PDA

View Full Version : Baldur's Gate 2 soundtrack

Apex
2008-09-29, 05:13 AM
Hi guys, I hope this is the right forum for this, I'm sorry if it isn't (and I did a quick search but couldn't find anything).

Does anyone know where I could download the soundtrack for BG2? Or, as I own the game, (now this definately doesn't belong in this forum I know) does anyone know any simple way of copying the music from the game?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Trazoi
2008-09-29, 05:34 AM
There's a tool out there on the internet that can extract music files from the full version of Baldur's Gate II and other Infinity engine RPG games. I know because I've used it to convert the music files from my copy of the game into MP3s for my music collection. I can't remember the name but if you Google around for music extraction tools for Infinity engine or Baldur's Gate games you'll probably find it.

Some of the music tracks such as the combat music will be in pieces as those tracks had multiple ending segments, so if you want to listen to them you'll need to manually put the pieces together. But most of the music was whole.

Apex
2008-09-30, 09:39 PM
Heh, thanks a lot. I was googling for a music extraction tool, but ended up finding a nice site where I could download them that I hadn't found before. :)