PDA

View Full Version : May I please recruit people here?

ArlEammon
2006-01-21, 05:15 PM
May I recruit people here to go to other boards?

RawBearNYC
2006-01-21, 05:26 PM
May I recruit people here to go to other boards?
See the section on Advertising/Linking here (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1133174775). Please note that you should infer from that that contacting members directly (through Private or Instant Messages) is not appropriate.

ArlEammon
2006-01-21, 05:28 PM
Thank you RawHide Bear.

Zherog
2006-01-21, 08:19 PM
... contacting members directly (through Private or Instant Messages) is not appropriate.

Whoa! I totally get the PM thing. But do you really intend to regulate what I do or don't say to others in Yahoo or AIM?

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-01-22, 07:32 PM
Whoa! I totally get the PM thing. But do you really intend to regulate what I do or don't say to others in Yahoo or AIM?
That's not quite what's trying to be said. We don't want people wandering onto the boards and simply using it as a list of AIM screennames or e-mail addresses to randomly spam people with recruitments or advertisements.

Zherog
2006-01-22, 08:43 PM
That makes sense. But the way I read Ray's post, I'd get in trouble if I saw somebody around here who I thought would enjoy Nifty and IMed them about it. Hence the "whoa." ;)

Jack Squat
2006-02-09, 09:48 PM
That's not quite what's trying to be said. We don't want people wandering onto the boards and simply using it as a list of AIM screennames or e-mail addresses to randomly spam people with recruitments or advertisements.

of couse not, that's what spyderbots are for ;D
*cricket's chirping*
sheesh, I'm just kidding ;)