PDA

View Full Version : Blood Donation - Georgia and Florida

pclips
2008-10-07, 04:31 PM
A note to anyone reading in Georgia or Florida. My cousin's twins were born extremely premature and it's touch and go; they've needed four blood transfusions so far.

If you feel like donating blood, an account has been set up in the names of the boys, "Stephen and Matthew Huffman," at the Georgia/Florida Blood Alliance (http://www.igiveblood.com/donor_centers/locations.html). If you donate blood, you can go there and donate in their name. If it is usable by them, it will be reserved for their use. Any not used by them will be used for another patient in the Georgia-Florida area.

Finwe
2008-10-07, 07:48 PM
Best of luck to your cousin's children. I hope they get well! I'd give blood if I were allowed to and in the area.

tribble
2008-10-23, 09:34 PM
Best of luck to your cousin's children. I hope they get well! I'd give blood if I were allowed to and in the area.

My sentiments exactly. hope they pull through!:smalleek::smallfrown:

pclips
2008-10-25, 07:04 AM
From the family page most recent update. Obviously, blood donations are still welcome and needed.

One Month Old
Posted Oct 20, 2008 10:43am

Stephen and Matthew turned one month old on Sunday, October 19th, something that didn't seem possible 5 weeks ago. They still have a long, long way to go. In some ways the month has just flown by. In other ways it's all moving at a snail's pace. There's a lot more of the snail's pace feeling than the quick flight.

For the most part the boys had a quiet weekend and seem more adorable with each passing hour. By Sunday evening Stephen was turning pale, lethargic, and blood tests showed his red blood cell count was down. So last night he had another blood transfusion and was showing signs of renewed energy by late in the evening. We shall see what this week brings.

Matthew was alert and attentive as Mommy and Daddy tended to his evening needs. Mommy is recovering well and seems more and more like herself everyday.

Winged One
2008-11-02, 12:07 AM
You know your fanbase is loyal when you can literally ask for their blood and they deliver. :smallsmile:

Moechi_Vill
2008-11-02, 01:39 AM
^^ This is great. I live in Hong Kong so I can't help I'm sorry.
Did I miss something or are we not supposed to know their bloodtype so the Blood Alliance can get more donations (I've nothing against it I guess)?

pclips
2008-12-18, 10:08 PM
Thanks to everyone for your concerns and well wishes, public and private. The twins have made it past all of the toughest hurdles and I am happy to say they are home in time for Christmas! :smallbiggrin: Blood donations no longer called for, but please give in your locality, when you can. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and happy anything you celebrate.

Occasional Sage
2008-12-25, 01:42 PM
Thanks to everyone for your concerns and well wishes, public and private. The twins have made it past all of the toughest hurdles and I am happy to say they are home in time for Christmas! :smallbiggrin: Blood donations no longer called for, but please give in your locality, when you can. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and happy anything you celebrate.

Merry Christmas, Rob. That's the best news I can imagine for today!