PDA

View Full Version : email when new strip is posted

tmacdevitt
2006-05-22, 04:47 PM
I just had an idea, which I'm sure has been proposed before, but here it is:

when Rich posts a new strip, an email notification is sent out to those on the notification mailing list.

That would be cool. I'd even support the idea that in order to be on this notification email list you have to buy your way on to it with an annual fee of $X dollars, where hopefully X is less then 10. Or maybe only those who buy wallpaper get to be on this list?

Thoughts? Any chance of this actually occuring?

Tom

Vaniel
2006-05-22, 08:07 PM
How about just checking the site? ;D

Amotis
2006-05-22, 08:12 PM
I think his suggestion is very valid.
Something that could be done without messing with the site is make a locked thread in the comic section that the giant or some mod posts in everytime a new comic is up and one just clicks the "alert when responded too" button and gets an email when someone posts in this locked thread.
A bit much work for one person but if more wish for this system it can work.

tmacdevitt
2006-05-22, 08:45 PM
How about just checking the site? ;D

Sure, that's what we do now. I figured an alert email would be an easy way to find out when the new comic is up without hitting the site every thirty minutes.

tmacdevitt
2006-05-22, 08:49 PM
Something that could be done without messing with the site is make a locked thread in the comic section that the giant or some mod posts in everytime a new comic is up and one just clicks the "alert when responded too" button and gets an email when someone posts in this locked thread.

Thats Brilliant!! The infrastrucure is already in place for such a thing, all it would take is for individuals such as myself to request the alert email, and if I didn't want the email, then I just wouldn't be on the notify list.

Taking this one more step towards obviousness:

As a locked thread only the Mods would be able to respond to it, and this would then be just one additional step that a mod would have to do?