PDA

View Full Version : The Gallery of Lights (The Temple of Amour)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 08:47 PM
Well, then, Rabbit placed the painting on the bench, looking over it, wondering why it was tossed so carelessly out.
Especially considering where she was.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 09:26 PM
If Rabbit really looks carefully, she will see a minor error, a brushstroke that ran a bit outside the lines.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 09:27 PM
It took her a few minutes, but she did indeed notice it.
"Aha. Poor perfectionist."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 09:32 PM
Amour descends down the stairs, carrying a stack of about 12 paintings. He raises an eyebrow to Rabbit. I threw that painting out. It's no good.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 09:34 PM
"Yeah, I noticed when it came flying out the glass." Rabbit frowned, looking over it.
"Typically, artists keep everything they do, even when there's a mistake. To see how far you've grown, and all." She didn't dare say what she was thinking; that God's never err.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 09:37 PM
No, it's good. Brilliant, some would say. But I enjoy making my paintings as good as possible. Creative outlets, even for a god of Art, requires work and digilance, and I know I can do better than that. He says, gesturing to the forest.

Gods never err? Then how do you explain gnomes?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 09:40 PM
..my Hatter gnome is sexy, thank you.
Rabbit bit her lip, looking the painting over carefully.
This place was bad for her; she could feel her carefully crafted anger, so often present, slipping away into a content amusement.
"May I keep it, then?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 09:54 PM
If you'd like. I'm not going to keep it. I prefer these ones. He begins flipping through his stack. There's a self-portrait, a river, a view of the cosmos, a painting of Rabbit...

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 09:56 PM
Rabbit blinked at the image of herself, pointing at it.
"Do ya paint everyone who comes 'round? It would make sense. You having all that spare time and everything."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 09:58 PM
He shrugs. I paint the ones who are most suited to being painted. The paintings, obviously, are gorgeous.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 09:59 PM
Rabbit, despite herself, flushed slightly, leaning closer to look at them all.
"You're amazing, though I bet you already knew that." It was said almost disdainfully, though her hazel eyes roaved over the images almost hungrily.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-13, 10:00 PM
Vespe suddenly appears next to them. Or maybe he was there all along, unseen, but seeing all. Don't think about it too much. Am I suited to being painted?

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:00 PM
He shrugs. Yes, but it's nice to hear it from someone other than one of my clerics.

He turns and looks at Vespe. No. You don't have the right figure for it. You'd be easier to sculpt, perhaps from clay.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-13, 10:02 PM
You think so? Maybe that's why everyone keeps trying to turn me into a statue. Vespe shrugs.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 10:03 PM
Rabbit smiled and rolled her eyes at the men, still entranced by the paintings.
"Yeah, I bet your clerics tell you anything you want to hear."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:05 PM
Well, it's certainly hard to find a critical opinion when your art is the closest to perfection possible. Amour says, ignoring Vespe's remark.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 10:06 PM
"Oh, jeez. You're so vain, I bet you think this song is about you. Then again, it possibly was." The hatter shrugged, finally smiling at Vespe, her greeting to him.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-13, 10:06 PM
Vespe fades away, seeing as how he probably shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:07 PM
Amour smirks. If you don't think they're perfect, I suppose I'll just have to throw them out and make new ones.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 10:09 PM
Frowning at the empty space that was previously Vespe, Rabbit sighed. She hated it when people just...poofed... like that.
"I never said they weren't, just that you're arrogant."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:11 PM
Arrogant would imply that I believe everything I do is a masterpiece. Obviously not the case. He says, gesturing to the forest painting. I hold my art to high standards, and when I meet them, I know my art is good.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 10:15 PM
"Perfection is almost too good. You might as well have a photograph." She retrieved the discarded painting from the bench, holding it close to her.
" Its unreal, perfection. Nothing in this world is pristine and perfect, though people would often like to believe their gods are. But I know you aren't."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:16 PM
After knowing me for a few days, you think you know al about me don't you? Amour says, looking slightly amused.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 10:18 PM
"No, but I've seen you show a few slight imperfections. I don't need to know everything to see those." Rabbit grinned, cradling the painting.
"Your little temper tantrum when Vespe and I challenged you, your almost cruel enjoyment of playing with Vespe, your indifference, and this painting..."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:20 PM
So you're saying that I can't be a god because I'm not perfect? He quizzes, putting a hand to his chin.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 10:21 PM
"Either that, or you really have a thing for Vespe." Rabbit smirked, rocking on her heels in amusement.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:23 PM
Amour chuckled into his hand. No, he's not my type.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 10:24 PM
"Oh, really? Because you pay an awful lot of attention to him." Her voice was tainted with a bit of wishful thinking. She was a fangirl, afterall.
Attractive men together?
It just happened to float her boat.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:26 PM
You said yourself, I have a lot of spare time. Who's to say I pay more attention to him than anyone else? After all... He picks up his painting of Rabbit. I didn't make a painting of him, now did I?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 10:28 PM
Rabbit shrugged, still grinning, still fighting.
"da Vinci was gay, and painted women far more often than men."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:29 PM
Well, women have more beautiful forms, it's true. He nods. Although personally, I think you're just trying to make a big deal out of this so that I'll pay more attention to you. Amour smirks.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 10:32 PM
"Perhaps. I'm am an attention whore." Rabbit shrugged, whipping her long dark hair over her shoulders.
"If I had any talent in music, I would have become a bard, as opposed to a necromancer."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:34 PM
Everyone is musically talented. It's just a matter of finding the right inspiration. Amour replies, looking down at Rabbit with his dark eyes.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 10:35 PM
"Mmm, well, there you have it. I wouldn't know inspiration if it bit me in the arse." Rabbit's averted her eyes from his, instantly uncomfortable.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:38 PM
Hmm. Not to compliment you, because I'm sure you don't want my pretentious opinion, but I'm sure you could create some inspiration. All it takes is a single idea.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 10:46 PM
"Baaah. I'll stay happy enjoying other's work, thank you very much. Ideas are for people with time on their hands. I have work to do, you know. Burning and destroying your rival temples, for instance." She blushed as she said it, realizing it sounded oddly like she did it because they were his rival temples.
Jeez, the "god" was attractive and all, but not nearly that worthy of her consideration.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:49 PM
Amour chuckles. Let me know if you change your mind. I wouldn't mind helping you with something musical. I've yet to meet someone who doesn't have at least one great melody in their mind.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 10:50 PM
"No, you have. Its me. Hi." She extended her hand out to him playfully.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:53 PM
Hm, I believe you sell yourself short, Miss Lapine. He says, looking at his painting of the universe.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 10:55 PM
"Vasque is the surname." She said mechanically, her hand falling as she started to amble off back towards the Temple. She stopped mid-step, however, and turned back to look at him.
"What's with the Tower, anyways?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 10:57 PM
He shrugs. I enjoy elaborate studios, and a reflective mirrored clocktower seemed interesting.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 11:05 PM
Rabbit only smiled, whistling 'You're So Vain' as she went, intent on searching through the rest of the temple, as she only got so far the night before.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 11:08 PM
Whistling's a good start you know. Amour called after her, laughing, before teleporting back to the tower to paint some more.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 11:13 PM
Rabbit rolled her eyes, and entered the temple, instantly becoming silent. She was almost reverential of the place... though she'd never admit it. Worshipping a concept, she could understand. Hells, she could almost do it herself.
A figure masquerading as a god, though, no matter how attractive...it was impossible.
She passed by the Library, and began to ascend the stairs, taking each step slowly.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 11:16 PM
The upstairs is devoid of people, with the exception of Morrison, writing at a table, a magic light floating next to him.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 11:20 PM
Rabbit watched him silently for a few moments before turning around and heading down the stairs. No reason to bother the man when he was working.
And so she found herself in the library again, and idly picked through the books, sighing and placing them back.
Shakespeare had too much romance, mythology had too much blind love and religion, Dante had romance and religion...
Was there any greatly establish novel that had neither?

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 11:25 PM
Right. Working. Because that's so what Morrison was doing. NOT writing a space opera play. That would be silly.

One of the acolytes walks to the library, and puts a book back onto the shelf, excusing himself. The book in question is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, a favorite of Amour and his player. No real reason for the acolyte to put it back, just a little plug for the book.

And of course, The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus, though somewhat religious, is always a fine read as well.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 11:33 PM
Well, that would still be work for a High Priest, wouldn't it?
Rabbit sighed. It was the same issue she always had in a library; there were plenty of works around her she could submerge herself in, and, yet, nothing seemed particularly pleasing to her.
And so she slunk into a plush chair, wondering over what kept her in that sanctuary to art.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 11:37 PM
Amour appears upstairs, and Rabbit can probably hear him talking quietly with Morrison, though she can't make out the words.

He teleports downstairs, by the library, but not in it, and hangs a few paintings on a blank wall. One is the one of Rabbit, one is of the universe, and the third is a new one he must have just painted of a rainy night in an apple orchard. He steps back, making sure that they are straight, before nodding to himself.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 11:38 PM
She watched him with wary eyes, not sure if she was comfortable with the portrait of herself hanging up in the temple.
It felt... inappropriate, almost.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 11:40 PM
He somehow senses that she's watching him and turns around. Would you like me to take it down? He asks, almost reading her mind. I would understand if you didn't appreciate being hung in my temple, given that you don't believe in me.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 11:44 PM
Flustered by being caught staring, Rabbit awkwardly traced erratic designs with her fingers along the chair.
"Its not that I don't believe in you. Its just..." The rest of her sentence was muttered.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 11:46 PM
You don't need to explain yourself. I just want to know if I can hang the painting or not. He says.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 11:47 PM
"I don't see why not.." Rabbit sighed in exasperation, nuzzling against the chair.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 11:50 PM
Amour nods and hangs the painting. A moment later, he is gone, sitting on the stairs. Would you like me to read to you again? He sounds like he's bored, though that might be just a front.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-13, 11:54 PM
The random shifting of his position confused Rabbit for a moment, but as soon as her eyes laid on him, she shrugged, smiling.
"I don't see why not." She repeated.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-13, 11:58 PM
He raises a hand and a book off the shelf flies into his waiting palm. He cracks it open.

Ah, here we go. A quote, not a poem, but it might as well be. *Ahem*

Was this the face that launch'd a thousand ships,
And burnt the topless towers of Ilium?--
Sweet Helen, make me immortal with a kiss.--
Her lips suck forth my soul: see, where it flies!--
Come, Helen, come, give me my soul again.
Here will I dwell, for heaven is in these lips,
And all is dross that is not Helena.
I will be Paris, and for love of thee,
Instead of Troy, shall Wittenberg be sack'd;
And I will combat with weak Menelaus,
And wear thy colours on my plumed crest;
Yea, I will wound Achilles in the heel,
And then return to Helen for a kiss.
O, thou art fairer than the evening air
Clad in the beauty of a thousand stars;
Brighter art thou than flaming Jupiter
When he appear'd to hapless Semele;
More lovely than the monarch of the sky
In wanton Arethusa's azur'd arms;
And none but thou shalt be my paramour!

He shrugs. Not my favorite, but a good one.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-14, 12:08 AM
Rabbit remained silent a few long minutes, watching Amour, before she tugged her hat down over her eyes.
"It figures. Amour, "god" of the Arts, makes a quotation of one under the hopeless disease of love."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-14, 12:14 AM
Well it is my name. He states. You would prefer something with a bit more of a bite? He retrieves another book. The Dance of Death perhaps?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-14, 12:15 AM
"Death is a certainty in life." She nodded, plopping down from her chair to the floor, wiggling closer.
"Much preferable to such illusions."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-14, 12:17 AM
Amour opened the book, searching through it.

The Dance of Death, by Charles Baudelaire.

Carrying bouquet, and handkerchief, and gloves,
Proud of her height as when she lived, she moves
With all the careless and high-stepping grace,
And the extravagant courtesan's thin face.

Was slimmer waist e'er in a ball-room wooed?
Her floating robe, in royal amplitude,
Falls in deep folds around a dry foot, shod
With a bright flower-like shoe that gems the sod.

The swarms that hum about her collar-bones
As the lascivious streams caress the stones,
Conceal from every scornful jest that flies,
Her gloomy beauty; and her fathomless eyes

Are made of shade and void; with flowery sprays
Her skull is wreathed artistically, and sways,
Feeble and weak, on her frail vertebrae.
O charm of nothing decked in folly! they

Who laugh and name you a Caricature,
They see not, they whom flesh and blood allure,
The nameless grace of every bleached, bare bone,
That is most dear to me, tall skeleton!

Come you to trouble with your potent sneer
The feast of Life! or are you driven here,
To Pleasure's Sabbath, by dead lusts that stir
And goad your moving corpse on with a spur?

Or do you hope, when sing the violins,
And the pale candle-flame lights up our sins,
To drive some mocking nightmare far apart,
And cool the flame hell lighted in your heart?

Fathomless well of fault and foolishness!
Eternal alembic of antique distress!
Still o'er the curved, white trellis of your sides
The sateless, wandering serpent curls and glides.

And truth to tell, I fear lest you should find,
Among us here, no lover to your mind;
Which of these hearts beat for the smile you gave?
The charms of horror please none but the brave.

Your eyes' black gulf, where awful broodings stir,
Brings giddiness; the prudent reveller
Sees, while a horror grips him from beneath,
The eternal smile of thirty-two white teeth.

For he who has not folded in his arms
A skeleton, nor fed on graveyard charms,
Recks not of furbelow, or paint, or scent,
When Horror comes the way that Beauty went.

O irresistible, with fleshless face,
Say to these dancers in their dazzled race:
"Proud lovers with the paint above your bones,
Ye shall taste death, musk scented skeletons!

Withered Antinoüs, dandies with plump faces,
Ye varnished cadavers, and grey Lovelaces,
Ye go to lands unknown and void of breath,
Drawn by the rumour of the Dance of Death.

From Seine's cold quays to Ganges' burning stream,
The mortal troupes dance onward in a dream;
They do not see, within the opened sky,
The Angel's sinister trumpet raised on high.

In every clime and under every sun,
Death laughs at ye, mad mortals, as ye run;
And oft perfumes herself with myrrh, like ye
And mingles with your madness, irony!"

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-14, 12:21 AM
Through his oration, Rabbit, wide-eyed at the work of literature, wiggled closer, closer, the words almost seeming to dance around her.
"That was..thank you. Quite perfect."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-14, 12:23 AM
Yes, it's a beautiful composition. One of my favorites actually. Amour smiles slightly at Rabbit. I don't suppose you have any poems you'd like to share?

Boo
2008-10-14, 12:26 AM
An image of Mr. Topsy appears standing on the ceiling. Seemingly unaffected by gravity, he looks down on the pair with his usual smile. "Why if it isn't another peasant claiming to be a god. I hope this one gives me a good performance tonight. A dance, perhaps?" Hearing him is unlikely, although it's entirely possible.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-14, 12:31 AM
Topsy might indeed notice an interesting near-identical resemblance of Rabbit to a former dance partner of his.
Hm.
Rabbit stood and grabbed a collection of Oscar Wilde, grabbing her fallen hat while she was at it, pawing through the pages, but finding herself unable to find what she was looking for.
"I'm not nearly as pleasant an orator as you, in anycase." She glanced about at the clerics and such walking past her, frowning.
"You know, the more I see of you, the more I'm cemented in my beliefs you aren't a god."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-14, 12:32 AM
And why's that? Because I'm fairly friendly and enjoy reading poetry aloud? He asks.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-14, 12:35 AM
"Imperfections, as I said. Again, I don;t believe in any gods, but you're the worst out of the lot I've seen playing at one. Atleast the others know that to keep an air of divinity about them, they should meddle with 'mortals' as little as possible." Perhaps she was suddenly in a fighting mood. Rabbit wasn't sure.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-14, 12:41 AM
But I like mortals. Most gods are content to stay in their realm and watch the world float by like a cloud. I prefer to view life from a 1st person view. After all, if I didn't meet mortals, I wouldn't have any inspiration for my greatest poems, music, paintings, anything. He looks over at the bookshelf. You're right though, I'm non-traditional. I have the power of a god, I have clerics and worshippers, a temple. I don't need to sit on a throne and designate orders and responsibilities to people. I much prefer to lead by example. He shrugs.

Boo
2008-10-14, 12:43 AM
If her scent tasted the same, then I'm sure he would have mistaken her for another. "A cretin, and a look-a-like. How... mediocre." He watches Rabbit deny Amours claims.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-14, 12:54 AM
While Rabbit did have her own distinct scent, directly underneath is a muted whiff of Ambrosius.

"But that's your job, to be all high and unattainable, not running around shirtless like some rockstar strung out on weed." She was indeed out for a fight that night, and stared back at Amour levelly.

Xole
2008-10-14, 12:55 AM
Xole bumps into the conversation. Are all Gods perfect? better question....are any Gods perfect?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-14, 12:56 AM
"If gods existed, then, yes, I would expect them to be." Rabbit snarled at Xole, irritated by the cut in.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-14, 12:57 AM
Would you rather I put a shirt on? He laughs. Then maybe I'm a lousy god, precisly because I enjoy this plane, and its inhabitants. And that's possible. But, despite if I'm any good or not, I AM a god. I know you don't believe that Lapine, but it is the truth. He shrugs.

Xole
2008-10-14, 12:58 AM
We could fight about it, that'd be pretty entertaining. Although then if he is a God you both will die.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-14, 01:02 AM
"Do you want the teenager-mind answer to that question, or the serious-business atheist necromancer answer?" Rabbit smirked at Amour, shifting her weight as she stood. She ignored the other part of his statement, realizing they were at an immovable point. He could not prove his godhood to her, and she could not convince him to admit against his divinity.
"Just who the hell are you, anyways? I won't fight you about it, as that defeats my entire purpose. Unless you claim to be a follower of his, and demand we fight. In which case I can revoke my promise not to wage war on this Temple and we can have a go right now."

Xole
2008-10-14, 01:13 AM
He had to think about this I...am...not what is important. I am not his follower, nor will I ever be the follower of any God. Nor am I an atheist, as you are.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-14, 01:29 AM
Her temper was already flared, and she turned to look Xole straight on in the face.
"You're damned right you're not what's important. You know what is? People dieing over religion. Over stubborn beliefs. Women being burned because they helped deliver a stillborn child and were accused of being dark magic witches. Religion, and all its warping. That's what's wrong with this world." **

** Again, this is entirely fictional, and has nothing to do with the actual world or its actual religions, and is not the belief of the player.
Thank you.

Boo
2008-10-14, 01:33 AM
"It seems my hypothesis was terribly wrong. This isn't going to turn out fun atoll..." His black smog quivers for a moment. "What's this? She is here? Hmm, perhaps I should make my leave. Hmhmhmhm, I wouldn't want to be seen in such a place." His body disperses into nothingness, leaving only a black mark on the ceiling. Let's hope there wasn't a painting there.

Xole
2008-10-14, 09:19 AM
Xole remains calm and unangered. Some of the dumber members of society take devotion the wrong way, in a direction it wasn't meant to go. A lot of good people come out of religion.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-14, 11:11 PM
Amour disappears, and guitar chords (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b05Y5QU7IkA) can be heard from the upstairs.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-15, 12:08 AM
As the music filtered down the stairs, Rabbit sighed in relief, anger falling from her like clothes she was shedding, and she simply walked away from Xole, falling back into her chair and rolling up into a pleasant rabbit-ball.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-15, 12:16 AM
Though the chords have been strumming for some time, Amour's voice just enters, singing the lyrics.

No need to post them, they can be heard by clicking the link back there.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-15, 12:18 AM
Which, indeed, is being listened to.
Rabbit smiled softly, nearly drifting off. She did rather like it here, she though. Enough that, if she were inclined to believe in gods, he would have been her choice.
Perhaps.
Maybe.
But those were dangerous thoughts for one such as herself. And how her sister would scoff.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-15, 12:25 AM
Amour's music ends, and the temple is silent for a moment. It is a brief moment though, and the music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyu29Q-K0LU) soon starts up again.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-15, 12:29 AM
Her curiosity got the better of her, and she gave up trying to stop existing by curling into the chair. Removing her hat from her head, sneaking up the stairs as quietly as she could.
Rabbit wanted to watch him silently, but knew it was probably impossible to approach him without him knowing.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-15, 12:30 AM
Of course he knows that she's watching him. But he doesn't mind, and doesn't make much indication of seeing her, focused on his guitar.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-15, 12:31 AM
She sat on the last step, watching him with that same soft smile, taking the place of her usual amused smirk.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-15, 12:39 AM
Amour leans back, finished with his second song. He looks to the air, thinking, deciding, before starting a third song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY5i4-rWh44&feature=related).

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-15, 12:41 AM
As with the nights before and his reading, Rabbit found herself inching closer on her hands and knees, like a child, untill she was within a few feet of him, head tilted back to watch him with wide eyes.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-15, 12:43 AM
Still playing, Amour looks up and gazes directly into Rabbit's eyes.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-15, 12:44 AM
Though she instantly felt the need to look away, Rabbit gazed back with her hazel eyes defiantly, as if telling her hormones to go jump in a lake.
Business relationship, and all.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-15, 12:47 AM
Amour finishes and sets his guitar down. Well I hope you enjoy that little concert. He says, still looking at her.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-15, 12:48 AM
"Immensely." Rabbit's smile shifted back to her usual smirk.
"I see why people follow you."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-15, 12:51 AM
Aside from the magic, such as the ability to dismantle the universe if it struck my fancy. He commented dryly. Or they might just believe in the things that I do.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-15, 12:53 AM
"Of course. Whether or not you're a god, you're exemplary at what you do. And attractive. And probably gay. Or so a fangirl can hope." She responded back eagerly, as if to spite him.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-15, 12:55 AM
I'm not gay. Amour replies, amused.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-15, 12:58 AM
"You're beautiful, you run around shirtless, and are pretty much the face of the Arts. You cannot not be gay. There has to be something wrong." Her eyes twinkled with the mischief she was displaying.
"You can't tell me you, as your beautiful self, are not smacking lips and naughty bits with your high priest."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-15, 01:00 AM
Actually I can. Because I'm not. He laughs, finding somethng funny.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-15, 01:02 AM
Rabbit sighed, obviously disappointed.
"Such a shame and waste."

Xole
2008-10-15, 01:14 AM
That is the strangest non-insult insult I've ever heard. Well...it's not, but I always like saying stuff like that. Says Xole, from a ways away.

happyturtle
2008-10-15, 12:05 PM
A butterfly flutters into the temple, dancing in the sunbeams, and floating around prettily until it reaches where Rabbit is sitting. It lands on her briefly, then flies away, leaving behind a parchment several times bigger than itself.

Dear Rabbit,

Thank you for helping me save Lex. Probably in the future it will be a comfort for me to remember that the last time I saw you we were working together to do something good.

This is goodbye. I love you, and I even forgive you, but I won't have a relationship with someone who refuses to acknowledge my husband's right to exist. Unless that changes, I don't want to see or hear from you ever again.

Your sister,
Turtle

Xole
2008-10-16, 12:04 AM
I'm leaving this conversation see you all later

he leaves.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-16, 12:09 AM
"Um. Alright. Bye, you." Rabbit frowned, waving unenthusiastically to Xole before she took the parchment, reading it over before heaving a great sigh and tucking the letter into her hat.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-16, 12:17 AM
Amour begins playing a light melody on his guitar absently.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-16, 12:24 AM
Her eyes watching him, and yet not, Rabbit weighed the idea of being as moody as she felt against showing vulnerability to Amour, and decided that invulnerability was the best idea.
Indeed.
She would secretly mourn the loss of her sister later.
"Where were you before here, Amour?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-16, 12:30 AM
Various other towns, like this one. He says, strumming. I migrate to wherever seems like the best place for a good gallery, though this isn't my only temple.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-16, 12:32 AM
Rabbit's eyebrows arched, her mind instantly calculating the best way to destroy each and every one of them in a fiery explosion.
And then she recalled that Amour's worship...wasn't really all that awful. Could be bearable, were she able to believe in some power outside of herself.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-16, 12:35 AM
Amour changes the subject, not wanting to give her any ideas. So, what was that butterfly doing here? Looked like it had a scroll or something for you.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-16, 12:38 AM
Rabbit's hands clenched into fists, her perfectly painted facade falling down. No..no, she couldn't really...
But...
And then it all exploded in her face.
"Why don't you just rip it from my mind, you pathetic masquerader." Even Rabbit was surprised at the acidity she hissed from behind her teeth, the anger built up over the past few months spilling from her lips at the beautiful man before her.

ThePhantom
2008-10-16, 12:39 AM
FS knocks on the door of the temple. "Hello? Is this the temple of Amour?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-16, 12:42 AM
Amour shifts music, his upbeat melody becoming jaded and chaotic. Still amazing, just differently. I wouldn't want to. Ripping information from peoples' minds isn't my idea of a good time. He stays perfectly cool and level-headed.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-16, 12:45 AM
Rabbit turned heel, stalking silently down the stairs, and then down the hall, knocking books from shelves like a child, until she reached the painting Amour had done of her two days before. Taking it into one hand, she snapped the fingers of her other, creating a purplish fire, which she held under the canvas.
When there's nothing left of it, she reaches for the next one...
He has plenty of time to stop her.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-16, 12:49 AM
He points a finger at her. Temporarily frozen from the neck down. He sets his guitar down and walks up to her, putting his hand under her chin, raising it up to look in her eyes. I don't care if you insult me. I think you're foolish for doing so, but it doesn't bother me much. But when you start destroying my creations, that is where I draw the line. Now you can behave, or I can kick you out. Which would you rather?

An acolyte opens the door for FS, nodding.

ThePhantom
2008-10-16, 12:52 AM
"Good, I wanted to see what's arts were here, becuase I'm a musician. Can I come in?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-16, 12:52 AM
The acolyte looks back, seeing Rabbit burning stuff and Amour looking somewhat calm, if cold, but he's also known to explode. The acolyte slowly shakes his head.

"I don't think now is the best time..." He says.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-16, 12:53 AM
Her hazel eyes were incredibly harsh, not even quite so much a glare as just unimaginable loathing, though glassed over, as if tears were threatening her with their prickling at the corner of her eyes.
"Keh. I'll destroy this cult of yours sooner or later. You'd be better off just destroying me first, you filthy lie-weaver."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-16, 12:56 AM
Amour frowns. I see. He unfreezes her. Well then, guess it's time for the magic. He waves a hand. Lapine Vasque, you are hereby banned from this sacred ground unless you enter with only pure intents. Whoosh! Rabbit goes flying backwards, a few feet off the ground, out the front door, stopping and falling when she's about 100 yards from the front door. If she tries to come forward, she will collide with an invisible barrier.

ThePhantom
2008-10-16, 12:57 AM
"Actually, it looks like things are getting interesting. I'll wait, but keep the door open a crack, okay?"
edit "Well, that looks painful." FS walks over to Rabbit. "Are you okay?"

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-16, 01:03 AM
It took Rabbit a few minutes to come to orient herself, and, of course, as she stood, she attempted to take a few steps forward, her hands out held. Her hand hit against the barrier, and she sighed.
"So be it, Amour." And Rabbit briskly set off, deciding it was, after all, for the best.
"I'm fine." She muttered in response to FS over her shoulder.
In those past few days, she had confused herself and lost sight of her goal.
An end of religion.
Even if the entire world burnt down with the temples, she would do it.
And no pretty-boy who fancied himself a god would get in her way.

ThePhantom
2008-10-16, 01:03 AM
"Are you alright, miss?"

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-16, 01:04 AM
"Not really, no. But there's nothing you can do about it, so you might as well give up asking." She stopped, looking at FS with a hard glare.

ThePhantom
2008-10-16, 01:06 AM
"Oh really? I hear that you have issues with divine like beings? I do have a way to get rid of them if they're a real pain. Do you want to hear more?"

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-16, 01:07 AM
Rabbit hesitated.
It was indeed something that would be helpful...
But she rather liked Amour. He wasn't too awful, though he was indeed arrogant.
However, the idea was tempting, and her glare fell.
"And how am I to know I can trust you? Were you not just seeking to enter his worship?"

ThePhantom
2008-10-16, 01:11 AM
"My ties are to myself. I'm a musician, but only thing that has that kind of power over me, is my otherself. Tell me, have you ever heard of vestiages, beings of nothings, casted out of existence, but still they live?"

((sorry but I have to go to bed. deadtime))

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-16, 01:14 AM
Rabbit's eye flicked to the temple and back to FS.
"I think it would be much more wise to discuss this away from divine ears, don't you?"
((K. G'night))

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-21, 11:21 PM
Rabbit, shaking with fear, walked up to the temple. Oh, yes, right up into it. She had no evil intent, no malicious thoughts.
There was only a simple terror as she strode up to the doors, and then waited hesitantly.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-21, 11:24 PM
Amour's guitar can be heard from the upstairs, faintly, and Rabbit should have no doubt that he knows she's there.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-21, 11:26 PM
She reached out, hesitantly, to open the door to the temple, but halted, biting her lip awkwardly as she recalled their last interaction.
Fear Vs Awkward.
Ugh.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-21, 11:29 PM
You do realize if you stand out there, you'll catch a cold or something right? Amour's voice breaks the silence.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-21, 11:31 PM
"I don't catch colds." Rabbit responded cooly back, though her heart hiccuped. Knowing she had been caught and she couldn't escape after that moment, she sighed, pushed a lock of her nutmeg hair out of her eyes, and opened the door, stepping inside.

ThePhantom
2008-10-21, 11:33 PM
FS walks just outside the gallery, watching to see if Rabbit was going to do what he took out of the contract anyways.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-21, 11:33 PM
I see. Amour is inside, guitar sitting next to him as he lounges in a chair.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-21, 11:35 PM
Interestingly enough, that's what Rabbit was there to talk to Amour about. In a way, anyways.
"I, um..hi?" She tripped over her words as she looked over him again for the first time in days.
Beautiful arrogance.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-21, 11:37 PM
Hello Lapine. He says, looking up at her with his dark eyes. Can I help you?

ThePhantom
2008-10-21, 11:37 PM
Need a hand on using it? Or do want to struggle through trying to figure out how to do, Miss Rabbit? A mental message to Rabbit from FS.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-21, 11:39 PM
Rabbit jumped.
Well, damn, if he was going to tell her how, Rabbit's purpose for being there was pointless, as she was just hoping to have somebody make sure she didn't die from the pain of failing.
If you could tell me, and not have me use Amour as practice, that would be muchly appreciated.
She smiled a little sheepishly at Amour.
"Er, maybe not anymore."

ThePhantom
2008-10-21, 11:41 PM
I'll let you figure it out the first time. You're smart, and don't worry, unless time runs out, this won't hurt you at all. But here's a hint, you have be touching whatever it is.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-21, 11:42 PM
No? Well, so long as you're here, would you kindly help me replace the painting you destroyed? He asks, not unkindly.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-21, 11:43 PM
Then I'll get to it later...

Rabbit blinked, her hazel eyes connecting with Amour's darker ones, and she shivered.
"Er...I suppose?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-21, 11:46 PM
Amour chuckles slightly, and a canvas and brush appear in his hands. He begins to paint.

ThePhantom
2008-10-21, 11:49 PM
Fine, I'll tell the rest of it. Think of just pure black, and the object or person your'e touching is gone. You might want your artist friend to give you some help of how to think of a pure color.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-21, 11:51 PM
Think pure black? Are you pulling my leg?
Rabbit frowned, watching Amour as she thought her communication back to FS.
Despite her skeptical opinion, she coughed quietly.
"Amour?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-21, 11:52 PM
Yes Lapine? Amour says, not looking up from his painting.

ThePhantom
2008-10-21, 11:53 PM
Nope, that's how I make it work, and I'm the expert on it. What can I say, i'm an artistic person.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-21, 11:54 PM
Rabbit couldn't help but chuckle outloud at FS, though she attempted to swallow it quickly, taking a serious tone as she spoke with the "god".
"I...I need to learn how to focus purely on a color. Would you know how to do that?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-21, 11:58 PM
Of course. Merely think of something with that color, and then focus. Like narrowing your view. For example, if one were to think of a painting of a girl with a red hat, and then mentally zoomed in so that they were only seeing the hat in their mind, and then only the red, not even the outline, that would be focusing on a color. He states.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 12:06 AM
"Mmm, thank you." And, from there, Rabbit resolved to remain silent, watching Amour as he continued to paint.

ThePhantom
2008-10-22, 12:09 AM
Aren't you going to try it? I thought you wanted to see if it worked?

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 12:10 AM
Amour makes a final brushstroke and turns the painting around to show Rabbit. It's of her, obviously, and perfectly done, though curiously, this one seems a bit more realistic than the last one of her, though that might just be because he had a live model this time.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 12:12 AM
Not on Amour, though. I came here thinking I wouldn't know how and would be writhing in pain two days from now.
Rabbit fidgeted nervously, but still managed to smile at the painting.
"Skilled and artfully perfect, as always, Amour."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 12:13 AM
Mm, thank you. Amour says, dismissing the compliment, and teleporting the painting to a blank wall spot. He picks up his guitar and begins to play softly.

ThePhantom
2008-10-22, 12:14 AM
Mind if I come and see this Amour. Who is this man who attracts and repels you?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 12:18 AM
A-woah-woah-woah. Attracts? Yeah, right, so the guy's attractive, but, he's just a friend, who happens to think he's a god. There's...someone else, actually... But, hell, if you feel you need to meet Amour, I've no problem with it. You're free to do as you please.
The thought of having any romantic feelings felt wrong, like a bitter after taste of medicine.
Even so, she moved for once gracefully, sitting at Amour's feet as if the past week had not happened.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 12:22 AM
And in Amour's mind, it hasn't, for she passed through his barrier. Though he began by playing random chords, he gradually shifts into a song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQEoPIqjMoI&feature=related)

>.>
<.<

ThePhantom
2008-10-22, 12:23 AM
FS knocks on the door. "May I come in."

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 12:25 AM
Rabbit arched any eyebrow curiously at his song choice, but her eyes quickly drifted over to the door of the temple.
"Be careful with that."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 12:25 AM
An acolyte opens the door. In a moment. Amour doesn't like to be interrupted when he's playing. It'll only be a minute or so.

ThePhantom
2008-10-22, 12:27 AM
"Really, well, I'm the same way. I'll wait." FS stands outside.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 12:28 AM
Again, the Hatter fidgeted uneasily for a moment, however brief it was, the guitar calming her near instantly as she watched Amour.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 12:29 AM
Amour finishes his song and sets his guitar down. Come in. He says to FS.

ThePhantom
2008-10-22, 12:31 AM
FS comes in. "How do you do? I've hear a few good things about you."

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 12:32 AM
Watching FS and Amour, Rabbit continued to sit where she was, biting her lip, unsure of what to think or do in such a situation.
However, when FS greeted the god, she lifted a single eyebrow in confusion.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 12:33 AM
I do quite well as a matter of fact. As for compliments, that's nice to hear, as they are rare in this Town. Amour's eyes flick over to Rabbit for a moment, before turning back to FS. And you are?

ThePhantom
2008-10-22, 12:35 AM
"Miss Rabbit didn't tell you? I met her just as you kicked her out last week. My name is Foreign Stranger, or FS. I'm the owner of the bank, and a musician."

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 12:36 AM
Spluttering at the mention of her name, Rabbit's eyes moved almost frantically to FS.
What exactly was he planning to do here?

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 12:37 AM
A banker and a musician huh? Very eclectic pursuits. Amour muses.

ThePhantom
2008-10-22, 12:41 AM
"Miss Rabbit looks a little worried, perhase I should leave. It was good to meet you, perhase you could come to one of my preforminces?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 12:43 AM
Amour nods. Perhaps I will.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 12:43 AM
"Don't feel as if you have to leave because of me." Calm and collected again, Rabbit stood from her place by Amour's feet.
"I could leave, if you'd prefer."

ThePhantom
2008-10-22, 12:44 AM
"I'm afraid I have to go. And remember, Miss Rabbit, the end of the first day is close at hand." FS turns to go.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 12:49 AM
First day? Amour asks quizically.

ThePhantom
2008-10-22, 12:50 AM
"That is none of your business, thanks to Miss Rabbit. I bid you both a fond farewell." FS leaves.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 12:51 AM
Giving an unenthusiastic wave, Rabbit watched FS go, sighing.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 12:51 AM
Fair enough I suppose. Amour says, shrugging.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 12:53 AM
"He's...helping me with an issue of mine. Something to do with my sister." She explained quietly, finding herself a chair to curl up in, attempting for all the world to push her anxieties away.
To deal with them when she was alone.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 12:55 AM
Amour nods, deciding not to pry. Alright. He sits back in his chair and begins to play. You know, you ought to take me up on my offer to help you write some music. It'd be fun. He remarks.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 12:58 AM
"I...don't think so." Her typical frown returned, and she began to watch him again.
He really was attractive.
A shame she didn't find any worth in pursuing that. Then again, he could consider himself a sex god, and she wouldn't give the idea of pursuing him thought.
"I really have no musical knowledge in the least."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 01:01 AM
That's actually a good thing. Knowledge gets in the way of art. People tell you you can't color outside the lines, it's restrictive. But if you do color outside the lines, there are no mental obstacles to overcome. With a few days of basic training, I could teach you all you'd ever need to know for any instrument, and you could compose a masterpiece. He seems to enjoy the thought for a moment, before shrugging. Of course, it's only if you want to. But don't pretend that you can't, because I assure you you can.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 01:04 AM
Oddly, she found herself chuckling.
"There's something I need to do in the next couple of days. But, if that works out...I think...I think I might just go along with this idea of yours. Until you get so frustrated, you give up on me." Her crimson lips continued to twitch with amusement even after she reigned her laughter in.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 05:44 PM
Amour smiles. I've never given up on a musician before, and I don't intend to give you the satisfaction of making me eat my words.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 11:20 PM
"Aha, but I am no musician." Rabbit sat herself down again, near his feet.
Had it been a different man, or she a different woman, it might have looked reverential, or loving.
However, as Rabbit was neither a disciple of religious or romantic thoughts, it look merely like a friend teasing another.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 11:23 PM
Everyone's a musician. It's just a matter of working hard enough. Amour says, looking down at her with a light smirk.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 11:27 PM
Arching a brown eyebrow, Rabbit watched him a few moments longer before shaking her head, laughing.
"You silly attempt for a god. I'll prove you wrong, and then we'll see who's ineffable."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 11:28 PM
I'll prove myself right, and you'll be forced to accept that I'm right. Amour absently picked up his guitar and bit his lip in thought.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 11:30 PM
"Oh?" Wiggling her eyebrows in thought, Rabbit leaned closer to him, watching.
"Would you like to make a wager on that?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 11:30 PM
What would we be wagering for, exactly? Amour raises an eyebrow, clearly interested.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 11:33 PM
Rabbit bit her lips, pondering over the possibilities.
"If you can, indeed, bring out this 'inner musician' in me, with best efforts of the both of us, I'll...accept your godhood, or something. Perhaps come to worship you myself. If, though, I'm correct, you'll have to end your worship in this Town. Turn this place into a normal art gallery."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 11:36 PM
Amour laughed. No, please, don't worship me. Accepting my godhood though, that's something worth betting for. I accept. He chuckles. Pick your instrument.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 11:40 PM
"I'll pick it when I'm capable of doing so. In a few days." She sat back down on her bottom, flicking hair out of her eyes.
"I assume you have a plan?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 11:41 PM
Amour chuckles and shakes his head. Nope. I'll be making it up as I go along.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-22, 11:49 PM
Quite convinced she was in the right, Rabbit fell back against the floor, staring up at the ceiling with an amused grin.
"You know, I just thought of something. The fine arts rely on mechanical arts. Afterall, what would Michelangelo have painted on if someone had not built him a ceiling?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 11:58 PM
I'm certain I don't know. Amour says, strumming his guitar. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj-4t9drUlM)

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:00 AM
Her eyes slipped closed and she sat there, listening, not moving for long moments as she breathed deeply in and out.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 12:02 AM
Amour continues to play, looking distantly at the ceiling.

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 12:03 AM
Miss Rabbit, you do know, that your time is almost up. I would hurry and fulfill the contract before the time is done.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:04 AM
I've another whole day.
Which was really the only time her player had to play with Fan >>
I'll get on it, I'll get on it.

Even so, Rabbit stirred a bit from her calm, slightly anxious.

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 12:05 AM
True, but that is your last chance, you fail then and you pay the price.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:10 AM
With sudden terror, Rabbit sat up suddenly, her hat falling from her head to clatter to the floor.
"A-Amour. I-I need paper. Not anything artsy. Just something to write on. Do you think you could..?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 12:12 AM
Amour complies, creating a piece of paper and a pen, not missing a note from his song.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:14 AM
"Thhhank you!" Rabbit removed a purple pen from the inside of her jacket and began scribbling a note quickly, holding it in her fingers before snapping them, the paper disappearing with a quiet pop.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 12:18 AM
What was that for? Amour asks inquisitivly.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:23 AM
"I-it was ju-just something I had forgotten to do. Involving my sister." Biting her crimson lip, Rabbit seemed very reluctant to share. This was, expectantly, more because she didn't want to accidentally divulge how close she had been to trapping the man infront of her in a horrible state of existance for...forever, rather than admit what she was planning to do to her brother in law.
In a way, she had no shame.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 12:26 AM
The sister that lives at the League place? The one with the husband that you...dislike?

Bit of an understatement.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:28 AM
"How...did you know that?" Rabbit's eyes slashed against his form suspiciously, like angry knives, and she stood, attempting to get a better angle to be intimidating from.
Hah.
Intimidating.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 12:29 AM
Amour shrugs. I was at the League the other day, visiting, and I met her. She mentioned you, and the current situation.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:31 AM
"Ah." Her coldness returned, and she straightened, turning slightly from Amour, as if to say her interest had fallen.
"So, there it is."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 12:33 AM
I don't suppose you plan on telling me what exactly that paper was for? He says, sitting up and placing his guitar on the ground.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:35 AM
"Nope. I don't intend to at all." Rabbit plopped herself down in a nearby chair, watching the god with dull hazel eyes.
"Are you going to insist on knowing? Dig through my mind for it?"

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 12:36 AM
FS walks by and starts to quietly climb the wall.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 12:38 AM
No. If it's so important to you that you'd rather I didn't know, I don't plan on searching through your thoughts to satisfy my curiosity. If you want to tell me, you will, and if you don't, I'll have to accept not knowing. Amour shrugs.

Umm...what wall?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:39 AM
For just a moment, her face relaxed, her eyes showing vulnerability for a moment.
"What a strange man you are..."

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 12:39 AM
The wall of the building, what other wall could there be?

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 12:41 AM
How's he going to climb it, it's flawless marble.

Amour nods slightly. Yes I suppose I am.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:42 AM
Nuzzling into the seat, she sighed.
"So, how long have you known?"

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 12:43 AM
He's a phantom, he can actually float if he wants to.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 12:44 AM
Ok then.

Amour shrugs. Not long.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:45 AM
Picking apart her memory, she searched for any small motion, any difference in the way he spoke, any small hint that he had reacted to her in any way noticeably unmatching to his previous behavior.
Nothing occurred, and so she pushed the thoughts away.
"Did Turtle look well?"

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 12:48 AM
FS moves above the window closest to where Rabbit and Amour are talking. Taking care to stay out of sight, he listens in on what their saying.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 12:49 AM
Well enough I suppose, though somewhat...worn out I would say. Amour replies.

Amour eyes dart in FS' direction for a split section, aknowledging him, and then back to Rabbit, as if he hadn't done anything.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:50 AM
"Mmm..." Rabbit sighed again, leaning her head against the chair's arm.
"There... are times I wish he hadn't taken her from me in those circumstances."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 12:53 AM
He nods in understanding, though, being without a family, he can't truly understand the sibling bond.

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 12:54 AM
"So you saw me." FS comes through the wall. "Well, I just wanted to see what this place was like, I didn't have a good look the last time I was here."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 12:56 AM
Amour nods to FS. Feel free to look around.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:56 AM
Rabbit jumped at the sudden entrance of FS, goosebumps spreading up her flesh.
"For the sake of all that lives, man, don't do that!"

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 12:57 AM
"Sorry for surprising you Miss Rabbit. And thank you Amour, I will." FS goes and looks at the art.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 01:32 AM
A butterfly flutters in and delivers a return letter.

No.

When you're serious about accepting my marriage, we'll talk. A promise to temporarily behave yourself means nothing.

Love,
Mrs Amakirr

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 01:42 AM
Frowning, Rabbit quickly scribbled a short, terse reply, and snapped it off.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 11:25 AM
Turtle teleports in outside the temple, and walks in, looking for Rabbit. She's very respectful to any of the acolytes she might encounter.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 11:26 AM
Rabbit has since fallen asleep in her chair, her hat fallen to the floor.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 11:34 AM
Turtle approaches her sister, picks up the hat, and sets it down behind another chair--somewhere out of Rabbit's immediate reach and sight.

Then she puts a hand out and very gently brushes the loose hair off her sister's face.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 11:39 AM
Rabbit muttered something incomprehensible, and sat up, looking at Turtle with sleep-hazed eyes.
"Sis, really, I didn't set those monsters under your bed. You can go back to bed..."

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 11:45 AM
"Don't worry. I sporked them all to pieces," Turtle says. "My first rage. Uncle Raven was so proud." She sits down on a low table nearby. "Are you in trouble, sis?"

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 11:48 AM
Rabbit seemed taken aback as she slammed back into reality, and she grasped for her hat, which was missing from her head.
Looking around frantically, she spotted it just out of her reach and sighed.
"A little bit, yes. But I can fix part of it by giving something to you."

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 11:54 AM
Turtle frowns. "You aren't in trouble because of me, are you? I know we don't see eye to eye, but I've never tried to hurt you... "

Which was not strictly true. After all, sisters fight with each other, and when one of them is a barbarian, injuries tended to occur. But she had never intended to hurt her sister.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 11:58 AM
"Nooo, this one is purely my stupidity. If you reach into my hat, you'll find a mask. Or, rather, you won't, because the Hat won't work for you. Its loyal to me. But, anyways, there's a mask in there. I was told it would trap whoever attempts to mind control you in it, i.e. Draken, but I'm not sure about it. If I give it to you, which I have to, I want you to be careful with it."
She spoke with an even meter, watching her sister with neutral eyes.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 12:04 PM
"What? Who gave it to you?" Turtle asks, instantly suspicious. It was Intergang. She was sure of it. They hadn't given up after all. They'd been tracking down her sister, and threatening her. :smallmad:

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:08 PM
Rabbit waved her hand, as if to dissipate her sister's worries.
"You could say I made a deal with a good-aligned devil. I don't think he's much of a threat to you, but I'm not sure he wants you to know who he is, and, if that's so, I can't give you that information."

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 12:13 PM
"Rabbit, the people who are targeting GLoG are capable of taking any form they wish and twisting your mind to make you believe whatever they want. It's horrible."

Lex-Kat
2008-10-23, 12:16 PM
Lex teleprots outside the temples doors. She flutters inside. Mistress! Are you still here??

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:16 PM
"He's a Townie." As if that explained anything.
"I don't think he's been near GLoG or HALO or AMEN or whatever. You don't need to use it, you only need to have it. Throw it in some magic-free zone or something. I don't know."

Kaelaroth
2008-10-23, 12:17 PM
Gently, someone tries to place a very simple thought in Turtle's head. What if Rabbit's not really Rabbit?

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 12:32 PM
I'm here, Lex.

She tries to keep her face neutral as the thought crosses her mind. Maybe Lex would be able to tell if it were Rabbit or not.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:33 PM
"Oh. Hello, Lexy." Rabbit beamed up at the pixie, glad for a happier interruption.
"You might want to keep it down a bit, dearest to my heart. This is something of a museum."

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 12:42 PM
"I remain skeptical," Turtle says to Rabbit.

Lex, do you know if this is really her? What if it's LaRoth?

Lex-Kat
2008-10-23, 12:44 PM
Lexy flies upto Rabbit and Turtle, giving each of them a hug. So, what's so important, Rabbit?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:46 PM
"I need to give Turtle something someone gave me, or face something worse than death. And I know that I've killed Fan before, and I may do it again, but, hell, I don't have a way of coming back." Rabbit sounded a bit more than slightly perturbed at the situation.
It seemed like her other task might end up being the easier one.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-23, 12:46 PM
Lex looks at Rabbit, very quizzically. If you are Rabbit, then what were you about to eat, when you and Turtle began fighting about how to handle who?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 12:52 PM
"Er...what?" Really. The question is worded oddly.
"You mean after she and I went into your mind to save you from your own dementia? Cause that was cake. And I never did get to eat it, though you did bring me dobos when you came to visit. Mmm, dobos..." For a split second, Rabbit's eyes glazed over with the thought.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-23, 12:55 PM
Yay!!! It's you. Lex flings herself at Rabbit and hugs her.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 12:57 PM
As soon as Lex is convinced, Turtle is too.

"Okay. Good. You're you. Now--fate worse than death. Tell me who it is, and I'll go take care of him."