PDA

View Full Version : The Gallery of Lights (The Temple of Amour)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Lex-Kat
2008-11-09, 06:57 PM
Oh, my.... I'm so sorry. I... She takes the offered hand, without thinking. She just stares at him.

This is... all yours? She stammers.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-09, 06:59 PM
No, don't apologize. You haven't done anything wrong. Amour shakes her hand. Yes, it's mine.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-09, 07:08 PM
Wow. You're not like any of the human gods I've heard of. They are usually vindictive and cold hearted. She smiles again.

She looks around once again. Did you do all these yourself? Or do you allow your followers to add their stuff to show their, um.... devotion to you?

Raistlin1040
2008-11-09, 07:10 PM
I did...almost all of them. Those that aren't mine were either aquired, or made by the followers. Not out of devotion to me, more of a devotion to art in general. This isn't just a temple, it's not for me, it's a museum, it's for everyone. He smiles.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-09, 07:28 PM
Melody looks confused. You do have worshipers, don't you? Then she sees the crystal painting on the piano.

Rabbit!! She runs over and looks at it. Did you do this? It's awesome!!! She reaches out for it, but decides it's best not to touch.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-09, 07:31 PM
Amour nods. Yes, I was feeling adventurous, and decided to paint snow and crystalize it. He thinks. I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-09, 07:38 PM
Oh wow!!! She frowns. I can't believe I forgot to introduce myself. How rude of me. My name is Melody. She curtsies.

That sounds like a great way to do art. It is so beautiful. It must have been fun to make. Can I watch some time?

Raistlin1040
2008-11-09, 07:40 PM
You can watch right now if you'd like. I've got nothing better to do. Amour summons a bucket of vials that contain liquid dyes. He opens the door for Melody. Let's go.

(Short food deadtime)

Lex-Kat
2008-11-09, 07:45 PM
Melody nods, and steps outside.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-09, 07:52 PM
(And it's cooking...)

Amour sits in the snow, and, like before, makes a square with his fingers. He works quickly, tracing in the snow, making different layers and such. After about twenty minutes, he begins to pour dyes in, and they cover it perfectly. Amour waves his hand, and it crystalized, forming a perfect portrait of Melody. Voila. He says, picking it up.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-09, 08:37 PM
She jumps up and down, clapping. Too cool. She giggles at her own joke. You have got to be the most awesome God, ever.

She looks at the creation a little more seriously. I wish I could make beautiful art, like you. Did it take you a long time to learn, or was it an innate skill?

Raistlin1040
2008-11-09, 08:39 PM
I had natural skill, but it also took many years of practice. He bites his lip in thought. I could help you, if you'd like.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-09, 08:49 PM
Like? I would love it! How many girls get to be taught to paint, by a God? She says excitedly.

Then a beeping sound comes from her waist. She looks down at a pocket watch. Oh. I have to go. Can I come back tomorrow? She looks at Amour, her violet eyes hopeful.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-09, 08:51 PM
Of course Miss Melody. You are welcome here whenever you like. Amour nods, beaming.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-09, 08:55 PM
Oh, thank you! Thank you! I can't wait to tell Momma. She will be so happy.

Melody runs out of the temple. Bye!! She says loudly, waving back.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-09, 08:56 PM
Amour waves back to her. Goodbye. He returns inside, smiling.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-10, 07:02 PM
Rabbit knocked on the doorframe as she entered, looking for the deity that resided there.
"...Amour?" She called softly, timidly, but then much more strong.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-10, 07:26 PM
Amour opens the door. In addition to his tragic drama mask, music notes, and broken heart, Rabbit may notice he has a fourth tatoo, a white rose on his chest. Yes?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-10, 07:49 PM
"Oh." Rabbit blinked up at Amour, more than likely quite shorter.
"New tattoo?"

Raistlin1040
2008-11-10, 07:52 PM
Amour nods. Mmhmm. He steps back, and sits on the piano bench. So what brings you to the gallery today, Lapine?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-10, 07:54 PM
Rabbit followed after, looking about the Gallery to check for anything new.
"Something just happened to bring you into my thoughts, is all. Its been a few days since I'd visited." Her eyes fell to him again.
"Do I visit too much?"

Raistlin1040
2008-11-10, 07:58 PM
She may notice a crystal painting of Melody on the piano top, next to te one of her. No. In fact, you're the only person who visits usually. Vespe dropped by the other day, and some girl named Melody was looking for you yesterday though.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-10, 07:59 PM
"I see." Rabbit lifted a finger, smiling idly, to point at the painting of Melody.
"She's a sweet kid. Shouldn't be getting mixed in with me, though. What'd Vespe have to say?"

Raistlin1040
2008-11-10, 08:01 PM
Amour shrugged. Wants me to help you guys deal with some goddess, distract her. Apparently, my options are kill her or seduce her.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-10, 08:04 PM
Rabbit's lazy stance suddenly snapped to attention, her mouth gaping open, her eyes fully open.
"And you...what option is it you intend to take?" Her voice was shaky, goosebumps developing across her skin, her stomach twisting and turning with ill feelings.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-10, 08:08 PM
Well I don't want to kill her. After all, they are the good guys, and whatever issues you have with her followers, I'm rather against deicide. Amour remarks. Of course, I'd rather not seduce her either. Godesses... He frowns. Not my type.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-10, 08:10 PM
"Then don't help us. Don't do it." Her voice had dropped to a low murmur, her eyes still focused on the painting of Melody, away from him.
"Please don't..."

Raistlin1040
2008-11-10, 08:13 PM
Amour raises an eyebrow. Why not? It's not too much trouble, all it'll leave is a distasteful memory. He shrugs. Though, if you'd rather do it alone, I suppose that's fine as well. After all, I only intended to do it for your benefit. He rolls his eyes. Certainly not for Vespe's.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-10, 08:31 PM
"I just...I don't..." Her face was entirely red, and as she realized this, she covered it with her hands.
"I just don't like thinking of you like that."

Raistlin1040
2008-11-10, 08:32 PM
Amour shrugged. As you wish. I don't think Vespe will be too happy though. He pretends not to notice the redfacedness.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-10, 08:40 PM
"So, he will. We can function perfectly well without a God's help. Hells, if we can do it with that goddess interfering, all the better for us." Rabbit's hand slowly slipped from her face, and she glanced at him.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-10, 08:43 PM
I don't doubt it. He shrugs. Seems like he's doing that a lot these days. If you change your mind, you know where to find me.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-10, 08:46 PM
She nodded, though she knew she didn't want Amour involved. Not at all. Not in the least.
Something had been planted in her mind, and her thoughts tossed over it, like water over a stone in a stream.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-10, 10:22 PM
Amour grabs his guitar and begins to play Under the Bridge again.

No link because I don't want to go find it.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-10, 11:48 PM
And Rabbit sat almost contently by his feet, listening. There was still that feeling of unease, though she couldn't put her finger on what caused it, exactly.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-10, 11:56 PM
Amour switches songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWXt5SlnK2Y&feature=related), singing. Still singing and playing, he stands up and goes to sit on the stairs, presumably because the piano bench is uncomfortable.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-11, 12:02 AM
Rabbit stayed where she was, not fond of the idea of appearing as a puppy, though her eyes followed him.
And then it clicked, and she grinned wide. Of course. It made perfect sense; she had been bothered by the concept of him seducing a woman because it was a woman. And, more seriously, because Rabbit had placed some sort of faith in him after he had stated a disinterest in romance or romantic activities, something she could relate to. Having heard that, even if only for manipulations purpose, he had been contemplating being intimate with someone...
It terrified her that she might nearly had lost the only other person who wasn't chasing after what she saw as illusions.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 12:13 AM
Amour changes songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVhqyyyNRkg) once more, apparently in a rockier mood.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 12:46 AM
Melody walks in. Is now a good time for my lesson?

She sees Rabbit watching Amour play. Oh. Maybe not. She turns to leave.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 12:48 AM
Amour finishes. No, no, do come in. Now's fine. He sets his guitar down and stands.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-11, 12:51 AM
"You're not interrupting anything." Rabbit gave the small smurf girl a smile.
((Continuity? Pah, pah, I say!))

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 12:56 AM
Hi, Rabbit. Did you see the ice painting Amour did of me. Your's was so pretty. I just wanted to see him do it. Isn't he just great. I mean, of course he's great. He's a God, you know. Of course you know. He painted you, too. So you must have been here before and know him really well. Sheesh, and you said you didn't have any interesting friends. Oh. I'm feeling dizzy. She takes a stuttering step back.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 12:58 AM
Amour grins and turns away, grabbing a pair of blank canvases and some paints, as well as a pair of brushes. He begins to set everything up.

Gee, it's sure nice to be appreciated.

That's what he's thinking. I can almost guarantee it.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-11, 01:00 AM
"Meh. Amour is Amour. He's a god. Of course he's amazing; he almost cheats." Rabbit responded from her seat on the floor, slightly in awe of Amour's sudden happy attitude.
Now, that was something new.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 01:11 AM
Melody takes a few breaths. And calms down. I don't know what came over me. I wasn't like this yesterday. Was I? She asks, wonderingly.

I'm just so excited to be learning something new and fun. She grins at Rabbit. Are you here learning to paint, too?

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 01:14 AM
Amour smiles. The canvas is set up, Melody. Before we begin, I'd like you to paint something, anything, just so I can guage your skill and tendencies. He nods to a canvas, equipped with a brush and some paints.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-11, 01:15 AM
"Mmm, no. I'm just here to be a nuisance. Amour here puts up with me almost daily." Rabbit sat back, yawning, watching the two with sleepy hazel eyes.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 01:23 AM
She paints a pseudodragon. It's just slightly better than what a 10 year old with a good imagination would paint.

The pseudodragon is smiling, and it is sparkly. She keeps within the lines. It's just that the lines are nearly straight. And her curves tend to be kinda angular. She also tries to make it very detailed.

She steps back and frowns. Not too good, huh?

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 01:31 AM
No, it's a very good try. He puts a hand to his chin. Yes, you definately have the potential to be very good. Amour smiles. He points at the angular 'curves'. See these? They look more like angles than curves. Curves are tough to draw, I know, but they add a lot of realism to art. Still, as I said, it's very good. Also, details aren't necessarily best for art. It's much better to make perfect simplicity than to overcomplicate with details.

He raises a hand to her painting, and it fades, just leaving an outline of the original piece. The outline appears on the other canvas, and melody's painting returns to hers. Now, don't feel like you have to copy this, but here's how I would have done it. He paints over the outline on his canvas. Not suprisingly, his painting is much better. However, it's also simpler. Really, he doesn't change much, aside from fixing the curves and a few of the lines, and removing details. Yet, it looks near perfect. Amour nods. See what I mean?

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 01:38 AM
Oh, yes. I think I see what you are saying. I was trying too hard, to be good, wasn't I?

(((I have to go. Can we just say the lesson continues? She learns some techniques, then goes home. Thanks. See you tommorow, maybe. :smallsmile:)))

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-11, 01:38 AM
Rabbit sat, quietly watching from her place on the floor, an amused smile still present there, even as Melody went home.
"Look at you, Mister God. Helping children in your freetime, and all."

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 01:41 AM
Yes, basically.

(Yeah sure.)

Amour turns to Rabbit. He rolls his eyes and lies down on the bed, which still hasn't been moved back upstairs. He looks up at the ceiling.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-11, 01:44 AM
Rabbit stood, stepping over lightly to rest besides the bed, watching Amour with an odd look.
"It was odd to see you so happy, you know. Aside from when we played in the snow, I'd never seen anything like it from you."

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 01:49 AM
Amour shrugs, not saying anything.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-11, 01:50 AM
Slightly concerned by his silence, Rabbit tilted her head to the side, watching him, though she said nothing.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 01:56 AM
Amour sat up. There are rare times on this plane where I feel very...at peace with the world. Very serene. I enjoy those moments, and the people who bring them. He says, before laying down again.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-11, 01:59 AM
Ah. So, that was it. Slowly, she stood up, working her way to the exit silently.
There was much to think about.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 02:00 AM
Farewell, Lapine. Until tomorrow, or whenever you return. Amour says, falling asleep on the bed. Sleepy God is sleepy.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 08:42 PM
Melody wanders in. She smiles brightly at Amour. Hi! I'm ready for my next lesson.

((Sorry for the abrupt fleeing, yesterday. I had to get off the computer. :smallfrown:))

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 08:52 PM
Amour gets out of the bed. Give me just a moment. He begins setting up again.

(Short dinner deadtime)

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 09:30 PM
Melody waits and looks at all the other artwork, nearby. So, if Rabbit isn't here to learn, is she your lover?

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 09:35 PM
Amour raises an eyebrow. Certainly not. Lapine, for some odd reason, thinks I'm gay. Not to mention that we've both expressed a disintrest in actively pursuing any sort of romantic relationships. What would make you jump to that conclusion anyway? He finishes setting up the canvas and paints.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 09:47 PM
Well, she very pretty. She sits around staring dreamily at you. So, I just thought maybe she was here for reasons other than painting. She looks kinda embarrassed now. Kicking at the floor, softly. Sorry.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 09:51 PM
Amour smiles. No, I suppose it's not as far-fetched a thought as Lapine and I think it is, for people who don't sit in on our daily conversations. He holds out a bursh, still smiling. Come on, let's get to painting. Try and apply some of the things I taught you yesterday.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 10:18 PM
Melody takes the brush with a smile and a bow. She starts to paint a picture The front of the Glass Citadel. She tries to incorporate techniques she's learned.

She doesn't put a lot of detail into it. The painting loks fairly good when she's though. She doesn't seem to have the hang of lighting and shadows. They are present, but not quite accurate. Her angles and curves she has gotten to be quite good at.

It's Rabbit's home. It's kinda gloomy, but still beautiful.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 10:27 PM
Amour smiles. That's very good, you're a quick learner. He steps up to the painting. Just a few things. Lighting. Even though paintings are only in two dimensions, you need to think about them in three dimensions. If a fire is right at the front of a painting, for example, the shadow of something behind it wouldn't be to the right or left so much as streching back. Also, as a challenge, try making shadows look like disproportioned versions of what they are shadows of, rather than just black ovals. He does the outline thing again with his own canvas and repaints it, with correct lighting and shadows.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 10:53 PM
Okay. She tries to emulate what Amour did. She will go from a different angle, and add some of the tombstones she saw, and a crack of lightning.

It is a great improvement over the original. The shdows and lighting are real good, not great but good.

She steps aside. Looking at Amour with great respect, and a happy tug of a smile.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 10:56 PM
Amour smiles back, very proud of her. That's great. You're a really good student.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 11:06 PM
She smiles brightly, her cheeks flush a darker blue. Thank you, sir. But I think it is the teacher that deserves all the credit. It helps greatly to have a master show you the techniques.

I tried to practice at home, but the brushes I sporked up were no where near as good as these.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 11:10 PM
Amour smiles at her. You don't have to call me sir, you know. He says, running a hand through his hair. If you'd like, you could take some of my brushes home. It's no trouble.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 11:20 PM
Really!! Oh that would be great, sir. I mean, master? No. That doesn't quite work either. How about... Maestro?

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 11:21 PM
Amour chuckles and shrugs.. You can just call me Amour. He chuckles again. And yeah, take whatever you want home, I don't mind.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 11:31 PM
Thank you again, Amour. May I paint another? Well, actually, repaint my first and one other. I want to give them to my favorite Drones.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 11:32 PM
Amour nods. Of course you may. He summons a few more canvases and gives all but one to Melody. He takes a brush and some paints and begins to paint something himself.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 11:45 PM
Melody repaints the pseudodragon, Sparkles the III, she'd painted the day before. It was a vast improvement over the original. She put herself into making as good as she could, at the moment.

Then she drew the other drone, Mr. Huggles. She repainted all the child-like scribbles she'd colored on him, when she'd been reduced to a child-like mind. A tear dropped with the memory, distant, yet still so close.

After she finishes with them, she steps back to allow Amour a chance to see them.

They are my guardians. Momma made them for me.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-11, 11:50 PM
Your guardians, I see. He says, nodding. Very nice work. Amour returns to his painting, a field of roses, all red except for one white and one black in the center.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-11, 11:58 PM
That's beautiful. I can see why Rabbit loves to sit and just watch you work.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-12, 12:00 AM
Amour shrugs. I don't do a lot of painting when she's around actually. I play music, mostly, when she's here.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-12, 12:08 AM
She smiles. See, that would have made me think there was something between the two of you even more, a while ago.

She sits down on the floor. What is it you don't like about relationships? If I may ask?

Raistlin1040
2008-11-12, 12:14 AM
Amour shrugs. I'm a god. Naturally, the obvious relationship choice would be a goddess. But I don't like that, the prima donna type. And mortal women...well for one, none of you live very long, relative to me. I'm not against them, relationships, exactly. But I'm not going to go searching for them. If some romance sparks, just naturally, I'd be open to trying something. He shrugs again and sits down on the bed. I admit, it's a lovely concept however.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-12, 12:24 AM
Melody watches and turns as Amour goes to the bed. Momma worships a Goddess. I don't know much about her though. She's the goddess of butterflies and death, or something. She sounds very nice.

Maybe you should go visit her sometime. Not to romance her, but to talk. Maybe something will spark.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-12, 12:26 AM
Amour laughs, knowing EXACTLY which goddess she's talking about. Still, he nods. Perhaps. I do suppose I should get to know the other dieties around here, at any rate.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-12, 12:36 AM
Well, I have to get home now. Momma will probably worry. Thank you Amour. You are a lovely God. She smiles, then leaves. Taking some paint supplies with her.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-12, 12:37 AM
And you, a lovely child, Melody. Amour says, relaxing on the bed.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-12, 08:28 PM
Lex suddenly POPs in front of Amour. She is glowing a bright blue. I have recieved your invitation to a meeting. I would be honored to have you as a guest in my garden. You can find me by touching Lex's forehead. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96502)

Raistlin1040
2008-11-12, 08:30 PM
Noting some sort of divine possession, the god gently touches the pixie's forehead, being transported to the garden, likely.

FireFox
2008-11-12, 09:06 PM
A middleaged brownhaired man enters the Temple, looking around curiously. He is wearing an old Soviet Army greatcoat, the kind with several pockets sewn on the inside to conceal a multitude of sins.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-12, 09:09 PM
Acolytes and Morrison are everywhere to be found.

FireFox
2008-11-12, 09:11 PM
He doesn't seem interested in talking, just in wandering through and looking at the paintings I am reasonably sure were mentioned in the first post...

Raistlin1040
2008-11-12, 09:16 PM
That's fine. The clerics know they get art-lovers in often, and don't usually talk much unless approached.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 12:27 AM
Morrison comes downstairs and begins to rearrage some of the paintings.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 12:42 AM
Rabbit, having come from her conversation with Talic and being rather confused, hops into the Temple to see Morrison.
How odd.
She only ever recalled seeing him once before, and then, only briefly, he having been preoccupied with his space rock opera.
So, there she stood, silently, blinking.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 12:45 AM
Morrison looks up from his work. If you're looking for Amour, he's not here. His student, the girl suggested that he meet with her goddess, and he thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to get to know some of the other gods.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 12:47 AM
Her face paled for a moment, her thoughts drifting back to the talk of seduction.
Rabbit shivered, but soon pulled herself together, giving a tight-lipped smile to Morrison.
"I'm surprised to see him away. And,er, hello."

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 12:49 AM
I don't suspect he'll be long. He loves the gallery too much to stay away for very long. Morrison says, shrugging.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 12:55 AM
"Er, right." Rabbit bounced on the toes of her feet, feeling rather awkward. How often had she been in the same building as this man, and, yet, they'd never even spoken.
"You're Morrison, aren't you?"

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 12:56 AM
I am. You are Rabbit, correct? He shifts his gaze away from the paintings, giving her the luxury of his full attention.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 01:00 AM
"That I am. A pleasure to finally meet you." She hadn't been expecting, or really wanting, his attention. Rather, he'd been after idle chatter, as those who are preoccupied are typically somewhat interesting/

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 01:10 AM
He's back. Morrison remarks, returning upstairs. Rabbit may be confused for a moment, until Amour suddenly appears in front of her. Hello Lapine. He says.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 01:17 AM
Rabbit's eyes, almost kind when she had been speaking with Morrison, shifted into something quite near loathing.
"So, how far gone is she? Did she fall easily for you? Oh, I bet you made her fall hard, you pathetic, salacious..." Her voice had become high and tense, as if it hurt her to speak the words she did.
If there's nothing protecting it, the portrait that had been a replacement for the one she had originally burned lit aflame.
Rabbit seems oblivious to it.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 01:19 AM
Amour raises an eyebrow. I'm afraid I don't follow. He then notices the picture he made of her burning. Again. Oh damn it... He raises a hand the the flame is extinguished, but not before doing significant damage.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 01:21 AM
"Oh, really? Because I'd wager you-" Her harsh words were cut to the quick as she turned to look at what had caught Amour's attention. Upon seeing the burning painting, Rabbit suddenly began wailing.
Its probably due to to all the things that had occurred in the past few days, though Amour wasn't very likely to know that.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 01:27 AM
Amour is hella confused. Seriously. He runs a hand down his face, thinking. The yelling, and the burning of his work, and the apparently unprovoked anger, that could be dealt with later. The crying probably could not. And so, he walked over to Rabbit, put a hand on her shoulder, and guided her over to the bed. Assuming she doesn't protest, he sits her down, sitting beside her with an arm around her shoulder, hugging her faintly towards him.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 01:28 AM
Normally, Rabbit would object, slapping at Amour and shuddering at the thought of being so intimately close to someone.
However, now was not a normal Rabbit moment, and so she leaned into the god, sobbing loudly, her hands rubbing at her eyes as if she were a child.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 01:30 AM
Amour says nothing, but he pulls her a bit closer, allowing her to lean on him. He regards her with a concerned face.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 01:35 AM
She wanted to speak to him, wanted to lay all of the confusion and fear and anger and loneliness straight into his lap, wanted to push herself so close against him she would disappear into nothingness.
She longed to fall to her knees in worship, praise him and his arts, be a normal person with a normal religion, belief, something to place her faiths and hopes and terrors and dreams in.
And yet, all Rabbit managed was to turn in against him, crying frigid tears against the warm flesh of his arm.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 01:39 AM
Amour put his other arm around her, hugging her close. He didn't understand what was going on, of course. How could he? But he understood enough, and so he allowed himself to hold her, to comfort her.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 01:45 AM
Rabbit sunk slowly against him, her arms wrapping about his stomach, her face nestled into the bed against his hip, her anxieties breaking loose and away as she continued to cry, her wails softening to whimpers with time.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 01:49 AM
Amour felt as though he should say something, but was at a loss for what to say. This problem plagued him, as he sat there. Eventually, he decided to simply stay there, and not disappear like his brain was telling him to do, over and over.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 01:50 AM
Finally, Rabbit laid silent, not moving even to breath. For all anyone could tell, she looked as if she were dead.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 01:52 AM
Lapine? Amour broke the silence.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 01:53 AM
She didn't answer for a few moments, unsure of how to remove herself from the current situation. Rabbit certainly did not want to deal with whatever came after.
"...Yes?"

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 01:54 AM
Are you alright? He asked.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 01:55 AM
"I...don't know?" Somehow, her answer came in the form of a question.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 01:56 AM
Hmm. Amour nodded slowly.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 01:57 AM
Her grip on him tightened briefly before she pulled away from him completely, still remaining face down on the bed.
"I didn't mean to burn your work, honestly."
((Goodnight, darling))

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 01:58 AM
I believe you. He said, sitting up.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 05:22 PM
And then, suddenly, it was daylight shifting in through the Temple, and Rabbit yawned as she rolled over, her eyes hurting as they only could after a great cry.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 07:58 PM
Amour stands and grabs a book off his shelf to read.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 08:03 PM
Rabbit sat contently on the bed, her mind wandering to and fro, humming something softly under her breath.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 08:07 PM
Amour sits in a chair, reading his novel.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 08:37 PM
Rabbit, biting her lip, slid from the bed and tiptoed over to Amour, sitting again in her place by his feet.
"Would you...read to me, Amour?"

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 08:41 PM
Amour puts his book, Animal Farm, back on the shelf. He nods to Rabbit. Of course. Anything in particular you'd like me to read?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 08:48 PM
"No. Whatever you feel like..." Her eyes fell to the floor, and she picked at the hem of her coat sleeve.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 08:53 PM
Amour nods. Alright then. He pulls a book, Rabbit may remember it as the one that he read from early in their friendship. He reads The Opening of The Trunk (http://www.huddersfield1.co.uk/poetry/morrisonpoetry.htm) (All the bit from the title down to Power).

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 08:59 PM
She could not move, could hardly breath to keep up the appearances of the fully living, her hazel eyes wide on him as he read.
There was nothingness around her, except for the toiling, turning, churning of her stomach.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 09:01 PM
Amour finishes after a while (it's a long poem after all), and lays the poetry book down, watching Rabbit. After all, she's been known to do odd things at random intervals.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 09:06 PM
If staring at him like he's pointing a shotgun at her face is odd, than she certainly is living up to his expectations.
Otherwise, she's simply sitting there.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 09:08 PM
Amour gets up and walks over to the bed, laying down and looking up at the ceiling with his arms crosses. Strange Rabbit is strange, and there's not much he can do about that.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 09:25 PM
Like a puppy, Rabbit followed him, her feet pattering softly underneath her, and she stopped at the bed, watching him.
...It would be almost creepy, if it wasn't just what Rabbit did.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 09:28 PM
Amour turns his head and seems to be having a hard time keeping a straight face. He pads the area at the end of the bed. C'mere girl. Jump on up. He laughs, referring to her puppy-like qualities.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 10:00 PM
Blushing, Rabbit rolled her eyes.
"Oh, just shut up." It was odd, considering how, had he been anyone else, she would have delivered a scathing remark.
Instead, she crawled up onto the bed, her face rather darkly red.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 10:59 PM
Amour chuckled at her, and then returned to staring at the ceiling. He begins to hum something unfamiliar.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 11:00 PM
Wiggling herself closer, Rabbit sat and listened, her eyes fluttering shut.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 11:01 PM
Amour continued to hum his tune, feeling Rabbit's colder body close to his very warm one.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 11:08 PM
Rabbit slumped there, next to the god, breathing softly, unsure of why she felt incredibly sick, and...and..
"Amour?"

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 11:10 PM
Yes Lapine? He asks, stopping his melody.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 11:13 PM
She fidgeted, the thought coming to her suddenly, a wave of nausea and anxiety and longing all crashing down upon her at once. And, though it shouldn't have been possible, she felt cool sweat develop along her neck.
"That kiss the other day? Would you mind...er, repeating it?" Her face flushed dark, her eyes adjusting to her lap.
"Its just...it was my first, and, even if I intend never to be kissed again, or whatever, I..I don't want to be left with that as the memory of my only kiss. I want to be able to say, yes, I've tried the whole romance thing and it wasn't my cup of tea." Her words were spoken quickly, nearly jumbled.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 11:16 PM
Err...I suppose so. Amour says, sitting up. He looks fairly confused. He runs a hand throuhg his hair, obviously unsure of the offer.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 11:17 PM
"Look, its nothing...personal. Or even meaningful. You don't have to...jeez, it was stupid. Forget it." Just as she had wiggled closer, she quickly wiggled away.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 11:19 PM
No, no I don't mind. The question just caught me by suprise, that's all. He shrugs. If you want me to, I'll do it.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 11:21 PM
Laughing awkwardly, she tugged at a lock of her hair.
"I promise I won't vomit everywhere again."

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 11:26 PM
Amour chuckles. Good. He turns so that he's completely facing her and slowly leans in, kissing her lips. After a few moments holding the kiss, he pulls back.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 11:32 PM
Rabbit sat there, flushing bright red, her eyes quickly averting to some other place in the room.
"So, that's it? That's what everyone's been flipping out over? ..Nothing."

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 11:33 PM
Amour shrugs. Apparently, yes. He looks for any indication that she might throw up on his floor again, ignoring the reddened face.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 11:35 PM
There's no indication that she'll be sick again, though she is trembling ever so slightly. A normal human wouldn't notice it, but its possible Amour might.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 11:36 PM
He does, and watches her for what she might do.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 11:39 PM
Rabbit silently slipped from the bed, padding over to the piano to play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVhm0ePCjis), humming along instead of singing.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 11:41 PM
In an odd role reversal, Amour stands up and goes to sit at the floor behind Rabbit, listening intently.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 11:46 PM
The song wrapped up shortly, her eyes drifting idly over the piano, focusing on nothing, and, so she sat, silently, pondering, her fingers dancing without a goal along the keys.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 11:48 PM
Amour continues to listen, enjoying the calming atmosphere of the piano. This must be why Rabbit sits at his feet when he plays, he thinks.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-13, 11:56 PM
Finally, her fingers took a path (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RFWzNEVQyY), and Rabbit sang along softly.
"May it be an evening star
Shines down upon you
May it be when darkness falls
Your heart will be true
You walk a lonely road
Oh! How far you are from home."

Raistlin1040
2008-11-13, 11:57 PM
Amour leans back, lying on the floor, looking up at Rabbit. You play beautifully. He compliments casually.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-14, 12:01 AM
Rabbit stopped, her breathing heavy and quite loud, her movements soft and fluid as she stood and then dropped next to him, all one motion, all the same moment.
Her hat fell as she leaned over him, dropping and rolling somewhere, and she tucked her hair behind her ears in hopes it would not disturb him.
"Nothing could ever compare to you, Amour. The one who pushed me from my solitude, who awoke beliefs I thought myself incapable of possessing. I play for you alone, my God."

Raistlin1040
2008-11-14, 12:09 AM
Amour winces slightly at the 'my god' part, though Rabbit may not notice it, shakes his head. I haven't done anything noteworthy. Your decision to believe in me was strictly your own.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-14, 12:12 AM
She did indeed notice, and, sitting back, sighed.
"No, but you were different. You were...something else. And that is entirely of your own doing. You have worshipers. I am one of them. I would say I'm sorry it displeases you, but I'm not." There was almost a hint of anger in her voice, though it was masked well with indifference.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-14, 12:17 AM
It doesn't displease me, exactly. It's just... He trails off. It's nothing I suppose, not really.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-14, 12:19 AM
Rabbit curled her knees up to her chest, hiding her face there.
"I'm so sick of this uncertainty with you. I'm so tired of not understanding what's going on."

Raistlin1040
2008-11-14, 12:21 AM
I apologize. Amour bites his lip, at a true loss for words.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-14, 12:23 AM
"Oh, don't you dare apologize! I'll start to blame you then, since its so much easier than taking the blame myself!" Of course, that's what she'd always done. Shove the blame off onto someone else.
And, really, what was the point of having a god if you couldn't blame all the bad stuff on him?
She couldn't.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-14, 12:30 AM
Amour sighs. I know, but I can't help but feel some responsibility. After all, if you'd never met me, you'd likely be less confused.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-14, 12:31 AM
"No, I can bet you someone else would have stirred up the same feelings. Er. Confusion." Right?
Right?
Sure.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-14, 12:32 AM
Sure.

Perhaps. Amour shrugs. Can't change the past though, unless you use Vespe's box.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-14, 12:34 AM
"You also still owe me that portal to and from any moment in time." Rabbit looked up from her knees, grinning.
Oohhh, a subject change!

Raistlin1040
2008-11-14, 12:37 AM
You're assuming of course, that that wasn't a one-time offer you failed to grab when you had the chance. Amour smiles faintly.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-14, 12:38 AM
She sighed, rolling her eyes.
"Not like I'd know where to go, anyways. Show up and tell your god parents to use protection? Yeah, no. I'd be smited on the spot."

Raistlin1040
2008-11-14, 12:47 AM
Likely. He shrugs. Well, regardless, it's open whenever you'd like to use it.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-14, 12:36 PM
A man walks, rather hesitantly, into the temple. He is tall, and hooded, wearing a long, rather shapeless black robe and cloak, each expensively woven with tiny gold runes and thread. Once he reaches the interior, he stops, and looks around, quietly. Unsure.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-14, 12:39 PM
As Amour is deadtimed for who knows how long ((until Rai gets out from school)), Rabbit blinked up from where she sat at the man.
"Er, hello?"

Kaelaroth
2008-11-14, 12:46 PM
The figure, decidedly masculine, turns to look at her, his face shrouded by the hood's overreaching shade. Greetings.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-14, 01:03 PM
Rabbit bit her lip, wondering who this strange person could possibly be. Amour had said she was really the only person who showed up, so...
"Erm. Excuse me for asking, but, are you afriend of Amour's?"

Kaelaroth
2008-11-14, 01:05 PM
The figure takes a little step back from her, quickly, looking majestic, magnificent, imperious, even though his little movement seemed so very panicked, before saying, shyly, Yes... Is... he here?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-14, 01:07 PM
There was something so contrasting about the way he spoke, as compared to the way he moved.
Rabbit looked around, even though she knew the answer to his question. It just felt proper.
"Not at the moment, no. But, if you're a friend, I'm sure he would love to see you." She frowned, tugging at the sleeves of her coat.
"I think he's kinda lonely, though he never says so. Not like he'd tell me, anyways."

Kaelaroth
2008-11-14, 01:10 PM
All of our kind are lonely. 'tis our curse, I suppose. The figure shudders, elegant, the robe rippling in the air, for a second revealing stylish, modern-style boots. That was pompous, I'm sorry. I take it you are not a...?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-14, 01:14 PM
"Oh, no, I took no offense." Rabbit sat on the bench of the piano, smiling softly.
" 'M just a follower. Rabbit Vasque." Something occurred to Rabbit, and her eye's whipped up to the god, hard, cold.
"You...you wouldn't happen to be one of the Gods who destroyed his previous temples, were you?"

Kaelaroth
2008-11-14, 01:18 PM
No. I'm afraid I'm a victim of a similar fate. The figure says, quietly, moving to curl up on the floor beside her, the robe reworking itself into stylishly cut dark jeans, and a longsleeved grey button-down shirt. The figure's head, however, and neck, are still shadowed, by the cowl of the cloak. His hands are covered with fine, masquerade gloves.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-14, 01:21 PM
Her hat still discarded somewhere to the side, Rabbit felt completely vulnerable, but pushed the thought to the side; afterall, he seemed to be genuine in his claims of friendship with Amour, and Amour had never let harm befall her in any way.
"Oh. I...my apologies, then." Just another reason to squirrel away more hatred for gods. Most gods, anyways.
((And, deadtime for lunch...))

Kaelaroth
2008-11-14, 01:24 PM
The figure shrugs, seemingly taking comfort in the size and strength of the piano. To be honest, men killed men, in my tragedy. Gods were never directly wielding the weapons. He yawns, elegantly, and continues to look around, quiet.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-14, 01:47 PM
((Apologies for the double post))

The figure quickly gets up again, in one fluid movement, his cloak wrapping itself back into a robe. You know... you know what, this wasn't a good idea. It really... it really wasn't. I'm... He looks around, perhaps breathing a little harder. I'm just going to go. I'll... I'll try and be back. Breaking into a long, slightly flailing run, he escapes the temple, quickly.

((deadtime))

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 12:46 AM
Amour undeadtimes, having not noticed the visitor.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-15, 01:03 AM
Sitting, thinking, waiting, Rabbit was still on the bench for the piano, tapping at her chin in thought.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 01:06 AM
Amour goes back to lying on the bed, looking up at the ceiling with sleepy eyes.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-15, 01:15 AM
And Rabbit turned back to the piano, slowly pressing a few keys before breaking out into something a bit more suitable (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8kkbm0140o).

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 01:18 AM
Amour listens, sort of. He's tired, and likely to drop off at any moment.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-15, 01:20 AM
Unaware of Amour's sleep state, Rabbit continued to play, humming along, though no words left her mouth.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 01:22 AM
Amour nods off on the bed. Sleepy sleepy sleepy. That's what he is. Ah well, at least he's getting some rest now.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-15, 01:28 AM
The song came to an end, and Rabbit's mind wandered again, a few long moments passing before she seemed to come to a conclusion.
"Amour, I..." She silenced herself as she noted that his eyes were closed, that he didn't move the slightest. Curious, she tiptoed across the floor to the bed, where she sat and watched him.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 01:31 AM
He's asleep. He doesn't move, except for the rising and lowering of his chest as he breathes.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-15, 01:41 AM
Carefully, Rabbit leaned forward, running a finger over his lower jaw, lightly, a barely present touch.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 01:43 AM
He doesn't stir. Must be a heavy sleeper.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-15, 01:51 AM
Her fingers traced from his jaw to his cheeks, along to his ears, and through his hair, her breathing slow and measured.
"It took a long long long time..." She sung quietly.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 01:52 AM
Amour continues to stay still and sleeping, breathing softly.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-15, 01:56 AM
Removing her hand from him, she continued to watch, as she always did, frowning.
Even so, she could not stop herself from curling against his heat. So warm, almost....deliciously so...

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 02:01 AM
Quite. In fact, if he were a normal human, he'd be running a permanant fever, with a temperature around 102. As Rabbit moves closer to him, he moved slightly closer to her as well, instinctively.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 01:26 PM
The figure from earlier is walking back towards the temple, quietly, once again cloaked in black, with a touch of gold. His movements are slow, and unsteady, as if unsure of whether he really wants to be here or not.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 01:28 PM
Amour stirs in the bed, roused by the prescence of another being entering. He takes a moment to be momentarily confused by Rabbit all curled up next to him, and decides it can wait. He teleports from the bed, in front of the visitor. Hello. He says coolly.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 01:32 PM
The hooded figure starts backwards, in a panicked, human fashion, though Amour should very easily be able to tell that this is another divine being. A.. Am... Amour? He stutters, a curious tone to his voice.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 01:33 PM
Amour does recognize the man as divine, though he's never met another god or godlike being so timid. He raises an eyebrow, nodding. Yes that's me.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 01:36 PM
The figure backs away again, indeed, timid, as his robes, beneath his cloak, reform into jeans, boots, a sweater, and masquerade gloves, all of a translucent grey colour, uniform, which his face is still, mystically, covered by the cowl of his cloak. I'm... I'm...

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 01:39 PM
Amour leaves his eyebrow raised. Yes? Who are you?

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 01:41 PM
Nervously, the figure rubs the ground slightly with one sturdy boot, as he says, quietly, and quickly, blurting it out, looking to the ground I'm Harth. Then, instinctively, he backs away a touch, again, as if worried that he'll be dissaproved of, in some way.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 01:42 PM
I see. Amour frowns, though in a more confused than angry way. And why exactly are you here Harth?

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 01:47 PM
Because... Because.. Well, I didn't really have anywhere to go, and, well, I felt a need to come to you, really, because you're so b- I mean, because, well, we suffered a similar plight, and well, I didn't know what else to do. Harth says, quietlike, still scuffing the ground quietly with his boots.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 01:48 PM
Amour keeps up his confused pose, eyebrow raised, head tilted slightly to the right. A similar plight? How so?

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 01:54 PM
Well, there's this... well, um, all my followers just got butchered. And my temple, my glorious temple, burned to nothingness, firnament. So... um... Harth takes another teeny step back.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 01:56 PM
Amour's face softens. My apologies. He bites his lip. Well, I'm not sure if you're from here or not, but from what I've seen of this place, most Temples here tend to be fairly safe, since people who don't like them merely avoid them most of the time.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 01:58 PM
Um. All right. Well. Um... I guess I should... Harth says, taking a little step back.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 02:02 PM
I'm new here as well, I'm sorry I can't be of more help. He thinks. My friend Neirian is a goddess here as well, maybe you'd have more luck with advice talking to her?

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 02:04 PM
No, I can't leave y- I mean... I mean... Can't I st... Harth shrugs, and falls into silence the shadows hanging from his cowl darkening even more, as if to cover a blushing, or panicked face, which wasn't even visible in the first place.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 02:07 PM
Gawd, Amour is so confused. Can you what? He queries.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 02:09 PM
Can I stay here, with you? Harth says, quickly, blurting out the words as fast as he can, as if for fear that he'll forget them if he doesn't say them quick enough.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 02:10 PM
Er, I suppose so. He frowns in thought. There's an extra room, with a bed, at any rate. It's yours if you want it.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 02:11 PM
Thank you. Harth says, quietly, nervously, clearly worried, perhaps nonsensically, that Amour willl retract his comment. As if to make sure he can't, he anxiously steps towards The Gallery proper.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 02:13 PM
It's up the stairs, near the fountain, for the record. Amour says.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 02:17 PM
For a second, briefly, the shadows underneath the cowl tint a rosey scarlet, blushing, before fading back to black, carefully. I'll... I'll go find it, then. Thanks. Again, really. Hurriedly, the figure runs to the room, making no sound as his feet collide with the floor, moving so fast, eventually, that he is merely a ripple in the air, till, eventually, he's not even visible. However, a door is heard closing, implying that he's found his way.

((deadtime))

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 02:19 PM
Hmm. Amour says. He can't help but chuckle. And they say I'm an odd sort. He goes back to the bed, and lays down to rest, apparently unconcerned with the sleeping Rabbit next to him.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-15, 03:15 PM
Still completely asleep, Rabbit nuzzled up against him, seeking the warmth her body no longer gave off.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 07:20 PM
Amour had already fallen asleep by the time Rabbit nuzzled next to him.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 07:22 PM
Harth is sitting in his new room, cross-legged on his bedspread, looking around, biting his lip.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 07:26 PM
Morrison walks by, his blond hair combed out of his green eyes as he carries a stack of folders from his desk. He backtracks, staring at Harth. Who are you?

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 07:27 PM
Harth, his face still covered in shadow, pulls the duvet (even if there wasn't a duvet in the first place, there now is) up a little round him. My name is Harth.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 07:31 PM
Uh...huh. Morrison says. He shrugs. Whatever. He turns to be on his way. Crazy art god and his crazy friends.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 07:33 PM
What... Harth almost calls out after him, but stops himself after a word, wishing he hadn't said anything. And, so... There's a ripple, a flux, which may very well wake Amour, as Harth carefully changes the past, with one powerful, reality stabbing motion.

After Morrison leaves, Harth says nothing, time having rewritten itself.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-15, 07:36 PM
Either Amour didn't notice the rewrite, or he really really REALLY wants to stay asleep.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-15, 07:40 PM
Harth, quiet, either closes the door to his new room, or creates one, quietly using his powers to create a door that'd suit the rest of the decor. He locks the door, a futile gesture, really, from a nigh-omnipotent being, and crawls into bed, closing his eyes, to sleep, like the other deity, nearby.

((deadtime))

Lex-Kat
2008-11-16, 02:13 AM
A butterfly will land near Amour. It will wait patiently for him to awaken.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-16, 01:54 PM
Amour wakes up, curled next to sleepy Rabbit, and notices the butterfly. He yawns and sits up, glancing at it. He's sure what it signifies of course, but now isn't the best time.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-16, 01:57 PM
For the first time in what seems like days, Rabbit awoke, stretching along the bed before suddenly stopping, the surroundings certainly not the bedroom of her citadel.
Looking over her shoulder, the vision of Amour sent her into an embarrassed fit, and she scrambled away, only to fall off the bed completely.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-16, 02:01 PM
Nearby, faint music, seemingly a traditional dance, in flute, and lute or guitar, is being played from Harth's bedroom.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-16, 02:04 PM
The Butterfly flutters away. Somehow, there is a sadness in the way it's flying.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-16, 02:10 PM
Amour turns his head at Rabbit, recently falled off the bed. He raises an eyebrow. Are you alright? He asks casually, listening to the music.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-16, 02:12 PM
Her face is alight with the blood that had pooled there, and she nodded, slowly.
"I'm, er, sorry. I must have been...I'm sorry..."

Kaelaroth
2008-11-16, 02:14 PM
The music is melancholy, and quiet. As if realising its being listened to, it promptly stops.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-16, 02:15 PM
Must have been...? Amour's eyebrow stays arched in mild confusion. He frowns slightly as the music ends, making a note to investigate it later.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-16, 02:18 PM
Rabbit had, of course, heard the music, but had assumed it to be one of the few followers that are mentioned, but hardly appear.
Silly NPC's.
However, at Amour's obvious surprise, Rabbit looked around, curious.
"I just must have been, er, exhausted." She added, quietly.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-16, 02:21 PM
Amour shrugs, lightly. It's no problem. I moved it down here for you to use after all. He says. Perhaps we should go check out what that music was? He added as an afterthought.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-16, 02:24 PM
"I thought it was one of yours? Your followers, I mean?"
She frowned, collecting her hat from where it had fallen days before.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-16, 02:33 PM
Unlikely. That's not really a style, traditional, that gets played here much. Suddenly he brightens in realization. Oh, it must be Harth. He's another god who moved in, upstairs. His temple got destroyed, so I figured I'd let him saty until he got another one up.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-16, 02:35 PM
"Oh? His name is Harth? I met him the other day, but he left before I could ask him his name." Rabbit smiled softly.
"He mentioned being a friend of yours. Very timid, isn't he? Nothing like any god I've ever seen before. Then again, you're the worst when it comes to arrogance, so maybe I had just gotten used to that."

Kaelaroth
2008-11-16, 02:36 PM
Harth can be heard quietly moving about upstairs.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-16, 02:42 PM
Amour chuckles. I'm the worst? Honestly?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-16, 02:47 PM
"In a way different from the rest of them, yes. You don't tout yourself very much, but its in the way you carry yourself. Very arrogant." Rabbit muttered, looking up to the ceiling.
"Wonder why he came to you..."

Raistlin1040
2008-11-16, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure whether to be offended or not. Amour jokes.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-16, 03:02 PM
Harth quietly deadtimes.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-16, 03:06 PM
Rabbit noted the ceasing of Harth's movements, and frowns. She had been curious about him, too.
"You should take everything I say as an insult to you. I'm still half tempted to burn this place to the ground."

Raistlin1040
2008-11-16, 03:16 PM
Amour shrugs. Only half tempted. That's certainly an improvement over our first meeting.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-17, 01:10 AM
"Yeah, and had you not been so keen on watching me sneak around, I would have done it then, too." Rabbit pouted, crossing her arms over her chest.

Raistlin1040
2008-11-17, 01:12 AM
Amour finds Rabbit's pout ridiculously amusing and laughs. Well I'm sorry I ruined your fun. I could get you a little scale model if you like, you could put it in a bonfire.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-17, 01:19 AM
She couldn't resist breaking out into a large grin.
"Can I pretend to be Godzilla and stomp all over it?"

Raistlin1040
2008-11-17, 01:20 AM
Her grin is infectious, and soon mirrored on Amour's face. But of course.