PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Deadly Rickster (epic Epic Destiny)

Jokes
2008-09-22, 11:40 PM
Inspired by a typo in the Dragon mag, and based on one of the internets most hated memes, I present the Epic destiny-

Deadly Rickster

Prerequisite: 21st Level, Cha 21, trained in Stealth

A Deadly Rickster has the ability to appear out of nowhere, often inciting riots and rampages wherever one crops up. Most people have learnt to ignore many of those that appear, often pointing out to others that they should be avoided.

Masters of Stealth such as rogues and warlocks often become Deadly Ricksters.

Immortality?
Unfame: You used to be a great hero, though now hardly anyone remembers you. It is up to you to make people remember.

Deadly Rickster Features
All Deadly Ricksters have the following class features-

Never gonna give you up (21st level): If you are knocked to 0 hitpoints or fewer, any heal check made to stabilise you automatically succeeds.

Never gonna let you down (24th Level): If you have a surprise round against an opponent, you can teleport to any square (within 20), gain concealment until the end of your next turn, and make a basic melee or ranged attack. If you have the sneak attack, hunters quarry or warlocks curse class feature, you can add it to this attack as well as another attack during this round.

Never gonna run around, and desert you (30th level): You have become ingrained into a communities mind to the point where you can teleport from your current position to any place where people remember and recognise you. You can do this once per day.

Deadly Rickster Power

You wouldn't get this from any other guy_____ Deadly Rickster Utility 26
Daily
No Action | Personal
Trigger: An enemy scores a critical hit against you.
Effect: The attack misses you and hits an adjacent enemy, including the one that made the attack.

Note that this isn't serious, but I thought it would be a fun way to test out making an epic destiny. I need a bit more fluff though.

Thoughts?

Edit: Bah, realised this should be in homebrew... I'll PM a mod to move it.

Changelog: Added Cha requirement.

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2008-09-22, 11:51 PM
I don't know how I know, and I don't know why I know, but I just know, that some all powerful diety somewhere has just put you on their ***list.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-09-22, 11:54 PM
Man, that's actually pretty good. Should put a CHA requirement on the Rickster though - it's kind of weird for someone really good at sneaking around to have the destiny of Unfame. But I understand why you did it :smallbiggrin:

Awesomologist
2008-09-23, 12:16 AM
This Epic Destiny is full of WIN!

horseboy
2008-09-23, 12:36 AM
I approve. Heck, I may even want to play one now.

Jokes
2008-09-23, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the comments.

I think it's sad I had to youtube the song to get the lyrics right...

Tengu_temp
2008-09-23, 07:45 AM
http://ffrpg.republika.pl/approve.PNG

Vossik
2008-09-23, 04:47 PM
Needs "I just want to tell you how I'm feeling."
and maybe, "You wouldn't get this from any other guy."

AstralFire
2008-09-23, 05:06 PM
The only thing that bugs me is that the class abilities seem only tangentially related (if at all) to their names.

Otherwise, I give this thread:
:roy::elan::haley::vaarsuvius::durkon:
5 out of 6 Oots!

DracoDei
2008-09-23, 06:10 PM
There was an entry in one of Vorpal Tribble's Monthly contests built around the same meme. I am going to throw a link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4145571&postcount=5) in just for good cross-referencing purposes.

Yes, it is now going to the RIGHT place as opposed to a thread on a completely different message board about how someone has pnuemonia...

Jokes
2008-09-23, 09:03 PM
Needs "I just want to tell you how I'm feeling."
and maybe, "You wouldn't get this from any other guy."

I wanted to stick with the "Never gonna..." for the titles, but I guess "You wouldn't get this from any other guy" would be good for the utility power.

The only thing that bugs me is that the class abilities seem only tangentially related (if at all) to their names.

Yeah, it's really hard making up abilities to go along with song lyrics...

@DracoDei- Is that the right link?

DracoDei
2008-09-23, 10:13 PM
@DracoDei- Is that the right link?
Actually... no, no it is not... let me fix that! :smallfrown:

Jokes
2008-09-23, 11:34 PM
Actually... no, no it is not... let me fix that! :smallfrown:

It just took me to a login page for another forum, and I didn't really feel like signing up. So I figured I'd ask.

And that Llorrick is awesome. I love the idea of Rick Rolling during a DnD game :smallbiggrin: