PDA

View Full Version : 4e World: Races (PEACH)

Erk
2008-09-06, 05:37 PM
I've allowed these races in play for my homebrew 4e world, but since none of the players have selected them (my players seem to really love humans, which is good) I'd love some critique. I plan on adding more as need arises.

Rwyc Bidhe - "Hillmen"
(modified replacement for Dragonborn)
Height: 200-250 cm
Weight: 90-150 kg

Ability scores: +2 strength, +2 charisma
Size: medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Normal

Skill bonuses: +2 nature, +2 intimidate
Hardy: You may add your Con modifier to your healing surge value.
Frostborn: Add +2 to your defenses against cold-based attacks. You have +5 to saves to throw off effects from these attacks as well.
Rage of the North: When bloodied, you may use Rage of the North as an encounter power.

Rage of the North
When injured, Hillmen fight all the fiercer, anger fueling their reactions.
Encounter
Immediate interrupt, Personal
Trigger: You become bloodied.
Effect (defensive variant): Add +2 to all defenses and +4 to saving throws until the end of your next turn.
Effect (offensive variant): Add +2 to melee attack and +4 to damage and you may add the Cold descriptor to your attacks as a free action.
Special: When you create your character, choose if you would like the offensive or defensive version of this power. You may only use that variant.

---

Thoughts welcome. I will post more when I have more time.

Shadow_Elf
2008-09-06, 05:43 PM
I've allowed these races in play for my homebrew 4e world, but since none of the players have selected them (my players seem to really love humans, which is good) I'd love some critique. I plan on adding more as need arises.

Rwyc Bidhe - "Hillmen"
(modified replacement for Dragonborn)
Height: 200-250 cm
Weight: 90-150 kg

Ability scores: +2 strength, +2 charisma
Size: medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Normal

Skill bonuses: +2 nature, +2 intimidate
Hardy: You may add your Con modifier to your healing surge value.
Frostborn: Add +2 to your defenses against cold-based attacks. You have +5 to saves to throw off effects from these attacks as well.
Rage of the North: When bloodied, you may use Rage of the North as an encounter power.

Rage of the North
When injured, Hillmen fight all the fiercer, anger fueling their reactions.
Encounter
Immediate interrupt, Personal
Trigger: You become bloodied.
Effect (defensive variant): Add +2 to all defenses and +4 to saving throws until the end of your next turn.
Effect (offensive variant): Add +2 to melee attack and +4 to damage and you may add the Cold descriptor to your attacks as a free action.
Special: When you create your character, choose if you would like the offensive or defensive version of this power. You may only use that variant.

---

Thoughts welcome. I will post more when I have more time.

I think the defensive variant is wayyyyyy better. ~+10% chance of evasion and +20% to saving throws? You might as well say "save against all effects", since +4 gives you a total of 75% to save. With other things, this really adds up. (i.e. in conjunction with cleric channel divinity)

RTGoodman
2008-09-06, 09:26 PM
Yeah, the racial power seems WAY too strong in general. Most powers that give a bonus to things give +1 (like the Tiefling's Bloodhunt ability) or maybe +2 at best.