PDA

View Full Version : Band width issue

crimson77
2005-08-01, 02:36 PM
I have notice that lately how popular OOTS has become. I am very glad that this site/message board has become so popular and i frequently refer people to check out the comics. There has become a problem through with this poplularity and that is that frequently I am having trouble getting on the site or when trying to post getting an error message. This gets rather annoining when I'm trying to post and write out a long discription and then find out that the site timed out and i lost my post. I know that this is not a problem from my end because i have used different computers at different ISPs (work, home, friends house) and had the same problem. Also i noticed a similar thread about error messages and my players in my pbp campaign have been complaining about the site. I was wondering if this problem is being looked into and if there is a plan to fix it.

LadyGlutter
2005-08-01, 03:10 PM
I'd like to second this, it's definitely a problem and I wonder if there's anything to be done. *I'm already trying to lay off the silly message board games and everything but PbP on days when it seems like the server's struggling. *I doubt it helps a whole lot, but it does save me some personal aggravation. *8^ )

Also, I wanted to give a suggestion to you, Wyvern, and really anyone else having this problem, at least til things get cleared up on the boards. *Why not type up your long replies in a word processing program and cut and paste them to the thread? *That way you don't lose a lot of work if you are playing in the PbP games. *I know it's a pain to switch back and forth like that, but it works for me sometimes when I know I've got a long post and the server (or just as often, my bad dialup connection) is being unreliable.

Adghar
2005-08-01, 03:16 PM
Yeah, whenever I have a long post, I usually copy all of my text so that I could paste it in case the server fails. But so far I haven't actually had to repost anything. For me, the site only fluctuates, lagging sometimes, but it's gotten better now.

Well for starters you could donate! (http://www.giantitp.com/Donate.html) ;D