PDA

View Full Version : Messages Color

WampaX
2003-08-20, 12:09 PM
The Fade in - Fade out message at the top of the main boards page are kinda hard to read with yellow on white. I know you have the whole sandbox color scheme going on here, but couldn't you find a different color? Or just darken up the backgroup for that part of the table.

Danka ;D

RawBearNYC
2003-08-20, 03:16 PM
but couldn't you find a different color? Probably

Or just darken up the backgroup for that part of the table.Not without hacking the source code, something I'm resistant to doing.

clarkcd
2003-08-20, 04:19 PM
The welcome news item is a different color than the rest and (I think) is easier to read.

I don't have a hard time reading the others though. I could just be funky.

RawBearNYC
2003-08-20, 04:34 PM
I could just be funky. You likely are, but we don't like to mention it.

WampaX
2003-08-20, 04:46 PM
In the BoardIndex.pl

var bcolor = "$color{'windowbg2'}"
var tcolor = "$color{'fadertext'}"

This is where the color of the News table and text color are set.

Next the Settings.pl
Under the Colors section.
You could add another windowbg# color in there.
You could add another fadertext or just change it to a different color if you don't want to mess with it too much.

Still haven't found where the sections tree is being generated yet, though I have an idea how . . . get back to you on that one.

RawBearNYC
2003-08-20, 05:00 PM
Sorry, Wampa, you misunderstand my reasoning for not wanting to hack the source. I plan on upgrading the software at some point when the new security model is implemented, and hacks then have to be rehacked in those situations.

I believe I saw a setting to change the color of the text, and that's going to be a "non-hacking" change. But, if you know Rich at all, you DON'T make color changes to his stuff. So, it's a waiting game for him to see it.

WampaX
2003-08-20, 05:03 PM
Okay . . .

I also noticed that there is a Load Background Color section after all those tables, so if you HAD hacked it tio add a color, then you would also need to put it in there . . .

might be a couple of other places, too, but I 'll stop looking into it. ;D

Bogotter
2003-08-20, 05:44 PM
I dont see a problem with the colors they are now. *When they are fading in or out its hard to read but it comes in quite clear once it becomes that full blown tanish color.

My 2 gp's.

clarkcd
2003-08-21, 12:29 AM
You likely are, but we don't like to mention it.

:P

At least I don't smell funky. If I did I'd be :'(.