PDA

View Full Version : The Gallery of Lights (The Temple of Amour)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 01:01 PM
"There's nothing you can do about it. Or him. I signed a contract. Like I said, I made a deal with a good-aligned devil. Just...take the mask. I'll even give you an anti-magic field bag to keep it in. Throw it in your closet. Never look at it again, but for the love of all that exists, please just take the damn thing!" Rabbit hugged Lex, carefully, without influencing her rising anger.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-23, 01:02 PM
Oh, snap. I forgot my cake. Nice to see you two getting along. Lex smiles then you hear a small *POP* and she's gone.

((Deadtime- worktime)

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 01:06 PM
As soon as Lex is gone, Turtle's face turns dark. "And give me one reason I should trust you, you murderous bitch," she hisses through clenched teeth.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 01:09 PM
Rabbit rolled her eyes.
"Is it really murder if he just keeps coming back and back and back? I've never physically hurt you, and this guy seems more concerned with your mental health than I am. Taken the ****ing mask already."

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 01:12 PM
"If he's so concerned with my mental health, then he won't mind meeting with me, will he?" Turtle says, smiling sweetly. "I can't really say I'm all that crazy about someone I've never ****ing met taking an interest in my mind."

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 01:14 PM
"Yeah, well, you know, with the way you treat your own sister, who you know would never hurt a hair on your head, I can't say I really blame him. You might just rage his face off or something." Rabbit lunged for her hat, digging around in it to withdraw the white half-mask, glancing over it.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 01:23 PM
"My own sister who wants to destroy the man I love," Turtle says. "Fine. Suffer your fate worse than death. You ****ing deserve it." :smallmad:

She turns and stalks away while Rabbit is digging, trying to keep the anger under control.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 01:25 PM
Rabbit shrugged. She had been planning on Plan B anyways; That Turtle had showed up merely slowed it.
"So be it." She muttered.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 02:05 PM
Turtle makes it as far as the flower gardens outside before she sits on a bench and bursts into tears.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 03:07 PM
Adjusting her hat, Rabbit poofs away.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 04:35 PM
Turtle finally dries her eyes and composes herself. Oblivious to events back at GLoG, she wanders about. She isn't terribly interested in the visual art or books, but she finds the gardens breathtaking, and she likes the fountain on the second floor. She sits on the edge of the fountain, trailing her fingers in the holy water, lost in reflection.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 05:24 PM
Can I help you? Amour's trademark question to strange people in his temple.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 05:30 PM
((Turtle may be strange, but she's not a stranger to Amour))

Turtle looks up and recognizes Amour from his visit to GLoG. "I was just looking for some inner peace."

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 05:41 PM
Turtle might hear a familiar voice in her head.

A little birdie told me GLoG's captured Nomlas again. You might want to make sure he doesn't escape again...

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 05:48 PM
((Why must you destroy Turtle's chance at inner peace? WHY? :smallfrown:))

"Oh hell."

Turtle teleports away.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 06:31 PM
(Gah sorry, my internet died)

Amour raises an eyebrow and sits down on the edge of the fountain.

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 06:33 PM
Amour might hear a voice in his head.

Sorry about that. But I needed her for something.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 06:36 PM
No, that's quite all right. Even if the link isn't supposed to work both ways, the voice can hear Amour in its head.

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 06:37 PM
Good to hear.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 06:44 PM
Turtle returns to the temple, having satisfied herself that Nomlas is safely incarcerated for the moment, and wanders around in the gardens.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 06:45 PM
The gardens are pretty.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 06:50 PM
Yup. Turtle likes gardens. Much nicer than paintings. She gets some ideas for ways to improve her own rose garden.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 06:52 PM
Taken with my garden are you? Gah. Amour has an odd tendency to appear behind people when they're busy.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 06:54 PM
"I like all gardens," Turtle says. "But there's something about this one... I can't quite identify what it is. It's peaceful. But that's not exactly it."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 06:55 PM
Hmm. Amour remarks. Interesting way to put it, peaceful.

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 06:56 PM
Both hear the same voice once again.

Peaceful? Haven't seen peace in a long time...

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 07:00 PM
Then maybe you should come and visit this place.

"I've tried to make my garden a peaceful place. But it hasn't worked out that way."

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 07:00 PM
I'm one of those unlucky ones without a teleporter. Heh...

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 07:05 PM
No? Have you tried making it a magical Sanctuary?

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 07:11 PM
"I think we have too many enemies. And it's really a good thing that they target us, rather than ordinary people. At least we can fight back." Turtle hesitates, wondering whether to bring up her sister, and finally deciding against it.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 07:13 PM
I suppose so. However, it wouldn't be too hard to make your garden calming. With a few spells, you could make people relax upon entering. He shrugs.

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 07:18 PM
Darkcomet teleports in after getting a K-Corp drone to use a scroll of teleport (yes, it does have ranks in UMD).

Nice place...

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 07:22 PM
"Oh, it is calming. I spend most of my time there. But it's not..." Turtle waves a hand helplessly, indicating the surroundings. Rabbit was the one with the clever words. She sighs in frustration. "Oh hell. I'm not a god."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 07:23 PM
Amour laughed. Most people aren't.

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 07:27 PM
You were right... It is calming here.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 07:30 PM
"You're very different from my goddess. Do you know Nierian?"

((Goddess of Love and Death and the guardian of souls))

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 07:32 PM
Not personally, no. I am rather unorthodox, in terms of how I keep my religion. Mainly in that I live primarily on the Material Plane. Amour explains.

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 07:34 PM
Peace... Is an unusual feeling for me. I haven't seen it since Kaela's prison...

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 07:48 PM
Turtle nods. "And Nierian has very little ability to manifest here. Mostly only through my henchpixie."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 07:57 PM
Amour nods back. Like I said, I'm unorthodox.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 08:01 PM
"Thank you for your time. I should be getting back home," Turtle says. "Goodbye, gentlemen."

She teleports away.

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 08:02 PM
DC turns to Amour.

Again, I apologize for earlier.

He turns to leave.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 08:03 PM
Rabbit peered around a bush precariously.
"Are they gone?"

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-23, 08:08 PM
Vespe appears right behind her. It appears so.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 08:12 PM
Startled, Rabbit jumped, whirling about on her heels with a raised fist. Upon finding it to be Vespe behind her, she sighed, a deep exhalation of relief.
"What is it with you men and popping up out of nowhere?"

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-23, 08:18 PM
Vespe shrugs. I just do it because it's convienient, and more dramatic than walking all the way here. I suppose I could use the police box, but...eh.

So, what's going on? Decided to go ahead and destroy the temple anyway?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 08:19 PM
Plopping herself down on the bush, the hatter shook her head slowly.
"No. My sister was here, and, as I kinda just did something awful to her husband, I didn't exactly want to meet up with her. She'd rage my face off, or something." Rabbit shuddered at the thought.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-23, 08:23 PM
Turtle's your sister? And you did something awful to Fanboy? Vespe breaks into a grin. What did you do to him? Tell me!

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 08:25 PM
"Half sister. And...well, I'm note fully sure what I did. Some guy gave me the ability to do it, and told me if I didn't do it by midnight, I'd be in for a world of pain. So, I did it. He's off in vestiges, or something." Her hazel eyes wandered briefly over the scenery, before it finally clicked to her, and she looked up to Vespe with a grin.
"Ah! I remember you! You were at the wedding, weren't you? Best man, and all that jazz?"

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-23, 08:28 PM
Yeah, yeah, best man... Vespe seems to ponder exactly what a "vestige" is for a few moments, before something clicks. He laughs. Fantastic! He grabs Rabbit's hand, vigorously shaking it. Amazing! Can't believe it! I'd kiss you but I'm fairly certain you'd be opposed to that, so let me just say thank you so much. He dances around the garden, clearly overjoyed.

((Deadtime for dinner, will hopefully be back soon))

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 08:48 PM
Rabbit blinked, taken aback at the comment of a kiss, but eventually came out chuckling.
"Much obliged. Its good to see not everyone's out to get back at the big bad Rabbit." His mood seemed to be contagious, and so she giggled and danced around with him.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-23, 09:02 PM
After a while, Vespe stops dancing. So tell me, what do you have against Fanboy?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 09:09 PM
"How do I hate him? Let me count the ways..." Rabbit's smile dropped as she ceased her dancing, scowling as she twisted the classical love poem by Elizabeth Browning.
"I hate him to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I hate him to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I hate him freely, as men strive for Right;
I hate him purely, as they turn from Praise.
I hate with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith. " Sighing, she blushed a bit, embarrassed to have been caught in the middle of such silly spite, before stating quite clearly.
"Among such slights as being an idiot and brutish, Fan was weak enough to be persuaded to the light, and dragged my sister with him. I still don't think I'd much like him otherwise, but I guess its roots are in jealousy." Her shoulders shrugged, rippling her long umber hair.
"And yourself? Why are you so pleased with the horrors I've delivered to him?"

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-23, 09:14 PM
Well, aside from the fact that he's an idiot, a pretentious snob, a goody-two-shoes, and all preachy about his goddess or whatever, he is the one thing all bards are sworn to destroy.

He's a tin god, an overpowered avatar, a wish-fulfillment cardboard cutout with no personality and far too many levels for his own good. In his own mind, and in the minds of others, everything he does is justified, no matter what. Even mass murder and genocide are entirely reasonable in his warped perception of reality. He is the alpha and omega, the center of his own personal universe. He can do whatever he wishes, and he always wins. When even his absurd power is not enough, he simply cries for his goddess, and she fixes everything with a snap of her fingers.

To put it simply, he's a Gary Stu. And I hate him more than you can possibly imagine.

((Disclaimer: The above post is the opinion of Vespe and not necessarily that of his player))

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 09:20 PM
Her hazel eyes wide, Rabbit watched Vespe orate with a bit of amazement, and, when he had finished, she smiled wryly.
"Is that all?" She extended a hand encased in a silk glove.
"It seems you and I have more in common every time we meet, Mr Ratavo."

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-23, 09:23 PM
Vespe takes her hand, and shakes it again. It would seem so. Do you like my speech? I've been practicing it for a while now.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 09:25 PM
"It was very impressive. I couldn't tell that it had been practiced at all." Her grin continued to widen.
"How I continually bump into people with these kinda skills, I don't know. I envy you all, though."

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-23, 09:28 PM
"Skills?" What kind of skills are you talking about?

Lex-Kat
2008-10-23, 09:35 PM
There is an audible *POP* behind Rabbit. Vespe will see Lex, there is a VERY visible red aura surrounding the usually lovable pixie.

Flaming Chihuahuas! Three Flaming Chihuahuas appear. They are snarling.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 09:36 PM
"I generally meant I envy you bards. Delivery of words, influential orations, these are things I have to struggle for, and yet it comes to you all so easily." Pushing a hand through her hair, careful not to disrupt her glasses or hat.
And then there were flaming chihuahuas.
"Well, this is pleasant.."

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-23, 09:39 PM
Vespe shrugs. It's not that hard, I could teach you sometime...after we deal with the chihuahuas, of course.

Vespe pulls out a revolver, and holds it at the ready. I've got six shots, and you've got three dogs. Think carefully.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-23, 09:43 PM
Why'd you do it, Rabbit? Why'd you hurt my Mistress? Flying Chihuahuas! Tears are streaming down Lex's face.

Six Flying Chihuahuas appear over head, and begin to dive bomb Vespe.

Suddenly, the Flaming Chihuahuas charge Rabbit. They will try to rip her to shreds.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-23, 09:44 PM
You're not a saint yours- Vespe's words are cut off as he quickly discharges all six shots at the chihuahuas. Each shot has Inflict Critical Wounds cast on it, by the way.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 09:46 PM
"Didn't hurt her, and things will be fine in..." Rabbit checked the nearby sundial.
" 'Bout three hours." Even so, Rabbit whipped her arm about, tossing two of the thin blades she keeps in her sleeves at the small rat dogs.
Oddly, the only thought she has is Please don't ruin the Gardens. Please, don't. Amour will be so pissed at me...

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-23, 09:52 PM
Oh, for- screw this. The police box appears next to Vespe, and he hops in.

Rabbit will find a key in her pocket. The assembled hordes of Genghis Khan couldn't break down the TARDIS doors, I doubt a few chihuahuas could. Even if they are flying. And on fire.

((Yes, I know this is kind of cheap, but I've got to deadtime. Bye.))

Lex-Kat
2008-10-23, 09:56 PM
Vespe kills four of the Flying Chihuahuas, missing the other two completely.

They attack him. ((If they get you, it is only minor damage. These are the weakest of her summons. They usually only scout. Which is why there are more.))

Rabbit likewise kills slaughters two of the Flaming Chihuahuas. The third is knocked back and into the plant life ((:smallbiggrin:)).

Righ behind the Chihuahuas, Lex flies through and attempts to hit Rabbit between the eyes with a ball of pixie dust. ((It's a solid ball, that may knock Rabbit cold, or just hurt a lot, if it hits.))

((DEADTIME, so I can go home. :smallfrown:))

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:00 PM
It hurts a helluva lot, and Rabbit clutches her head, cursing.
"Of course, its always about fricken Turtle. Turtle's so strong, Turtle's the pride of the family. Turtle was the best at being evil, and not that's she's good, everyone still loves and worships at her feet. I borrow Fan for a whole day to avoid pain that is worse than death, and I'm the bad person here. Poor Turtle. With her happy little marriage and sweet new life. Poor Turtle, with all of Lex's love. I'm so ****ing sick of it. Sick of it all!"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 10:00 PM
For all that is sacred, what the HELL are you people doing? Amour appears, frowning. Suddenly, magic barriers shoot up around Rabbit, Vespe, and Lex, protecting them from harm. The chihuahuas are not so lucky.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:09 PM
"I don't know about them-" She gestured to the other two.
"But I'm here cause I'm always here."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 10:12 PM
Amour sighs. Yes, you are always here aren't you? But you seem to have brought trouble, which is very much not a good thing. He looks at the deadtimed Vespe and Lex and frowns. Banished...pure intent...yada yada yada. Vespe, Lex, and the remaining chihuahuas are pushed out 100 yards from the door, unable to get closer unless that bear no ill will towards anyone on temple grounds.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:15 PM
Suddenly, and in a manner very unlike Rabbit, her eyes dropped to the ground, and she whispered.
"I'm...sorry..."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 10:16 PM
Amour shrugs and turns to walk back inside the temple. Don't worry about it. They didn't break anything at least.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:19 PM
Rabbit followed after him silently, her booted feet dragging against the ground. Unless it would mess with anything specifically placed, in which case she would place her feet carefully.

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 10:22 PM
"Very good Miss Rabbit." :smallamused:FS steps out from the wall. "I didn't think that you would do it on time, so it looks like there is not going to be a lot of pain in your near future."

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-23, 10:23 PM
A telepathic message suddenly creeps its way into Rabbit's mind.

Kill Turtle. Kill Fanboy. Kill FS. Destroy their souls. Problem solved.

((*Goes back to being deadtimed*))

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 10:24 PM
Amour takes a seat in his usual spot and picks up his guitar, playing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEQ-OQwhofY)

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:25 PM
"Yeah, well, I've done it. And now, if you don't mind, I intend to tell my sister that itty bitty clause you had at the end. You know, the bit about a higher god, etc, etc." Rabbit may not be the strongest, or even the most useful, but she is shrewd enough to read everything she intends to sign.

And then the thought wavers into her mind, and she shuddered.

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 10:27 PM
"You think I'll let Amour save Fanboy, I don't think so. This has all be a part of a plan of mine, and I need your sister to draw someone out for me." FS takes out a noose, and tries to throw it around Rabbit's neck.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 10:28 PM
Amour stops playing, and FS will find himself frozen. No violence please.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:28 PM
"No, not Amour. That pixie goddes-"The noose slips easily over Rabbit's neck, and she hardly has the time to mutter.
"****."

Except, apparantly, FS is frozen.

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 10:29 PM
"Then let me and Miss Rabbit have a little talk outside. This is for the good of the town."
((I know your character is a god, but that is godmoding.))

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:31 PM
((in his thread, in his temple, its allowed. We used to have this huge long argument about it over a year ago.))
"Yeah, see, I'd rather not die. I did what you asked me to, and I intend to let my sister know how to fix it so she can go on in her happy good-y life, doing good things." Rabbit lifted her hand to pull the noose back over her head, unconsciously moving closer to Amour.

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 10:32 PM
"Wait, I need no violence, you have still not fulfilled the contract, it says you need to send two people there, and you haven't done that yet. You haven't won just yet."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 10:33 PM
(In a sense. He's a Greater God, in his own temple. He is at his most powerful. He's not going to kill anyone, but trying to slip a noose over someone he's fond of is just not gonna fly, considering he's probably 10 feet away. If you don't want gods to intervene, you don't do things that will anger them within their sight.)

Talk if you wish, but I'd prefer it to be here, so I can...supervise. Amour says, fixing FS with an icy look.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:34 PM
"Oho, no. The contract says that I needed to only send Fanboy. I fulfilled it." Though Rabbit's voice is firm, her knees began to shake.

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 10:38 PM
"It says you have to send Fanboy, I didn't take out the part saying two people. You know Amour, she almost send you to someplace really nasty, are you sure you can trust her?" FS's eyes start to glow a little.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:41 PM
"It said two specific people. You took out one of those specific people, so that leaves only Fan." Rabbit began to shake with a silent rage.
Enough was enough, and she was quickly reaching that point.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 10:41 PM
No. I don't really trust her much at all in fact. After all, she says she wants to get rid of gods. He shrugs. I just happen to trust you less.

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 10:43 PM
:smallmad:"I will not lose, there's a council member who has to be taken care of. Don't make me summon someone as strong as Amour to prove my point."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 10:43 PM
Sounds pretty hard given that it's my temple, and you currently can't move...

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:44 PM
" A council member?" Rabbit's eyebrows arched.
"Now, what's all this about? You obviously have your own motives here, and I don't think a second person will much help that, hmm?"

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 10:46 PM
"The council member, why, you and your sister know him, at least his AMENite form. His name is Draken." FS starts to move a little.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 10:48 PM
Amour frowns. I'd advise against moving. I'm not in the best of moods, and a new statue might be just the pick-me-up I need. He glares.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:48 PM
"Ew. The Ancient Evil Demilich? You think you can defeat him, and that me trapping some random person will help? You've got Fan. That's all you need to get Turtle's interest." Still, she slowly inched closer to Amour.

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 10:50 PM
At the mention of Draken, a psychic presence watches with immense interest.

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 10:51 PM
"I know, but Turtle's not likely listen to a lowly townie. Besides, Draken is just a archmage frosthydra here. Here, he can die. Sorry about tricking you Miss Rabbit, but I couldn't think of any other way that would work."

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 10:53 PM
It might seem as if the presence is saying "do it do it do it do it" at the idea of killing Draken.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:53 PM
She was almost within reach of Amour, and still she backed ever so closer to the god.

"She won't listen to me, either. Infact, you'd be better off talking to her yourself, even as a Townie. She hates me, especially now. There's nothing more I can do for you."

D_Lord
2008-10-23, 10:55 PM
Something not even a shadow, not even a thin outline in the astral plane, something that only has the tiniest grip on anything in the world. Glares at the presence. As if to say "Why are you acting like a total fool?

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 10:55 PM
"I'll still get you. I wasn't kidding about the contract saying two people. But if you like, we could settle this issue in the town court?"

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:57 PM
"The contract says one. You said one." Her player is more than willing to bring up the specific post where Phantom had said she only needed to get one person.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 10:58 PM
If I may view one of your memories, perhaps I could be of assistance? Amour says, trying to rein in his anger.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 10:59 PM
(( >>
<<

"After all, you would be only going after one person instead of two."))

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 10:59 PM
"Sorry, Amour, but you are too much of a problem here. Come in, Dark Lord." FS sighs as he calls a certain someone here.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 11:01 PM
Is not going to woooooooork. Is Amour's temmmmmmple.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-23, 11:01 PM
Rabbit will hear Lex in her mind. I had always loved you, Mistress! Couldn't you tell? There is sadness in Lex's mind voice.

Then to Amour, because she hopes he can hear her. I am sorry. I will leave now.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 11:02 PM
Rabbit is a little too pissed off to deal with Lex right now.
And part of it is (in character) directed at Lex. A large part.

D_Lord
2008-10-23, 11:03 PM
Cracks of reality form with FS words. A shadow of a figure in a black cloak with a hood up and a crown, Steps through outside the temple.
Need me already? FS I thought you would be more afraid of the one who killed your first half. Want to finish the job?:xykon::amused:

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 11:05 PM
"Okay, Miss Rabbit, I think your'e okay. You did the contract. And now, I have to go before a certain god comes and eats me." FS runs to hide in the gallery.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 11:06 PM
Oh for the love of... Amour looks at the partially frozen FS. Banned, for good. Whoosh, 100 yards.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 11:07 PM
"Er...good luck with your deeds, and all that?" Rabbit muttered to FS's form, now evicted from the Temple, before turning to look at Amour.
"Yeah, I know. You were just telling me about the trouble I cause. I know. I'm sorry. I'm a pain. I know. I'm more trouble than I'm worth, and you wouldn't be the first to tell me."

ThePhantom
2008-10-23, 11:07 PM
"Sorry about all of this!" FS shouts as he flies out of the temple. In his head. Why does almost everything I backfire on me.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 11:10 PM
You're not a pain, Lapine, you just happen to cause havoc, and disrupt my daily goings on. He sighs and shrugs. I suppose it's not really your fault. Amour picks his acoustic guitar back up. Now where was I?

D_Lord
2008-10-23, 11:11 PM
In FS head. Because I cursed you. I'm just getting started again.
The shadow of the figure walks into the temple. And who are you fine people it's been so long since I'm been in this world or this plane at all.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 11:12 PM
As the shadow walked in, Rabbit held her head in her hands.
"For the love of the gods I don't believe in, is it ever going to end tonight? I've had one confrontation after another after another. Even a villainess needs her rest once in a while."

Draken
2008-10-23, 11:13 PM
"I know, but Turtle's not likely listen to a lowly townie. Besides, Draken is just a archmage frosthydra here. Here, he can die. Sorry about tricking you Miss Rabbit, but I couldn't think of any other way that would work."

Poor. Misled fool.

D_Lord
2008-10-23, 11:15 PM
Now who said I was going to fight. Besides I have no body. I can't touch anything at all, in anyway. So a villainess huh? And a mad one at that. :::biggrin:I LIKE YOU!:biggrin:

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 11:18 PM
((...that cannot be D_Lord's character. In no fricken' way. No way.))
"Uh...huh. So you're the big scary being FS was talking about?" She arched a single eyebrow, watching him, still sneaking closer to the god playing guitar.

D_Lord
2008-10-23, 11:20 PM
Yes I did kill this more powerful part. I just happen to be so mad that not even Chuota, or any of the other elder gods or creatures of limbo will hang out with me, and you could say I'm dead.
(way people, Me and DLord are MAD INSAINE CRASY !!!!!! and no need for the laws of english.)

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 11:26 PM
"Poor big bad shadow-guy-thing. Noone wanted to play with you?" Her crimson lips curved into a smirk, her voice retaining its confidence...her eyes flickering...blue?
Just for a moment.
The other two beings in the room, being of the power level that they are, might have noticed her energy had fluctuated in that moment, as well.
Rabbit, however, seems not to have noticed a thing.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 11:30 PM
Amour notices, stopping his playing, raising an eyebrow at Rabbit.

Boo
2008-10-23, 11:33 PM
"I can taste her more..." Topsy says as he stands tens of feet above the crowd. "Hmhmhm, God, God, Hatter. Sounds like a fun game."

D_Lord
2008-10-23, 11:35 PM
I'm make them play. My stories never end. Even now my stories go on. And as they go, the clinches, the puns, the troops and the chaos, My power grows. Go ahead. Hit me, send me to the void, kill my soul, destroy my spirt and I come back.And playing is not all I do. Tell me Have you ever seen The End. Have you seen things that make all you done for not, thins that will destroy your memory by destroying all that you know, all you have meet, all places that you have been, something that you can't just post again and all is well.
I have and only by luck and with great hurt have gotten away from, barely in time. Believe me I can be scary. Horror movies got nothing on what I have seen and done.
(Four wall, What is that? The mayor of the socks of terry ices knows not what that is?)

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 11:42 PM
To save poor Amour the feeling of being disregarded in his own temple, Rabbit's image begins to fuzz, as if it were out of focus, and this increased, until... until...
Until a second form of her separated completely from Rabbit's blues eyes glinting with mischievous intentions. Giggling, it whispered words to the figure.
"I have seen there and back. And biscuits with bleeding oranges. And train wrecks that spread on for eternity. All this I have seen." And then it bent backwards, clearly in half, in ways being should not be able to, to grin at Topsy.
"Ahh, my friend, my friend. I've missed you." And, from there, it shot clean out of the temple, straight to the streets.

Rabbit blinked, falling to her knees.
"What is going on tonight? Am I...am I hallucinating in my exhaustion, or what?!"

D_Lord
2008-10-23, 11:44 PM
What ever. I'm going back to not being while for a while anyways, storys it's:smalltongue:FeedINg timE!
The shadow of a figure not fullly their disaprees.
But come and go as I like I can now.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 11:46 PM
Amour shakes his head. No hallucination.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-23, 11:51 PM
Painstakingly, Rabbit stood again, turning herself towards Amour, trudging slowly to him before falling at his feet, laying her head against his leg, though she was careful to make sure he could still play.
"For just this moment, let me pretend I believe in you. You can forget it when its over, please, but let me forget I don't believe."

Boo
2008-10-23, 11:52 PM
Raist, this is Topsy. Topsy, this is Raist.

"Hello darling little creatures."

:smalltongue: That's a compliment from him. Usually he just calls you "boring one".

Draken
2008-10-23, 11:52 PM
From the streets, a voice can be heard shouting.

"Prepare yourselves, the bells have tolled! Shelter your weak, your young and your old! Each of you shall pay the final sum! Cry for mercy; the reckoning has come!"

And with this, the sky grows dark with storm clouds.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-23, 11:54 PM
Though initially confused, Amour nods slowly. As you wish. He nods to Topsy. Hello. Give me a moment, I'd like to finish my song, if you will. He moves his guitar and begins to play and sing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNRJk83og0I)

Boo
2008-10-24, 12:00 AM
"Pay no nevermind to me. I am simply an image. The true me is far away with Miss Rabbits sister. Heeheehaha!"

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-24, 12:00 AM
With both the voices of Topsy and Draken, Rabbit's too confused to decide which to pay attention to.
So, instead, she clenches her eyes closed, breathing in deeply to the sound of Amour's music.
Especially as Topsy's voice sounded eerily familiar. Like the voice of a phantom from a nightmare...

Raistlin1040
2008-10-24, 12:03 AM
Amour continues to play, looking down at Rabbit with a pleasant look, enjoying playing for her. Topsy and Draken don't seem to bother him much.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-24, 12:07 AM
She didn't notice the look; she wasn't paying much attention to anything but the black of her eyelids and the fluid sound of his music.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-24, 12:12 AM
Amour puts down his guitar, and levitates a keyboard above his legs, so he could play, but it wouldn't bother Rabbit. He begins to play. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slX6ez5YZG4)

Boo
2008-10-24, 12:13 AM
I really hope I don't have to describe Topsy again...

He floats down from where he was. "I suppose there is no point in hiding anymore, is there? Hmhmhm..." He tilts his head upwards towards the sky, and pulls out his umbrella from a sleeve. "Dear me, it certainly is raining cats and dogs, isn't it?" At that a few cats and dogs hit the ground, unharmed, and run off. "Heeheeheeheehahaha!"

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-24, 12:16 AM
Rabbit had been leaning against the lower half of his leg,but, you know, whatever. She sat up and turned to look at Topsy, shuddering.
Nightmares upon nightmares..
And some slight thought of Christmas lights.

"Interesting. And what are you?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-24, 12:19 AM
Amour continues to play, but stops singing, looking at Topsy.

Boo
2008-10-24, 12:25 AM
"What am I? Isn't that a funny question. Heeheehahaheeheehmhm... I am nothing. I am an image. Such curiosities in such a small creature." He rotates his head to look at Ambrosius. That is all.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-24, 12:28 AM
Except Ambrosius is no longer present :smalltongue:

Rabbit had squirmed herself inbetween Amour's feet, no longer paying attention to whether this would upset his playing or not.
"An...image? Who can make trite old sayings literal?"

Boo
2008-10-24, 12:49 AM
I wonder if Rabbit knows he was referring to the fact that he is just an image of the real Topsy... :smalltongue:

"Who can indeed. I can do many things. Even the occasional dance. But creation is not my trade. No, no no. I deal in the lost. I deal in something worse than death, or limbo." He opens his hand and black fog fumes from his sleeve. After a second the fog goes away, and he holds a pocket watch. "This belonged to an old creature that lost its way. It hadn't a clue I was near." Topsy is then enveloped in the fog, and disappears. In his place is the watch with a small note folded on top of it. If anyone other than Rabbit tries to do anything to it they will feel immense pain, and be zapped away. That includes Amour.

The note's entitled "Curious One" in fine handwriting. If Rabbit looks inside the letter, she'll see the words "Open it!" written down.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-24, 02:01 AM
Hesitantly, she reached for it, reading over the letter with a dreadful curiosity. Hence, probably his address of her.

Rabbit shivered and shuddered, curling against Amour, though his deadtimed form held no comfort for her, no shelter for the insane laughter that filled her mind, as described via PM that noone else may read :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 04:38 AM
A childhood memory.

Morning combat practice was over. As usual, Rabbit had done poorly. As usual, Turtle was nowhere to be seen, because the morning session was for beginners. Turtle attended the afternoon session for advanced students.

Rabbit escaped the other pre-teens, ignoring their taunts at her shoddy performance, and made her way to the treehouse. Once inside, she very slowly shifted in form--height decreasing, muscles thickening, scars appearing on pristine skin--until it was recognizable as Turtle. The real Rabbit was already in the treehouse, reading a book.

"It's hard being you," Turtle said as she plopped down. "Not raging. That's hard. Pretending I don't know all the stances is even harder."

"You don't have to do it," Rabbit said defensively. "They can't force me to practice stuff I'm never going to use."

"No, but they might take your books away from you."

"I'd like to see them try."

"Well I wouldn't. I hate it when you and Uncle Raven fight."

"He's not my uncle," Rabbit said darkly.

Turtle rolled her eyes. "I hate it when my sister fights with my Uncle Raven because it makes you both look like poopyheads. And anyway, being you is good practice. If I ever get full control of my shapeshifting abilities, it will be great in combat. I might be able to make weapons."

She held out her hand in front of her and focused, trying to concentrate on making it into a blade. The hand fused somewhat, but the palm remained cupped, and the tips of the fingers remained separated.

Rabbit giggled. "That looks like a spork hand."

Turtle giggled too, and pounced on her sister. "Rawwr! Fear my war spork!"

((This scene doesn't have any plot significance or anything--it just popped into my head and wanted to be written. There's no particular reason either Rabbit or Turtle would be thinking of it at the moment. I know it doesn't really belong here, but I wasn't sure where to put it. Raist, if you want me to move it, just let me know.))

Raistlin1040
2008-10-24, 10:11 PM
(Nah, it's fine)

Amour shrugs off the flakes of deadtime and looks down at Rabbit. He pets her deadtimed head fondly before teleporting to the upstairs fountain.

Morrison comes downstairs and sits in the Library.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-25, 12:42 PM
Lex POPs into the Gallery. She calls out, not too loudly, Rabbit!! Are you there?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-25, 12:45 PM
Rabbit has found herself at the piano.
Oddly, it seems she can play music, secretly, since Amour, Morrison, and the clerics are all deadtimed.
Her long gloved fingers move (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5_ks-dhCtU) along the keys, erring just slightly, as its been years since she'd had the chance to play. Her singing voice is much less skilled, and, while not unpleasant, isn't particularly great.
Its just a voice.

As such, Rabbit hasn't heard anything from Lex.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-25, 12:50 PM
Lex recognizes Rabbit's voice, though she doesn't remember ever hearing her sing before. She flutters behind Rabbit, and just listens.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-25, 12:59 PM
Her hands shifted position, switching songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNbuccZfj-g).
"Hello, Lexington." She spoke without turning around, her face still scrunched in concentration as she recalled all of her old lessons, her eyes down at the ivory and ebony keys.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-25, 01:04 PM
Lexy frowns. She knows Rabbit is mad. That she may have lost a good friend, forever. I'm sorry, Mistress. I saw how hurt Mistress Turtle was, and I just lost my senses.

I wish I could understand you better. Know why you can love Turtle so much, but not respect her at the same time.

A loathsome creature came to GLoG claiming to be responsible for Fanboy's abduction. He even brought him back. So I am just here to apologize to you. I love you Rabbit. But if we can be friends no longer, I understand.

Lex then flutters away.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-25, 01:08 PM
Her hand jarred on a note, clanging unsymphonically before breaking into something else (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Y5xghH6R4) (only the part listed below, as the rest of it is rather...um...not board suitable).
"So I ran faster
But it caught me here
Yes my loyalties turned
Like my ankle
In the seventh grade
Running after Billy
Running after the rain

These precious things
Let them bleed
Let them wash away
These precious things
Let them break their hold over me.." She left the piano, cleaning any traces of herself from it, intent on keeping her playing a secret, before watching Lex buzz off.
"Indeed. You broke the most important promise you ever made to me. Of course you did. I knew it would come, but, you know, I had placed hope in you. Ah, well."

Lex-Kat
2008-10-25, 01:19 PM
Lex turns in mid-flight. Flies back to Rabbit. No. You don't get off, that easily. Don't pin the blame on me! You know I'd attack Turtle if she ever did to you, what you did to her.

Or, at least you should. You are just being selfish, and mean. I won't choose sides, but you have. You push me away, just like you have anyone else that doesn't fully "understand" you.

She glares at Rabbit, waiting for a response. Hoping Amour won't kick her out again.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-25, 01:47 PM
"I haven't pushed you away. I didn't push you away; you were fully capable of not attacking me. Turtle and I both have our jobs to do, and they both just happen to have opposite goals." Rolling her eyes, Rabbit turned back to the piano. At this point, she couldn't have cared less if Amour found out she'd been lying the entire time.
Slowly, she plucked out a tune. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3yU6ZJVYQU)
"The worst part about it was that I didn't even kill Fan this time, and you came roaring over here. I helped Magtok kill him, and you didn't do anything. But, oh, Gods I don't believe in forbid someone hurts Turtle. Gods forbid someone makes her upset. Noone seemed to ****ing care when you all left me, tried to push me into being something I'm not. I don't push people away, I let them do as they please. And you did what you pleased, and I reacted to that in the action that best suited me. I don't need a Pixie who'll sic flaming rat dogs on me because I did my job."

((Deadtime...I need ta head to work))

Lex-Kat
2008-10-25, 02:29 PM
Attacking Turtle and her husband is not your job, Rabbit. It's your choice, you are the one who has chosen to attack Fanboy. You are the one who has thrown our friendship aside, over your petty jealousy. You chose to hurt them, and you knew that it would hurt me.

And as for when you helped Magtok kill Fanboy, I wasn't there, body or mind. That was before you and Mistress helped save me.

I tried to stay neutral. I tried to remain your friend, but you are constantly attacking Fanboy, whether it's killing him outright, or... or helping him get kidnapped, you know that you are hurting Turtle, yet choose to do it anyway.

And when I left you the first time, before I'd even met Mistress, it was becasue you have a cold nature about you. Even when Mistress was evil, she still showed love to her henchpixie.

But around you, I felt like one of your zombies. Numb. Yet, I still tried to be your friend. I never tried to make you be something you're not. I accepted who you are. We didn't leave you, you left us.

With that Lex POPs away.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-25, 04:31 PM
(Umm, I believe Lex was banned from the temple. Unlike Rabbit's ban, Amour hasn't undone that one. No worries, just don't do it again unless Amour lifts the ban.)

Amour sits on the roof of the temple, swinging his legs, holding his guitar, and with a harmonica on a chain hanging around his neck. He begins to play the guitar and sing, using the harmonica for the necessary parts. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9ag8grPpk)

Lex-Kat
2008-10-25, 07:13 PM
Vespe, Lex, and the remaining chihuahuas are pushed out 100 yards from the door, unable to get closer unless that bear no ill will towards anyone on temple grounds.

(((:smalleek: I was under the assumption that once they were no longer acting in ill will towards anyone on temple grounds, they were free to re-enter.

She came with only peaceful intentions towards Rabbit. And hope in her heart. By the time she left, she still carried no ill will, only a sad and defeated heart.)))

Raistlin1040
2008-10-25, 10:12 PM
(Hmm, alright. I assumed she was mad at Rabbit, what with all the arguing, but whatever.)

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-25, 11:52 PM
Rabbit's mind spun with the words Lex had delivered, and she frowned as she switched tempos to match her mood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWYa8nTulRg), singing though her mind swam with words of its own.
"You say you wander your own land
But when I think about it
I don't see how you can."
As a child, Rabbit had been behind Turtle in everything. Age, strength, combat capability, planning. Rabbit had had to try twice as hard to reach half the evil capacity Turtle had.
She was too soft, two timid. Enjoyed being alone and letting things alone.
"You're aching, you're breaking
And I can see the pain in your eyes
Since everybody's changing
And I don't know why." So, young Rabbit had been told to change her ways. And she had struggled, struggled, struggled.. and then she found her ability to raise the dead from their cold stupor, and had discovered...other things.
She emulated her dead, she had learned from them. And it had done her well; where her sister had been weak, Rabbit had excelled. She was ruthless.
"So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same.

You're gone from here
Soon you will disappear
Fading into beautiful light
'cause everybody's changing
And I don't feel right. "

Raistlin1040
2008-10-25, 11:55 PM
Amour hears the piano melody, and lightly jumps off the high roof, landing gracefully on the ground and walking inside. He stays by the entrance, watching Rabbit play.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-26, 12:02 AM
Catching a subtle change in the air, Rabbit smirked, shifting her hands to play something much different. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvLpAb4-gOk)

Raistlin1040
2008-10-26, 12:04 AM
Amour laughs and appears on the top of the piano, light as a feather. He looks down at Rabbit. So you can play. Does this mean I win the bet?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-26, 12:14 AM
The sudden appearance of the man shocked her, and she fell back from the piano-pew.
"Jeez, Amour. Jeez. Would you men stop doing that?" As she stood, holding a hand to a scrape on her arm, she frowned.
"Well, since you didn't actually teach me, I don't think it really counts."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-26, 12:18 AM
Amour shrugs. Fine then, I'll teach you a different instrument. I'll still win the bet. He grins. He snaps his fingers and a door appears in from of Rabbit. Pick your weapon. The door opens, revealing a room with multiple kinds of every instrument even invented inside.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-26, 12:20 AM
Rabbit walked through, folding her arms across her chest before pointing to a bass guitar.
"Why not be badass?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-26, 12:21 AM
Amour grabs the bass by the neck and hands it to Rabbit. Why not indeed?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-26, 12:22 AM
Carefully, she held her hand out for the 'weapon of badassery', taking it into her arms with an expression that was almost quizzical.
And mostly just 'crap, I'm screwed'.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-26, 12:24 AM
Amour grabs another bass. So, I can assume you know how to read music, and understand different keys, and all that, yeah?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-26, 12:27 AM
"Mmhm. This should be a cakewalk for you, unless I'm just unbelievably awful." She paused, running a finger along the neck.
"Forget the bet. You win. I..." Her words choked in her throat, and her hazel eyes fell down to the instrument in her hand.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-26, 12:33 AM
Amour raises an eyebrow. You're just giving up? He begins to play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGkuLAqrAl4) quietly, absently.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-26, 12:35 AM
"Heh." Rabbit glanced up to him, a wry smile on her face.
"Please, do teach me. S'not very often someone can claim to be taught by a god, hmm?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-26, 12:45 AM
No, I suppose not. He smiles. He stops his playing, and begins explaining basic finger positions, and the proper way to pluck the strings. He then talks about listening to a note, and knowing where on the fretboard it is. Alright, I'm going to play something, and I want you to try and replicate it when I'm done. He plays a few scattered notes, finding his groove, before launching into the first minute or so of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfcBXx2J_Vw&feature=related). When he's done, he looks at Rabbit. Don't worry about speed, just try and hit the notes. He chuckles, not sure what to expect.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-26, 12:49 AM
Biting her lip, Rabbit had to try several times before getting through the first handful of notes without err.
And then she'd get further, mess up on something, try again from the start, and her fingers would slip too far down or some such around the start.
A little frustrated, Rabbit sighed and pushed her hair from her face.
"Well, I guess I gave up on that bet too quickly." Her crimson lips curved in a devilish smile.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-26, 12:51 AM
He laughs, nodding. Probably. Still, you'll get there. You're not nearly as bad as some people I've taught. No, i get the feeling you'll be quite good, with some practice.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-26, 12:54 AM
For just a split moment, Rabbit beamed up appreciatively at Amour, her carefully built facade cracking at the seams.
It was quickly rebuilt as she frowned and went back to plucking at the bass strings, slowly building herself up, much more patient with herself now.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-26, 12:55 AM
Ah, but Amour caught that split second, and smiles to himself, listening to her try to play.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-26, 12:57 AM
And suddenly something occurred to her, and Rabbit cursed,placing the bass down.
"I've gotta run. Thank you, Amour." She stood up and waved before quite literally tripping over her feet, picking herself back up, and running out, in the direction of the Glass Citadel.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-26, 12:59 AM
You're welcome Lapine. Amour remarks, mildly amused, even though she's already left the gallery.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 02:27 PM
Comfortably, Rabbit entered the temple, working her way to the piano, where she sat a few long minutes, her eyes flickering over the keys with a dark expression.
She preferred to muse over situations like what had happened the night before when she was alone, able to slip into a comfort. Oddly, her home in the cold Citadel full of death had seemed less than welcoming, and she had trudged over to the temple, though she knew she'd eventually have to go home, attend to her corpses.
Removing her silken gloves with a practiced hand, she laid them aside her on the bench, breathing in deeply, though it wasn't really a necessity. Long fingers caressed ivory keys before pressing down on a few notes randomly.
Eventually, it broke out into something resembling a song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHW3BTF5pWY) And though, before the other day, it had been years since Rabbit had practiced, the art came back to her smoothly.
Leave me out with the waste
This is not what I do
It's the wrong kind of place
To be thinking of you
It's the wrong time
For somebody new
It's a small crime
And I've got no excuse
In such a short period of time, her life had been tossed on its head. Was she upset?
Her head tilted to the side, her white teeth biting down on carmine lips.
No.
That would be a weakness, a distraction. So Turtle and Lex had left her. So Turtle was ashamed of her.
Turtle had been the foolish one, to fall in love, to become so completely vulnerable on one side, unguarded.
In the end, the necromancer would end up on top.
Is that alright?
Give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright?
If you don't shoot it how am I supposed to hold it
Is that alright?
Give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright
With you?

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 07:01 PM
Amour is hanging by his legs off the 2nd story ledge, singing and playing guitar. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQWszrZHBPI)

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 07:08 PM
Rabbit hesitated for a moment in her playing, catching Amour's voice as it drifted down to her. Standing from the piano, she stuck her head out a window or some such, looking up to the god with a small smile.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 07:35 PM
Amour smiles back from his upside down position. He sits up onto the ledge, and puts down his guitar.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 08:36 PM
Rabbit ran to look up at Amour with an easier angle.
"Would you mind me joining you? I've something to speak to you about, if you don't mind."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 09:26 PM
Amour conjures a chair for Rabbit, though he sits on the ground. No, I don't mind. Have a seat.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 09:48 PM
Rabbit sat across from Amour, chewing her lips not out of anxiety, but habit.
"Well, er, the other day? With the bet? You said you didn't want me worshiping you, right? Well, why is that? I mean, you're obviously not objecting to the idea of worshipers, as you already have some, and, really, why start a temple if you don't intend to spread the faith?" Her next flurry if question had an accusing edge, though there was no venom to be found in her voice.
"Is it because of what I am? Is it because of the evil modifier to my alignment? Are you afraid I'll tarnish your name, or something?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 10:13 PM
Amour put a hand to his chin in thought. Hmm. Interesting question. He thinks a bit more. I...don't need worshippers to survive. They don't grant me more power, and I'm not so vain as to need constant reassurance of my deeds. Really, I service my followers more than they service me. I grant them spells, and all they have to do is commit some time to preserving beauty. He raises an eyebrow at her next query. Evil modifier? His eyes glow as he scans her alignment. Hmm. To be honest, I hadn't even noticed that. No though, it's not because I fear you will hurt my reputation. I just don't want you to worship me. I like my worshippers, I really do, but there's always a certain level of a king and his subjects. Even Morrison, one of my dearest friends doesn't always tell me exactly what he thinks, because he's afraid he might lose standing, or favor. You tell me exactly what you're thinking, and we are friends, and I'd prefer to be a friend rather than a divine ruler, to tell you the truth.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 10:18 PM
Rabbit fell from the chair to her knees, preferring to sit on level with Amour. It just felt wrong to be looking down at him.
"Mm, was just a question. Since, you know, you've shattered my disbelief in gods, I have to reevaluate everything I believe in." Another question popped into her mind, and she watched the god before her as she asked.
"You're a god. You've seen countless live; does mine seem anymore empty to you than others?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 10:21 PM
I don't think empty is the word I'd choose. More like...open. You're young. You have a lot of things you could do with your life and any one of them could be the thing that gives you purpose and happiness. It's just a matter of finding out what that is. He answers.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 10:24 PM
Rabbit seemed pleased with that answer and sat back against the chair, curling her knees up close to her chest.
"You said the other day you're something like two hundred years old? How does that work? Gods are born, or what?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 10:27 PM
More than that. Probably closer to three hundred, or four hundred. I lose count. But yes, for the most part, gods less than hundreds of thousands of years old are born, the children of other gods. Rarely, they are ascended mortals, either becoming powerful enough that they become demigods, or given divine ranks to by an established god. Amour replies, a bemused smile on his face at Rabbit's questioning.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 10:29 PM
"Mmmm." Rabbit frowned, obviously taking this all rather hard. Her eyebrows knit together in thought.
"Great. Now that I believe you're a god, I have to believe in other gods as well, don't I? Jeez, this messed up my entire life."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 10:31 PM
Amour shrugs. You have to believe they exist. You don't have to believe that what they do is right.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 10:33 PM
Lifting a gloved hand to massage the bridge of her nose, she sighed.
"No, you don't unders-Wait. Actually, you're right. It doesn't really change much."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 10:35 PM
You see, you can still burn temples to your heart's content, provided that what they do is oppressive or intolerant, which many temples happen to be. Amour smiles.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 10:38 PM
"Pffft, I don't even need that. You got a pass, Amour, because this can hardly be called a temple, and your following can hardly be called a worship." There was a pause, before Rabbit grinned maliciously and added.
"And you're beautiful. Actually, that might be evidence to burn this whole place down. You've had to bath in the blood of innocents to be that sinfully attractive, god or not."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 10:40 PM
Sinfully attractive. That's a new one. He chuckles.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 10:44 PM
"I just call 'em like I see 'em." She grinned from behind her knees, though her eyes flickered away from him to gaze over the temple surrounding them.
"Was this temple your idea, or Morrison's, or the acolytes, or what?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 10:45 PM
Morrison's. Well, his idea to make a temple anyway. Mine to decorate it with art. Of course, it's not my first temple. The acolytes or priests always want a temple, so I always create one. This is my fourth.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 10:49 PM
"Fourth?!" Rabbit's hazel eyes shot from the walls to look at Amour with an almost loath expression.
"What happened to the other three?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 10:54 PM
He looks at the ground, a flicker of sadness plain on his face. Destroyed. I was younger, less powerful, and some of the other gods weren't...pleased with the lack of dogma. They thought I was lazy, and stupid. And so they destroyed the temple. He sighs. I saved my followers of course, I wasn't that weak, but in their lifetime, I would build two more temples, both to meet the same fate. This is my first in over 100 years.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 10:57 PM
Typically, Rabbit would have ignored the obvious vulnerability Amour had just shown. That, or lock it away for further prodding and emotional manipulation
Had it been anyone but Amour.
She inched closer, surprised, almost terrified, to see him as he was in that moment. Never before had he shown much more than contentment and mild irritation.
"The other...gods...did what to you?!" Rabbit was surprised to hear the boiling fury in her ow voice, though it was low, much lower than her usual tone.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 11:01 PM
Amour looks up at her. Destroyed my temples. Set them on fire and and caused earthquakes, destroying the land.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 11:05 PM
Her silken gloves clenches. Unclenched. Clenched again.
Her smooth, nearly perfect jaw seemed about to break with the pressure she was exerting on them.
And from her green-brown eyes, carmine blood seeped, rolling down her cheeks as if they were tears.
"I hope I've burned their temples, that I've ended their faiths. If not, I promise you, I'll do it." Her words were spat from between her teeth, like the slimiest of worms from a bite in an apple.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 11:08 PM
Amour can't help but smile slightly, grimly, at her words. Go for it. He raises a hand and wipes the blood from her face. Assuming she lets him of course.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 11:11 PM
Rabbit jumped from the touch at first, her eyes wide and startled, but eventually leaned closer for Amour's aid.
She should be rather cold to the touch.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 11:13 PM
He's rather warm. Obviously, as he isn't perfect enough. He wipes the rest of the blood off, rubbing it into his pants.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 11:14 PM
And, though the mood had been tense, Rabbit couldn't help but chuckle at the motion.
It was so..so..so human.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 11:16 PM
Amour smiles at Rabbit. You find something funny?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 11:17 PM
"Your pants. You've ruined them." As if her words weren't clear enough, she pointed to them, giggling even so.
"A god of the Arts with blood stained pants. How...odd."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 11:19 PM
He chuckles too. I'll suppose I'll just have to go create a new pair then. It's not hard.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 11:21 PM
Rolling her eyes, she sighed.
"You and your powers. You're so spoiled." Of course, her face twitched for a moment before she broke out into a grin again.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 11:22 PM
Amour rolled his eyes good-naturedly, grinning as well. It's true, I am.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 11:24 PM
Rabbit suddenly froze, still as her namesake.
"I should probably go..."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 11:25 PM
Oh? Someplace to be? Off with you then, I'd hate to have you miss an appointment on my behalf. He nods to her.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 11:26 PM
And with that, Rabbit tucked her hat more firmly on her head and scuttled off.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 11:29 PM
Amour chuckles to himself. Very interesting, that girl.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-29, 10:53 PM
(Double post ftw!)

Amour sits at a piano, playing a light melody.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-29, 11:00 PM
Because Rabbit's player hates continuity, Rabbit is also right in the doorway, watching Amour with curious eyes, though she makes no sound.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-29, 11:09 PM
Because Raist is having Ocarina of Time flashbacks, Amour begins to play this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=767Ai6MX2wQ)

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-29, 11:16 PM
The hatter bit back a laugh, her teeth digging into her lips, which were, oddly enough, not painted crimson for the first time she'd shown up to the Temple some weeks back.
Still, she remained silent, watching him with something just short of admiration. Perhaps the respectful look of a fellow pianist...
Rabbit lifted a hand to untie her bowtie, suddenly very stifling.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-29, 11:21 PM
Over his playing, Amour speaks to her. If you're going to listen, come have a seat somewhere.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-29, 11:23 PM
Still mute, she stepped slowly over towards the piano, dropping to her knees to the side of it, like a small child, her hazel eyes trained on him,

Raistlin1040
2008-10-29, 11:25 PM
Any requests? He asked, finishing his tune.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-29, 11:28 PM
Her eyes shifting as if she were going to ask for something shameful, Rabbit leaned forward.
"I, er, you wouldn't mind playing Fur Elise, would you?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-29, 11:33 PM
Amour shakes his head. Not at all. He stretches his fingers a moment, and then sits up, in proper pianist posture, as his fingers begin to dance across the keys. (http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=UzB9TYMWpcM)

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-29, 11:37 PM
Placing her chin contentedly on the edge of the piano bench, she watched his fingers, sighing out in comfort.
"I used to play this for my sister, years ago. When her Uncle Raven was out of the house. He didn't like most of my pursuits."
He didn't very much like me, either...

Raistlin1040
2008-10-29, 11:38 PM
That's too bad. It's quite a beautiful song. Amour says, continuing his playing.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-29, 11:41 PM
Rabbit only nodded, sighing, as she closed her eyes, letting the notes pass by her eyelids.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-29, 11:43 PM
Amour finishes the song, adding his own little flourish at the ending.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-29, 11:45 PM
Though her eyes remained closed, her lips curled into a smile.
"Ah, and so the god continues on his his perfect existence, the massive beast that is music purring at his hands."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-29, 11:48 PM
Imagine if we lived in a world without music. Such a terrible place. He says, looking off into the distance.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-29, 11:51 PM
The comment disturbed her slightly, and her eyes opened, rolling up to watch him from her seat on the floor, her brown hair falling oddly into her line of vision.
"Why d'ya say that?"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-29, 11:54 PM
Just a thought that came to me I suppose. He shrugs. Were the world devoid of music, I think it would be a much more depressing place. I'm thankful that music exists, and that I preside over it. He shrugs again, biting his lip as he looks at the piano. How about you play?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-29, 11:57 PM
"I...don't know. Its kinda a pain to follow you, you know? Stupid god." Even so, she stood and sat next to him, looking over the ivory and ebony keys as if she had never seen such things before.
"Its silly. You've seen me play before, but all of a sudden I feel very uncomfortable..."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-30, 12:00 AM
Amour can't help but chuckle. Go ahead. You said it yourself once, true art is flawed.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-30, 12:04 AM
"Ouch." She grinned, pulling her white silk gloves from her hands with her teeth and tossing them haphazardly off to the side.
"Using my own words against me, hmm?" She ran her hands down the keys, reacquainting herself with the instrument before playing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFLF-gh4C2M)

Raistlin1040
2008-10-30, 12:06 AM
Amour plops himself in a chair and listens intently.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-30, 12:16 AM
Smiling briefly at Amour, her hands shifted temp (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhb9yK2KXN0), and she lost herself once more in the comfort of playing, though she didn't dare let herself sing this time.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-30, 12:21 AM
Amour begins to hum along to the melody.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-30, 12:27 AM
And then Rabbit stopped, mid note, plopping her head against the keys with a loud thwang.
"I can't believe I'm doing this.."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-30, 12:29 AM
Mimicking her thump, Amour's humming ends on a distorted note. Can't believe you're doing what? He asks from his position in the chair.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-30, 12:32 AM
Keeping her head against the cool keys of the piano, Rabbit took several deep breaths before turning around to face Amour, her face slightly cold.
"Why do you put up with me? You know the trouble that follows me won't stop, don't you? You know I'm-I'm-I'm partially undead, growing more so everyday, right? That if I continue to burn those temples, end those religions, all under your thumbs up, I'm practically the things I hate."

Raistlin1040
2008-10-30, 12:36 AM
I put up with you because you're interesting, make for good conversation, and happen to be smart. I don't care if you burn another temple for as long as you live, but if you want to, I'm fine with that. Amour shrugs. And no, I didn't know you're partially undead. But even if you are, I don't mind. It's not my buisiness to judge based on things like that. I'm not human either. He adds as an afterthought.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-30, 12:39 AM
"Ugh." Rabbit pushed her hands through her hair forcefully, grunting.
"Is there anything that effects you, ever? You react to everything but the damage of your art in the same cool manner. Its unnerving."
She knew what she was doing, though she couldn't seem to stop herself. Perhaps Lex had said something correct...
But to not know Amour's emotional weakness left Rabbit feeling insecure, unsure, vulnerable. And she hated being vulnerable more than anything.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-30, 12:42 AM
There are a lot of things that affect me Lapine. You just haven't touched upon them yet, and if I have my way, you never will. He says, somewhat coldly.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-30, 12:50 AM
"For the love of You, I wish I could just go back to first day I got here, and burn this place down." She hadn't noticed she'd replaced 'god' in the saying with Amour, the only being she could believe in the divinity of, and she was much too wound up to care, otherwise.
"I wouldn't have to deal with you turning my beliefs upside down,or the guilt that happens when my sister and her people come 'round and nearly destroy everything. I wouldn't have to wonder what the hell it is you're thinking, and I might actually manage to get something done in regards to my sister's husband and whatnot." Her hand had fallen from her hair to cover her face, muffling her voice slightly. Since it was usually encased in a glove, the skin was just the slightest color of pale.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-30, 12:52 AM
Amour raises an eyebrow. He waves his hands and a portal appears behind him. One destination, round trip. Anywhere in time. Ever. Go. He steps back, motioning for her to go through.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-30, 12:56 AM
"Yeah, and what would I do? Warn the me from the past to run away from you as fast as I possibly can? What would that accomplish? I would just try harder. Gah." She slumped from the bench to the floor

Raistlin1040
2008-10-30, 12:58 AM
Amour looks over at her. You know, you could always use it to explore the past. He frowns slightly. I suppose if you REALLY want to know, I could give you a time that would give you the necessary ammo to destroy my self-worth. He adds, sarcastically, though if she actually asked, he probably would do it.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-30, 12:59 AM
"Oh, forget it." Her hand fell from her face and she stood, walking out of the temple without another word, her gloves and bow tie discarded.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-30, 11:03 PM
Amour levitates the discarded articles of clothing onto the piano top as he sits, playing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueUOTImKp0k)

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-02, 02:14 PM
Slowly, Rabbit made her way up into the temple, looking around cautiously, her hands clenching and unclenching as she looked about for where she had left her tie and gloves.