PDA

View Full Version : Aziraphales Actually Alliterative And Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

dish
2008-10-19, 10:06 AM
I have, of course, seen a lot of Shakespeare in the theatre in the UK. Possibly too much, if I'm ever forced to sit through another appalling version of 'Midsummer Night's Dream' I shall probably scream.

Some of it was wonderful though. Saw a fantastic version of 'The Merchant of Venice' in Greenwich Observatory garden last summer. (Does a garden count as a theatre?)

I've also seen Shakespeare in the theatre in Shanghai. We went to 'The Taming of the Shrew' last week. Very fun.

Well...we have...bridges over many of our train tracks...and...they aren't anything like your description.

So do we (Brits). We also have trains that go over bridges - see the Settle-Carlisle railway for a stunning example of this. I have no idea what the egg is on about.

Edit: I've been meaning to say this for several hours, but keep getting distracted..."Congratulations to Thes. Yay! Twenty pounds is highly impressive. Don't give up."

Uncle Festy
2008-10-19, 10:13 AM
GRRR. For the past week I've had this little spasm in my lower left eyelid, where it just goes *twitch twitch twitch* intermittently throughout the day. It's not obvious enough to be noticeable unless I get RIGHT up close in front of the mirror, but it's DRIVING MY CRAZY! My mom says she gets it too when she's tired. SIGH. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO SLEEP! :smalltongue:
I hate the overtired eyetwitch. I came back from camp one year twitching like a maniac. Not pleasant, let me tell you.

When I come into talk to her, and play, she calms down, but my uncle keeps looking at me like I'm the devil's spawn.
*grumble*
Wait, you're not?!?
:smalltongue:

Dr. Bath
2008-10-19, 10:27 AM
So do we (Brits). We also have trains that go over bridges - see the Settle-Carlisle railway for a stunning example of this. I have no idea what the egg is on about.

I like the Settle-Carlisle railway, very scenic. In fact (if I am remembering the correct railway) so scenic that the cows never see any other trains, and since the railway only runs fairly infrequently, are absolutely terrified of them. Hee hee hee! Running cows are funny looking. :smallbiggrin:

dish
2008-10-19, 11:03 AM
I should have linked to some pictures. Here (http://www.settle-carlisle.co.uk/gallery/index.cfm?galleryID=50) are some railway bridges and viaducts and stuff on the Settle-Carlisle line.

Jibar
2008-10-19, 11:07 AM
I have, of course, seen a lot of Shakespeare in the theatre in the UK. Possibly too much, if I'm ever forced to sit through another appalling version of 'Midsummer Night's Dream' I shall probably scream.

If you ever find out a group who do the "Khaos Dream"... don't see it.
They murdered the play so badly.
And it's my favourite as well...

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-19, 11:27 AM
I'd much rather be doing Romeo and Juliet than Henry V...:smallannoyed:

Although the Tempest would be fun as well. As would Midsummer Night's Dream. Why did we have to do Richard III and Henry V, two extremely boring plays? :smallsigh:

Romeo and Juliet is overrated.
I loved the little bit of Henry V we did in Y11; we did it to compare Henry from there and from Henry IV part I.
Anway, Romeo and Juliet is qite over the top, but I've heard the comedy is good. But I'm still lad I've never done it; I read somewhere that's it's the most studied Shakespeare play done in schools. Macbeth's one of the most read as well, did it in Y9.
Richard III is a fair bit boring, plus now I've actually done coursework (rather in depth too) on him and his reign I feel sympathy for him. Richard III is pure propaganda.
The Tempest, my brother's done and I want to do, same with Midsummer Night's Dream; I'll be using extracts from that for my E Lang coursework though so all's good.

Now, remember what you said about mimes? Vetinari and I feel the same way about them. Hang 'em upside down in the scorpion pit with LEARN THE WORDS painted on the wall.
Mimes are scary.

Oregano
2008-10-19, 11:31 AM
I did Macbeth, Much Ado About Nothing, Romeo and Juliet and a bit of Hamlet.

The comedy in Romeo and Juliet's great, and dirty. Shakespeare was a pervert.

wadledo
2008-10-19, 11:44 AM
Mimes are scary.

QFT.
Though I need idea's on how to make my final school dances more interesting, and this is definitely going to be on the list.

The List:Mime
Gay Cowboy(Contact Fred)
Older English Gentleman w/ cane
Giant Lobster
Zombie(Inform Drama Club + Gabe)As you can see, it needs work.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-19, 11:57 AM
Wait, you're not?!?

Well, 'course I am, but he's not meant to know that, is he? :smallsigh:

The Bushranger
2008-10-19, 12:10 PM
I have now been on GitP for one year.

There shall be no cake.

Dragonrider
2008-10-19, 12:11 PM
I've never seen Shakespeare performed (though I don't count cuz I live in the Colonies :smallwink:) but I've read...six plays? Macbeth, Hamlet, Twelfth Night, Much Ado About Nothing, Henry V. Nope, five. Much Ado About Nothing was my favorite, no contest...maybe just because I like the Kenneth Branagh/Emma Thompson movie. :smalltongue:

Oregano
2008-10-19, 12:14 PM
I've never seen Shakespeare performed (though I don't count cuz I live in the Colonies :smallwink:) but I've read...six plays? Macbeth, Hamlet, Twelfth Night, Much Ado About Nothing, Henry V. Nope, five. Much Ado About Nothing was my favorite, no contest...maybe just because I like the Kenneth Branagh/Emma Thompson movie. :smalltongue:

The acting was really mixed in that film, Kenneth Brannagh and Michael Keaton were great, Brian Blessed was well Brian Blessed. The other people were mediocre I think.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-19, 12:17 PM
Psst, its a year and a day(still 19th).:smalltongue: Grongrats.

The Bushranger
2008-10-19, 12:21 PM
Being a Certified Mathmatical Moron™, I say: pffffft! to your extra day! :smalltongue:

And there shall still be no cake.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-19, 12:23 PM
*realizes he's been here for over a year*
Wow...time passes quick when you spend them on these boards....

:smalltongue::smallsmile:

dish
2008-10-19, 12:25 PM
The acting was really mixed in that film, Kenneth Brannagh and Michael Keaton were great, Brian Blessed was well Brian Blessed. The other people were mediocre I think.

Keanu Reeves was so awful that it hurts me to think about it.

Oregano
2008-10-19, 12:27 PM
I don't think his acting was that bad but he was terrible in that role. Denzel Washington was pretty meh IIRC.

Jibar
2008-10-19, 12:28 PM
*realizes he's been here for over a year*
Wow...time passes quick when you spend them on these boards....

:smalltongue::smallsmile:

<-

You'd be amazed.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-19, 12:30 PM

Never seen that film, but now that I know Blessed was in it I'll look it up, even though Reeves is in it.
But Blessed and Brannagh are in Henry V as well. Wonder how many plays Blessed's been in.
I also like the way you describe his acting:
"Brain Blessed was well Brian Blessed."
Large, large ham. And funny.

EmeraldRose
2008-10-19, 12:31 PM
There is always time for cake. It is not a lie. :smallwink:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/104/301125577_23ae96c6c1.jpg?v=0

Castaras
2008-10-19, 12:38 PM
Being a Certified Mathmatical Moron™, I say: pffffft! to your extra day! :smalltongue:

And there shall still be no cake.

Technically over 2 years for me, even though I only really started posting lots on January 16th 07. IIRC... *goes and checks town posts to confirm this*

Edit: Nope, 17-01-2007. Oh well.

The Bushranger
2008-10-19, 12:39 PM
*huggles*
*spots new avatar*
Awwwwwww..........

ER: Awesome cake!

Castaras
2008-10-19, 12:40 PM
*spots new avatar*
Awwwwwww..........

He requested it, I stoled it after I made it. :smalltongue:

Dr. Bath
2008-10-19, 12:41 PM
There is always time for cake. It is not a lie. :smallwink:

*snip*

Is it me, or does that dragon look suspiciously like Alf the alien? :smallconfused:

EmeraldRose
2008-10-19, 12:42 PM
ER: Awesome cake!
Google is your friend. :smallwink: And here you'd said you wanted no cake...for shame.

dish
2008-10-19, 12:43 PM
I don't think his acting was that bad but he was terrible in that role. Denzel Washington was pretty meh IIRC.

It was bad casting, I agree, but that doesn't excuse the wooden performance. He acted just as badly in Dangerous Liasons - which should have been a good casting decision (right age, at least). No, Keanu Reeves just can't do costume drama.

randman22222
2008-10-19, 12:43 PM
Is it me, or does that dragon look suspiciously like Alf the alien? :smallconfused:

Of what dragon speak you?

Anywho, Kenneth Braghnah, or however his last name is spelled, really does the best Hamlet of any version I've seen. I didn't actually like Mel Gibson's Hamlet. He acted somewhat juvenile...

EmeraldRose
2008-10-19, 12:57 PM

A little bit. If Alf were green, and larger than a castle...and a dragon. :smallwink:

Dr. Bath
2008-10-19, 01:07 PM
Shhh... the face. You know what I mean! :smallbiggrin:

Dragonrider
2008-10-19, 01:09 PM
Keanu Reeves was so awful that it hurts me to think about it.

Keanu. Reeves. Hurts. My. Brain.

Honestly, his presence in any film explains, in my opinion, any hatred it might recieve.

But I like Much Ado About Nothing. Kenneth Branagh is great, I always like Emma Thompson, and their relationship is hilariously great. Especially the sequence where they're being tricked into admitting they love each other...I just like it. And the end panning-out-circling sequence where everyone is dancing is cool simply because it was done all in one take.

But I agree that Denzel Washington is distinctly out of place for being a lone African-American in the middle of Italy. :smalltongue:

EmeraldRose
2008-10-19, 01:11 PM
Shhh... the face. You know what I mean! :smallbiggrin:

Yeah I know :smallbiggrin: But who said I had to make it easy on you? Hmm? Where are they so I can get them next? :smalltongue:

Oregano
2008-10-19, 01:18 PM
But I agree that Denzel Washington is distinctly out of place for being a lone African-American in the middle of Italy. :smalltongue:

It's colour blind casting, it's everywhere nowadays.

Jibar
2008-10-19, 01:37 PM
Plan: Need to get that essay done tonight, or tomorrow. Though she wanted it Friday, I couldn't get it done and said I'd email it to her this weekend. Other stuff then got in the way, and I really don't have the energy to do it tonight. If I do it tomorrow though, I'll have the other one to do as well, but in one big chunk I can just do it at 2am. I don't even see her until Friday anyway.
Also, because I totally forgot when I had Cat-Muffin week scheduled for, I need to finish up my avatar and do a quick list of Cat-Muffinmicon entries to type up later in the week. I also need to get a copy of all the Cat-Muffins to put into the poster.
Plus I need to work out how the hell I'm going to make back that money I lost buying Vic from Getzer or whatever his name is. $1000! $1000! I had to shift so much crap to get that! I could kill him, but my Small Guns skills is abyssmal, and I don't think Vic or Cassidy could hold their own against any of the other guys.
And I need to work out how I'm going to sneak into this NSF warehouse to deactivate the generator. I seem to always trip the alarm when I try, so I might try messing about with the LAMs and gas mines I've got.
And I need to redownload Steamboy, since the version I've got is an English dub but has these ridiculous subtitles that take up half the screen and just don't make sense sometimes.

Busy busy busy.

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-19, 01:50 PM

Grr...

I hate that bolded term there.

Someone is born in the States, lives in the States, dies in the States. He never gets even close to Africa.

Why the hell do you call him African?! Call him a black guy or something, but he's not African! He's American!

We certainly don't call people "African-Turks" because they are black. :smallsigh:

Dragonrider
2008-10-19, 02:02 PM
Because "African-American" is politically correct, whilst "black" is sometimes considered racist considering most dark-skinned people are brown, not black. :smalltongue:

I dunno...I just don't use it because my cousins are "of color" (I guess that's really the 'proper' term, though it basically denotes anyone non-Caucasian, meaning where I live it's more likely to refer to Indians - American Indians - who, yes, prefer that to Native American) and they don't like the term "black".

I think it's a dumb catagorization technique anyway. :smalltongue: I don't object to color-blind casting at all, it just strikes me in Much Ado About Nothing as a little unusual.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-19, 02:32 PM
Hey, DRider, you're avvie's gone. :smalleek:
You're invisdible! Or gone . . .

Quick! Help me find my almost - triplet.
*panics*

EDIT:
Never mind; you've just found your cat - muffin pet. Cute is it?

Tragic_Comedian
2008-10-19, 02:32 PM

BWAHAHA! It really does!

Castaras
2008-10-19, 02:34 PM
I can see DR's avvie. I think my other almost triplet has a problem with her nets.

Edit: Koorly's also a simu-editer.

Tragic_Comedian
2008-10-19, 02:37 PM
Never seen that film, but now that I know Blessed was in it I'll look it up, even though Reeves is in it.
But Blessed and Brannagh are in Henry V as well. Wonder how many plays Blessed's been in.
I also like the way you describe his acting:
"Brain Blessed was well Brian Blessed."
Large, large ham. And funny.

I think Brian Blessed is awesome.

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-19, 02:37 PM
I can see DR's avvie. I think my other almost triplet has a problem with her nets.

Aaaaah! Cute curly-haired girls confuse me!

But I've got a way of telling you apart.

Quick, which one of you had the hot boyfriend, which one of you had a crush on me and which one of you wanted nothing to do with me?

Oregano
2008-10-19, 02:43 PM
I think Brian Blessed is awesome.

Nobody thinks Brian Blessed is awesome, he just is. It's a universal constant.

Castaras
2008-10-19, 02:58 PM
Aaaaah! Cute curly-haired girls confuse me!

But I've got a way of telling you apart.

Quick, which one of you had the hot boyfriend, which one of you had a crush on me and which one of you wanted nothing to do with me?

Triplet with the hot boyfriend here. :smallwink:

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-19, 03:00 PM
So, you're... Curly, right?

Dragonrider
2008-10-19, 03:00 PM
Hey, DRider, you're avvie's gone. :smalleek:
You're invisdible! Or gone . . .

Quick! Help me find my almost - triplet.
*panics*

EDIT:
Never mind; you've just found your cat - muffin pet. Cute is it?

Photobucket was being a jerk. :smalltongue:

:smallbiggrin: But I is proud to be a triplet.

@TRD: :smallconfused: Which of those catagories is supposed to be me?

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-19, 03:02 PM
Hmm...

Well, Curly is the one with the hot boyfriend.

Cassie is the one with the crush on me.

DR is the one who wants nothing to do with me.

Either that, or my method totally fails and I should find a new one.

Castaras
2008-10-19, 03:04 PM
^.- I don't have a crush on you.

That would be wrong. :smalltongue:

Considering you adopted me as your sister, and all that. :smalltongue:

Dragonrider
2008-10-19, 03:05 PM
Hmm...

Well, Curly is the one with the hot boyfriend.

Cassie is the one with the crush on me.

DR is the one who wants nothing to do with me.

Either that, or my method totally fails and I should find a new one.

I don't want nothing to do with you. And does Curly have a hot boyfriend? :smalleek: What has my sister been up to???? :smallbiggrin:

Yeah. I think you need a new methord.

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-19, 03:10 PM
So...

Curly is the one with the crush on me.

DR is the one with the hot boyfriend.

Cassie is the one who wants nothing to do with me.

If this is also wrong, I'm just quitting this whole deal and returning to something easy - like advanced quantum physics.

The Bushranger
2008-10-19, 03:13 PM
I believe the operative saying is:

"One out of three isn't bad"?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-19, 03:14 PM
DR has a hot boyfriend? Has she been holding out on telling me?:smallsigh:

Castaras
2008-10-19, 03:16 PM
Still wrong Khan. :smalltongue:

*stabs and destroys Dallas a few more times for trying to skin the fox* :smallannoyed:

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-19, 03:19 PM
Dammit!

Now, I'm gonna build a huge lazor gun to destroy the world due to this annoyance. Don't try to stop me, m'kay?

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-19, 03:21 PM
Cassie has the hot boyfriend.
And as far as I know; none of us want nothing to do with you, so maybe both the other sisters have crushes on you?
You who happen to have have apparently adopted Cassie as a sister? Confusion?

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-19, 03:23 PM
Yeah, apparently, you're all only half-sisters.

Or I have some really awkward feelings which should not be there.

Like, if I share a father with Cassie, you three only share a mother. Cause otherwise it'd be very... creepy.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-19, 03:24 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o135/legolas-maxx/ITPfamily14.png
Be scared...Very Scared...

Oregano
2008-10-19, 03:25 PM
It sounds a bit creepy anyway.:smalltongue:

Is that from the Crush'd thread D-D?

EDIT: No, it's a family tree.

The Bushranger
2008-10-19, 03:27 PM
Family WEB is more like it. :smalleek:

Dallas-Dakota
Don't you like the weeds I've been mappping?:smalltongue:

Castaras

You STILL haven't added Khan to that mess. :smalltongue:

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-19, 03:28 PM
Yes, and I'm also the brother of the Librarian and Fax_Celestis. And 'larra's my mother. Which makes me related to pretty much everyone.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-19, 04:05 PM
You STILL haven't added Khan to that mess. :smalltongue:
Who?
When?
What?
How?
Why?

Wait, lets stick to Who, who is this Khan you speak of?
And when did he(sounds like a he) ask to be added to who?
And what aids have you given him into asking him when to be added to who?
And how have you given him aids to asking him when to be added to who?
And why have you given him aids to asking him how to be added when to who?

*does not know of that certain request*

I can't hear you ... Llalalalallala...

Castaras
2008-10-19, 04:09 PM
The Rose Dragon, then. :smallwink: I still think of him as Khan...<.<

bosssmiley
2008-10-19, 04:56 PM
Nobody thinks Brian Blessed is awesome, he just is. It's a universal constant.

Behold the magnificence (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yxaVxF1D0XM)! The greatest actor ever in the greatest cut of the greatest film ever.

I should mention at this point that BRIAN BLESSED is, in fact, the primary strategic deterrent of the Neo-Britannic Empire. We have the technology to channel the power of one of his soliloquies into a coherent beam capable of inducing earthquakes, tsumanis and universal bowel purgation in any who anger us, or who obscure our view of Venus.

"The tea must flow!"

Oregano
2008-10-19, 04:57 PM
Brian Blessed is one of the true masters of Kiai Shouting.

We should actually do some Brian Blessed facts.

Haruki-kun
2008-10-19, 05:13 PM

I think my head a splode. :smallbiggrin:

Thufir
2008-10-19, 05:28 PM
Anywho, Kenneth Braghnah, or however his last name is spelled, really does the best Hamlet of any version I've seen. I didn't actually like Mel Gibson's Hamlet. He acted somewhat juvenile...

O_O

... Get out of my sight. Come back when you have learned to appreciate the value of restraint. And not being utterly ridiculous.

Sorry, but Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet is an abomination unto Shakespeare. He's a great actor, but his directing was... awful. At best.

Oregano
2008-10-19, 05:31 PM
Never seen it, lucky by the sounds of it. I liked Much Ado Nothing but the directing wasn't great, pretty good though. Frankenstein was another good adaption of an older work that he did(in my opinion anyway).

On acting, he was awesome in Wild Wild West.

Dragonrider
2008-10-19, 05:35 PM
The Rose Dragon, then. :smallwink: I still think of him as Khan...<.<

Me too.

Also: I have no boyfriend. Ergo, he cannot possibly be hot. :smallamused:

Thufir
2008-10-19, 05:41 PM
*Searches for a while*
Oh, that Frankenstein. I disagree with your opinion. Wikipedia says it's more faithful to the book than many previous versions though, so that's something. I'll allow that it's decent, probably quite good if you haven't read the book.

Oregano
2008-10-19, 05:43 PM
Well I haven't completed the book but I read quite a bit of it in English and I thought the film was good but the part where the monster rips out Frankenstein's wife's heart was just silly.

Skippy
2008-10-19, 11:43 PM
So, today was my last day at work. As from tomorrow, I'm joining the ranks of the unemployed once more.

Hopefully with my last payments I'll have enough to buy me a 360...

Zakama
2008-10-20, 12:25 AM
So, today was my last day at work. As from tomorrow, I'm joining the ranks of the unemployed once more.

360 + unemployment = good life.

Skippy
2008-10-20, 12:27 AM
360 + unemployment = good life.

Only if I have enough money left to buy at least a game. Otherwise it would suck.

Rawhide
2008-10-20, 02:31 AM

Why are you quitting your job?

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-20, 07:49 AM
Were you fired or did you quit?
*hugs* anway.

Ugh, it's raining today and what I forecast last Tuesday came true. The E Lang work we should have done (and all but I didn't do) before that lesson was done during the lesson.
But as I'd done it I had nowt to do. Naturally, we had to do that today, but as E Lang Girl Lecturer was away I had absolutely nothing to do.
Again.
If it weren't for the fact I have French in *sigh* an hour and a half I'd have been able to go home at eleven o'clock today. Well, catch the elevenish bus to get home before one.
Eleven! And I never get to leave early.
Also my wisdom teeth are coming in and it feels odd. Just little jaggedy points at the back of my mouth.
And on top of this irrespressible boredom I found one good thing. A good copy of Paradise Lost on the classroom bookshelf which I borrowed and began to read; still took me ages just to get through the introduction. But good.
Anywho, what happiness I felt was soon deprived as Shanty Man failed to show up for our normal Monday chitchat. And I got mildly wet reading in the lee of the building. And then very wet crossing campus slowly to pay the balance on my English trip.

Also, owing to the fact that I was up (unjustly) till three or four am Saturday I slept in unreasonably late (try after three pm - I shudder thinking about how tired I must have been for that to happen) and as a consequence wasn't tired last night.
I may have dozed, but that's all. No sleep. Luckily, my secret stash of choclate eclair sweeties's keeping me awake and going throughout the day. At least until I get home and collapse in a damp patch of clothing on my bed bemoaning my almost begun Classics essay.
And then sleeping. :smallsmile:

Uncle Festy
2008-10-20, 08:41 AM
And then sleeping. :smallsmile:

Yay for sleep! :smallbiggrin:

randman22222
2008-10-20, 08:58 AM
Restraint? I've only seen two versions of Hamlet; Brannagh's and Gibson's. And I said that Brannagh's was the best version I've seen.
And I need restraint? Okay, now I'm starting to need restraint, because I make the internets into serious business, but still. Check out my wording. :smalltongue:

Now... To do hwk...

SMEE
2008-10-20, 09:06 AM
GAHHHHH! My biological clock is completly and utterly lost! :smalleek:

It can't be noon right now! It can't be!!! :smalleek:

*bashes head against nearby desk*

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-20, 09:16 AM
It's more than completely lost. It's backwards.

Considering it's late afternoon, anyway.

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-20, 09:20 AM
It's only 20 after nine A.M here...

...it's going to be a long day...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-20, 09:21 AM
GAHHHHH! My biological clock is completly and utterly lost! :smalleek:

It can't be noon right now! It can't be!!! :smalleek:

*bashes head against nearby desk*
What is a bioligcal clock? :smallconfused:

Biological clock got destroyed when I started waking up to many times in the night...When I was 10 orso...

TwoBitWriter
2008-10-20, 09:26 AM
I'm officially back. At work, in dreary Mundania (Cookie to whomever gets the reference! :smallwink:)

Anyhow, I got a lot of work to do, but I will work on getting those wedding and honeymoon pictures here. Should I make a seperate thread for them? :smallconfused:

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-20, 09:28 AM
Just use the You thread. It's what I did.

Haruki-kun
2008-10-20, 09:30 AM
My biological clock sucks. A friend of mine told me I needed to get 8 hours of sleep in a row at night. That's NOT gonna happen. :smallsigh:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-20, 09:31 AM
My biological clock sucks. A friend of mine told me I needed to get 8 hours of sleep in a row at night. That's NOT gonna happen. :smallsigh:
This....friend of yours, he certainly has some crazy ideas...

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-20, 09:32 AM
Sad part is, I do get around 7 to 8 hours of sleep, but mornings still suck and leave me tired...

Haruki-kun
2008-10-20, 09:38 AM
I can't remember the last time I slept 8 hours on a school night. I finish my homework late and wake up early for school. 8 hours is not an option.

And I'm pretty sure most people also have to go through this.

Jack Squat
2008-10-20, 09:42 AM
I'm actually fine with about 5 hours of sleep a night. I get about 7 now, but I really don't need it.

Also, mornings always suck for me, but I'm cursed in that I can't sleep past 10:30. Trust me, I've tried.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-20, 09:42 AM
An optimal school night consists of 7 hours of sleep for me.
That is counting that my sleeping pills work and that I don´t wake up in the middle of the night.

Which I always do, usually a few times. And sleeping pills usually take some time to effect so. Usually 5-6 hours of sleep is the school night norm.

Haruki-kun
2008-10-20, 09:45 AM
I'm actually fine with about 5 hours of sleep a night. I get about 7 now, but I really don't need it.

I started going to the gym recently. This friend of mine's been going for ages. I made a comment about it to him and he told me to get 8 hours of sleep every night.

........<.< So, yeah...

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-20, 09:45 AM
I'm officially back. At work, in dreary Mundania (Cookie to whomever gets the reference! :smallwink:)

I'm pretty sure that's Xanth.

Anyways, I too have quit my job, though my last day isn't till next Thursday. I have quit my job because it, to be frank, sucked. And now I shall go to a better job.

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-20, 09:53 AM
I wish I could just up and leave this job, I really do. But considering how long it took me to land this job and how the job market here has only gotten worse, I just don't have that option anymore.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-20, 09:55 AM
I wish I could just up and leave this job, I really do. But considering how long it took me to land this job and how the job market here has only gotten worse, I just don't have that option anymore.
Hasn´t it pretty much everywhere?

Haruki-kun
2008-10-20, 09:56 AM
Hasn´t it pretty much everywhere?

Indeed. Dark times approach.

......but, uhm...... is global economy considered politics? <.<

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-20, 09:57 AM
Hardly, it varies from area to area.

Take Texas, 10 years ago it wasn't worthwhile to drill all those old oil wells because the oil just wasn't worth that much. Today, now that that oil's worth around 3 times as much, it is, and the industry has been expanding.

Here, though, for someone with a degree in English (damn me and my wanting to study something I actually enjoy...), it's slim pickings...

Phase
2008-10-20, 10:05 AM
I'm glad I wont have to go job hunting for at least three years! It sounds like a pain.

Groundhog
2008-10-20, 12:16 PM
Oh, it is. It is. And it's not made any easier by the fact that your friend always finds a job after only a few interviews, whereas you've been applying and going to interviews for months on end and still can't find anything.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-20, 12:18 PM
Marngarfflagle.
I also forgot about the embarrassment of what would happen in French. Showing off photos of us when we were children. And by showing off showing them to people whilst being absolutely mortified. I only had one good photo; and that's the Wednesday Addams Photo where it was a group shot of me and all my siblings.
Reason for the now: anyone here seen Addams Family Values (I think that's the name of the one with the baby) where Wednesday and Pgusley get 'brainwashed' into being happy at camp?
And the smile she makes?
That's the exact smile I make; plus my eyes are looking to my right so it looks very creepy. It was also a group school photo.
And everyone who's seen it comments on my Wednesday Addams moment.

Sleepwise; I get maybe six hours a day max. I 'go to bed' around midnight so my insomnia sends me off about two I'd say. And I'd be up at seven. But that last hour was me dozing on and off after bing woken up by the alarm.

Also: my wisdom teeth are now causing much pain and I can't find the pertinent quotes for my Classics essay.:smallannoyed:

Oregano
2008-10-20, 12:30 PM
Does it have to be a real quote?:smalltongue:, if we're working off our own sources I sometime's take quotes from random places and source them to a website or news article or something.

Whew, I only did two out of four lots of homework due for today but I got geography done during dinner break and my film tutor didn't have a chance to check so I was off the hook there.:smallsigh: We're watching This Is England for identity study now.

EDIT: I get about six to seven hours sleep also, usually go asleep sometime between 12 and 1 and wake up at seven, or sometimes about six thirty.

Phase
2008-10-20, 12:30 PM
I also forgot about the embarrassment of what would happen in French. Showing off photos of us when we were children. And by showing off showing them to people whilst being absolutely mortified. I only had one good photo; and that's the Wednesday Addams Photo where it was a group shot of me and all my siblings.
Reason for the now: anyone here seen Addams Family Values (I think that's the name of the one with the baby) where Wednesday and Pgusley get 'brainwashed' into being happy at camp?
And the smile she makes?
That's the exact smile I make; plus my eyes are looking to my right so it looks very creepy. It was also a group school photo.
And everyone who's seen it comments on my Wednesday Addams moment.

I remember that movie. You must have looked relly creepy as a child...

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-20, 12:31 PM
It was Addams Family Values. I can't remember that smile. All I can really remember about the film is that woman trying to kill Uncle Fester.

Oregano
2008-10-20, 12:33 PM
Phase, how goes the comic?

I haven't had a chance to make any recently, I'm hoping you've had better luck.:smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-20, 12:41 PM
Aww´d.
I just hit myself in they eye. Accidentally. And hard.

:smallannoyed:

Groundhog
2008-10-20, 12:46 PM
How'd that happen?

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-20, 12:51 PM
Does it have to be a real quote?:smalltongue:

. . .
*resists sarcasm*
I'll quote you my essay title (which does not make sense or seems very odd:
"What does the chorus in Oedipus the King contribute to the impact on the audience of the events presented?"
See, it's a very . . . awkward title.
And 'real quote'? Considering it's a play: yah!

And this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T89dQxMbiUA&feature=related) smile is the one I whipped off in that photo. But I had a pageboy haircut which does detract from the Addams factor.
I still idolise her; she's amazing.
So yeah Phase, I was quite creepy.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-20, 12:52 PM
Run from kitchen.
Grab couch.
Thus make 160 degree turn, using the couch to hang on. Stand down. Release. And tada.

And the beautifull thing was, I did it with my elbow, not sure if that was healthy for my arm...

Oregano
2008-10-20, 12:54 PM
Oh right, I'm terrible at quoting plays and books, I always pick useless quotes and then explain them but they're just wrong.:smallannoyed:

Yer, that's a long title, unweildy too.Could you not change it to say "Impact of Oedipus the King's Chorus on the Audience"? Probably not, but I always shorten titles.

Groundhog
2008-10-20, 12:55 PM
Bravo! Bravo! And as far as I know, as long as it didn't hurt your elbow, you're probably fine. Elbows were made to be abused. Your eye is a different matter entirely.

Phase
2008-10-20, 12:59 PM
Phase, how goes the comic?

Meh, slower than I'd like. I'll get better on thursday.

And Ouch, eyes are fragile.

randman22222
2008-10-20, 01:00 PM
Bravo! Bravo! And as far as I know, as long as it didn't hurt your elbow, you're probably fine. Elbows were made to be abused.

Meh, if you hit your elbow just right, like I've been doing repeatedly, you can pop your arm out, for lack of a better way to describe it, at your shoulder joint. It's like dislocating it, but the muscles pull it back in before it has a chance to dislocate. Then your arm hurts like crazy, and is useless for about 20 minutes.
:smallsigh:

Since those two time, my shoulders been cracking, like you'd crack your knuckles. At least it works still. Without pain.

Oregano
2008-10-20, 01:04 PM
Meh, slower than I'd like. I'll get better on thursday.

And Ouch, eyes are fragile.

Awesome, looking forward to the next strip.:smallbiggrin:

Groundhog
2008-10-20, 01:07 PM
Okay, elbows were made to be abused somewhat. I never knew that a blow to the elbow could actually injure your shoulder. That's like...unfair.

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-20, 01:08 PM
Meh, if you hit your elbow just right, like I've been doing repeatedly, you can pop your arm out, for lack of a better way to describe it, at your shoulder joint. It's like dislocating it, but the muscles pull it back in before it has a chance to dislocate. Then your arm hurts like crazy, and is useless for about 20 minutes.
:smallsigh:

Since those two time, my shoulders been cracking, like you'd crack your knuckles. At least it works still. Without pain.

Smack that small gap in the elbow joint just right and your entire will go numb for awhile and be weak for some time after that.

Took a shot there with the unpadded part of a padded practice sword once, my arm was too weak to even pick up the padded sword.

Phase
2008-10-20, 01:14 PM
That's like...unfair.

Truly, anatomical consistant responses to trauma are akin to cheating at backgammon. Sorry if this comes out sounding rude.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-20, 01:26 PM
Oh right, I'm terrible at quoting plays and books, I always pick useless quotes and then explain them but they're just wrong.:smallannoyed:

Yer, that's a long title, unweildy too.Could you not change it to say "Impact of Oedipus the King's Chorus on the Audience"? Probably not, but I always shorten titles.

No.
It's an essay title. Can't be changed because doing so changes the nature of the question.
What I think Classics Lecturer is asking is for us to relate how the 'actions' and speeches of the chorus help the audience to relate to what's on stage and how they (the audience) react to them.
I've got some good stuff, but the problem is defining that they're still IC/OOC characters at exactly the same time; often have no actual influence on the play (except in this one they do vis a vis Creon); discuss how they actually often think out what the adience 'should' be feeling re: Prophecy is false! (which is very bad and relates well to contemporary things) and then the opposite.
How they don't.

ALso I think I may have French homework in for tomorrow as well.:smallconfused:

Oregano
2008-10-20, 01:54 PM
My teachers never seem bothered, I usually but a shortened title, then right the question, then answer it, in my opinion it looks nicer. Especially when you do on a computer and make the question italic.

bosssmiley
2008-10-20, 01:55 PM
. . .
*resists sarcasm*
I'll quote you my essay title (which does not make sense or seems very odd:

"What does the chorus in Oedipus the King contribute to the impact on the audience of the events presented?"

See, it's a very . . . awkward title.

It's perfectly simple. Replace 'chorus' with 'soundtrack'. It's a 'knowledge of dramatic technique' question. Examine what would be lacking in the play (and in the audiences' comprehension thereof) if the chorus wasn't there.

I don't know Oedipus Rex as a play, but I can spot that type of question a mile off. :smallamused:

Unrelated to Curlyclassicistgirl's Greek travails, or to the elbow-bashing discussion: a question for my /RB/-ish brethren (and sistren):

Given that the several-score channels on the 'lectric fishtank are all filled with mind-numbing drivel, to what fine cinematic work should Eggy direct his attention this evening? :smallconfused:

Dragonrider
2008-10-20, 01:57 PM
For my anthropology course I have to do an "ethnographic essay" on someplace I'm not-too-comfortable with applying some anthropological theory (structuralism, symbolism, or somethingselseIcan'tremember). And it's not letting me onto the syllabus so I can't do my homework for today. ghawerihfao;gjvkan! :smallfurious:

*ahem*

Otherwise....

I've been crocheting in my "spare time". :smallwink: :smallamused:

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-20, 02:15 PM
It's perfectly simple. Replace 'chorus' with 'soundtrack'. It's a 'knowledge of dramatic technique' question. Examine what would be lacking in the play (and in the audiences' comprehension thereof) if the chorus wasn't there.

I don't know Oedipus Rex as a play, but I can spot that type of question a mile off. :smallamused:

Unrelated to Curlyclassicistgirl's Greek travails, or to the elbow-bashing discussion: a question for my /RB/-ish brethren (and sistren):

Given that the several-score channels on the 'lectric fishtank are all filled with mind-numbing drivel, to what fine cinematic work should Eggy direct his attention this evening? :smallconfused:

Final Destination 2?

I dunno, kinda surprised me, maybe do the same for you.

Granted, I went in with really low expectations...

...and we'd been drinking all night...

...maybe not, then.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-20, 02:16 PM
Don't worry; I've already got the 'fourth actor' and running commentary/social commentary going on.
Besides; I got a B on my previous essay (I spent maybe an hour - hour thirty on it max) so I hope I can at least get an equal grade. I know what to write, but the thinking about it beforehand annoys me.

@DRider: that's one reason to be happy I go to a college. Very few syllabus problems due to computers.
Also: half term next week.

@Eggy:
One thing you can be glad you're missing is that ever - repeating advert for *shudders* High School Musical 3. One of the clips looks like a Disneyfied version of Chicago mixed with Cabaret (I think that's the title. The musical about the cabaret show in Nazi Germany) and worse.
Lots of pink.
And a basketball game you just know they're going to win because they're the good guys!

:smallfrown:
Children need good films and TV shows these days.

Speaking of; yet once more, there were college age kids discussing the amazingness that was El Nombre and all the oldtime educational shows and cartoons.
Slightly more disturbing ws the ease with which they talked about 'popping 'e's'; 'smoking weed', drinking and their numerous near - death experiences.

Dragonrider
2008-10-20, 02:22 PM
I think I'm actually going to do my paper on the linguistics of the college campus I visited...I mean that sounds pretty broad, I know, but in the 24 hours I was there (I spent the night) I saw a pretty interesting cross-section of cliques and their different slangs and manner of speaking was really interesting. So if I can just pull together an argument... :smalltongue:

I mean, everyone there - even sorority chicks, which was what my host's roommate was - were smart in a way that you don't really experience in high school. It really kind of surprised me. Their use of intelligent vocabulary (even hidden among "omg" and "what the f***" and "that's SO dope") was startling.

Yep. It's kind of scary how interesting I find this stuff. :smallamused:

wadledo
2008-10-20, 02:30 PM
Yep. It's kind of scary how interesting I find this stuff. :smallamused:

Yes, yes it is.
*cue smallness*

Dragonrider
2008-10-20, 02:41 PM
Yes, yes it is.
*cue smallness*

*HUGS*

Fisher. :smallamused:

Dr. Bath
2008-10-20, 02:44 PM

As in... in cinemas? If so I would recommend Burn after Reading. It's very funny, perhaps not on par with some of the other Coen Brothers' films but still, very very good. 'How to lose friends and alienate people' is apparently pretty *ahem* crummy, as a friend put it (this friend is a known Pegg-fan, and even that couldn't save it)

Other films... I heartily recommend I <3 Huckabees, as films about existential angst go, I'd rate it as the best. :smallbiggrin: Admittedly it's not to everyone's taste (only one of my friends likes it, the rest (who have actually seen it) hate it)

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-20, 02:49 PM
. . .
The lat film I saw in cinema was Shrek 2; the last film I bought was Pan's Labyrinth; I can say with some certainty that I know nothing about recent film releases.
At all.

@DRider: linguistics paper eh? Spoken language = transcripts and all those fiddly technical phrases and noting down paralinguistic features.
At least voiced fillers are easy.
So, no, not scary. High five of linguistic and language related geekery?

Oregano
2008-10-20, 02:51 PM
The last film I bought was a double set 28 days and weeks later, the other week. I know not much about films from the 00s but I'm pretty good for 80s and 90s, pretty good but not great.

Rawhide
2008-10-20, 03:17 PM
Did you know that CurlyKitGirl learns just by being near or around books? It's true!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/funny-pictures-cat-learns-through-osmosis.jpg

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-20, 03:20 PM
Did you know that CurlyKitGirl learns just by being near or around books? It's true!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/funny-pictures-cat-learns-through-osmosis.jpg

It really is.
:smallwink:
Best part about being semi- lolcat.

Uncle Festy
2008-10-20, 03:24 PM
We're watching This Is England for identity study now.
England?
THIS…
IS –
*is whacked over the head*
Ooooh… sorry about that.

It was Addams Family Values. I can't remember that smile. All I can really remember about the film is that woman trying to kill Uncle Fester.
What?!? Who? Where's the assassin –
Oh. Uncle Fester. My bad.

Don't worry; I've already got the 'fourth actor' and running commentary/social commentary going on.
Besides; I got a B on my previous essay (I spent maybe an hour - hour thirty on it max) so I hope I can at least get an equal grade. I know what to write, but the thinking about it beforehand annoys me.

@DRider: that's one reason to be happy I go to a college. Very few syllabus problems due to computers.
Also: half term next week.

@Eggy:
One thing you can be glad you're missing is that ever - repeating advert for *shudders* High School Musical 3. One of the clips looks like a Disneyfied version of Chicago mixed with Cabaret (I think that's the title. The musical about the cabaret show in Nazi Germany) and worse.
Lots of pink.
And a basketball game you just know they're going to win because they're the good guys!

Children need good films and TV shows these days.
Ugh, High School Musical – the bane of my existence. And you know, it wouldn't be that bad if everything about the movie was totally horrible. But the songs… they get stuck in your head like peanut butter to your craw! It's painful having to listen to that… "music"… over and over in my head!…
So… much… pain…
*curls up in a ball*

Dr. Bath
2008-10-20, 03:30 PM
What?!? Who? Where's the assassin –
Oh. Uncle Fester. My bad.

*hides cake slice*

*whistles innocently*

I've not had a problem with High School Musical. Mainly because I have managed to avoid each and every one. Phew. That was a close one apparently.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-20, 03:32 PM
Ugh, High School Musical – the bane of my existence. And you know, it wouldn't be that bad if everything about the movie was totally horrible. But the songs… they get stuck in your head like peanut butter to your craw! It's painful having to listen to that… "music"… over and over in my head!…
So… much… pain…
*curls up in a ball*

I want no reminding of this travesty to children's entertainment.
I had to dance to one of the songs when I was still able to go to dance club. Practicing to the song again and again and again over and over every Thursday for an hour and a half.
Plus a warm down to a different song.
Bopbopbop, bop to the top.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!:smalleek:

Phase
2008-10-20, 03:33 PM
Ugh, High School Musical – the bane of my existence. And you know, it wouldn't be that bad if everything about the movie was totally horrible. But the songs… they get stuck in your head like peanut butter to your craw! It's painful having to listen to that… "music"… over and over in my head!

It's much more entertaining if you imagine all the actors as penguins making squeeking noises.

And am I right in thinking that the term "Bane of my existance" is referring to bane, of Batman lore?

Uncle Festy
2008-10-20, 03:34 PM
Bopbopbop, bop to the top.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!:smalleek:

Aaaaargh! Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for the next three hours!
*gouges out eardrums*

wadledo
2008-10-20, 03:38 PM
Alright.
Enough of my DSM.
And to steer the topic away from the most hated of musicals.

Need quote for yearbook.
At this point, I'm stuck between John Donne, Andrew Marvell, Langston Hughes, Walt Whitman, and Francis Bacon.

Specifically?
I got nothin'.

Jibar
2008-10-20, 03:39 PM
Argh. I don't understand how I'm meant to write a philosophy essay.
There's no PEE!
There's only PE!
ONLY PE!

*sobs*

And I have TWO more to do this week. TWO more essays that I don't understand!

God how did I pass this last year.

Dragonrider
2008-10-20, 03:39 PM
Nonono. The worst one was "Get Your Head In the Game". Not only is it obnoxious, but when it gets stuck in your head while you're playing sports, THE LAST THING YOU CAN DO IS CONCENTRATE. :smallmad:
And it does get stuck in your head. Hooo baby, does it.
I only saw the first one.
Subsequent brain acid was not enough to wipe it from my memory...which is probably a good thing, because then I knew enough to say away from the proceeding one (and, God forbid, the third).

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-20, 03:42 PM
Point.
Evidence.
Explanation.

OR you could go:

Statement.
Example.
Analysis

What else is there?

CCAATTTP? Well, that's more analysing texts for E Lang, E Lit or Lang/Lit.
Personally I just go with saying something, quoting something and then analysing it. Or quoting, then giving a statement about it, then analysing.

Also; what're the other two on?

*is at a loss for how to conclude her essay*

wadledo
2008-10-20, 03:43 PM
[Scrubbed]

No!
The more you talk about "It", the more powerful "It" gets.:smallmad:

Dragonrider
2008-10-20, 03:44 PM
My writing teacher always said

How?
What?
Why?

Also: this is what I'm reading for anthro right now (http://anthro.palomar.edu/economy/default.htm). It's pretty interesting, actually. Especially considering the current state of our own economy. :smalltongue:

Edit: @Wadledo: For a sec I was like, "!!! :smalleek: What did I say that the mods objected to?!??!?!" :smallamused:

Then... "Oh. Darn you." :smallbiggrin:

Jibar
2008-10-20, 03:46 PM
Also; what're the other two on?

Two more philosophy ones. So that's two more essays that are absolute crap.
Then I have an English one I forgot about for Thursday which I'll do terrible on as well.
And after I snapped today in Drama...

Basically: Nothing Jibar does is going right.

He's probably going to go back to sobbing in a corner for a while.

Dragonrider
2008-10-20, 03:47 PM

Jibar invented Catmuffins.

Jibar is awesome.

We loves Jibar. :smallbiggrin:

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-20, 03:51 PM
Two more philosophy ones. So that's two more essays that are absolute crap.
Then I have an English one I forgot about for Thursday which I'll do terrible on as well.
And after I snapped today in Drama...

*much hugs*
*releases*

JIBBERS!
Halp quickly please: when you're talking about an interpretation of a play and how it's arranged(?) is there a proper way for it and if so what's it called?
I can offer help on English if you want?
Ah, two Philosophy essays a week, yeah, my philosphy mates get that too. Are annoyed; especially when they did Hume.

*goes back to hugging*
*doesn't nom*
*does pinch glasses for a second though*

Uncle Festy
2008-10-20, 03:51 PM

Just look at your sig, Jibjab!
It's Catmuffin week! Celebrate! Be happy! Write in the Catmuffinomicon!
Don't worry, be happy!

wadledo
2008-10-20, 03:52 PM

I can has space in corner to, pleaze?:smallconfused::smallfrown:

Dragonrider
2008-10-20, 03:56 PM
Normally I would be joining you all in a corner, but today I'm in a good mood for a change. :smallbiggrin:

Two things:

1) I did 400 jumping jacks in the last 20 minutes and I'm not even tired. MUAHAHAHA! My knee is better!

2) My 11-year-old brother and I now wear the same shoe size. SIGH.

Jibar
2008-10-20, 03:59 PM
Halp quickly please: when you're talking about an interpretation of a play and how it's arranged(?) is there a proper way for it and if so what's it called?

The way it's performed on stage?
That would be the dramatisation.
If it's for an English essay, make sure not to go overboard. There's a lot you can say about it, but you should only talk about what's relevent to your current topic.

And don't worry about help. This week's just going horribly as well and I'm probably in line for another breakdown sometime round Friday. Just gotta grin and bear it all...

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-20, 04:06 PM
Normally I would be joining you all in a corner, but today I'm in a good mood for a change. :smallbiggrin:

Two things:

1) I did 400 jumping jacks in the last 20 minutes and I'm not even tired. MUAHAHAHA! My knee is better!

2) My 11-year-old brother and I now wear the same shoe size. SIGH.

1) I've done 0 jumping jacks in two years. Not even tired. :smalltongue:

2) I've very small so I've always had small feet. Still quite big comparatively though.

EDIT:
@^: that's the bunny. I'm just concluding my essay on How the Chorus in Oedipus the King is Effective in something or other involving the audience.
So I'm doing it by talking about the chorus' in Oedipus Tyrannos depends on how it's dramatised each time around because it obviously has relevance to how the audience is affected by them.

Dragonrider
2008-10-20, 04:26 PM
1) I've done 0 jumping jacks in two years. Not even tired. :smalltongue:

2) I've very small so I've always had small feet. Still quite big comparatively though.

1) well, I'm just delighted because just a week ago I would have been hobbling around on a wounded knee for the rest of the day. The 400 was simply me being an overachiever. :smallwink:

2) Yeah, my feet are big for someone my height but small in general.

Castaras
2008-10-20, 04:40 PM
1) well, I'm just delighted because just a week ago I would have been hobbling around on a wounded knee for the rest of the day. The 400 was simply me being an overachiever. :smallwink:

1) I did some jumping jacks in aerobics the week before last. So tiring...:smalleek:

2) I r big foot. Size 7 feet, around 5" 7'. :smallsigh: Really hard to get sensible shoes in that size that aren't guy shoes.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-20, 04:45 PM

Wounded shmounded. Why bother? Apart from the tennis thing. And swimming? I remember you said something about swimming?

Well, I'm wonderfully unathletic. I used to like hockey and rounders. Mainly because the first one was just fantastic fun and you could 'accidentally' maim someone and the latter because you often hung around doing nothing but chatting.
But yeah; one week after a wounded knee and all those is very good. Definitely overachieving. I'd have milked it for all it was worth but Koorly is lazy.

EDIT:
@^: Well, size seven feet, maybe five foot high. Five ft one max.

Rawhide
2008-10-20, 04:54 PM
Try having size 13 (AUS) feet (which works out to size 14 (US)).

Oregano
2008-10-20, 04:56 PM
I have size 12 feet(British), not massive but pretty big.

paddyfool
2008-10-20, 05:16 PM
British=AUS as far as feet are concerned, iirc. So that would be size 13 US.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-20, 05:20 PM
*is terribly confused by all these english speaking shoe-sizes*

Because I think we dutch and probably most of europe uses a different shoe size system....

Dragonrider
2008-10-20, 05:26 PM
*checks Google for shoe size conversions*

Ahh. My feet are

USA women's: Size 8
USA men's: Size 6/6.5
UK women's: Size 5.5

But that's my right foot. My left is a quarter size to a half-size bigger.

:smallamused: I guess I have little feet after all.

Oregano
2008-10-20, 05:27 PM
Yep, there's european shoe sizes where it's like 49 or something for me. Not sure, might be completely wrong.

Thufir
2008-10-20, 05:32 PM
Well, I'm wonderfully unathletic. I used to like hockey and rounders. Mainly because the first one was just fantastic fun and you could 'accidentally' maim someone and the latter because you often hung around doing nothing but chatting.

I used to be quite athletically inclined. I represented North Tyneside in the under 13 400m. Kept up athletics for until some time in year 10, when I got really into chess, and all forms of physical exercise just kind of dropped out of my life. Apart from walking.

Feet? I'm never sure about my shoe size. Somewhere between 9.5 and 10.5.

Allysian
2008-10-20, 05:34 PM
I has size 12 AND a half. Nothing fits!!! And i'm only 12! I is 5' 8/9" too. I feel so big..:smallfrown:Woe is me! Says the boy who goes to an eight thousand dollar a year private school. I feel so selfish.:smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-20, 05:37 PM
Yep, there's european shoe sizes where it's like 49 or something for me. Not sure, might be completely wrong.

Then you have. really. really. really big feet.......

Dragonrider
2008-10-20, 05:40 PM
Oh yes, as for athletics....
I never was much athletically inclined till this year, mostly because getting in shape is damn hard...but staying that way is surprisingly easier than I thought it was. Anyway, I play tennis and do karate (though often it gets to Tuesday night and after a three-hour chem lab I don't go...interaction with other people steals my energy). I also ran cross-country (not on a team, just for fun) before my knee problem. SIGH. :smallfrown:
But I'm not a NATURAL athlete. My second brother is. He's good at every sport he's ever tried. And if I had to choose between my sedentary activities and my athletic ones...I'd choose the former in a heartbeat. :smalltongue:

SMEE
2008-10-20, 05:50 PM
http://www.runtheplanet.com/resources/tools/shoesizeconversion.asp

For your convenience. :smallamused:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-20, 06:12 PM
Dutch shoes are not on there.:smallannoyed:
I think the closest would most likely be the spanish or italian one...

Tragic_Comedian
2008-10-20, 06:14 PM
So, tomorrow's celebrity day at my school...

Any ideas on who I could be?

Jack Squat
2008-10-20, 06:24 PM
So, tomorrow's celebrity day at my school...

Any ideas on who I could be?

is there anyone you kinda sorta look like?

If not, your choices are Charlie Chaplain or Charlie Brown as a ghost

Tragic_Comedian
2008-10-20, 06:25 PM
is there anyone you kinda sorta look like?

If not, your choices are Charlie Chaplain or Charlie Brown as a ghost

Charlie Chaplain might not be a bad idea.

Skippy
2008-10-20, 06:28 PM
Why are you quitting your job?

Sorry about the delay. School all day, you know...

Anyway, answering this question, it was kind of... a lot of circumstances that gathered in a really short time.

I talked to my boss about two weeks ago and told her I needed to work less hours, because I wasn't paying enough attention at school due to the work. I wasn't making my homework or studying at all, and I told her so. She told me it was ok, and I'd only work on weekends. So it was ok at that time. Then, last Monday or so she told me that her boss had made some arrangements, and she'd become the manager in other store, and the new manager would bring someone from his own staff, so they didn't need me anymore, particularly since I was going to work a lot less now.

So, I got what I wanted (kinda), and the store got what it needed, or so I hope. So that's how things are now.

I'm only waiting to know when I'm going to be payed.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-10-20, 08:35 PM
Right. In lieu of Cat-Muffin week month, I'm making a new holiday:

Shas'aia Week!

In which we Shasinate our avvies, signatures, etc. . .

All who agree, say "Aye".

*Crickets chirping*

Right. . . I'll just leave. . .

Copacetic
2008-10-20, 08:41 PM
Right. In lieu of Cat-Muffin week month, I'm making a new holiday:

Shas'aia Week!

In which we Shasinate our avvies, signatures, etc. . .

All who agree, say "Aye".

*Crickets chirping*

Right. . . I'll just leave. . .

That would actually be an intresting idea; have a week in which we apply peoples traits to our avatars. Though after going through Catmuffin, Then Shas week, Then Magtok week our half metal, villanous, Flying, Dual-wielding Catmuffins wouldn't be so unique. :smallwink:

Quincunx
2008-10-21, 04:15 AM
Alright.
Enough of my DSM.
And to steer the topic away from the most hated of musicals.

Need quote for yearbook.
At this point, I'm stuck between John Donne, Andrew Marvell, Langston Hughes, Walt Whitman, and Francis Bacon.

Specifically?
I got nothin'.

It'd be better to attune your ears for a week to the banter in the hallways and record something that'll remind you later of school, not of some dusty dude who never seemed to show up for classes.

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-21, 04:15 AM
That sounds awkward, RS. (Good luck on getting paid soon.) My acne has been a lot better since I started at university. Judging by how it also improved during a holiday a couple of months back, I'm guessing that the hard water in Lincolnshire wasn't helping it for some reason.

bosssmiley
2008-10-21, 04:17 AM
Need quote for yearbook.

Specifically?
I got nothin'.

That would do.
"Specifically? I got nothin'." -- Wadledoor
"See you ad here."

I used to be quite athletically inclined. I represented North Tyneside in the under 13 400m. Kept up athletics for until some time in year 10, when I got really into chess, and all forms of physical exercise just kind of dropped out of my life. Apart from walking.

Lol at youthful Geordie lemming emulation. I presume you were drawn into it by the spurious glamour of the annual Great North Idiot Herding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_North_Run) (unfortunately we no longer drive the sweaty, Deep Heat-stinking livestock over the cliffs at Marsden) :smalltongue:

Congratulations on your eventual discovery of the joys of inertia. You simply can't beat the rush you get from remaining stationary while idiots lumber themselves into an early grave (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fixx). Rain, wind or shine you'll find me trying to beat my personal best for TSNR (time spent not running).

Dutch shoes are not on there.:smallannoyed:

That's coz Dutch shoes use carpentry measurements, rather than cobblers'. :smallbiggrin:

Charlie Chaplain might not be a bad idea.

Yes! Go as the famous slug-balancer. It's that, or you must go as Gorgeous Georgina, the Forces' Sweetheart ("Meeeeeeeh!")

dish
2008-10-21, 04:27 AM
I know we shouldn't comment on the spambots, and instead just report them. But...
*double-take*
...it appears to be Christmas.:smalleek:

Archonic Energy
2008-10-21, 04:58 AM
I know we shouldn't comment on the spambots, and instead just report them. But...
*double-take*
...it appears to be Christmas.:smalleek:

originally i thought a newb was committing threadomancy, then i viewed it's mesages...

does anyone know if a spambot has passed the turning test yet?

and how would we know if it had?

Thufir
2008-10-21, 05:19 AM
Lol at youthful Geordie lemming emulation. I presume you were drawn into it by the spurious glamour of the annual Great North Idiot Herding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_North_Run) (unfortunately we no longer drive the sweaty, Deep Heat-stinking livestock over the cliffs at Marsden) :smalltongue:

Not really. It was more just, I run really fast, my PE teacher gets me to represent the school, moving up to larger areas through a couple more contests at Gateshead Stadium I keep coming second to the other guy from my school, we represent North Tyneside and come 6th and 7th. And he beat me by a second in every race :smallannoyed:
Great North Run is too long for me, and also requires effort for the applyings and whatnot.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-21, 07:15 AM
originally i thought a newb was committing threadomancy, then i viewed it's mesages...

does anyone know if a spambot has passed the turning test yet?

and how would we know if it had?

This is the point where eI admit that I don't know what the turning test is.

bosssmiley
2008-10-21, 07:19 AM
This is the point where I'lI admit that I don't know what the turning test is.

Thereby also revealing the shameful truth that you know not Google. :smallamused:

Turing Test (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test)

ION: squid-tables (http://www.designboom.com/weblog/read.php?CATEGORY_PK=&TOPIC_PK=2255). Do want.

randman22222
2008-10-21, 07:34 AM
Ugh. We've just started basketball in PE. It's disgusting, I don't like it. :smallyuk:
And I'm 6' 4"... I can nearly dunk a ball... But I still hate basketball.

Everyone's telling me I should try out for the team. Despite having just seen me epically fail at it. So I just smile and nod, and say nothing. While my thoughts are... negative, to say the least.

Now volleyball was pretty fun, but doing it on the school's team doesn't appeal to me. If we had a sailing team, I'd be on. Or an archery team. But that won't happen for a thousand years, if then.

And I wasn't even on SMEE's conversion chart. My feet are too darned big. :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2008-10-21, 07:48 AM
Thereby also revealing the shameful truth that you know not Google. :smallamused:

Turing Test (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_test)

ION: squid-tables (http://www.designboom.com/weblog/read.php?CATEGORY_PK=&TOPIC_PK=2255). Do want.

Turing Tests....*shiver*

I had enough of those at university! I was happier not knowing about them...now they haunt my sleep. :smalleek:

dish
2008-10-21, 08:11 AM
Turing Tests....*shiver*

I had enough of those at university! I was happier not knowing about them...now they haunt my sleep. :smalleek:

Why, did you fail the Turing Test?

banjo1985
2008-10-21, 08:25 AM
No actually, they were just a big part of a Simulation module I took in final year. We had to make sure our model type thing worked the same as the thing we were modelling would in real life.

Safe to say, it never really worked for me!

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-21, 08:43 AM

Athletics is the bane of every schoolchild's life. Very, very few children actually enjoy athletics.
And noone likes the 100m sprint or the 1500m. We'd just walk the 1500m. Or just jog it very slowly.
As you can see, my friends were highly unmotivated in the sporting arena too when it comes to the drudgery of athletics.

E Lang Girl Lecturer's away again. Still had to work on the commentary I finished exactly one week ago and handed in.
:smallannoyed:

SDF
2008-10-21, 08:57 AM
I always screwed around in gym. Despite being awful at things like football I was one of the best at hockey. (I lived in MN before moving to Idaho... in my town of ~8000 we had 7 hockey rinks. Here we have 2, and only 1 you can go to skate on. Here is a city of 200,000+) When we did the mile run I ended up racing my friends as fast as we could backwards around the track... I ran distance track and played midi in lacrosse. My high school was a big sports school, we won state in football and lacrosse my senior year.

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-21, 09:08 AM
I hated athletics all throughout high school, went out of my way to avoid P.E. classes in college. I was never athletically inclined nor did I have any desire to be so.

Which, of course, in a school that pretty much centered all life around football, meant I was even more of an outsider.

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-21, 09:24 AM
I hated PE as well (it became even more pointless when we started our GCSEs, so I never did anything). I was never very good at it, and we never did anything that was particularly relevant to real life. (I don't like any sports at all.)

SDF
2008-10-21, 09:27 AM
I enjoyed gym sometimes. I am in adequate shape, I'm not ripped or anything I have a medium frame and am pretty tall, though. I prefer to do things like hiking, and rafting to football. My uni has an amazing football team, but I've never even bothered to go to a game in my 3ish years here. I even get tickets for free. >_>

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-21, 09:30 AM
I'm not in bad shape, once I get my book finished I'll start working out again. As for PE, if we'd actually done something moderately interesting I might have enjoyed it more. It was basically basketball, football, or...well...yeah, that was about it.

But then again my idea of moderately interesting is swordfighting (as in two handed long swords, not fencing), so I can understand why they probably wouldn't want to do something like that. I wouldn't trust some of the people I went to high school with with a foam padded waster...

bosssmiley
2008-10-21, 09:31 AM
Athletics is the bane of every schoolchild's life. Very, very few children actually enjoy athletics.
And noone likes the 100m sprint or the 1500m. We'd just walk the 1500m. Or just jog it very slowly.
As you can see, my friends were highly unmotivated in the sporting arena too when it comes to the drudgery of athletics.

Truth. But at least sports gives the thick, or otherwise unhandy, kids something they can excel at:

"Maybe you can't explain glacial moraine formation, or paint a watercolour, or weld a circuit, or light a stage; but at least you can hoof a ball into a net. There's some small pride to be had in that, I suppose."
Eggy liked rugger, javelin and shot putt (slightly sublimated warfare). :smallamused:
All other school sports sucked. :smallannoyed:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-21, 09:34 AM
DD likes adrenaline pumping and dangerous sports.

Yeah, most notable sports that schools will never ever do.

Lyesmith
2008-10-21, 09:55 AM
I don't mind PE, per se.
I'm just a workshy little git.

Also, I'd rather do swimming. I kick ass at swimming.

Oregano
2008-10-21, 09:56 AM
Then you have. really. really. really big feet.......

Think I'm totally wrong then, but I remember some form of shoe size uses ridicolously high numbers. I assumed it was European.

TwoBitWriter
2008-10-21, 11:27 AM
Truth. But at least sports gives the thick, or otherwise unhandy, kids something they can excel at:

"Maybe you can't explain glacial moraine formation, or paint a watercolour, or weld a circuit, or light a stage; but at least you can hoof a ball into a net. There's some small pride to be had in that, I suppose."
Eggy liked rugger, javelin and shot putt (slightly sublimated warfare). :smallamused:
All other school sports sucked. :smallannoyed:

A healthy body breeds a healthy mind...

I don't see anything wrong with athletics, though I am much more of an academically minded individual myself. I see the value of American Football, EverywhereElse Football, Basketball, etc. It is entertaining to watch, and participate in (very occasionally, as in my case.)

Castaras
2008-10-21, 11:32 AM

Aerobics is fun. Athletics? Blech. I had to go to first aid after 1500metres. Was woozy and dizzy and was feeling like I might faint. :smalleek: Now I don't do it anymore. Thank god...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-21, 11:35 AM
Sports should be build up. Not straight away 1500m for some people....

Hate to stupid sports teachers.:smallannoyed:

InksGuy
2008-10-21, 11:39 AM
Ugh, sports. I took a cunning approach to sport when in school: Go And Hide Somewhere.

It worked on numerous occasions. Once, I was found in the welding/metalwork room at the back of the technology dept, soldering quietly. Happy days...

The philosophy behind this philosophy? If I have to expend more energy than necessary, it isn't worth it. :smallsmile:

TwoBitWriter
2008-10-21, 11:41 AM
In high school, I was a pretty decent Baseball player. My batting average wasn't the best, but I could run fast and throw far.

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-21, 12:03 PM
Hated sports. I always took the position where it was guaranteed that I would have to do the least.

Baseball? Right Field.

Hockey and other sports involving nets? Hang around behind said net and whack the macguffin as far as possible towards the other net at every opportunity.

Some it was harder. In American Football, for example, there is a precise amount of effort that has to be put in. Too little, it'll look like you aren't trying. Too much, you might put yourself in the position that you are best placed for a pass or something like that.

My best Sports, unsurprisingly, were the ones where the opposite team stays away from you. Tennis, for example, I was not bad at. Volleyball and Badminton I was actually pretty good. The only sport I still play, however, is one in which there is really no opposing team at all: Golf.

Oregano
2008-10-21, 12:05 PM
Sports should be build up. Not straight away 1500m for some people....

Hate to stupid sports teachers.:smallannoyed:

I agree. I have rubbish stamnina because of asthma but I can ruin fairly quick so I never liked doing the really long runs.

I liked PE for the most part though, imanly because for the last two years all we did was play football and rugby.

randman22222
2008-10-21, 12:09 PM
I agree. I have rubbish stamnina because of asthma but I can ruin fairly quick so I never liked doing the really long runs.

I liked PE for the most part though, imanly because for the last two years all we did was play football and rugby.

"imanly"? I manly? Freudian slip!
Quite an ego you have there. :smalltongue:

Oregano
2008-10-21, 12:23 PM
Damn, I've been found out.

I did actually mean mainly though.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-21, 12:32 PM
Hated sports. I always took the position where it was guaranteed that I would have to do the least.

Baseball? Right Field.

Hockey and other sports involving nets? Hang around behind said net and whack the macguffin as far as possible towards the other net at every opportunity.

Some it was harder. In American Football, for example, there is a precise amount of effort that has to be put in. Too little, it'll look like you aren't trying. Too much, you might put yourself in the position that you are best placed for a pass or something like that.

My best Sports, unsurprisingly, were the ones where the opposite team stays away from you. Tennis, for example, I was not bad at. Volleyball and Badminton I was actually pretty good. The only sport I still play, however, is one in which there is really no opposing team at all: Golf.

*blink* *blink*

Oh, yaay. I have another clone on the playground. :smallsigh::smalltongue:

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-21, 12:37 PM
You sounded lucky, InksGuy. I can run quite quickly, but I tend to blow up quite quickly (I can walk indefinitly without getting tired at a descent speed, though).

Zakama
2008-10-21, 12:39 PM
I like sports...

*is different*

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-21, 12:40 PM
I'm told I walk fast.

Of course, I'm told this by my wife, who seems to think walking at anything faster than her snail's pace is too fast.

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-21, 12:42 PM
I only walk fast in malls. There seems to be a universal predilection for people to walk slowly in malls, and this annoys those of us who know exactly where we want to go and what we want to buy.

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-21, 12:43 PM
I know the feeling, Cristo. (I can't stand moving slowly, but other people seem to hate rushing.)

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-21, 12:43 PM
I only walk fast in malls. There seems to be a universal predilection for people to walk slowly in malls, and this annoys those of us who know exactly where we want to go and what we want to buy.

OH GOD YES!

I hate going to the mall when it's crowded or even just busy. It seems like every single person in there is actively trying to get in your way.

TwoBitWriter
2008-10-21, 12:44 PM
I'm told I walk fast.

Of course, I'm told this by my wife, who seems to think walking at anything faster than her snail's pace is too fast.

When will they realize that we walk fast because its our natural stride, and forcing ourselves to walk slower can be just as tiring as speeding up?

Edit: I like the mall... I used to be quite the Mallrat... including the cool stoner duo to hang out with...

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-21, 12:46 PM
Ugh, sports. I took a cunning approach to sport when in school: Go And Hide Somewhere.

It worked on numerous occasions. Once, I was found in the welding/metalwork room at the back of the technology dept, soldering quietly. Happy days...

The philosophy behind this philosophy? If I have to expend more energy than necessary, it isn't worth it. :smallsmile:

I wish I could've skipped PE; lords below and sideways I tended to hate it. Especially when the 'bright sparks' known as PE 'teachers' decide we get to do cross country.
We walked naturally because it was the closest we could get to skiving.
We couln't skive at school; it was too small and they knew all the good places. Also my morals wouldn't have let me. Stupid morals.
I'd have been in the library anyway. They had a good selection of books there; especially after I started advising the librarian on new purchases. Would you believ they didn't have a single Pratchett book in that library until I got there and had enough leeway with the librarian to convince her to buy them.
Y9.
Guess it was because we were a Sport College. I kid you not. A Sport College. And the other two local secondaries were an Arts College and a Music and Math College.

On an entirely different tack. I just saw an advert for this film called 'Camp Rock' which really is just High School Musical. If you can tell that from a twenty second advert you know how transparent it is.

EDIT:
People also say I walk fast. I don't it's just that I've been walking mutts so long I used to wlaking quite quickly. And I like having a small breeze all the time.
Shopping centres are all evil. Can't stand the place; or the shops in them. Or the people in them.

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-21, 12:47 PM
What was really entertaining was when she was telling me I walk too fast in the same breath as telling me that I didn't exercise enough...

Tempest Fennac
I found that as well about slowing down (I thought I was unique in that sense:smalltongue:). I hate shopping in general, which is another reason why I like to do it quickly.

Haruki-kun
Walking out of an auditorium or just a ridiculously large classroom when 200 people are walking out at a snail's pace is the most annoying thing ever. And then, of course, some of the girls think the door frame is the best place to catch up on gossip or hug each other if they haven's seen each other in a while. :smallyuk:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-21, 12:48 PM
I walk and cycle fast.
The walking is just because I'm used to hanging out with larger people with taller legs who just walks faster because of height difference and cycling is because of school.... I've been going to school at the same time for three years now with three diffrent schools all at quite different distances...

And Koorly, I was once, very, very bored and saw that movie on tv. I think they want to destroy the meaning of the word : Plot. The closest is the camp manager at the and saying : Oh yeah bwuh, uhm, I hoped you'd figure it out girl...

TwoBitWriter
2008-10-21, 12:49 PM
I don't mind shopping when it comes to stuff that I like (as in stopping by GameStop and playing Guitar Hero or Rock Band for a half hour...)

But clothes shopping? I dash to the closest man chair and watch my wife go about her business...

randman22222
2008-10-21, 12:51 PM
I walk slowly, and I like my pace. It's peaceful in a strange way. :smallcool:

EDIT: I don't know what's happening, but lately, I've actually somewhat enjoyed clothes shopping. :smallconfused: :smalleek:

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-21, 12:51 PM
But clothes shopping? I dash to the closest man chair and watch my wife go about her business...

You can get away with that?

Damn, mine constantly wants my opinion...

Haruki-kun
2008-10-21, 12:54 PM
With me, clothes shopping is more of a Mom and Dad situation than a Wife situation.

Luckily, they like to shop at American Eagle, where IIRC, they have this huge leather sofa that's probably the most comfortable thing ever. So if they want to spend an hour there, all I have to do is sit. :smallbiggrin:

I'm the only one in my family who can spend 2 hours in Barnes & Noble and not get tired. Everyone else just wants clothes. :smallyuk:

TwoBitWriter
2008-10-21, 12:55 PM
You can get away with that?

Damn, mine constantly wants my opinion...

Well, we have only been married a week, so who knows? :smallbiggrin:

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-21, 12:58 PM
Psh, call me when you hit two years like we did a week ago...:smalltongue:

With me, clothes shopping is more of a Mom and Dad situation than a Wife situation.

Luckily, they like to shop at American Eagle, where IIRC, they have this huge leather sofa that's probably the most comfortable thing ever. So if they want to spend an hour there, all I have to do is sit. :smallbiggrin:

I'm the only one in my family who can spend 2 hours in Barnes & Noble and not get tired. Everyone else just wants clothes. :smallyuk:

I can never understand how it can take some people so long to buy clothes. I watch people wind up and down the same bloody racks again and again and think "if what you wanted wasn't there the first time, it sure as hell ain't going to be there the fourth..."

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-21, 12:58 PM
Late grongratulations then Twobit.:smallwink:

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-21, 12:59 PM
I hate clothes shopping.
From my point of view; they're all to frilly, short; skimpy, tight, impractical. I'm happiest if I can spend less than fifteen minutes in Peacocks and come out with a pair of jeans and a shirt.
I truly don't understand girls who spend longer trying to match their outfits with skin tones or something.
Though it is fun to mock them, the clothes on sale and the normal clothes too. Some of the best half hours ever.

EDIT:
@ruki - chan: I could outlast you easy. Once spent four hours in Smiths reading and browsing and lamenting my lack of funds and the too many books I wanted to buy.

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-21, 01:02 PM
I tend to get most of my clothes from Matalan because it's quite cheap, and the clothes are comfortable while looking nice (at least I think they do). Perople moving slowly in lines also annoys me.

Oregano
2008-10-21, 01:02 PM
I hate clothes shopping.
From my point of view; they're all to frilly, short; skimpy, tight, impractical. I'm happiest if I can spend less than fifteen minutes in Peacocks and come out with a pair of jeans and a shirt.

Peacocks is an awesome shop, rather low priced but really hard wearing clothes and they're quite stylish.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-21, 01:04 PM
I can make #105?

V : I had actually dibbed #100 but then the mods came in. :smalltongue: And I like seeing my name....:smalltongue:

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-21, 01:05 PM
you made #102, man, let someone else in. :smalltongue:

TwoBitWriter
2008-10-21, 01:07 PM
Already at 50? Goodness we have nothing better to do with our lives. :smallamused:

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-21, 01:09 PM
I can make #105?

As I explained before, the RB Clique prohibits anyone from having a thread if they already had one in the previous 50. Sorry. :smallfrown:

Haruki-kun
2008-10-21, 01:10 PM
EDIT:
@ruki - chan: I could outlast you easy. Once spent four hours in Smiths reading and browsing and lamenting my lack of funds and the too many books I wanted to buy.

Yes, but those two hours end because my parents and brothers are outside waiting and they want to go home and can't stand another second because they don't like reading and because my mom's too cold.

....seriously, though, what is up with the AC temperature in bookstores? Do they WANT people to freeze in there?

Jibar
2008-10-21, 01:10 PM
I can make #105?

V : I had actually dibbed #100 but then the mods came in. :smalltongue: And I like seeing my name....:smalltongue:

you made #102, man, let someone else in. :smalltongue:

50 thread rule.

Means I can't claim another until #116.

As I explained before, the RB Clique prohibits anyone from having a thread if they already had one in the previous 50. Sorry. :smallfrown:

Yeah... that Clique is pretty much me now. Everybody else who would have enforced it no longer RBs...

Haruki-kun
2008-10-21, 01:12 PM
50 thread rule.

Means I can't claim another until #116.

...I CALL RANDOM BANTER 144!!!!

:smallbiggrin:

Cristo Meyers
I'll have the next one up shortly.

Oregano
If nobody else can(or won't) make the new thread, I'll do it.

EDIT:Nevermind, I just want to talk anyway.:smalltongue:

TwoBitWriter
Ouch, ninja'd Oregano.

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-21, 01:13 PM
Yeah, Jib, if it weren't for you, RB would be much more random.

Now who wants that?

EDIT: I called 106#. I won't go to sleep for days to get that one.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-21, 01:16 PM
Dibs on #152 then.

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-21, 01:16 PM
Thread is up, let the fun commence! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5147104#post5147104)