PDA

View Full Version : UnCon at Wizards

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-10-10, 03:55 PM
Hey all your 'brewers, get on over to Wizards and enter the monster and/or race contest. There will supposedly be real prizes to winners. Got me some snazzy books over the years.

UnCon Monster Contest (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1098106)

UnCon Race Contest (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1098105)

RTGoodman
2008-10-10, 05:00 PM
Man, it's a shame that the Monster Contest is limited to SRD and your entry has to be new - the Divine Pseudonatural Paragon Damn Crab would have destroyed EVERYTHING.

Now, to the SRD to find something to modify!

[I'd try my hand at the Race contest, too, but I don't really get it. Just come up with alternate flavor? Or like a variant of one of the Core races? Eh, I don't know.]

EDIT: Ooh, Psionics and Epic are both part of the SRD, too? That might be interesting...

Jaerc
2008-10-10, 06:56 PM
Hey. First off a big thanks to Vorpal for posting this. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to mention on this competing (and superior :P) board. I'm moderating both those contests and more scattered through the Previous Editions boards.

Psionics, Epic, Divine, and many many UA variants are now SRD!

For the race contest alternate flavour is demanded, while alternate crunch is acceptable.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-10-10, 07:44 PM
Hey. First off a big thanks to Vorpal for posting this. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to mention on this competing (and superior :P) board.
Well, advertised last year and none of the mods struck me down so 'pears its all good.

Psionics, Epic, Divine, and many many UA variants are now SRD!
You betcha. I almost made the mother of all brain moles but decided a divine dog was a bit classier.

For the race contest alternate flavour is demanded, while alternate crunch is acceptable.
Working on mine. Do I still get a prize if I'm the only one to enter? (dunno why there is so little participation. The last few years had plenty of it).

Lappy9000
2008-10-10, 09:52 PM
Thanks for posting this VT!

But blaargh, I'm outta creative juice.

I'll definitely hit up the races, though, if I can whip something up.

....wait....so I can't view the competition? That's a bummer...

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-10-10, 10:26 PM
....wait....so I can't view the competition? That's a bummer...
How do you mean?

Lappy9000
2008-10-10, 11:12 PM
May just be me, but I can't seem to get to the actual thread. Whenever I click on the "Entries must be posted Here" link, I just get sent to some New Thread poster. Needless to say, I'm rather confused about the whole thing.

RTGoodman
2008-10-11, 01:18 AM
You betcha. I almost made the mother of all brain moles but decided a divine dog was a bit classier.

Heh, that's exactly what I'm thinking about entering. Either that or an Intellect Devourer OF DOOMTM.

Stycotl
2008-10-11, 03:57 PM
whose idea was it to use the newer format instead of the better, older one? that alone makes it more likely that people won't participate--seriously.

RTGoodman
2008-10-11, 08:54 PM
whose idea was it to use the newer format instead of the better, older one? that alone makes it more likely that people won't participate--seriously.

Well, I guess since it's WotC's new format and the contest in on the WotC forums, it kinda makes sense, even if some don't like the new format. I don't particularly care, but I don't have a template made in Word for the new format like I do the old, so old is preferable out of laziness. :smalltongue:

Stycotl
2008-10-11, 09:45 PM
a template? that's a brilliant idea. i have never thought of doing that. now i have to go hit my head against the wall for a few moments. be back later.

aaron out.

RTGoodman
2008-10-12, 04:38 PM
a template? that's a brilliant idea.

Indeed. Of course, I take back what I said before - I HATE the new format. Either way, I got my entry (http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=17031769&postcount=5) up.* I'm not terribly happy with it, but I had to rush to even get it done since it's due in about 3 hours and I'm about to head to the movies.

*That also happens to be the first post I've made on the WotC and/or Gleemax boards in like a year or more.

Stycotl
2008-10-12, 06:46 PM
yeah, every time i try to get reinterested in the wizards board, the argumentative fanboys over there remind me why i try to stay away...

Jaerc
2008-10-16, 03:29 AM
It's a wrap folks. Go check out how you did! And don't blush okay?

RTGoodman
2008-10-16, 12:59 PM
Hey, I completely forgot about that, but I'm pleasantly surprised - second place, behind Vorpal Tribble? I'll take that for my first UnCon entry ever.

Congrats VT and everyone else that entered!