PDA

View Full Version : I have slain dragons, and decimated armies. (4e Epic Destiny, PEACH)

JackMage666
2008-09-11, 07:30 AM
Champion
Your sword is mightier than the boldest tongue. You've slain the toughest creatures known to man, and added a few scars to your collection.

Prerequisites: 21st Level; Strength 21 or Constitution 21; Proficiency with all military melee weapons and at least one form of heavy armor.

As a Champion, you've proven yourself countless times in one thing - Battle. You revel in fights, whether they be small scale barfights or world spanning wars. Your weapon of choice is considered to be death by anyone who opposes you. As you take a firmer grasp on your destiny as a champion, you gain combat skills that would bring an opponent to tears, if he knows you are coming.
Paladins, Fighters, and some Rangers have been known to become champions, though some rare Rogues or even Warlocks have seen power in the skills of raw combat.

Immortality in Death

To all Champions, Death in battle is the only way to accept it. You're fate will come on a battlefield, doing what you do best.
Ultimate Sacrifice: After completing your final quest, the world is dropped in the chaos of the moment. Small towns attack larger ones, larger ones refute this by sending massives armies to smite them. The Feywild itself sends out beasts to decimate the world itself. The Nine Hells spew forth foul denizens to overcome the world.
You may choose to fight whatever force is overcoming the world head on, alone, with only your trusty weapons in hand. Though your fighting skills are unmatched, there is no possible way you can slay the entirety of the forces by your own hand though. You may choose to fight for days, dwindling the number down to a point where the rest of the world can cope. Your death is greeted by the greatest of deities, who welcome you into their courts with open arms. Bards and poets write beautiful ballads about you, and your name is forever echoes as a hero.
Or, you could choose a different path, defending only yourself and letting the world fall. Instead, those still living count you as a coward, that turned his back on the world he just fought so valiantly to save.

Champion Features

All Champions have the following features.
Sure Blade (21st level): Any weapon in your hands strikes true and hard. For any weapon you wield, the Proficiency bonus to attack doubles and the weapon gains the High Crit property.
Stand and Deliver (24th level): You seem to be unkillable by your foes, and never fall to their attacks. You do not die until your hit points reach the negative value of your hit points. As well, you do not fall unconscious when you reach 0 HP, or any lower. You no longer need to make death saves, and are immune to the instant kill of a Coup de Grace attack (though you still take the damage.)
Crucial Hit (30th Level): You never miss when everything's on the line. Once per day, after you roll an attack, you may treat it as a hit, even if it would normally miss. Immediate Interrupts that change defenses do not negate this, but those that involve movement or other things might.

Champion Power

Warrior's Edge - Champion Utility 26
Combat is your home. Take the homefield advantage.
Daily*Healing
Minor Action - Personal
Effect: Regain hit points equal to your bloodied hit point value. You gain a +6 power bonus to your Strength score and may take 10 on one attack per round until the end of the encounter.

Intention: There's no Epic Destinies that specifically tie to combat oriented character. This is simply to fill that role.

PhallicWarrior
2008-09-11, 07:52 AM
Very cool, but doesn't Tougher Than Adamantine seem a bit overpowered? It effectively doubles your hit points. I like what you did with the Immortality in Death thing. Seems like a good way to go for me.

JackMage666
2008-09-11, 07:59 AM
Very cool, but doesn't Tougher Than Adamantine seem a bit overpowered? It effectively doubles your hit points. I like what you did with the Immortality in Death thing. Seems like a good way to go for me.

I was wondering if it was, but If you compare it to the Demigod's or the Archmage's, it doesn't seem so much... You still die at -HP, and you get to stand up and fight through it. So, yeah, it doubles your HP, but so does the Demigod's power, which instead heals you all the way through (which, depending on the hit, could be MUCH more powerful than this.)

Though, it might be, as it's not a 1/day or 1/encounter type thing. You could, theoretically, stay at -Bloodied HP all day and still be alive. That's the reason I'm peaching it after all! I just don't see the concern in comparison, but if others think it is too, we can work on a revision.

Blackfang108
2008-09-11, 04:45 PM
I was wondering if it was, but If you compare it to the Demigod's or the Archmage's, it doesn't seem so much... You still die at -HP, and you get to stand up and fight through it. So, yeah, it doubles your HP, but so does the Demigod's power, which instead heals you all the way through (which, depending on the hit, could be MUCH more powerful than this.)

Though, it might be, as it's not a 1/day or 1/encounter type thing. You could, theoretically, stay at -Bloodied HP all day and still be alive. That's the reason I'm peaching it after all! I just don't see the concern in comparison, but if others think it is too, we can work on a revision.

It doesnt' seem as overpowered as any of the other Epic Destiny features, IMO.

Tougher than Adimantine doesn't seem to fit as the name though. It implies damage reduction moreso than ignoring unconciousness.

Just my two cents.

JackMage666
2008-09-11, 10:12 PM
It doesnt' seem as overpowered as any of the other Epic Destiny features, IMO.

Tougher than Adimantine doesn't seem to fit as the name though. It implies damage reduction moreso than ignoring unconciousness.

Just my two cents.

Hmm, good point. Changed it to Stand and Deliver.