PDA

View Full Version : I love you guys...

Wukei
2005-06-04, 03:50 PM
I tried to post on the forum of another webcomic that I like, and they were rather barbaric. Everyone was very crude and using vulgar language (and the constant use of l33t sp33ch). So I just wanted you to know how much I respect this forum. Hopefully, when I get some things running better on my webcomic, I might have a forum half as good as that of the Giant.

Winged One
2005-06-04, 04:16 PM
I run into the same problem. You need decent mods. All of the mods here are quite fair(although I don't always agree with them).

Tenjac
2005-06-15, 10:06 AM
Yeah, this place really is great. There's nothing that makes me want to vomit everywhere more than "l33t sp3ak" ( I apologize for using that much) and that just gets messy. Even the phrase annoys the heck out of me. The good thing? I think I've seen it used maybe once on this board (aside from right here). This is a great, positive, intelligent community that I'm pleased to be a part of.

Valon_Striker
2005-06-15, 04:57 PM
1 r t3h roxor.......I'm sorry, the devil made me do it. ::)

Dragon_Rider
2005-06-15, 05:02 PM
don't talk to me about annoying people and l33t speak until you have visited the world of warcraft forums. Because they use their chracters for the game to post, there is absolutely no way to ban a person from the forum unless you ban their account from the game, which you can't do without severe probable cause in-game because its 50 bucks for the game and 15 bucks a month to keep your subscription... I used to check them jsut ot see what's going on, but I stopped...

Wukei
2005-06-15, 05:09 PM
Well, my forum would be very similar to this one (albeit, less crowded) if people would just join...I nead love, too :'(

Dragon_Rider
2005-06-15, 05:29 PM
Wukei, check your forum, something odd just happened. Hint Hint

Sneak
2005-06-15, 06:46 PM
I might join in a bit. Too lazy to sign on now though.

Wukei
2005-06-15, 09:42 PM
It's a shameless plug, I know...I can't even get half of the buttons to work. (Like the one to make the banner for the front page) But I do find the upside down smiley very fun to use.

Xick
2005-06-16, 09:55 AM
i agree. this place rocks.

and i think a standard of mature posting was set by gamebird gorbash and a few others.

however as these boards grow i'm afraid more and more "OMGZ ROFL N00B" people will soon be here.

so enjoy it while it lasts...

:)

Wukei
2005-06-16, 11:02 AM
Actually, the boards are already fairly large as it is. And those people just get ignored by the rest of us, anyway, so "pbbbtttt" :P

I actually had someone IM me the other day that had found my old RPG profile and he IM'd me with "who u?" and I was like "uh, if you're going to IM me, shouldn't you explain who you are and how you know me." Well, we went through that whole thing and he thought he was a dragon, I swear, and finally asked "what r u"

All I could say was, "Someone with a decent enough vocabulary that I can spell "are" and "you" and a fairly decent role player as well."

He shut up after that ;D

Sneak
2005-06-16, 12:59 PM
I actually had someone IM me the other day that had found my old RPG profile and he IM'd me with "who u?" and I was like "uh, if you're going to IM me, shouldn't you explain who you are and how you know me." Well, we went through that whole thing and he thought he was a dragon, I swear, and finally asked "what r u"

All I could say was, "Someone with a decent enough vocabulary that I can spell "are" and "you" and a fairly decent role player as well."

He shut up after that ;D

That's pretty funny. And Xick, I think that those people won't really recognized, because they don't post a lot. Usually the only people who are active members are "respectable" people. Although I'm not sure I could be considered respectable, even though I'm an active member...

Sneak
2005-06-17, 09:31 PM
Okay, I stopped being lazy and joined, I'm Sneak Transparent though.