PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e Feats] Human Bloodlines

Fax Celestis
2008-09-28, 02:45 AM
Some humans demonstrate generational trends, powers arcane and otherwise passed down from generation to generation. Most say the eyes are the windows to the soul, and this is at least in part truth. These bloodlines manifest themselves in the eyes of humans, changing them strange colors and providing them incredible powers.

Bloodlines, in this fashion, are merely feats that require you to take a particular "Founding" feat as your human bonus feat, and have a tree of powers that branch off the founding feat later.

Blue Eye
Blue Eye [Founding, Blue Eye Bloodline]
Prerequisites: Human at first level, no other Founding feats
You have a natural predisposition towards larceny and mechanics. Your eyes are a deep, captivating blue.
Benefit: You may cast mending as a spell-like ability once per day per Blue Eye Bloodline feat you possess (caster level equal to twice the number of Blue Eye Bloodline feats you possess). You also gain a +1 bloodline bonus on Open Lock and Sleight of Hand checks per three levels.

Mechanical Cognition
Prerequisites: Blue Eye
You are able to analyze and resist mechanizations with ease.
Benefit: You gain a +1 insight bonus to AC and to saves versus traps and constructs per Blue Eye Bloodline feat you possess. You also gain a +1 bloodline bonus to Disable Device checks per Blue Eye Bloodline feat you possess.

[b]Machinoscopic Exhumation
Prerequisites: Blue Eye
You can repair--or break--almost anything.
Benefit: You gain a bloodline bonus on sunder attempts, and on damage rolls versus objects and Constructs equal to the number of Blue Eye Bloodline feats you possess. You also gain double that number as a bloodline bonus to Craft checks made to repair an item.

[b]Electrospark Acclimation
Prerequisites: Blue Eye, 6th level, at least one other Blue Eye Bloodline feat
You are resistant to electrical forces and can channel it into your attacks.
Benefit: You gain electrical resistance equal to five times the number of Blue Eye Bloodline feats you possess. Also, whenever you successfully resist damage using the electrical resistance provided by this feat, you add the amount to a floating pool. At any time you may remove points form the pool to electrically charge your next melee attack, adding one point of electrical damage per two points you remove from the pool. Charges in the pool maintain for 24 hours since the last time you added to it, and you cannot maintain more than twice the resistance provided by this feat.

[b]Right Tool For The Job
Prerequisites: Blue Eye, 12th level, at least two other Blue Eye Bloodline feats
You always seem to have the right tool for the job, regardless of the task.
Benefit: You may cast minor creation as a spell-like ability at will, with a caster level equal to twice the number of Blue Eye Bloodline feats you possess. You may only create tools in this fashion, and if they leave your possession, they disappear into nothingness. You also gain a +1 bloodline bonus to any Craft skill you are trained in for each two Blue Eye Bloodline feats you possess.

Green Eye
[b]Green Eye [Founding, Green Eye Bloodline]
You have a gift for wealth, and Lady Luck favors you. You have startling green eyes--some say they're the color of money.
Benefit: You gain a bloodline bonus on Appraise checks equal to one-half your level. You also gain a luck reroll per day: you may activate this ability at any time to reroll a d20 you have just rolled, but it must be before you know the result.

Liar's Dice [Green Eye Bloodline]
Prerequisites: Green Eye
Your luck sometimes manifests in strange ways.
Benefit: When rolling a percentage roll (such as for a miss chance) or when rolling on a table to determine an effect, roll an additional d4. You may add or subtract the amount shown on the d4 from your roll. You also gain one luck reroll per day.

Gambler's Chance [Green Eye Bloodline]
Prerequisites: Green Eye
Sometimes, you're lucky. Sometimes, you're not.
Benefit: As the start of any combat encounter, you gain 1d20-10 temporary hit points, as well as a 1d4-2 bloodline bonus to your saving throws and armor class. Should you gain negative temporary hit points, they instead count as a penalty to your maximum HP until the combat ends, to a minimum HP of one hit point per hit die. You also gain one luck reroll per day.

Elevated Fortunes [Green Eye Bloodline]
Prerequisites: Green Eye, 6th level, at least one other Green Eye Bloodline feat
Lady Luck's smile graces your life.
Benefit: You gain one extra luck reroll per day (as described in your Green Eye feat) for each two Green Eye Bloodline feats you possess.

Luck of the Draw [Green Eye Bloodline]
Prerequisites: Green Eye, 12th level, at least two other Green Eye Bloodline feats
Your lucrative luck occasionally reveals an item for what it truly is.
Benefit: Items whose powers are measured in pluses (such as weapons and armor) that you acquire after this feat have a 1% chance (+1% per Green Eye Bloodline feat you possess) to have an additional, random +1 upgrade.

Red Eye
Red Eye [Founding, Red Eye Bloodline]
You can tell a creature's state of health by sight. You have startling crimson eyes--the color of blood, nearly.
Benefit: You may cast status as a spell-like ability, at will, usable on any target and with a casting time of three rounds. Your caster level is equal to twice the number of Red Eye Bloodline feats you possess. A Will save negates the attempt, but does not prevent further attempts.

Masterful Auranalysis [Red Eye Bloodline]
Prerequisites: Red Eye
You get a general perception of your foe at a glance.
Benefit: You can detect the CR of the target of your Red Eye feat. You gain +1d6 sneak attack versus the target of your Red Eye feat. Also, your Red Eye ability takes one less round to activate. If your Red Eye ability takes less than one round to activate, you may activate it as a swift action.

Deadshot Augury [Red Eye Bloodline]
Prerequisites: Red Eye
You can see where your foe is weakest.
Benefit: You gain a bloodline bonus on attack rolls equal to the number of your Red Eye Bloodline feats when making a precision-based attack. You gain +1d6 sneak attack versus the target of your Red Eye feat. Also, your Red Eye ability takes one less round to activate. If your Red Eye ability takes less than one round to activate, you may activate it as a swift action.

Suborned Lifesight [Red Eye Bloodline]
Prerequisites: Red Eye, 6rd level, at least one other Red Eye Bloodline feat
Your perceptive abilities help your attacks strike home.
Benefit: You gain +2d6 sneak attack versus the target of your Red Eye feat. You also gain a bloodline bonus to damage on precision-based attacks equal to the number of Red Eye Bloodline feats you possess. Also, your Red Eye ability takes one less round to activate. If your Red Eye ability takes less than one round to activate, you may activate it as a swift action.

Healer's Vision [Red Eye Bloodline]
Prerequisites: Red Eye, 6th level, at least one other Red Eye Bloodline feat
You have refined your natural ability to perceive the health of others.
Benefit: You gain a bloodline bonus on Heal checks equal to half your level. You also automatically treat spells of the Healing subschool as if they were empowered (see the Empower Spell metamagic feats) if you cast them on the target of your Red Eye feat.

White Eye
White Eye [Founding, White Eye Bloodline]
You have an extraordinary sense of perception. You possess vividly white eyes--some people liken them to that of fresh snow.
Benefit: You gain a +1 bloodline bonus to Search and Spot for every three levels you possess.

Vision of Heart [White Eye Bloodline]
Prerequisites: White Eye
You can tell when people are lying by perceiving their aura.
Benefit: You receive a bloodline bonus on Sense Motive checks for non-combat uses equal to the number of White Eye Bloodline feats you possess. You also gain a similar bonus on checks made to resist a feint. You also may cast detect alignment as a spell-like ability at will (caster level equal to twice the number of White Eye Bloodline feats you possess).

Survivalist's Eye [White Eye Bloodline]
Prerequisites: White Eye
You are capable of finding what you need to survive in a pinch.
Benefit: You receive a bloodline bonus on Survival checks equal to the number of White Eye Bloodline feats you possess. You also receive an equal bloodline bonus to Fortitude saves versus environmental and endurance hazards.

Slantway Perception [White Eye Bloodline]
Prerequisites: White Eye, 6th level, at least one other White Eye Bloodline feat
You can see into the "slantway" which allows you to see what others cannot.
Benefit: You are treated as if you are constantly under the effects of a see invisibiilty spell (caster level equal to twice the number of White Eye Bloodline feats you possess). You also gain a bloodline bonus to Will saves versus illusions equal to the number of White Eye Bloodline feats you possess.

Sight Beyond Sight [White Eye Bloodline]
Prerequisites: White Eye, 12th level, at least two other White Eye Bloodline feats
You perception lets you see beyond reality itslef...and prepare against others.
Benefit: You receive a bloodline bonus to saves versus Divinations equal to the number of White Eye Bloodline feats you possess. You also can cast true seeing once per day per three bloodline feats you possess as a spell-like ability (caster level equal to twice the number of White Eye Bloodline feats you possess).

SoD
2008-09-28, 02:57 AM
Looks good so far, one quick thing though:

Gamblers Chance: I'm assuming this can't take you to 0 or lower hp. A character with low hp could potentially fall unconcious randomly at the start of an encounter. Maybe if it can take you to a minimum of 1 HP/HD, so a 3rd level wizard can be taken down to 3 hp, etc.

Fax Celestis
2008-09-28, 03:35 AM
Looks good so far, one quick thing though:

Gamblers Chance: I'm assuming this can't take you to 0 or lower hp. A character with low hp could potentially fall unconcious randomly at the start of an encounter. Maybe if it can take you to a minimum of 1 HP/HD, so a 3rd level wizard can be taken down to 3 hp, etc.

Good call.

Triaxx
2008-09-28, 06:39 AM
I think that Vision of Heart deserves a bonus to the Bluff check to oppose a Feint attempt.

Fax Celestis
2008-09-28, 12:20 PM
I think that Vision of Heart deserves a bonus to the Bluff check to oppose a Feint attempt.

Done and done.

Saint Nil
2008-09-28, 01:31 PM
THis is great. Now I don't have to have a dragon/ooze/celestial to marry my great-great-grandmother to gain acess to heratige feats:smallbiggrin:

Realms of Chaos
2008-09-28, 01:46 PM
The red line seems a bit strong, a 6th level human rogue could have status at will (also detecting CR) as a swift action, followed up by an attack with +7d6 sneak attack damage (plus the +4 bonus to the attack and damage roll).

that just looks like alot to me.

Fax Celestis
2008-09-28, 01:55 PM
The red line seems a bit strong, a 6th level human rogue could have status at will (also detecting CR) as a swift action, followed up by an attack with +7d6 sneak attack damage (plus the +4 bonus to the attack and damage roll).

that just looks like alot to me.

...with no other feats. To top that off, it has been proven time and time again that sneak attack is nowhere as good as it looks. The example you notate discounts the possibility of two-weapon fighting (which is where sneak attack shines) and also loses 90% of its offensive power versus anything immune to sneak attacks. Status isnt' a very strong spell, anyway, and in this form it's got a piddly little caster level--maxing at 10 CL means it's very easy to dispel or resist. And doing either of those discounts the use of the rest of the feats.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-09-28, 01:57 PM
HOLY DAMN IT'S FAX!!!!

erm...

Yeah...

Are you going to continue this for other colours? Black, for instance?

Fax Celestis
2008-09-28, 01:59 PM
HOLY DAMN IT'S FAX!!!!

erm...

Yeah...

Are you going to continue this for other colours? Black, for instance?

I may. I'd need a theme though.

ForzaFiori
2008-10-01, 09:28 PM
I'd like to see a black or brown eyes one, just so I can further stat myself in DnD.

Almn
2008-10-06, 06:42 PM
Green eyes seem a little underpowered to me, if they can't see the dice before they use their reroll. If they can then...

Icewalker
2008-10-06, 07:39 PM
I believe that 'before you know the result' means you can see what the roll was, but you don't know whether it was successful or not.

These are fantastic. I really want to make a Red Eye Blaze-Poet now when I post my rune-caster project. (Just to tie in perfectly, Blaze-Poet is the flamewrit runecaster PrC which you enter from rogue)