PDA

View Full Version : Question

sktarq
2005-05-11, 08:28 PM
I occationally look at the site fresh when walk back to my computer and bring it up again. This time I noticed a little detail that just didn't make much sense to me. Why are there 1400+ topics (47 pages) in the gaming forum, some 600+ in friendly banter yet less 100-400 for the rest (with the exception of the brand new silly games which is already on page two)? The gaming forum's MASSIVE thread count is baffling me.

Edalmri
2005-05-11, 08:40 PM
The answer is that everyone loves gaming. Or else! Duhn duhn duhn!

Gorbash Kazdar
2005-05-11, 08:51 PM
That is part of it - this is an RPG site, after all, so Gaming tends to be one of the more popular sections.

Also, Gaming is one of the oldest boards on the forum, and has had the least amount of material split off from it. Friendly Banter recently split, and the Play forums were pulled out from another earlier board as well. So, Gaming has a lot of material in it that has always been there.

sktarq
2005-05-11, 08:53 PM
Thankyou....by the look of some of the really old threads the entire PbP section must have been split off from gaming at one time.

Sneak
2005-05-11, 08:53 PM
Probably because in Gaming, it's easier to find a reason to start a thread. Asking for help, some discussion about D&D, some classes or whatever you made, etc. But in the other places, with the exception of friendly banter, you actually have to think of something to start a thread about.

Grey Watcher
2005-05-12, 01:32 AM
Thankyou....by the look of some of the really old threads the entire PbP section must have been split off from gaming at one time.

That's exactly right. I've actually been around long enough to remember that happening. :-)

sktarq
2005-05-12, 07:40 PM
But in the other places, with the exception of friendly banter, you actually have to think of something to start a thread about.

I'd disagree with you there....looked into the Comic Thread. I'll even use the thread I started for example "Pants:Roy:Questionable".