 PM
Sorry, Bath.

*strokes your henchmen*

Already seduced.

TFT
2008-09-06, 05:21 PM
I'll run for hero in the playground, but I'm not expecting much in the way of voting and nominations(since I'm new to the playground...) Speach to come later.

Dr. Bath
2008-09-06, 05:25 PM
Calamity? Drawn away from my gifts of lasors and Tank but some hairless hack? Never I say! Never! Not that I care much. I shall forge my empire anew! Through force choking and random acts of violence coupled with a fixation upon a single goal or individual to the detriment of my overall plan.

*sends army of crabtanks after the Landfish*

See? I already have a nemesis. What do you have? (other than my henchmen and a rather fetching penthouse lair...)

Kaelaroth
2008-09-06, 05:29 PM
Weeellll, as discussed earlier, I have at least two designer tops. And a studio audience. And much, much more.

Wait, did you just say my penthouse was only "rather" fetching? :smallmad:

FoE
2008-09-06, 05:31 PM
Here's my campaign: don't nominate anyone for Sidekick. That is about the lamest award I can imagine.

Instead, nominate me (and others, if you wish) in the category of ....

ANTI-HERO!

Raistlin1040
2008-09-06, 05:31 PM
Like Spider-Man, Batman, and Eli Manning before me, I, Raistlin Rós, seek the nomination of Hero in the Playground.

Campaign Speech/Commerical
*Scene is of Raistlin standing in front of a picture of Superman*

What makes a hero? Some would say courage. Some would say an inherant sense of right and wrong. Some would say a snappy one-liner delivered right as you beat down the villain. And in their own way, each of these answers is somewhat correct. But in my opinion, true heroism is only achieved by tasting from the pools of villainy, and rejecting it.

I've been a villain. I've done bad things. I was an AMENite for over a year, and I was a terrible person. But one day, I realized that all the pain and suffering I was causing wasn't doing anything worthwhile, and I left AMEN, and joined HALO, back in its days as something akin to the Justice League.

*Montage of clips showing Raistlin fighting AMEN and various other badguys rolls*

While a member of HALO I helped defend against AMEN, demons, devils, and even evil gods. A few months back, I was drafted into the Royal Elven Army, and though I didn't want to go, I went to protect those that I love.

*Scene changes to Raistlin holding his guitar and sitting on a bench*

I'm sort of retired now. HALO has been somewhat empty, and I've been concentrating on my music. In case you didn't know, 50% of all the money from album sales is given away to charity, and every tour except for our first has donated all the proceeds, including merchandise, to charities.

And that's why I think I should be nominated for Hero in the Playground. Thank you for listening, and I hope to see you at the voting booth soon.

*Scene fades to black as David Bowie's "Heroes" is played*

Raiser Blade
2008-09-06, 05:32 PM
Wow. I think with categories this generic we may see a veritable flood of participants.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-09-06, 05:37 PM
Bah! My dear Kael, where is your tradition? This modern lollygagging is robbing you of your villainy! What kind of villain lives in a penthouse? Honestly. There's no room for the important things.

I'm throwing my head into the ring. Nominate me for Villain ITP. I don't kick puppies. I make them better.

FoE
2008-09-06, 05:37 PM
Here's my campaign: don't nominate anyone for Sidekick. 'Cause that's totally lame.

ANTI-HERO!

Watch as I turn my brooding level up to 11!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d9/Spawn_Classic.jpg

Argh, I'm so dark and angsty! :smallfurious:

Kaelaroth
2008-09-06, 05:46 PM
*waves to Spawn*

My dear Fullbladder... Go to the toilet, firstly, my good man, you're worrying my concubines. 'tis rather hard for them to get urine out the leather, you know.

And, sweety, tradition just means you're predictable, old, and dusty. And, sweety, those are all things I'm not.

SurlySeraph
2008-09-06, 05:49 PM
My notes as I consider who to nominate:

Hero in the Playground
Amiria, Countess of Mispelling, because she's awesome and wants it
Mordokai, because paladins win
Saint Nil. See above.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. He was my first nemesis, he's always been my greatest nemesis, and anyone who thinks they can out-villain him is fooling themselves
Face of Evil, even if he isn't running. Do I even need to explain this?
<pending>

Damsel in the Playground
Amiria, Countess Of Mispelling, because she can have it both ways
HaleyinTraining, because she's trying for it.
<pending>

HaleyinTraining. I mean, she's in training.
KidKris
Lex-kat, because I approve of unswerving loyalty to one's leaders.

Wraithy
2008-09-06, 05:59 PM
Oh no, I'm not the only person vying for Villain itp, I need to do something villainous, and quickly.
*gets out the Joker book villainy*
Lets see...
Step 1: poison seas with Joker toxin to make all fish have Joker smiles.
Step 2: take fishermen to court over copyright infringement.
Step 3: profit.

...I liked Heath Ledger's Joker better :smalleek:

D_Lord
2008-09-06, 06:03 PM
People, creaters and monsters of Playground. You have known me for poping in at random, and doing crazy or evil things. I have plotted and set out to take over the Town and if people didn't irore me. Well I would have gone much farer. I beat the attempt to turn me to good and lawful. I killed ThePhantom in a dramatic manner. I ask for you to let me to be called what I am aVillain in the Playground!

Haleyintraining
2008-09-06, 06:05 PM
People, creaters and monsters of Playground. You have known me for poping in at random, and doing crazy or evil things. I have plotted and set out to take over the Town and if people didn't irore me. Well I would have gone much farer. I beat the attempt to turn me to good and lawful. I killed ThePhantom in a dramatic manner. I ask for you to let me to be called what I am aVillain in the Playground!
The speech is good, but the red text is what did me in. :smallwink:

2008-09-06, 06:07 PM
Not predictable? What are your plans, my dear? Seduce a few weak-willed nominees? Pah.

To be a villain requires there to be a story to be told, my dear Kael. For stories are the only place in all the world in which a true villain can exist. To become predictable is to have appeared within the weave of the story often enough for the audience to learn your usual tactics. A one-shot villain can be unpredictable. It's expected of them. But to become predictable, ah, there's the joy of it. A predictable villain is a regular villain. The one-shot villain, for all his unpredictablity, is prone to dying horribly and permenantly. Has that happened to you, Kael? I didn't think so. That is because you, like me, have become a regular in your story. You have just what you accuse me of doing. And you know what? That's to our benefit. You see the regular villain keeps coming back. He's there whenever the hero needs to advance the main plot.

And so you see, my dear, sweet, Kael, you are predictable. As am I. Oh, I may be a bit stuffier and moldier than you, but that's just something I'll wear with pride.

Now where the hell was I going with this? Oh who cares? You may be able to pick this apart with one hand, and shred any of my arguments. I don't care. I won't argue with you. I'm probably wrong is several places. But that's okay. Not every villain pulsl off the perfect monologue every time.

Lord Herman
2008-09-06, 06:10 PM
Here's my campaign: don't nominate anyone for Sidekick. That is about the lamest award I can imagine.

ANTI-HERO!

Don't do that, please. Counting the nominations is enough work as it is, without people randomly changing the categories.

*slaps FoE with rolled-up newspaper*

That said (and slapped), anti-heroes might be in a later contest in some form or another. Angst itP, anyone?

D_Lord
2008-09-06, 06:13 PM
Not predictable? What are your plans, my dear? Seduce a few weak-willed nominees? Pah.

To be a villain requires there to be a story to be told, my dear Kael. For stories are the only place in all the world in which a true villain can exist. To become predictable is to have appeared within the weave of the story often enough for the audience to learn your usual tactics. A one-shot villain can be unpredictable. It's expected of them. But to become predictable, ah, there's the joy of it. A predictable villain is a regular villain. The one-shot villain, for all his unpredictablity, is prone to dying horribly and permenantly. Has that happened to you, Kael? I didn't think so. That is because you, like me, have become a regular in your story. You have just what you accuse me of doing. And you know what? That's to our benefit. You see the regular villain keeps coming back. He's there whenever the hero needs to advance the main plot.

And so you see, my dear, sweet, Kael, you are predictable. As am I. Oh, I may be a bit stuffier and moldier than you, but that's just something I'll wear with pride.

Now where the hell was I going with this? Oh who cares? You may be able to pick this apart with one hand, and shred any of my arguments. I don't care. I won't argue with you. I'm probably wrong is several places. But that's okay. Not every villain pulsl off the perfect monologue every time.

You are correct Sir! Love the Monologue. My attack on the Town was more for plot then for real. Not that winning isn't fun. But coming back from the dead and having something worst this time is even more fun. The fun of not being really dead is that you can pull this off time and time again, like some video game Villains. They just come back for more and more, and if they win just once ... well the Hero wouldn't like it at all.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-06, 06:17 PM
Pardon me, FoE.
*Blesses his Rapier*
Ahem, anyway:
*Acrobatic Backstab*
I have something to say about that:
*Sneak Attack*
Anti-Hero =/= Angsty.

Oh, yeah, I'll speech it up or something later.

Haleyintraining
2008-09-06, 06:22 PM
Playgrounders running so far:

Hero:

Dallas Dakota
Saint Nil
Thanatos5150
Mordokai
Amiria, Countess of Mispelling
Catseye2121
Raistlin1040

Villian:

Wraithy
Kaelaroth
Dr. Bath
D Lord

Damsel:

Zar Peter
Haleyintraining
Alarra

Sidekick:

Almighty Salmon

FoE
2008-09-06, 06:28 PM
Don't do that, please. Counting the nominations is enough work as it is, without people randomly changing the categories.

Fine, but why not just change the category right now? We're not a day into the contest; it's not as though anyone has made any campaign speeches. You've added categories in the past when people lobbied for them, and you added Sidekick at Malmagor's suggestion, so it's not like the categories are set in stone from the onset.

Anti-Hero is WAY more interesting. I mean, how many nominees are there going to be for Sidekick? It's practically an insult.

"Hi, my name is (insert uncool sidekick name here). I intentionally play second fiddle to much cooler and more powerful protagonists for a living. My hobbies include getting the crap kicked out of me, being kidnapped by villains and spit-polishing the hero's boots. My full name is Ima Bitch McLameass."

That said (and slapped), anti-heroes might be in a later contest in some form or another.

Why not just run the contest for Anti-Hero now, and move on to more interesting topics later? Would ANYONE object to Sidekick being removed as a category?

Fan
2008-09-06, 06:34 PM
Watch as I turn my brooding level up to 11!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d9/Spawn_Classic.jpg

Argh, I'm so dark and angsty! :smallfurious:[/CENTER]
Nonsense, I'am the number one fan of the number one anti hero series. I will admit that you by far a better villain then I. But, your angst, and darkness is nothing comapred to mine.
may I refernece my personal favorite anti hero.(Yes, I do know of sapwn, the punisher, and all those other anti heroes this guy is just my fave for obvious reasons.)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/BubbleBuddy726/anime%20II/final%20fantasy/vincent/Vincent.jpg
I live in darkness my freind, and my life is a pit of wallowing grief. I shoot things that happen to be evil only when it would benieft me, and I refuse to obey orders.
Also my dark, and angsty song!

When I meet my maker will he close the book

On the hearts I broke and the lives I took

Will he walk away 'cause my soul's

Too late to save

So the question now is who is more dakr, and angsty me the offical representitive of the seruies that churns out anti heroes like every game? or that wannabe devil who has no RL rep of being angsty what so ever.
I have teen agnst powering me. Your powers of darkness, and decpetion are nothing compared to mine!

Morty
2008-09-06, 06:38 PM
"Hi, my name is (insert uncool sidekick name here). I intentionally play second fiddle to much cooler and more powerful protagonists for a living. My hobbies include getting the crap kicked out of me, being kidnapped by villains and spit-polishing the hero's boots. My full name is Ima Bitch McLameass."

Nonsense. Sidekicks regularily turn much cooler than heroes or are simply as cool, if in different manner. Not to mention many heroes wouldn't do squat without their trusty sidekicks. I do have a perfect exapmple, but it comes from a book you've never read...

FoE
2008-09-06, 06:40 PM
Nonsense. Sidekicks regularily turn much cooler than heroes or are simply as cool, if in different manner

Provide examples. I can't think of any sidekick that eventually outshone the hero.

Fan
2008-09-06, 06:40 PM
Nonsense. Sidekicks regularily turn much cooler than heroes or are simply as cool, if in different manner. I do have a perfect exapmple, but it comes from a book you've never read...

Madness! Sidekicks usually suck the only good one EVER was the zBucky/Cap team, and thats only becuase well it was captian America. I myself don't see the point in a side kicks catagory as we have maybe 5 potential canidates itp. While we have MANY more for anti heroes itp.

Morty
2008-09-06, 06:46 PM
Provide examples. I can't think of any sidekick that eventually outshone the hero.

Depends on what do you mean by "outshine". I don't value a character by how awesome he or she is in action, but by the amount of amusement he or she provides. And sidekicks can be interesting, plot-moving and/or just plain funny characters on their own. Think Sam, Pippin & Merry, Chewbacca or Durnik. They might not have the spotlight on them all the time, but they're needed in every story. So I belive the humble yet needed sidekicks need their category. They don't deserve to be neglected just because they're not chosen by the Plot to have cool powers.
Yeah, I'm a hopeless fan of those I'm supposed to ignore. Sue me.

Fan
2008-09-06, 06:51 PM
Depends on what do you mean by "outshine". I don't value a character by how awesome he or she is in action, but by the amount of amusement he or she provides. And sidekicks can be interesting, plot-moving and/or just plain funny characters on their own. Think Sam, Pippin & Merry, Chewbacca or Durnik. They might not have the spotlight on them all the time, but they're needed in every story. So I belive the humble yet needed sidekicks need their category. They don't deserve to be neglected just because they're not chosen by the Plot to have cool powers.
Only ONE of those is worth ANYTHING. thats all I have to say. you have blashpemied by even MENTIONING Merry, and Pippin. In my mind thats a reason to abolish the catagory completely. Honestly Pippin what is this world coming to.

happyturtle
2008-09-06, 06:51 PM
I will be nominating my hench-pixie Lex-kat for sidekick itp.

Also: Baldrick. That is all.

Morty
2008-09-06, 06:52 PM
Only ONE of those is worth ANYTHING. thats all I have to say. you have blashpemied by even MENTIONING Merry, and Pippin. In my mind thats a reason to abolish the catagory completely. Honestly Pippin what is this world coming to.

Might I draw your attention to where I mention that character's worth isn't measured by his or her power? Pippin and Merry were a nice comedic relief in dead-serious LoTR. Naturally, I'm talking about the book here, although they're done quite well in the movie.

FoE
2008-09-06, 06:53 PM
Merry and Pippin were pretty superflous to the plot of LOTR, and Sam was easily more the Hero than Frodo. Chewbacca was cool, but not cooler than Han Solo. (And throughout the entire plot of Star Wars, he didn't really do anything particularly important.) I don't recognize the name "Durnik."

Baldrick wasn't exactly so much "cool" as he was pathetic. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2008-09-06, 06:54 PM
I'm running for henchpixie sidekick in the playground.

How many other sidekicks will change alignment for their mistress? Hmm?

I am a complete follower of my mistress HappyTurtle and will go where ever she goes. AMEN, GLoG, doesn't matter to me. As long as I am with her.

Morty
2008-09-06, 06:56 PM
Merry and Pippin were pretty superflous to the plot of LOTR, and Sam was easily more the Hero than Frodo. Chewbacca was cool, but not cooler than Han Solo. (And throughout the entire plot of Star Wars, he didn't really do anything particularly important.)

Yes, they might not be crucial to the plot itself. But the story, as seen by the audience, wouldn't be the same without them. Can you imagine SW without Chewie? Not to mention that if a sidekick does manage to be "cool", it's quite an achievment, because while he or she will be usually less "cool" than hero, s/he's not supposed to be, so it's an uphill battle for spotlight.

I don't recognize the name "Durnik."

He's from Belgariad by David Eddings. He was main protagonist's friend and sidekick, the protagonits in question being rather dense and annoying.

Fan
2008-09-06, 06:58 PM
Might I draw your attention to where I mention that character's worth isn't measured by his or her power? Pippin and Merry were a nice comedic relief in dead-serious LoTR. Naturally, I'm talking about the book here, although they're done quite well in the movie.
the comic relief is just that comedic. It holds no value otherwise, hell the scene with the witch king seems more forced to me as all he did in the ENITRE story was distract people. Besides comdey is like the lowest form of entertainment on the planet.

Morty
2008-09-06, 07:01 PM
the comic relief is just that comedic. It holds no value otherwise, hell the scene with the witch king seems more forced to me as all he did in the ENITRE story was distract people. Besides comdey is like the lowest form of entertainment on the planet.

Oh dear. Yes, Merry & Pippin are a comedic relief you don't consider to be very good. It doesn't mean sidekicks are supposed to do only that.
I could go on a long rant how anti-heroes are angsty kids who are really heroes or villains who don't like to admit it and try to be something cooler. But I don't, since it'd be blatantly untrue.

Madmal
2008-09-06, 07:03 PM
Nodwick (http://nodwick.humor.gamespy.com/gamespyarchive/index.php?date=2008-08-08):smallamused:

FoE
2008-09-06, 07:05 PM
I can imagine Star Wars without Chewie. I can't imagine it without R2-D2.

Look, my whole point is: besides Lex-Kat (who's really more of a Minion), how many Sidekicks are we going to see? Anti-Hero is way more applicable to most Playgrounders.

Or if you must stick with Sidekick, at least change the name to something interesting, like Henchman. A Henchman can at least be a Dragon (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheDragon) or a generic Mook. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Mooks)

Morty
2008-09-06, 07:08 PM
*Shrug* Really, I don't care overmuch what categories are there. I just objected to the claim that secondary characters are worthless. And I wouldn't have any problem with being qualified as Sidekick.

Lex-Kat
2008-09-06, 07:11 PM
Look, my whole point is: besides Lex-Kat (who's really more of a Minion),]

I am not a minion. I'm a fully unionized Henchpixie willinly in the service of Mistress Turtle!

Fan
2008-09-06, 07:12 PM
*Shrug* Really, I don't care overmuch what categories are there. I just objected to the claim that secondary characters are worthless. And I wouldn't have any problem with being qualified as Sidekick.

There's a reaspn theyare called side charecters M0rt, I'm not sayuing thast we shouldn't do sidekick ever, I'm saying that we should adress the catagory with the most candiates first. :smallsmile:

Haleyintraining
2008-09-06, 07:13 PM
Hello playground. I will write a campaign speech eventually, but I can't right now. I'm locked in a tower, and the mice are chewing at the computer cords. But as soon as my hero comes and rescues me, I'll write a long and lengthy speech. I promise.

happyturtle
2008-09-06, 07:31 PM
Lord Magtok is clearly Villian itp. There's no question about it. He's the master of the villianous monologue.

Lord Magtok
2008-09-06, 07:33 PM
Campaign Speech/Commerical
I've been a villain. I've done bad things. I was an AMENite for over a year, and I was a terrible person. But one day, I realized that all the pain and suffering I was causing wasn't doing anything worthwhile, and I left AMEN, and joined HALO, back in its days as something akin to the Justice League.

That was your reason why? I could've sworn it was for the sex. :smalltongue:

Lord Magtok is clearly Villian itp. There's no question about it. He's the master of the villianous monologue.

Indeed, but I got the last Villain itp trophy. Let the other folk have a chance, I'm sittting out this time.

Fan
2008-09-06, 07:35 PM
I agree, but I think this would be the second time this has come up, because Lord Magtok itp has already been done.

Lex-Kat
2008-09-06, 08:05 PM
There's a reaspn theyare called side charecters M0rt, I'm not sayuing thast we shouldn't do sidekick ever, I'm saying that we should adress the catagory with the most candiates first. :smallsmile:

That's bad reasoning fanboy. With that reasoning, we'd NEVER do sidekick.

My nominations, when the nominations open up.

Hero itp

Amiria, Countess of Mispelling
Saint Nil
Mordokai

Villain itp

Vespe Ratavo
Lord Fullbladder, Master Of Goblins
Kaelaroth

Damsel itp

Alarra
HaleyInTraining
Happyturtle

Sidkick

Almighty Salmon
Atreyu, The masked llama
KidKris

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-06, 08:08 PM
Nomination thread isn't up yet.

Lex-Kat
2008-09-06, 08:28 PM
So. Now I'll remember who I'm nominating later, when it does show up.

Raistlin1040
2008-09-06, 08:30 PM
That was your reason why? I could've sworn it was for the sex. :smalltongue:

Well that was part of it. But sex is heroic. Just ask James Bond.

New Slogan: Vote for Raistlin, and not feel guilty about being a nymphomaniac :smalltongue:

Player_Zero
2008-09-06, 08:48 PM
Player Zero
Almightly Salmon
Atreyu, The masked llama

Heh. Can I be the plucky comic relief? :smalltongue:

D_Lord
2008-09-06, 08:50 PM
Heh. Can I be the plucky comic relief? :smalltongue:

You can be comic relief, and for my destroy and ruin and hurt a lot of the dog toop, like rape the dog only worst, I turn you into a dog and then do that to you.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-06, 08:50 PM
New Slogan: Vote for Raistlin, and not feel guilty about being a nymphomaniac :smalltongue:

Why would anyone? Sex is a natural, beautiful, and altogether Holy thing.

FoE
2008-09-06, 09:20 PM
Why would anyone? Sex is a natural, beautiful, and altogether Holy thing.

That's what I told the judge, and he still found me guilty on all charges! :smallfurious:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-06, 09:24 PM
That's what I told the judge, and he still found me guilty! :smallfurious:

Qualifiers: Assuming all bodies involved consent, while clear-headed and capable of making such a decision.

Ashen Lilies
2008-09-06, 09:36 PM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/KidKrisAvatar-1.pnghttp://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/KidKrisAvatar2.pnghttp://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/PosingKidKris2.png
VOTE ME FOR SIDEKICK ITP!
I based my whole account on the concept. Now that's dedication.

FoE
2008-09-06, 09:47 PM
ARGH! I give up!

Vote Face of Evil for Hero itP! He's the Anti-Heroingest!

The Bushranger
2008-09-06, 09:48 PM
Vote for BR for Hero ItP!

And I'm so nominating De for Damsel...

Saint Nil
2008-09-06, 09:49 PM
My speech for Hero In The Playground.
Is a hero a person who destroys evil on sight? A warrior who delivers unwavering justice? No. A hero is a person who shows the strength to forgive wickedness. A hero is one who treads not on the path of vengeance, but instead is willing to love his enemy. A hero is someone who realizes that evil is not something you are born with, but a choice. A choice you can change.

Yes, evil must be destroyed. But do we not destroy evil when we covert it to good? Is it a weakness to show mercy? No, it shows strength. It shows courage. It shows hope. Hope that every evil can be forgiven, that every one deserves the chance to live the life of goodness. That is what a hero is.

Vote Saint Nil Hero in the playground, and lets show the world what a hero truly is.

Lex-Kat
2008-09-06, 10:07 PM
Lex-kat's speech for sidekick itp

Some of you know me, some don't. Some insult me, others just don't care to. I am the loyal Henchpixie of Happyturtle. I have been with her for a while now. And we have had some great times.

I'm no ordinary sidekick. I don't get in the way of PLOT, I don't get captured just so that my mistress has to take the time to save me. I'm one with her. We are equals, but I serve her just the same.

But I'm also very loyal to her. And will do nearly anything she asks me to. When Happyturtle first asked me to be her henchpixie, I was happy to, but didn't think anything about it. But as we got to know each other, I realized that I could never serve another, the way I serve her. And so I stay by her side.

And that is what makes me Sidekick itp. Please vote for me. Thank you.

Ashen Lilies
2008-09-06, 10:09 PM
Drat. Competition. Oh well, I'll nominate you. Because you are a true sidekick.:smallsmile:

Fan
2008-09-06, 10:10 PM
Vote Fanboy hero itp. Anti Heres do the job much better than anybody else.

Uncle Festy
2008-09-06, 10:18 PM
Hmm…
I might run for sidekick, but I have no chance of winning.
The problem with the contest is that there are three good awards, but only one evil award. I demand something like evil lieutenant or random mook!
*pulls out a sign with something to the effect of 'equal rights for evil!'*
*starts handing out similar signs to anyone who wants*

Phase
2008-09-06, 10:22 PM
Meh. I don't know who to vote for, so I wont.

Griever
2008-09-06, 10:24 PM
*frowns* Ya see, one of these days I would like to run for something.

Hmmmm, I've got it!!!

Griever (The Ebil LLama's minion) for sidekick itp!!!!

Think about all the sidekicky things I do! I provide food, Candyland games and an easy fall if the ebil llama lord ever decides to change his alignment due to a seductive offering of tacos!

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-06, 10:26 PM
Blah, blah
"I'm running for anti-hero! I'm Angsty! I think Angsty protagonist means Anti-hero!"
Get over yourself.

Campagin speech forthcoming. For real, this time.

Fan
2008-09-06, 10:27 PM
Blah, blah
"I'm running for anti-hero! I'm Angsty! I think Angsty protagonist means Anti-hero!"
Get over yourself.

Campagin speech forthcoming. For real, this time.

Last I checked by story elements a protaginst IS the hero of the story. Get over yourself buddy. :smallmad:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-06, 10:29 PM
Last I checked by story elements a protaginst IS the hero of the story. Get over yourself buddy. :smallmad:

Read closer: "I think agnsty protagonist means anti-hero".
Also, while the protagonist is usually the Hero, usually does not mean "always is".
Referance, if you will, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Billy, our protaganist, is quite clearly an anti-villian, whereas his nemsis (Who also happens to be our antagonist), Captain Hammer, is also as clearly an anti-hero.

Fan
2008-09-06, 10:32 PM
Read closer: "I think agnsty protagonist means anti-hero".
Also, while the protagonist is usually the Hero, usually does not mean "always is".
Referance, if you will, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Billy, our protaganist, is quite clearly an anti-villian, whereas his nemsis (Who also happens to be our antagonist), Captain Hammer, is also as clearly an anti-hero.
Its called a sing along blog for a reason. >.>
Also if you dont like Anti Heroes thats your problem, dont insult us to further your own cuase. We dont call you mister goody two shoes now do we?

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-06, 10:36 PM
... Because its a musical? Its still a story and comprised of story elements.

And I didn't say I disliked anti-heros, just the interpretation that Anti-Hero = Angsty.
I believe I've posted this earlier on the last page:
Anti-Hero =/= Angsty

May I compose my campagin speech, now?

Griever
2008-09-06, 10:39 PM

The word "protagonist" derives from the Greek πρωταγωνιστής (protagonistes), "one who plays the first part, chief actor." Source (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=protagonist&searchmode=none)

Before correcting someone else, make sure you are correct.

An example of the protagonist NOT being a hero would be Dr. Faustus, in the play of the same name. Long story made short, he sold his soul for knowledge, believing himself to have beat the system, and ended up paying the ultimate price in the end.

Pretty classic piece of work, a decent read, a great discussion topic for class.

Fan
2008-09-06, 10:41 PM
The word "protagonist" derives from the Greek πρωταγωνιστής (protagonistes), "one who plays the first part, chief actor." Source (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=protagonist&searchmode=none)

Before correcting someone else, make sure you are correct.

An example of the protagonist NOT being a hero would be Dr. Faustus, in the play of the same name. Long story made short, he sold his soul for knowledge, believing himself to have beat the system, and ended up paying the ultimate price in the end.

Pretty classic piece of work, a decent read, a great discussion topic for class.
That seems more liek a tragdey to me.

Raiser Blade
2008-09-06, 10:41 PM
Get over yourself buddy. :smallmad:

Pot meet kettle.

D_Lord
2008-09-06, 10:46 PM
Why so catch up in anti-heros. You need the villain for greatness.

Fan
2008-09-06, 10:47 PM
Pot meet kettle.
If your implying that I'm as full of myself as he is. Your very wrong. I haven't stopped to using insults in past campigns as well as in this one to further my goals.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-09-06, 10:48 PM
Pot meet kettle.
I resemble that remark!
In all seriousness, I apologise for my undue mocking.
Pretty odd that topics in the past two itP contests got under my skin (The portryal of ninja in the media and the interpretation of the word anti-hero). I hearby resolve to be civil for the rest of the contest.

I'll put it on my "to read" list.

That seems more liek a tragdey to me.

A Tragedy is still a story.

Griever
2008-09-06, 10:51 PM
If you're implying that I'm as full of myself as he is, you're very wrong. I haven't stooped to using insults in past campaigns or this one to further my goals.

Campaign advice - Take time for your posts and make them as meaningful as possible. As simple a thing as a quick proofread could mean all the difference.

In my eyes, ample misspellings and simple mistakes implies rashness, which is not a positive trait to me; although it might be to others.

Oh, and thanatos: "Dr. Faustus" was written by Christopher Marlowe if memory serves, just fyi. Can't wait to see your speech if you find the time to write it. :smallwink:

Eldritch Knight
2008-09-06, 11:06 PM
Hm...

Nominate me for Sidekick in the playground!

((Why would I want to be a sidekick? Ponder for a while, and you will see why it's an obvious choice!)

Firestar27
2008-09-06, 11:12 PM
HOLY BANANAS [INSERT OBJECT/ADJECTIVE HERE]MAN!
IT'S FIRESTAR27 RUNNING FOR SIDEKICK ITP!

Sidekicks are an irreplacable part of any story. How could there be Batman without Robin? How could there be Sherlock Holmes without Watson? How could there be Superman without Krypto the Superdog? How could there be Frodo without Samwise? How could there be Han Solo without Chewbacca? Or Hiro Nakamura without Ando Masahashi? There is no hero without the sidekick.

Even Wikipedia says that sidekicks are irreplacable. "The "kick" is the front side pocket of a pair of trousers, and was found to be the pocket safest from theft. Thus the "side-kick" became an inseparable companion."

The sidekick provides emotional support. That is very important when the hero is trying to deal with the fact that the villain escaped again and killed people because he refused to kill the villain. The sidekick also provides comic relief. Without those two forms of emotional support, the hero would quickly become an angsty anti-hero. (Admittedly, this isn't the only kind of anti-hero, but it is a common stereotype.) The sidekick also helps explain the hero to the audience. And without the sidekick, we'd be missing valuable exposition. Without that exposition, the audience would be completely lost.

Only someone who truely understands his role can perform it well.
Vote Firestar27 for Sidekick In the Playground.
For he truely knows what a sidekick must do.

Fan
2008-09-07, 12:24 AM
Campaign advice - Take time for your posts and make them as meaningful as possible. As simple a thing as a quick proofread could mean all the difference.

In my eyes, ample misspellings and simple mistakes implies rashness, which is not a positive trait to me; although it might be to others.

Oh, and thanatos: "Dr. Faustus" was written by Christopher Marlowe if memory serves, just fyi. Can't wait to see your speech if you find the time to write it. :smallwink:

I'm a bad speller, and my grammar sucks. So sue me.

Phase
2008-09-07, 01:20 AM
Anti-Hero =/= Angsty

Exactly! Anti-Hero just means that the hero doesn't care how many people he has to kill and/or beat the crap out of to win!

Fan
2008-09-07, 01:34 AM
Exactly! Anti-Hero just means that the hero doesn't care how many people he has to kill and/or beat the crap out of to win!

Then I will refence the town PLOT known as turtle soup in which I butchered an entire army of mag bots, and would have killed Lord Magtok himself if a God hadn't intervened. I'll quote the post in which I did it here in a second.:smallamused:

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 01:41 AM
Ladies And Gentlemen, Please Stand Up For Alexeduardo!

Serously, stand up or I'll shoot.

That won't be necessary, ol' chap, I think I can handle them myself.

Okay Everybody! Listen Up! I have worked long and hard to develop this Stereotypical Villian Persona and I mean to win this contest!

Aye, Sir!

I Am the incarnation of a Villian. I have everything a hero needs in his nemesis. Some of which includes:

Dementia
Evil Plots To Take Over The World
Lots of bombs in my lair for some reason.
An affinity to taking hostages
Ethnicity
A Rocket Launcher on My Back
The Willingness to send my minions to battle while they're still high on opium

And Many More!

I mean, look at me! I'm a rulebook Hollywood Evil! And I'm Mexican!
What Else would you want on a Villian?
Class? Yes, I have class, I don't do it for the money. I do it for the dinero.

Also, yes, I'm making this up as I go. What's more Villian-like than that?

So, do you know who to vote for on this election?
Well, do ya, punk?

((I'm Alexeduardo and I approve this message))

Ashen Lilies
2008-09-07, 01:43 AM
CAMPAIGN SPEECH

Heroes. The definition(s) of a Hero is this.
hero (plural heroes)

1. A real or mythical person of great bravery who carries out extraordinary deeds.
2. A role model.
3. The main protagonist in a work of fiction.
4. A champion.
5. A large sandwich made from meats and cheeses.

It is a Hero's duty to defend the innocent. To protect them from those who would use them for their own ends. But if the Heroes defend the people, who defends the Heroes? Who guards the Hero's back? Who provides support for the Heroes, both physically and emotionally? Who stands out of the way, while the Heroes get all the glory? In fact, who gets kidnapped time and time again to give the Heroes someone to save?

The Sidekicks. The sidekicks are the true heroes of the world. They may not be as famous or as powerful as the Heroes, but that doesn't stop them from trying. How many Heroes would exist if they didn't have a sidekick to push them out of the way of the Villain's Dastardly and quite Diabolical Death Dealing Device (tm)? How many Heroes would exist without a sidekick telling them that they need to keep fighting on, or even that they should stop? The sidekicks are the unsung heroes of the Super world, fighting crime on a daily basis without getting so much as a Front Page article. Show your gratitude for these stalwart helpers by voting me for Sidekick in the Playground!

In need of Help?
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/VoteforKidKris.png
Spread the word.

Boo
2008-09-07, 01:59 AM
"Vote for me for Viwain ITP!! What's more viwainous than a 6 year-old geneticist that steals buttons!? There's lots of things, but these guys aren't one of them!"

Of course, Benny is referring to 'Villain ITP' not Viwain ITP' which doesn't exist... yet.

"Also! I'm a doctor!! See!? I have a PhD!!"

Benny shows everyone a piece of bloody paper with the letters "PhD" written in crayon on it.

Phase
2008-09-07, 02:07 AM
Then I will refence the town PLOT known as turtle soup in which I butchered an entire army of mag bots, and would have killed Lord Magtok himself if a God hadn't intervened. I'll quote the post in which I did it here in a second.:smallamused:

Actually... I think that's just sociopathy...

*Cough*

Fan
2008-09-07, 02:09 AM

Actually... I think that's just sociopathy...

*Cough*
It was to save the love of my chars life. I thionk thats more anti heroey.

Bitzeralisis
2008-09-07, 02:31 AM
Holy BSoD! It's... it's Heroes! It's... it's Villains! It's...

A pop culture reference! :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-07, 02:31 AM
Vote DD for Hero itp!

Anti-heroes because, AH owns. (http://ah.indolents.com/comic)

Fan
2008-09-07, 04:59 AM
Vote DD for Hero itp!

Anti-heroes because, AH owns. (http://ah.indolents.com/comic)

But, your not a hero. At all. >.> I actually save Damesls in distress on a weekly basis.

Ashen Lilies
2008-09-07, 05:02 AM
And I help! I in fact, have not been a major character in any plot whatsoever, instead, 'just helping.' Another reason to vote me for Sidekick ITP!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-07, 05:04 AM
But, your not a hero. At all. >.> I actually save Damesls in distress on a weekly basis.
Your avatar includes the darkness.

You're a FRICKIN' VAMPIRE!

Somewhere along the way, my brains just don't accept the concept of a 'good' vampire. Who is actually nice and stuff who saves damsels in distress.

My brains just don't accept it.

Ashen Lilies
2008-09-07, 05:09 AM
Exhibit A (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89166)

Exhibit B (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90081)

Need more proof of Fanboy's Anti-Hero-ness?

Fan
2008-09-07, 05:28 AM
Your avatar includes the darkness.

You're a FRICKIN' VAMPIRE!

Somewhere along the way, my brains just don't accept the concept of a 'good' vampire. Who is actually nice and stuff who saves damsels in distress.

My brains just don't accept it.

Exhibit A (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89166)

Exhibit B (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90081)

Need more proof of Fanboy's Anti-Hero-ness?
You my freind have just been schooled.:smallamused:

Kaelaroth
2008-09-07, 06:30 AM
*studio laughter, as I take centre stage*

Well, hi there. I'ts come to my attention that there are people who actually think they're more villainous than I. Let's look at the facts, shall we?

*henchwenches usher in large projector screen*

Let's begin, only one person beign smashed into the pus-filled ground in this post. Alexeduardo is not an archvillain, a recurring villain, or any other form of major villain. First off: Stereotypes. Stereotypes don't make a villain. In fact, they annoy a viewer hero, because it's just so damn cliché. Taking hostages? Puh! That'll just backfire when one of them, by the power of annoyingly omnipotent narrative, turns out to the hero's little baby brother, and/or henchpixie, and tries to kill you. Or detonates the bomb. Or slices off your hand. Whatever. Hostages = Unsubtle, and a baaad plan.

A rocket launcher on your back? Great, the hero can literally fight a spineless villain!

*studio laughter*

On topic, though dementia and plots don't mix. To be honest, we all know your plots will fail, because you too insane to come up with any realistic ones, and you don't have enough viewer public backing to make your insanity into super-sanity, like the Joker. And, as you're insane, we know that eventually some good-hearted 4400 named Shawn Farrell powered personage will heal your mental problems, and make your lovely and mentally content.

So, "alexeduardo", no, you're not a villain. You're a bit-part. :smallsigh:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-07, 06:45 AM
FF, sorry if I don't keep up with your dozens of spam/rp in the town.
While you may act good, while you may seem good, while you may actually try to be good, you're still a fricken vampire.

*studio laughter, as I take centre stage*

Well, hi there. I'ts come to my attention that there are people who actually think they're more villainous than I. Let's look at the facts, shall we?

*henchwenches usher in large projector screen*

Let's begin, only one person beign smashed into the pus-filled ground in this post. Alexeduardo is not an archvillain, a recurring villain, or any other form of major villain. First off: Stereotypes. Stereotypes don't make a villain. In fact, they annoy a viewer hero, because it's just so damn cliché. Taking hostages? Puh! That'll just backfire when one of them, by the power of annoyingly omnipotent narrative, turns out to the hero's little baby brother, and/or henchpixie, and tries to kill you. Or detonates the bomb. Or slices off your hand. Whatever. Hostages = Unsubtle, and a baaad plan.

A rocket launcher on your back? Great, the hero can literally fight a spineless villain!

*studio laughter*

On topic, though dementia and plots don't mix. To be honest, we all know your plots will fail, because you too insane to come up with any realistic ones, and you don't have enough viewer public backing to make your insanity into super-sanity, like the Joker. And, as oyu're insane, we know that eventually some good-hearted 4400 named Shawn Farrell powered personage will heal your mental problems, and make your lovely and mentally content.

So, "alexeduardo", no, you're not a villain. You're a bit-part. :smallsigh:
Not to mention that he's actually neutral.
And who ever heard of neutral villains?:smallconfused:

Fan
2008-09-07, 06:55 AM
FF, sorry if I don't keep up with your dozens of spam/rp in the town.
While you may act good, while you may seem good, while you may actually try to be good, you're still a fricken vampire.

Okay mister judge someone because they have a disease. That barely qualifies as a NUETRAL act. Are you sure your a hero? Also I've saved multiple people on nultiple occasions. All I've ever sen you do is give otu the ococasional hug, or butcher someone.

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 07:15 AM
Hmm. It's 5 AM and I have nothing better to do, so I guess I'm going to have to say...

:eek:FELIXAAR FOR DAMSEL IN THE PLAYGROUND!:eek:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3074/justwrongkc2.jpg

Why? Why, you ask? Because it's fun. Because some times the hard working men just want to have a bit of fun, have a bit of a rest and sit around - thankfully gaining a nice breeze around the privates - in their various pink dresses (even though pink clashes horribly with my hair. Yellow is more my colour).

So why do I deserve it more than any of the other men around here who wear dresses? Cause I admit it! And I'm totally not making any of this up :smallwink: not to mention that like all men, I think I'd make a great women. So long as I was attractive. [/chauvinism] I kid, I kid.

But the simple fact of the matter is that every now and then, the brave heroes of the day just want to sit back and let the women do the work. Okay, I kid, that's what we always want to do, but them gal's have busy lifestyles, and would probably stop rescuing us if we didn't rescue them to start with.

Ultimately that's how relationships work, y'kno? Atleast in the good old days (where we walked up hill to our dungeons, BOTH ways). Romance was just one valiant partner saving the other after the next, not to mention the usual post-heroics romp :smallamused: and ofcourse there was the occasional time when we'd team up, or just sit back an have a deus ex machina. But have you ever seen hot chicks killing evil old men? It's hot, dude, why totally...

I think I've gone a little of track here :smallsigh:

Support me! And I will let down my hair or grant you three wishes or something like that.

Oh, I should also point out that I probably have longer hair than most girls in this competition anyway - though I could be horribly wrong - as mine stretches down past my butt. Uhhn! ooh yeah!

So, various voters, I hear you saying "Hmm, I want to vote Felixaar for Damsel itP, because of his amazing charisma and pretty hair, but I don't think I have enough reasons yet."

Well, I've got the fixer for you.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/7719/felinatm6.jpg

After all, what Damsel doesn't have a small, cute little pet to be her one and only companion, her best friend while she is under the watchful eye of evil old men, waiting for her heroic... hero, to come rescue her? It's like a class feature, damn it!

This little kitty's name is Felina, and we're the best of friends! Except for that time she tried to eat my toes, but then, who among us can honestly say they never tried to eat their best friends toes while they slept? Nobody, that's who!

Vote for me! I have a kitty!

JasonDoomsblade
2008-09-07, 07:20 AM
Haven't entered one of these in awhile. So........

Jason Doomsblade for Hero itP

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 07:41 AM
There are many Villains in the playground, so why Wraithy?

There is much madness in the playground, so why Wraithy?

There is much plotting in the playground, but not Wraithy.

So why vote for a villain without an evil scheme? Why Wraithy?

Because villains aren't their plans, they are their deeds, that's why Wraithy.

What deeds are these, what deeds by Wraithy.

The most evil of all, a time wasting Wraithy.

And you can't have it back, not from Wraithy.

Vote Wraithy for Villain itp because he's wasting your time, now that's evil.

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 07:44 AM
Hmm. Hope I don't suffer a lack of publicity from being on the wrong end of a page...

Look back a page, playgrounders! Second last post!

Screw it, I'm just going to quote myself. Sorry if this seems like flooding, I'll take it down if it does...

Hmm. It's 5 AM and I have nothing better to do, so I guess I'm going to have to say...

:eek:FELIXAAR FOR DAMSEL IN THE PLAYGROUND!:eek:

Why? Why, you ask? Because it's fun. Because some times the hard working men just want to have a bit of fun, have a bit of a rest and sit around - thankfully gaining a nice breeze around the privates - in their various pink dresses (even though pink clashes horribly with my hair. Yellow is more my colour).

So why do I deserve it more than any of the other men around here who wear dresses? Cause I admit it! And I'm totally not making any of this up :smallwink: not to mention that like all men, I think I'd make a great women. So long as I was attractive. [/chauvinism] I kid, I kid.

But the simple fact of the matter is that every now and then, the brave heroes of the day just want to sit back and let the women do the work. Okay, I kid, that's what we always want to do, but them gal's have busy lifestyles, and would probably stop rescuing us if we didn't rescue them to start with.

Ultimately that's how relationships work, y'kno? Atleast in the good old days (where we walked up hill to our dungeons, BOTH ways). Romance was just one valiant partner saving the other after the next, not to mention the usual post-heroics romp :smallamused: and ofcourse there was the occasional time when we'd team up, or just sit back an have a deus ex machina. But have you ever seen hot chicks killing evil old men? It's hot, dude, why totally...

I think I've gone a little of track here :smallsigh:

Support me! And I will let down my hair or grant you three wishes or something like that.

Oh, I should also point out that I probably have longer hair than most girls in this competition anyway - though I could be horribly wrong - as mine stretches down past my butt. Uhhn! ooh yeah!

So, various voters, I hear you saying "Hmm, I want to vote Felixaar for Damsel itP, because of his amazing charisma and pretty hair, but I don't think I have enough reasons yet."

After all, what Damsel doesn't have a small, cute little pet to be her one and only companion, her best friend while she is under the watchful eye of evil old men, waiting for her heroic... hero, to come rescue her? It's like a class feature, damn it!

This little kitty's name is Felina, and we're the best of friends! Except for that time she tried to eat my toes, but then, who among us can honestly say they never tried to eat their best friends toes while they slept? Nobody, that's who!

Calamity
2008-09-07, 07:47 AM
Great, I can so see myself nominated for Damsel when Zero gets here. :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:

I'm more of an Anti-hero anyway. Not that that's gonna help me.

Fan
2008-09-07, 07:48 AM
Great, I can so see myself nominated for Damsel when Zero gets here. :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:

I'm more of an Anti-hero anyway. Not that that's gonna help me.
Well I'm gonna be PZ to it.
Calamity for Damsel ITP!

Calamity
2008-09-07, 07:53 AM
Great, so the only chance I have at winning a trophy that comes along is this? Typical. :smalltongue:

On a side note: You may want to save your anti-hero campaigning for a later date. When it's actually a category? I know I am. :P

Fan
2008-09-07, 07:55 AM
Great, so the only chance I have at winning a trophy that comes along is this? Typical. :smalltongue:

On a side note: You may want to save your anti-hero campaigning for a later date. When it's actually a category? I know I am. :P
I'm going for Hero itp. Anti Hero is merely a future target. Also cant Anti heroes be heroes to.:smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-07, 07:58 AM
I see being a vampire more as a infliction which affects your lifestyle and your character.

But you say you, a vampire, get healed by holy water 'n stuff?

Kids these days......

I mean, I know some crazy homebrewers, but this....

Vote the cookiemonster for Hero itp!
Because who spreaded the goody-ness of cookies around the world? The cookiemonster did.
Because who eats both healthy and delicious, the cookiemonster does? This is a subversion of the cookiemonster and in no way does he have to nom fruit and veggies whenever it comes up, even though he was the veggie master in the most recent Fatbelly WW. (http://www.oliverwillis.com/2008/06/20/cookie-monster-defends-his-honor-vs-colbert/)
Who gives cookies to the hungry and steal them from the evil? The cookiemonster does.
Who has Bor for a E-brother? DD does!:smallamused:

So nominate AND vote the cookie monster/llama(thats me, Dallas-Dakota) for hero itp!

And if that doesn't convince you, the fact that while you were listening to my speech, I'm Da Rogue stole all your money, jewelry, loot, weapons, epic stuff and other various items you may had among you, will, because if you don't, she'l give none of it back.
Thenks 'sis, 'course you get the 40%.

Lord Herman
2008-09-07, 07:59 AM
@FF fanboy: You might want to save that banner for later, then. I don't want people thinking anti-hero is a category and nominating people for it, making a mess of the nominations.

Fan
2008-09-07, 08:01 AM
@FF fanboy: You might want to save that banner for later, then. I don't want people thinking anti-hero is a category and nominating people for it, making a mess of the nominations.
I'm jsut using it to represent my angsty approach to heroism. that, and i dont feel like pestering KK to change it.

Calamity
2008-09-07, 08:02 AM
As said before, angst =/= anti-heroism.

Fan
2008-09-07, 08:04 AM
As said before, angst =/= anti-heroism.
Once again. Pot meet kettle.:smalltongue:

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 08:04 AM
I'm going for Hero itp. Anti Hero is merely a future target. Also cant Anti heroes be heroes to.:smallwink:

NO! They have to sit in the naughty corner with a dunce hat on for being cooler than regular heroes!
(If I could make an avatar of FF fanboyy doing this, I would).

Calamity
2008-09-07, 08:07 AM
Once again. Pot meet kettle.:smalltongue:

And how exactly was my previous statement hypocritical?

Fan
2008-09-07, 08:08 AM
And how exactly was my previous statement hypocritical?
I was implying that your statement was like the pot calling the kettle black. which means you yourself seem rather angsty to me.

Calamity
2008-09-07, 08:10 AM
How exactly is saying that 'anti-hero =/= angsty' is angsty? :smallconfused:

Fan
2008-09-07, 08:12 AM
How exactly is saying that 'anti-hero =/= angsty' is angsty? :smallconfused:
I was saying that YOU seemed angsty to me. You see I have already confused the damsel. now all I have to od isthe upper arm grab to disable him entirely.

Ashen Lilies
I'm jsut using it to represent my angsty approach to heroism. that, and i dont feel like pestering KK to change it.

Damn right you don't. It's nearly bedtime and I have school for a week, so the earliest I can change it is next Saturday.

Lord Herman
@FF fanboy: If you want to get voted for Hero itP with that banner, at least change the text next to it to 'vote me hero itp' instead of 'vote me anti-hero itp'.

Calamity
2008-09-07, 08:14 AM
I'm angsty now, am I? Well, that's a new one on me.

...Whatever. And if you don't get the reference here, you're losing your fanboy status :P

:smalltongue:

Fan
2008-09-07, 08:16 AM
@FF fanboy: If you want to get voted for Hero itP with that banner, at least change the text next to it to 'vote me hero itp' instead of 'vote me anti-hero itp'.

Okay. It has been done.

@ Calamity: Its the tiefling thing.

Kaelaroth
2008-09-07, 08:17 AM
Why so catch up in anti-heros. You need the villain for greatness.

So why have you? :smallconfused::smallamused:

*studio laughter*

Calamity
2008-09-07, 08:27 AM
@ Calamity: Its the tiefling thing.

Speciesist. :smalltongue:

Fan
2008-09-07, 08:31 AM
Speciesist. :smalltongue:

Tiefling isn't a speices its a SUB spieces (People did the same thing to me about vampire, and i'm not really serious.)

Lord Herman
2008-09-07, 08:35 AM
Tiefling isn't a speices its a SUB spieces (People did the same thing to me about vampire, and i'm not really serious.)

Tieflings are untermenschen? :smallconfused:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-07, 08:42 AM
Support me for Hero itp! I even have my own Damsel in Distress!(Felixaar, who you should vote for Damsell in Distress itp!)

And look, I have a shiny banner! V look down! V

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 09:01 AM
Oh yeah. You so often find that you so desperately want to vote for Felixaar... but also Dallas Dakota! Now you can do it in some unified sweep! beat that, loosers!

Save me, luke DD! Save me!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-07, 09:05 AM
*flies up to stone castle tower window, with unseen cape wavering in the wind, riding the cookie llama(he can fly)*

Come M'lady, (Because Damsels are generally female) or would you prefer to stick around a bit?

The Bushranger
2008-09-07, 09:42 AM
My speech!

Vote Bushranger for Hero ItP!

He flies through the air with the greatest of ease. :smallbiggrin:

He's done his part against the Playground's evilest villians! Magtok and Draken want him dead, isn't that one heck of a ringing endorsement right there? :smallamused:

He's also worked to try and convert villians to the side of good. It hasn't always worked (and, in one case, spectaculary backfired), but that's an E for Effort! :smallsmile:

He's even fought in a massive battle against an army of darkness! :smallcool:

And the girls love him, even though he has no idea why... :smallredface:

So, vote Bushranger for Hero ItP!!

And while you're at it, write in De on your Damsel ItP ballot, would you?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-07, 09:46 AM
Sadly, thats not allowed, since she's not currently active.

Haleyintraining
2008-09-07, 10:21 AM
Calamity for Damsel ITP!
No. Vote me!!! Come on, don't vote Calamity. Please? :smallfrown:

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 10:38 AM
:smallsigh: I need a nemesis, all the big villains have a sworn enemy: Superman has Spiderman, McDonals has health, and Eddie Murphy has comedy.

Who dares fight me?

Haleyintraining
2008-09-07, 11:18 AM
I need some to capture me, as well.

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 11:49 AM
Sounds like a plan.
*whacks Haleyintraining over the head with a shovel and drags her under the floorboards*
It might not be glamorous, but beggars can't be choosers.
(Don't worry, when the nominations start we can get you tied up in front of a steam train and it will look fabulous:smallwink:.)

Raistlin1040
2008-09-07, 11:52 AM
Don't worry Haleyintraining, I'll save you, with the Power of Rock! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThePowerOfRock)

Raistlin grabs his favorite guitar and sets off on his Hero's Quest to save the Damsel in Distress.

Haleyintraining
2008-09-07, 12:04 PM
Great! Now all we need is for Raislin to get a sidekick. I think there should also be henchman itp...

Firestar27
2008-09-07, 12:07 PM
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo309/firestar2727/SidekickITPBanner.jpg

This is my banner. Vote Firestar27 for Sidekick ITP!

Haleyintraining
2008-09-07, 12:17 PM
Say, Firestar, do you want to be Rastlin's sidekick in the battle between him and Wraithy, who has captured me?

Almighty Salmon
2008-09-07, 12:49 PM
Sorry, Miss Haley, but Firestar can't be his sidekick. Why you ask? I'll tell you why!

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/1421/srobinqw5.png

As you can see, there's only room for one sidekick 'round this board. The Salmon!

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 12:53 PM
Firestar, The Salmon, there can only be one sidekick.
*breaks pool cue in half*
...I'm so original.

Raistlin1040
2008-09-07, 12:59 PM
Landfish, Firestar, there is only one way to decide who is my sidekick. A guitar duel! *Tosses a Les Paul to each sidekick* Begin!

Lex-Kat
2008-09-07, 01:24 PM
Don't forget playgrounders, vote for Lex-kat as
Sidekick itp.

I'm the only one with a valid Henchpixie Union Card.

Remember, a vote for Lex-kat is a vote for her
Mistress, Happyturtle, also.

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 01:32 PM
A Henchpixie? I could use her to power my weather control device.
WERESQUIRREL! SIEZE HER!
<.<
>.>
...oh right, dead.

CURSE YOU LEX-KAT!

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 01:46 PM
Go have a guitair duel. Me and my sidekick KidKris will rescue Haleyintraining.

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 01:50 PM
*flies up to stone castle tower window, with unseen cape wavering in the wind, riding the cookie llama(he can fly)*

Come M'lady, (Because Damsels are generally female) or would you prefer to stick around a bit?

Nah, we'll hang here. I'm like, so close to ultimate victory on Mario Kart Double Dash... ahh! Screw you, Bowser! Your mother has no spikes on her shell!

No. Vote me!!! Come on, don't vote Calamity. Please? :smallfrown:

No, Save Vote Me!

Also, DD, we totally need to recruit a side kick and villain for our cablecade cadre. I suggest we get some chicks in here. Any lady or ladylike villains out there? Who can capture - and roughly handle - a handsome male like me?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-07, 01:51 PM
Sidekick itp.

You see, there's a big difference between henches and sidekicks. I mean...really.....

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 01:53 PM
Come my loyal side kick!!

*rides gold dragon to wraithy's lair*

To save Haleyintraining!!!

2008-09-07, 01:56 PM
Ah, but what is a rescue without some sort of resistance? That, good sir, is where I come in. Without me, a Villain, the Damsel does not need to be rescued. Without a Damsel to be rescued, the Hero is just a person. And without the Hero to teach him, help him, and lead him, the Sidekick is just some bored kid. The Villain is the keystone. He lays down the groundwork for the obstacles the Hero and Sidekick must overcome, forcing them to get better before the final confrontation. It is he who makes the story possible.

I am that Villain. I make the Hero work. Make sure he grows. I give those pitiful paladins something to fight. I am the one who brings them together under a common cause. So, lads, why not vote for villain who keeps the story going, hmm? Why lower your standards, hmm?

Vote Fullbladder--That Kind of Villain.

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 02:03 PM
Without me, a Villain, the Damsel does not need to be rescued.

Man, that'd be a nice change of place. I could go to school, get my degree, marry a rich buisness man.

Then I could have nice things :smallsigh:

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 02:05 PM
True, but a world without villians can still have heros. Poverty, natural disasdters, heros must be willing to help with these kinds of problems as well. Heros are more than villian slaying protaganists. They are HEROS. People who are willing to go out of their way to help others. Thats what a true hero is.

Kaelaroth
2008-09-07, 02:05 PM
Ah, but what is a rescue without some sort of resistance? That, good sir, is where I come in. Without me, a Villain, the Damsel does not need to be rescued. Without a Damsel to be rescued, the Hero is just a person. And without the Hero to teach him, help him, and lead him, the Sidekick is just some bored kid. The Villain is the keystone. He lays down the groundwork for the obstacles the Hero and Sidekick must overcome, forcing them to get better before the final confrontation. It is he who makes the story possible.

I am that Villain. I make the Hero work. Make sure he grows. I give those pitiful paladins something to fight. I am the one who brings them together under a common cause. So, lads, why not vote for villain who keeps the story going, hmm? Why lower your standards, hmm?

... Yeah, that's villainous. You're a villain because you work to keep the story alive for little children, and their sickeningly adorable puppies. What are you, on Sesame Street? :smallsigh:

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 02:06 PM
You're in a tight spot Wraithy; Your weresquirrel is dead, your new avatar still hasn't been made, and more Heroes than ever are trying to rescue Haleyintraining. There is only one option left Wraithy: find Henchmen.

*begins rummaging through the piles of rubbish under the floorboards*
AHA! 10p legion UNITE!
*a swarm of 10p coins assemble into rank and file*

Muhahahaha look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-07, 02:08 PM
... Yeah, that's villainous. You're a villain because you work to keep the story alive for little children, and their sickeningly adorable puppies. What are you, on Sesame Street? :smallsigh:
I feel discriminated and take objection.......

:smalltongue:

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 02:09 PM
Hey, free gold!

*picks up gold piece*

2008-09-07, 02:11 PM

SILENCE FOOL! The villain of any story has an obligation! If the story ends, the villain is no longer needed! And so he shall fall into the cracks in the annals of history! I keep myself useful, keep myself in the times!

Kaelaroth
2008-09-07, 02:14 PM
SILENCE FOOL! The villain of any story has an obligation! If the story ends, the villain is no longer needed! And so he shall fall into the cracks in the annals of history! I keep myself useful, keep myself in the times!

No. Their is no obligation. That's the sheer beauty of being the villain, you can do whatever the heck you like.

*has henchwench serve some eyeballs*

Et voila. And, my dear Fullbladder, my wonderful urine filled friend, if you were a true villain, you'd command history itself. No need to fall in it then, not when you can lord over it. :smallamused:

2008-09-07, 02:16 PM
Access to a Time Machine does not mean you should mess with history. That's risky stuff. Just because I care for self-preservation doesn't mean I'm any less villainous!

Dr. Bath
2008-09-07, 02:18 PM
No. Their is no obligation. That's the sheer beauty of being the villain, you can do whatever the heck you like.

*has henchwench serve some eyeballs*

Et voila. And, my dear Fullbladder, my wonderful urine filled friend, if you were a true villain, you'd command history itself. No need to fall in it then, not when you can lord over it. :smallamused:

Blasphemous ravings of a cad and a bounder! You know not The Code? It's all that stands between us and common criminals! If you don't respect the Code, the Code won't respect you. Next time a jolly band of unexplainedly talented teens thwarts your plans and shoots you in the face, don't come crying to us!

lord of kobolds
2008-09-07, 02:21 PM

And I shall be the Damsel!!
This way, when the hero comes, instead of a kiss on the head, they get a kris in their head.

Kaelaroth
2008-09-07, 02:26 PM
Blasphemous ravings of a cad and a bounder! You know not The Code? It's all that stands between us and common criminals! If you don't respect the Code, the Code won't respect you. Next time a jolly band of unexplainedly talented teens thwarts your plans and shoots you in the face, don't come crying to us!

Yes. I'm sure. :smallsigh:

Access to a Time Machine does not mean you should mess with history. That's risky stuff. Just because I care for self-preservation doesn't mean I'm any less villainous!

Who needs time machines when you have raw psychosis? Anyways, sweety, machines are out. Magicks, seduction, conquest, and questionable funding are in!

2008-09-07, 02:32 PM
And it's that sort of thinking that gives the rest of us bad reputations.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-07, 02:33 PM
Hey Fulbladder, want to join me and Felixaar, with me as the hero, Felixaar as the Damsell in Distress and you as the villain and then we only need to find a sidekick.

Kaelaroth
2008-09-07, 02:43 PM
And it's that sort of thinking that gives the rest of us bad reputations.

What kind of lame, neutered villain doesn't have a bad repuatation? :smallyuk:

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 02:46 PM
What kind of lame, neutered villain doesn't have a bad repuatation? :smallyuk:

O.O

*slings a fist full of 10p coins at Kaelaroth*

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 02:48 PM
*Goes into Wraithy's lair to save Haleyintraining*

Kaelaroth
2008-09-07, 02:49 PM
O.O

*slings a fist full of 10p coins at Kaelaroth*

*telekinetic catching of them*

Great, thanks, little wraith-thing. You must be running for hero, right? Giving out money, eh? :smallamused:
*gets henchwench to go buy milk with it*

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 02:55 PM
As I have meet no resitance yet, I suppose Haleyintraining is saved. Score 1 for the heros!

Firestar27
2008-09-07, 03:01 PM
Landfish, Firestar, there is only one way to decide who is my sidekick. A guitar duel! *Tosses a Les Paul to each sidekick* Begin!

Thank you. As I know how to play the guitar (I don't know if Landfish does), then this shouldn't sound too bad.
*Plays rock rhythm, then plays rock solo with blues influence*
We will win with the Power of Rock (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThePowerOfRock?from=Main.PowerofRock)!

Raistlin, by "Landfish", did you mean "Salmon"? Either way, it's going to be hard for a fish to Rock!

With me by your side, Raistlin, you can save HaleyInTraining!

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 03:03 PM
Beat you to it:smallamused:

Vote Saint Nil Hero ItP. I make sure the job gets done.

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 03:05 PM
As I have meet no resitance yet, I suppose Haleyintraining is saved. Score 1 for the heros!

*as you pick up what appears to be Haleyintraining, it suddenly disintegrates into a shower of 10p coins, as you search about in the darkness under the floorboards, all you can hear is the rolling of coins*

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 03:07 PM
*puts gold into bag*

*casts know location to find Haleyintraining*

Almighty Salmon
2008-09-07, 03:07 PM
*Looks down at guitar*

Wha.. buh.. I.. I can't play this musical contraption! It almost seems like you expect me to be half useful. However, there is one talent I have..

*Smacks Firestar around the head with it*

Problem solved.

Dr. Bath
2008-09-07, 03:08 PM
Raistlin, by "Landfish", did you mean "Salmon"?

The correct term is Landfish. Any who say otherwise shall feel my wrath!

*plots nefarious schemes to thwart Landfish do-goodery*

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 03:11 PM
*puts gold into bag*

*casts know location to find Haleyintraining*

*before the spell can be completed the floor shifts beneath your feet sending you tumbling to the ground, the rolling of coins has stopped. Through a shaft of light piercing through the cracks in the floorboards you see the corner of an envelope, it reads "The fair damsel is far further beneath the pipes than mortals can tread, turn back"*

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 03:12 PM
Made my concentration check.

So, where is she?

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 03:16 PM
(I can't find the description of know location, did you mean know direction?)

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 03:20 PM
(Sorry, Discern Location (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/discernLocation.htm))

Mordokai
2008-09-07, 03:24 PM
I should probably do some campaigning, right?

Why hero? Well, so far, I'm still a paladin. Is there any more cliched hero than a paladin? While cliches are far from good, in this case, they are also true. Who can you count on when your possession and life are in danger? Who will help you when nobody else will? Who will expose the corrupt magistrate that's been leeching of his servants when nobody else dares? Paladin will, that's who. Because it's the right thing. Because that's what being hero is all about. While saving damsels in distress is an important part of hero's job description(and I'm quite happy to do this) there is so much more to being a hero. It's standing tall in the face of danger. It's about doing the right thing, even if it isn't the easiest one. It's about being there for the people when they need you. Listening to them, helping them. I do that. I will continue doing that, if you deem me hero or not. Because, you know, it's a right thing to do. I need not a trophy to prove that. However, if you acknowledge a hero for more than just his basic premise, vote me for Hero in the Playground. Because with vote for me, you get a hero who will do more than just one thing. Damsels will be saved. Kitties too. I'll help old ladies across the street. I'll be hero for people, not because of people. If that means aything to you, vote for me.

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 03:28 PM
(Sorry, Discern Location (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/discernLocation.htm))

Deep beneath the floorboards, through the latticed pipes and past cavernous spaces filled with walls of web, in depths where the sun's name has never even been heard, the deepest foundation of the playground itself.

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 03:30 PM
So be it. Come my loyal sidekick, to save the damesel!!

*teleports to her location*

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 03:37 PM
*teleport fails*
Blast, I knew I should've shielded the place against scrying, thank god I had those Green Rocks (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GreenRocks) installed.
10p Legion! Prepare the phase machine, I think we have enough supplies to prevent thread derailment untill the competition is over.

lord of kobolds
2008-09-07, 03:39 PM

And I shall be the Damsel!!
This way, when the hero comes, instead of a kiss on the head, they get a kris in their head.

lord of kobolds
2008-09-07, 03:40 PM

And I shall be his faithful damsel. This way, when the hero comes to save me, I stab that righteous do-gooder, and we split the loot of our kill.

D_Lord
2008-09-07, 03:41 PM
My speech!

Vote Bushranger for Hero ItP!

He flies through the air with the greatest of ease. :smallbiggrin:

He's done his part against the Playground's evilest villians! Magtok and Draken want him dead, isn't that one heck of a ringing endorsement right there? :smallamused:

He's also worked to try and convert villians to the side of good. It hasn't always worked (and, in one case, spectaculary backfired), but that's an E for Effort! :smallsmile:

He's even fought in a massive battle against an army of darkness! :smallcool:

And the girls love him, even though he has no idea why... :smallredface:

Nice, I bothered AMEN, I attacked the Town, I'm looking for a good art program for ABR but I can get HALO next with ease.
D_Lord For Villain in the Playground.

2008-09-07, 03:43 PM
Hey Fulbladder, want to join me and Felixaar, with me as the hero, Felixaar as the Damsell in Distress and you as the villain and then we only need to find a sidekick.

I would be honoured, Dallas.

After all, it's just good business.

Firestar27
2008-09-07, 04:02 PM
*Looks down at guitar*

Wha.. buh.. I.. I can't play this musical contraption! It almost seems like you expect me to be half useful. However, there is one talent I have..

*Smacks Firestar around the head with it*

Problem solved.

Ouch! It's only called an axe. It's not meant to be used as such. But now that I've taken the hit from this dreadful villain, Raistlin can go in and save HaleyInTraining. The Power of Rock and "Pow!/Bam!/KaPOW!" style sound effects will break down all physical and magical barriers surrounding HaleyInTraining.
There we go. I provided exposition (minor) and some explanation. I'm already performing sidekick duties. Am I Raistlin's official sidekick or did he choose someone else?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-09-07, 04:06 PM
No worries Salmon, you can be my sidekick if you want to be! With Fulbladder as the evil villain and Felixaar as Damsel in Distress.

D_Lord
2008-09-07, 04:08 PM
No worries Salmon, you can be my sidekick if you want to be! With Fulbladder as the evil villain and Felixaar as Damsel in Distress.

Fine I go then for Villain behind the Villain then. That shouldn't be that hard. About no one plays attraction to me, and I can set up a good plot. But I'm not telling, you have to beat Fullbladder first.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-09-07, 06:18 PM
Vote me the 2008 villain in the playground. I am the bringer of doom wherever I go disguised as a simple, harmless cube of grape gelatin. My goal is to bring doom and chaos to the world, by slowly running victims down and dissolving them into nothing.

Lex-Kat
2008-09-07, 06:20 PM
Sidekick itp.

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 06:32 PM
Hmm... So, the Cookie-Llama-Monster teams up with the Almighty... Almighty Salmon, to rescue the drop-dead-gorgeous Felixaar from a Goblin?

Dudes, I love it.

Though Kaeleroth sounded like a cool villain too. Henchwench's serving Eyeballs. Mmm...

Though Fullbladder's got a neat looking tower...

Oh, the choices, the choices...

----

Haleyintraining
2008-09-07, 06:33 PM
Vote for Haleyintraining!

Also vote Wraithy for villain! Maybe if he gets enough votes he'll let me go...

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 06:36 PM
Don't worry, Hit! I'll save you!

*two hours later, stuck in Hit's prison*

So, wanna play cards?

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 06:39 PM
Don't worry, I'm saving you both as we speak:smallamused:

Haleyintraining
2008-09-07, 06:39 PM
What game? Go fish?

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 06:41 PM
Well, I was thinking strip poker but I suppose we can work our way up to that...

I kid, I kid.

Wraithy
2008-09-07, 06:52 PM
Well, I was thinking strip poker

I want in.

What? Not got Stockholm syndrome yet? Damn.

One of the captives will get Stockholm syndrome one day.... one day :smallfrown:

D_Lord
2008-09-07, 06:54 PM
I want in.

What? Not got Stockholm syndrome yet? Damn.

One of the captives will get Stockholm syndrome one day.... one day :smallfrown:

No strip poker. No card games, for you guys. Burns the cards, and makes the room much harder to get in or out off.

Maybe I should have made air holes in there.

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 06:59 PM
So wait, you'd rather burn our cards than see one beautiful women and one man masquerading as a beautiful women play strip poker?

Seduction, my only power, is Vanquished! Total Hell!

Firestar27
2008-09-07, 07:09 PM
want[/B] to vote Felixaar for Damsel itP, because of his amazing charisma and pretty hair, but I don't think I have enough reasons yet."

But if that's you, then who was that in the pink dress?

Haleyintraining
2008-09-07, 07:10 PM
But if that's you, then who was that in the pink dress?
Touche... :smallconfused:

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 07:12 PM
What, a girl can't have more than one outfit?

Haleyintraining
2008-09-07, 07:13 PM
The person in the pink dress was a few decades older. :smallconfused:

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 07:18 PM
and... a... magic ring of changing?

Sorry guys, i didn't think you'd think that was me. It was just a random picture I found when I searched "pink dress". I suppose I could stick my face over it... hmm, yes... gimme a few minutes.

Edit: Fixed.

Firestar27
2008-09-07, 07:32 PM
and... a... magic ring of changing?

Sorry guys, i didn't think you'd think that was me. It was just a random picture I found when I searched "pink dress". I suppose I could stick my face over it... hmm, yes... gimme a few minutes.

Edit: Fixed.

Wow. That looks really, really freaky. That was really hilarious. :biggrin:

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 07:38 PM
I feel pretty! :smallbiggrin:

FoE
2008-09-07, 07:45 PM
I feel pretty! :smallbiggrin:

Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me tonight.

I feel charming,
Oh, so charming,
It' s alarming how charming I feel!
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe i'm real!

See the pretty girl in that mirror there:
Who can that attractive girl be?
Such a pretty face,
Such a pretyt dress,
Such a pretty smile,
Such a pretty me!

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 07:47 PM
Woo! Duet!

Fan
2008-09-07, 07:47 PM
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me tonight.

I feel charming,
Oh, so charming,
It' s alarming how charming I feel!
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe i'm real!

See the pretty girl in that mirror there:
Who can that attractive girl be?
Such a pretty face,
Such a pretyt dress,
Such a pretty smile,
Such a pretty me!
FoE Damsel itp! XD

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 07:58 PM
Don't Listen to Wraithy!
I'm a better villian! I have class and a scarred jaw!

I don't need no minions, I take care of bussiness myself! *

*new campaign slogan, how do you like it?

btw, Fanboy for antihero itp!
definately the kind of dude I like to kill

Felixaar
2008-09-07, 08:01 PM
I dunno, I'm kind of attatched to Wraithy. He was pro strip poker. What kind of cool things does your evil dungeon entail?

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 08:03 PM
I dunno, I'm kind of attatched to Wraithy. He was pro strip poker. What kind of cool things does your evil dungeon entail?

Appart from numerous stolen nuclear warheads?

THE ORIGINAL ROBOTRON MACHINE!!!!!

oh, and a playstation with Rez and all the FFs released for it

Fan
2008-09-07, 08:05 PM
Appart from numerous stolen nuclear warheads?

THE ORIGINAL ROBOTRON MACHINE!!!!!

oh, and a playstation with Rez and all the FFs released for it

Alex has my vote. Too bad he only has PS1 (dont owrry all the BEST FFs are on that system anyway.) I'd also be willing to donate my copy of starcraft, and starcraft 2.

Raistlin1040
2008-09-07, 08:08 PM
Come Firestar! We must rescue Maiden Haleyintraining from the clutches of the villainous Wraithy! I have horses, let's move! *Hops on horse and rides to save Haleyintraining from Wraithy with Firestar*

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 08:09 PM
Alex has my vote.

Thank you, kind sir.
*hands yellow cake*
you get something nice for the girl with it

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 08:10 PM
Come Firestar! We must rescue Maiden Haleyintraining from the clutches of the villainous Wraithy! I have horses, let's move! *Hops on horse and rides to save Haleyintraining from Wraithy with Firestar*

sorry, but I already have the cooler enemy

Fan
2008-09-07, 08:12 PM
sorry, but I already have the cooler enemy
Well Alex has proven himself in the past to be a farily manaical person, I mean he doesn't call himself captian Alexedurado the mad for nothing you know.

Also FF Fanboy for hero itp!

((Epic gauntlets of rust= boring through steel like butter with my strength of 36.)) Fanboy emerged outside the base, hiding in the night shrouded by shadow, he sneaked up to one of the side entrances, 2 guards enjoying a mocha, and a cigarette. Fanboy managed to Sneak up behind one, and get his throat with razor wire, while putting a bullet from a silenced Berrata in the back of the others head. Unfortunately for Fanboy there were about forty more in the room, and they had guns to. But, fanboy merely narrowed his redding eyes, and pulled out a pair of Uzis right as he bullet timed a barrage of shots coming at him, as he jumped into the air letting loose a well placed spray of electrified bullets through out the crowd of enemies. After the blood bath was done he dropped his Uzis the clips on both empty, and himself breathing heavily, as he proceeded into the next room.
merely one example of my past bad assery! Also all of that was to save my current damsel Happyturtle. (although she isn't running apprently, so HiT has my vote.)

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 08:18 PM
Well Alex has proven himself in the past to be a farily manaical person, I mean he doesn't call himself captian Alexedurado the mad for nothing you know.

Ahem, Alexeduardo the Barking Mad, if you may.

also, electrified uzi bullets? nice.

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 08:22 PM
Fanboy, a hero is more than just a warrior going around killing people. A hero is someone who helps the people. Someone who knocks the guards out, and maybe try to bring them to the side of good later. Anyone can kill a man. How many are willing to save their enemies? How many will show mercy to the wounded goblin, insted of a Coup Da Grace?

Thats why I'm running for Hero ItP. To be a mericful hero, not a murding one.

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 08:24 PM
Thats why I'm running for Hero ItP. To be a mericful hero, not a murding one.

*Shoots in the face*

not so merciful now, are you?

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 08:27 PM
*Cure Critical Wounds*

Thats the diffrence between a villian and hero. You kill, I heal. You attack, I defend. You take revenge, but it is the hero's job to forgive.

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 08:31 PM
*Cure Critical Wounds*

Thats the diffrence between a villian and hero. You kill, I heal. You attack, I defend. You take revenge, but it is the hero's job to forgive.

uh...uh...

But ahero does it for the pleasure of it! and that's Fanboy's philosophy!
so there!

Fan
2008-09-07, 08:31 PM
*Cure Critical Wounds*

Ahh, saint Nil. You may have been LG longer than I have, but I've been around since before your family name even existed.
Also must I mention my recent forgiveness, and apology to Lord Magtok, AND Shas?

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 08:34 PM
Of course, and I'm very proud of that. You've gone from a wicked power-hungry manipulative Vampire Overlord to one of the greatest men(and I proudly dare to say friend) I have ever met.

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 08:35 PM
Of course, and I'm very proud of that. You've gone from a wicked power-hungry manipulative Vampire Overlord to one of the greatest men(and I proudly dare to say friend) I have ever met.

Bah! you heroes are so totally girly

Fan
2008-09-07, 08:37 PM
Thats why you've got my nomination, you easily beat out Raistlin in the hero comples, and you go out of your way to do good things for the helpless. If I would nominate anyone itp it would be you.:smallsmile:

Saint Nil
2008-09-07, 08:39 PM
Thank you fanboy, I feel exactly the sam way back to you.

And Alexeduardo, it's not girly to be able to have more emotions than the 7 deadly sins.

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 08:39 PM
Thats why you've got my nomination, you easily beat out Raistlin in the hero comples, and you go out of your way to do good things for the helpless. If I would nominate anyone itp it would be you.:smallsmile:

and his majesty Alexeduardo as well

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 08:40 PM
And Alexeduardo, it's not girly to be able to have more emotions than the 7 deadly sins.

uh..YES IT IS, YOU YUCKFACE!

See? I'm a villian!

Fan
2008-09-07, 08:40 PM
and his majesty Alexeduardo as well
I think thats already been established Alex. :smalltongue:

alexeduardo
2008-09-07, 08:42 PM
I think thats already been established Alex. :smalltongue:

I just felt it needed to be re-said. for the children, you know