PDA

View Full Version : ABR Disscusion thread XII: Not to be confused with important stuff

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-16, 04:05 PM
The Hurt/Heal has finally been updated. You can all vote again.

Emperor Ing
2008-10-16, 04:06 PM
Randomizer plays TF2 in his imagination.

No, I have Orange Box on the 360. Mechafox can confirm it.

Fay Graydon
2008-10-16, 04:09 PM
I confirm it as well.

EDIT:
if i had TF2 for the pc you'd all die at the hands of my Sniping awesome!:smallbiggrin:

Keveak
2008-10-16, 04:11 PM
Alas, poor discussion thread, we barely knew ye.

oh no is it dead:eek: resurrect it someone quickly.

Threeshades
2008-10-16, 04:12 PM
I confirm it as well.

EDIT:
if i had TF2 for the pc you'd all die at the hands of my Sniping awesome!:smallbiggrin:

We'd much more see how awesome your sniping is with your face on fire!

Fay Graydon
2008-10-16, 04:14 PM
you wouldnt be able to get close enough...:smallamused:
(2 words: Pin-point accuracy)
but a sniper with a flaming face would be AWESOME!:smallbiggrin:

Emperor Ing
2008-10-16, 04:16 PM
but a sniper with a flaming face would be AWESOME!:smallbiggrin:

You mean like this?
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9163/74688838uw2.jpg

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-16, 04:20 PM
Alas, poor discussion thread, we barely knew ye.

Gremlin, I don't know what you're reading, but I'm reading a living, healthy discussion thread. I don't know what makes you say it's dead.

Threeshades
2008-10-16, 04:21 PM
Gremlin, I don't know what you're reading, but I'm reading a living, healthy discussion thread. I don't know what makes you say it's dead.

I burned it :smallbiggrin:

Fay Graydon
2008-10-16, 04:24 PM
You mean like this?
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9163/74688838uw2.jpg

Nah, It would have to be a TF2 sniper, and only his face would be on fire, not the rest of his head:smallbiggrin:

Fawkes
2008-10-16, 04:44 PM
No, I have Orange Box on the 360. Mechafox can confirm it.

Yep. Rand plays Heavy. Almost exclusively.

And he always plays on 2Fort. :smallyuk: I hate 2Fort.

Has anyone else played both versions? When I played the PC version at a friend's house, it seemed to move a lot faster. Everything was all... twitchy. Anyone else notice this?

Threeshades
2008-10-16, 05:03 PM
Nah, It would have to be a TF2 sniper, and only his face would be on fire, not the rest of his head:smallbiggrin:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Tobi-Sean/TFPyroVsSniper.png

Like this?

Emperor Ing
2008-10-16, 05:05 PM
Yep. Rand plays Heavy. Almost exclusively.

And he always plays on 2Fort. :smallyuk: I hate 2Fort.

I've been practicing with Sniper, and i've gotten good with a Pyro, as well as Demoman, even if I rarely play Demoman.

As for 2fort, I like all the maps, its just that I play that the most for some reason. :smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2008-10-16, 05:07 PM

Wrong! In the past few days, we have only made NINE PAGES!!! ONLY NINE PAGES!! :smalleek::smallfurious::smallbiggrin:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-16, 05:07 PM
(2 words: Pin-point accuracy)

Technically that's three words, and I doubt it on the computer version.

No-one play Scouts though, I can't stand Scouts :smallfurious:

Threeshades
2008-10-16, 05:11 PM
Technically that's three words, and I doubt it on the computer version.

No-one play Scouts though, I can't stand Scouts :smallfurious:

Yeah they make you so nervous with all their running and jumping. :smallannoyed:

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-10-16, 05:32 PM
Wrong! In the past few days, we have only made NINE PAGES!!! ONLY NINE PAGES!! :smalleek::smallfurious::smallbiggrin:

Everyone's burnt out from the last thread. :smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-16, 05:36 PM
Yeah they make you so nervous with all their running and jumping. :smallannoyed:

I have no problem with them achieving their intended target, it's that they do it too well.

They're too fast to shoot at long or short range, they can circle strafe around anything with a bat and kill it easy, they can leap right into most spawns on independent maps... The only things with any shot at killing the darn things are Pyros and a level 1 Sentry Gun at a fair distance.

That, or a cheat, like aimbots.

Threeshades
2008-10-16, 05:59 PM
I have no problem with them achieving their intended target, it's that they do it too well.

They're too fast to shoot at long or short range, they can circle strafe around anything with a bat and kill it easy, they can leap right into most spawns on independent maps... The only things with any shot at killing the darn things are Pyros and a level 1 Sentry Gun at a fair distance.

That, or a cheat, like aimbots.

Do unto others as they've done to you
But what the hell is this world coming to?

Blow the universe into nothingness
Nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest

Fight fire with fire
Ending is near
Fight fire with fire
Bursting with fear
We all shall die

Time is like a fuse, short and burning fast
Armageddon is here, like said in the past

Fight fire with fire
Ending is near
Fight fire with fire
Bursting with fear
We all shall die

Soon to fill our lungs the hot winds of death
The gods are laughing, so take your last breath

Fight fire with fire
Ending is near
Fight fire with fire
Bursting with fear

Fight fire with fire x8
Fight!

Metallica - Fight Fire With Fire :smallamused:

DoomITP
2008-10-16, 06:03 PM
I just found out my comp can play TF2!!! :smallbiggrin: I must have it!!:smallfurious:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-16, 06:09 PM
In case anybody hasn't seen, I put up the god-powers in the Hurt/Heal. People who voted before they were up still get to choose which one they vote for.

Wreckingrocc
2008-10-16, 06:52 PM
Yay! I added ABR to my siggy.

DoomITP
2008-10-16, 06:53 PM
I'm getting the portal demo. :smallbiggrin: and my dad is thinking about tf2!!

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-10-16, 06:56 PM
Just get the orange box? :smalltongue:

memnarch
2008-10-16, 07:01 PM
I'm getting the portal demo. :smallbiggrin: and my dad is thinking about tf2!!

Portal demo? Is it a free online thing?

DoomITP
2008-10-16, 07:13 PM
Portal demo? Is it a free online thing?

yeah here is the link to it. http://store.steampowered.com/app/410/

Szilard
2008-10-16, 09:39 PM
Could Q (the kobold and the noir dude) Szilard, or that guy with the riverbow, or whatever it's called, please help get it moving?

Sorry, I was gonna post a comic, but I couldn't think and I didn't have time.
I'll try to get a comic up tomorrow.

memnarch
2008-10-16, 11:49 PM
Bleh. Can't get it to download.

What kind of computer's does everyone use for running The Orange Box games? (laptop/desktop, video card, cpu, ram)

Emperor Ing
2008-10-17, 05:29 AM
What kind of computer's does everyone use for running The Orange Box games? (laptop/desktop, video card, cpu, ram)

1) Try reading the system requirements usually listed on the back of the box
2) Get as MUCH RAM as possible! My laptop has 4 gigs, and it handles inkscape AND Vista extraordinarily well. :smallbiggrin:

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 05:39 AM
mine has 2 GB ram. It also gets the inkscape stuff done. The only thing where it ever slowed down, was when i was making the 300 pic.

oh and sometimes when opening load/save windows, those often take an awful lot of time for some reason.

TF2 runs as smoothly as the PC version goes.

Unless you have Steam, you will never get it to.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-17, 05:50 AM
Bio is a dual-core Vista-based laptop w/ 1.46 GHz processor and 2 Gb of ram. I think he's an HP G7000 Notebook.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 06:30 AM
Hey Keveak, I don't understand your latest comic.

Your speech bubbles are hard to read.

Ninja Chocobo
2008-10-17, 07:03 AM

Mine's overqualified, but I'm upgrading it at the end of the year. Desktop, GF 8800GT, 2.6Ghz dual core, 2GB ram.

Keris: Randomly? Do you want to get murdered?

memnarch
2008-10-17, 08:47 AM
Hm, main thing I was wondering about was the video card (ATI x1200) and whether it would affect game play too much. (want to ask for it for christmas and birthday)

As for the portal demo, I looked around to see if others had a problem getting it and apparently it's only for NVIDIA customers. :smallfrown:

DoomITP
2008-10-17, 09:15 AM
I have only 512 megs of ram and my comp can apparently run tf2

Keveak
2008-10-17, 09:26 AM
Hey Keveak, I don't understand your latest comic.

Your speech bubbles are hard to read.

green-shirt Q speaks about the game then they hear somebody sig a sad song they then see a drow executer about to kill the singing (another drow) but then he starts to cry and keep sayng "that was beautiful" then the other drow says that he is a multiclass bard/wizard named Dorou. then green-shirt Q says "why does he use a instead of e" (he do use a instead of e) the drow executer then yell that it was beautiful, Dorou then says "woah I didn't avan usa a spell"
I resized the text and speech bubbles

Fay Graydon
2008-10-17, 02:57 PM
I have only 512 megs of ram and my comp can apparently run tf2

probably on low graphical content with lag.
(That's what I got when i used to play oblivion on my Laptop, and that's what i have when I play WoW)

[hr]
In case anybody hasn't seen, I put up the god-powers in the Hurt/Heal. People who voted before they were up still get to choose which one they vote for.

what heal/hurt?:smallconfused:

Emperor Ing
2008-10-17, 03:05 PM
Erhm, check silly message board games. :smallyuk:

memnarch
2008-10-17, 03:07 PM
Or, if you're the lazy type, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93479).

Keveak
2008-10-17, 03:13 PM
Or, if you're the lazy type, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93479).

IF?:biggrin:

@threeshades Salmon killed that drow commander stop using him

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 03:19 PM
@threeshades Salmon killed that drow commander stop using him

If you would look more closely, you will notice that "that drow commander" has a different name and rank almost every time "he" appears.

Shades of Gray
2008-10-17, 03:20 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g25520.png

I made a banner. I feel bad for TS...

memnarch
2008-10-17, 03:26 PM
Personally, I would have had "What do I have to do to get a little privacy?" but that could be just because I really liked that movie. :smallbiggrin:

The Gremlin
2008-10-17, 03:28 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g25520.png

I made a banner. I feel bad for TS...

Great! New banner! :smallbiggrin:
EDIT: It gave me an idea for a different one, too.
http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr73/The__Gremlin/Banner2.jpg
Was kinda rushed, so the Vendetta looks kind of crappy. :smallannoyed:

Wreckingrocc
2008-10-17, 03:31 PM
Nice banner, SoG :smallbiggrin: We need some banners with truth in them (Looks below at ABR banner in spoiler)... Well, more banners with truth, anyway.

Keveak, you already have an undeveloped and kind of strange character with seemingly no reason for appearance... You don't need another, especially if he comes at such a random time... That song didn't sound very sad... Why isn't the executioner doing his thing? I'm just confuzzled... And... Right when another character appears?.....?

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 03:34 PM
I resized the text and speech bubbles

Aye don't see much of a difference. Aye do know what they're talking about, but it's still pretty messy. Aye'm just saying.

Anyway, Aye'm still waiting for Threeshades response for this comic.

FFF
http://i37.tinypic.com/10zqt5l.png

The ABR hurt/heal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93479)Aye started in the "Silly Message Board games!

(Just in case anybody is confused with my message, Aye'm using "Aye" instead of "I" from now on, just for fun.)

Nameless
2008-10-17, 03:35 PM
Kev, I think you'll find I've already been trhough all that here. :smalltongue:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/167.png

And it's "Tip tip ol' bean" :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 03:53 PM
Keveak, you already have an undeveloped and kind of strange character with seemingly no reason for appearance... You don't need another, especially if he comes at such a random time... That song didn't sound very sad... Why isn't the executioner doing his thing? I'm just confuzzled... And... Right when another character appears?.....?

Yeah, Aye think it's a little dumb for him to introduce another character when his own character isn't known at all, but Aye don't think that's really enough to declare it non-canon.

Keveak
2008-10-17, 03:55 PM
Nice banner, SoG :smallbiggrin: We need some banners with truth in them (Looks below at ABR banner in spoiler)... Well, more banners with truth, anyway.

okay non-cannon then it was just for fun (but have you seen how many undeveloped characters here is):frown:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 04:02 PM
okay non-cannon then it was just for fun (but have you seen how many undeveloped characters here is):frown:

Well, Aye don't think you have make it non-canon, but perhaps it is for the best. Aye don't know anything about your character or what is motivation for doing anything is. He's just there.

Also, use grammer gooder.

Emperor Ing
2008-10-17, 04:03 PM
(but have you seen how many undeveloped characters here is):frown:

Yes, but the formula for a developed character is
1) You have to be from Arcania. :smallyuk:
Failing that,
2) Backstory comic (either separate thread from ABR or done in a few canon comics)

Wait, you pass ALL the criteria.

:yuk:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 04:06 PM
Yes, but the formula for a developed character is
1) You have to be from Arcania. :smallyuk:
Failing that,
2) Backstory comic (either separate thread from ABR or done in a few canon comics)

Wait, you pass ALL the criteria.

:yuk:

Aye think the developed character must be around long enough, and they must have clear motivation for what they are doing.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-17, 04:10 PM
Why is it so popular to be from Arcania somehow? :smallconfused:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 04:11 PM

Obviously because you are from there.

Anyway, Aye think it's just sad. :smallyuk:

Emperor Ing
2008-10-17, 04:15 PM

Anyway, I think it's just sad. :smallyuk:
I concur, completely.
Not one thing that survived the Cataclysm AND the Mage Wars still exists. :smallyuk:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 04:24 PM
Aye think people should be able to come up with their own locations in Avbaroy.
That would make people stop comming from Arcania.

memnarch
2008-10-17, 04:30 PM
Sure, come up with a location on the map and I'll add it.

Edit; most recent addition was Sharnin; NE quad, NW sub-quad.

Threeshades
Can you guys cut the declaring-comics-non-canon-while-I'm-making-one-involving-those out? :smallannoyed:

Keveak
@Threeshades I'm making a comic where he goes so take it easy (some sort of character development of Keveak's coming too)

Emperor Ing
2008-10-17, 04:31 PM
I have some good fluff that can explain a lot of this stuff. Including the eternal ruins, and why Avbaroy is a planet with a small singular continent.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 04:32 PM
Can you guys cut the declaring-comics-non-canon-while-I'm-making-one-involving-those out? :smallannoyed:

Aye can see how that can be annoying. However, you could just delete everything past the first panel and the comic would work.

Sure, come up with a location on the map and I'll add it.

I don't need to. I have a whole planet all to myself.

memnarch
2008-10-17, 04:33 PM
We've got the large main continent and two smaller ones; the one with Lockutas is on and the unclaimed NE one.

Edit, @/\; was mainly directed at everyone else.

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 04:34 PM
Aye can see how that can be annoying. However, you could just delete everything past the first panel and the comic would work.

I don't need to. I have a whole planet all to myself.

can we instead have GSQ getting Roka out of the cell and Keveak's character refusing to meet her request ending up in her screwing his head off and selling it on ebay?

That would solve all problems to the best :smallsmile:

Wreckingrocc
2008-10-17, 04:35 PM
okay non-cannon then it was just for fun (but have you seen how many undeveloped characters here is):frown:Yes, I have; that's why we don't need more.

3S, I love the plan. And for the low, low price of 19 gp, 9 sp, and 9 cp!

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 04:41 PM
can we instead have GSQ getting Roka out of the cell and Keveak's character refusing to meet her request ending up in her screwing his head off and selling it on ebay?

That would solve all problems to the best :smallsmile:

Aye can have the "green-shirt" Q break you out with his freakishly amazing physical strength, but Aye can't guarentee that Keveak will let you kill his character. You may be able to god-mod, though.

Who would want to buy his head? :smallconfused:

Emperor Ing
2008-10-17, 04:42 PM
Hey Lying, why are all these guys from Arcania suddenly turning up? I thought the casualties after that battle were extreme?

What's next? You find Arcanian Battlemage #1-200 randomly walking around some randon town...in formation?

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 04:43 PM
Aye can have the "green-shirt" Q break you out with his freakishly amazing physical strength, but Aye can't guarentee that Keveak will let you kill his character. You may be able to god-mod, though.
Hummmmm...

Keveak were you going to reintroduce your character?

Vlad the impaler, naturally.

Wreckingrocc
2008-10-17, 04:44 PM
Yes. That sounds pretty good. Turns out arcania is still around; they blew up Arcania 2, which was made of cardboard.

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 04:45 PM
Yes. That sounds pretty good. Turns out arcania is still around; they blew up Arcania 2, which was made of cardboard.

Nonsense, Cardboard forts are impenetrable. :smallmad:

Keveak
2008-10-17, 04:46 PM

I wasn't gonna reveal it but hes gonna die in my next comic. but not that way can't you guys wait till tommorrow when I can finish it (if he die your way there will never be an backstory for me (his dead starts the explanaition))

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 04:49 PM
I wasn't gonna reveal it but hes gonna die in my next comic. but not that way can't you guys wait till tommorrow when I can finish it (if he die your way there will never be an backstory for me (his dead starts the explanaition))

Well, okay, at least i dont have to cut away 2 thirds of my comic.

Calamity
2008-10-17, 04:52 PM

Uh, Perwood Town? Not to mention Surport. I came up with my own locations, thank you very much.

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-10-17, 04:56 PM

Hey Lying, why are all these guys from Arcania suddenly turning up? I thought the casualties after that battle were extreme?

What's next? You find Arcanian Battlemage #1-200 randomly walking around some randon town...in formation?

Ok, I must have missed something here.

Other then Lying, who's from Arcania? :smallconfused:

memnarch
2008-10-17, 04:58 PM
Megadoomer for one, not sure of others. Edit; rather, his group escaped from Arcania, set up Sharnin, and that's where his character came from.

@Calamity; Those two places don't seem to be on the map; want me to add them in?

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 04:58 PM
Ok, I must have missed something here.

Other then Lying, who's from Arcania? :smallconfused:

Nameless, Megadoomer, Gremlin, Keveak......

Anybody I've missed?

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 04:59 PM
Nameless, Megadoomer, Gremlin, Keveak......

Anybody I've missed?

Gremlin is from Arcania, I thought he's from some kind of extra dimensional room, where theres a big zombie cat ruling over him :smallconfused:

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-10-17, 05:00 PM
@^ I don't understand Gremlin at all really. As far as I can tell , he's some kind of (zombie?) magical cat.. thing.

Huh, I always thought Lying was the only Arcanian character in Abr, I think it was better that way to.

@V- Wherever moonelves come from. :smalltongue:

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 05:01 PM
Huh, I always thought Lying was the only Arcanian character in Abr, I think it was better that way to. But, whatever.

I dont even know where Threeshades is from. Lying is writing most of my backstory I think :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 05:02 PM
Gremlin is from Arcania, I thought he's from some kind of extra dimensional room, where theres a big zombie cat ruling over him :smallconfused:

Apperently before Gremlin died and became undead, he came from and was exiled from Arcania. Aye think, anyway.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-17, 05:03 PM

I wish the heck I knew, it's kinda ruined my whole "last survivors" thing with Rain & Igon.

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 05:04 PM
I wish the heck I knew, it's kinda ruined my whole "last survivors" thing with Rain & Igon.

I think Gremlin and Nameless aren't exactly alive.

memnarch
2008-10-17, 05:05 PM
They've all been brainwashed to think they're from Arcania! :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 05:05 PM
I think Gremlin and Nameless aren't exactly alive.

Megadoomer and, at the moment, Keveak are.

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 05:06 PM

yes but they're minor character who can still be rewritten. I think that would help.

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-10-17, 05:06 PM

That can easily be changed.

memnarch
2008-10-17, 05:07 PM
Megadoomer's group could have been closely allied with Arcania. Dunno about Keveak.

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 05:07 PM
That can easily be changed.

Some more alucardian shadow demons, anyone? :smallbiggrin:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-17, 05:08 PM
I dont even know where Threeshades is from. Lying is writing most of my backstory I think :smalltongue:

Turns out I'm kinda "the" guy for backstory writing (http://abr.wetpaint.com/page/Dwarves)

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 05:10 PM
Turns out I'm kinda "the" guy for backstory writing (http://abr.wetpaint.com/page/Dwarves)

well i could make my own backstory, but i dont wanna mess up your plans.

Fay Graydon
2008-10-17, 05:11 PM
I got board the other day so i made up this planet:
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/Ikaeru/FinishedmapofGaiaTera.png
what do u guys think?
(I base all of my fantasy works in it, each place has different belifes, traditions, religions, est...)

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 05:13 PM

Why didnt you make a shelf out of it?

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-17, 05:14 PM
what do u guys think?
(I base all of my fantasy works in it, each place has different belifes, traditions, religions, est...)

And you say you made this "the other day"?

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 05:14 PM
what do u guys think?

It really looks cool. I'll have to draw a map of my planet eventually.

Fay Graydon
2008-10-17, 05:15 PM

well... maybe not the other day... maybe like i have been working on it for about 3-4 days or so....

(tempted to base Fayte's backstory here...)

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 05:15 PM

That's not what he said. Look closely.

memnarch
2008-10-17, 05:16 PM
what do u guys think?

That it TS? :smallwink:

Fay Graydon
2008-10-17, 05:17 PM

TS?:smallconfused: what's that mean?

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 05:18 PM

yes. I congratulate you on your extraordinary ability to make conclusions, memnarch.

memnarch
2008-10-17, 05:19 PM
TS = Threeshades

Why thank you! :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 05:20 PM
Hey, I was thinking about adding my unnamed planet (of my backstories) to the ABR wiki. Is that okay? Anybody have any objections?

Threeshades
2008-10-17, 05:21 PM
Hey, I was thinking about adding my unnamed planet (of my backstories) to the ABR wiki. Is that okay? Anybody have any objections?

Only if the planet isnt actually in any canon ABR-verse

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 05:24 PM
Only if the planet isnt actually in any canon ABR-verse

It is in canon-ABR universe.

Aye just don't know where to shove it in the wiki. Aye may have to make another place to put it like "places outside Avbaroy".

memnarch
2008-10-17, 05:25 PM
I'd say add a small bit about it to the back story page. Key word there is small, so don't go over board.

BRC
2008-10-17, 05:26 PM
I'm considering Re-entering, I have a character planned out (Not BRC the propoganda elemental though, a different character). However, I'm lazy and there are already alot of people in this here plot, so I dunno.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 05:27 PM
I'd say add a small bit about it to the back story page. Key word there is small, so don't go over board.

Well if it's small then Aye don't really see the point. Plus, Aye've already done that.

memnarch
2008-10-17, 05:28 PM
Small being, "Don't fill the whole page with it."

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 05:29 PM
Small being, "Don't fill the whole page with it."

Again, Aye just don't see the point.

Szilard
2008-10-17, 06:01 PM
Didn't Keavek say he was the desendent of someone who knew lying?

Szilard
2008-10-17, 06:02 PM
I'm considering Re-entering, I have a character planned out (Not BRC the propoganda elemental though, a different character). However, I'm lazy and there are already alot of people in this here plot, so I dunno.

That is where SDSB comes in.:smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 06:06 PM
That is where SDSB comes in.:smallbiggrin:

Yup. Where new characters can properly grow their metaphorical wings and malnourished characters can grow.

Aye'm making another SDSB comic.

Szilard
2008-10-17, 06:07 PM
Yup. Where new characters can properly grow their metaphorical wings and malnourished characters can grow.

Aye'm making another SDSB comic.

I was gonna start one, but I guess I'll wait 'till you're done.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 06:09 PM
I was gonna start one, but I guess I'll wait 'till you're done.

Nah. Don't wait for me. Aye'm actually woking on "My Name is Q" right now. I won't finish the SDSB comic for a while.

Szilard
2008-10-17, 06:11 PM
Okay, starting my comic now.

The Gremlin
2008-10-17, 06:44 PM
@^ I don't understand Gremlin at all really. As far as I can tell , he's some kind of (zombie?) magical cat.. thing.

Huh, I always thought Lying was the only Arcanian character in Abr, I think it was better that way to.

Regrettably, no.
I decided that I'd come from Arcania a while ago, when I was still a god-modding fool. I thought it'd be cool.
And for the record, I haven't god-modded in ages.
Anyways, The Gremlin (also known as 'Nilmerg Eht, because I needed to come up with a reason he'd have a name like 'The Gremlin' when he was not a gremlin at all) is an Arcanian, though if I'd had another chance I would have made that different. He was exiled, for reasons that will be explained in my backstory comic. He got killed, again in circumstances that will be explained in my backstory comic, and Ovu Monobi took his body, made him into a zombie, and gave him a small replica of his mask, which gave him sentience and much power.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 06:54 PM
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/Comic63.png

Why did my character ask his character for a bomb and what did he do? :smallconfused:

memnarch
2008-10-17, 06:55 PM
Looks like he blew up part of the train.

Szilard
2008-10-17, 06:59 PM
Why did my character ask his character for a bomb and what did he do? :smallconfused:

He seemed like a smart guy, and we needed to get off the train, quickest way is to jump out of a hole in the wall. Sorry if that feels like godmodding, I didn't think it would be major.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 07:01 PM
He seemed like a smart guy, and we needed to get off the train, quickest way is to jump out of a hole in the wall. Sorry if that feels like godmodding, I didn't think it would be major.

I think it sounds like something my other characters would think of instead (Q, Lee, and Bortak) but I suppose I don't mind.

Szilard
2008-10-17, 07:40 PM
Ha, that's good:smalltongue:, saw the punchline as soon as I yelled my name though.

Fawkes
2008-10-17, 07:54 PM
I concur, completely.
Not one thing that survived the Cataclysm AND the Mage Wars still exists. :smallyuk:

Nameless did. And didn't you?

Rain and Igon are the last two survivors of Arcania as it was when it fell. Megadoomer's ancestors had left Arcania, so they don't count, Nameless and Gremlin are dead, Oliver wasn't born in Arcania, and nobody likes Keveak. So you're good.

@Q: Stop saying "aye."

@Threeshades: I like Roka. :smallsmile: Of course now I have to wait a while before introducing my musician character to SDSB.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-17, 07:56 PM
@Q: Stop saying "aye."

I have. It's not as fun as I thought it'd be.

BRC
2008-10-17, 08:12 PM
The character I'm thinking of Re-entering ABR with
The Vendetta was created as a result of collaboration between the greatest Mages and Engineers in Avbroy. Everything, from the weapons, to the shields, to the crew quarters is the pinnacle of something. Ven is one of those pinnacles. Designed by Scitzotech engineers with the help of dwarven artificers, Ven is possibly the most intresting thing (to an engineer anyway) onboard.
Ven’s creation arose out of necessity, With so many different technologies incorporated into the Vendetta, how could anybody expect to understand the systems well enough to maintain and repair them. The ship would require a large number of repairmen, many of whom would need an in-depth knowledge of the ships systems. The Vendetta’s original creators also realized that training this man people meant that knowledge of the ships systems could get out, making it a security risk. The solution was to create Ven.
Ven is probably best described as a Hive Mind, in fact he is a construct, though he looks more like a really big box. Ven is capable of building and controlling small constructs called “Dettas” which are capable of performing various menial tasks aboard the Vendetta. Dettas are fairly unintelligent, and the complexity of the tasks they are able to perform depends on how much Ven is concentrating on that particular Detta. Most of what the Dettas do is pretty basic stuff, hauling things from place to place and the like, although specialist Dettas can conduct repairs and even fight. Ven himself communicates by projecting an illusion from specially designed “Projector” Dettas. These illusions show a human wearing a dark cape and hat. Ven has a complete knowledge of all the Vendetta’s systems, and could theoretically rebuild the entire thing (If given enough time and materials. A LOT of time and even more materials, very very expensive ones).
When Threeshades captured the ship she placed an enchantment on Ven forcing him to do nothing not programmed in his prime orders (Maintain and repair the ship). She also has her troops guarding him in central engineering, and has destroyed all projector and solider Dettas just to be safe.
Pictured below are the most common varieties of Detta (and Ven himself):
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Venny-1.png
1: Ven
2: Basic Detta and Basic Detta carrying a box
3: Solider Detta
4: Repair Detta
5: Projector Detta.

He could theoretically build an army of Solider Dettas, but if he tried to control too many at one time they would be fairly useless.

The Gremlin
2008-10-17, 08:15 PM
The character I'm thinking of Re-entering ABR with
The Vendetta was created as a result of collaboration between the greatest Mages and Engineers in Avbroy. Everything, from the weapons, to the shields, to the crew quarters is the pinnacle of something. Ven is one of those pinnacles. Designed by Scitzotech engineers with the help of dwarven artificers, Ven is possibly the most intresting thing (to an engineer anyway) onboard.
Ven’s creation arose out of necessity, With so many different technologies incorporated into the Vendetta, how could anybody expect to understand the systems well enough to maintain and repair them. The ship would require a large number of repairmen, many of whom would need an in-depth knowledge of the ships systems. The Vendetta’s original creators also realized that training this man people meant that knowledge of the ships systems could get out, making it a security risk. The solution was to create Ven.
Ven is probably best described as a Hive Mind, in fact he is a construct, though he looks more like a really big box. Ven is capable of building and controlling small constructs called “Dettas” which are capable of performing various menial tasks aboard the Vendetta. Dettas are fairly unintelligent, and the complexity of the tasks they are able to perform depends on how much Ven is concentrating on that particular Detta. Most of what the Dettas do is pretty basic stuff, hauling things from place to place and the like, although specialist Dettas can conduct repairs and even fight. Ven himself communicates by projecting an illusion from specially designed “Projector” Dettas. These illusions show a human wearing a dark cape and hat. Ven has a complete knowledge of all the Vendetta’s systems, and could theoretically rebuild the entire thing (If given enough time and materials. A LOT of time and even more materials, very very expensive ones).
When Threeshades captured the ship she placed an enchantment on Ven forcing him to do nothing not programmed in his prime orders (Maintain and repair the ship). She also has her troops guarding him in central engineering, and has destroyed all projector and solider Dettas just to be safe.
Pictured below are the most common varieties of Detta (and Ven himself):
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Venny-1.png
1: Ven
2: Basic Detta and Basic Detta carrying a box
3: Solider Detta
4: Repair Detta
5: Projector Detta.

Awesome! BRC returns!
Oliver: I LOL'ed. :smallbiggrin:

Shades of Gray
2008-10-17, 08:17 PM
Sick! Now Oliver has robots on HIS ship!

As captain I order you to get me a sandwich :smalltongue

EDIT: I'm puppetmaster for Halloween.

BRC
2008-10-17, 08:22 PM
Sick! Now Oliver has robots on HIS ship!

As captain I order you to get me a sandwich :smalltongue

EDIT: I'm puppetmaster for Halloween.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Sandwich.png

memnarch
2008-10-17, 08:31 PM
On the subject of The Cataclysm; wasn't it nothing survived "going through"? (and getting around that by literally not being there for the big event)

On the subject of BRC's Ven dude; Frickin' Shweet! :smallbiggrin:

The Gremlin
2008-10-17, 08:44 PM
On the subject of The Cataclysm; wasn't it nothing survived "going through"? (and getting around that by literally not being there for the big event)

Yes, by my understanding folk went into the World Serpent Inn, thus explaining how they survived.
Also, what caused the Mage Wars? And the Cataclysm, too?

BRC
2008-10-17, 08:49 PM
Hey Shades, I'm trawling through the thread but having trouble finding things, where exactly is oliver right now?

memnarch
2008-10-17, 08:55 PM
Oliver is sitting in a non-discrepant ventilation shaft.

Comic to come.

Edit: Here we are!

FFF
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g23851.png

Shades of Gray does not endorse smoking.

@Shades of gray; it might help if we know where you are.

I'm in the conveniently human sized vent system.

Also, how's this for a Halloween avatar.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/oliver426/g26553.png

Fawkes
2008-10-17, 09:07 PM
The Mage Wars was the culmination of a magical arms race that ended up being explosively violent. Very explosively.

The causes of the Great Cataclysm are largely a mystery, because no one who witnessed them survived. Some details of the Cataclysm will be revealed in Nobody's backstory.

Let me think...

A number of underground civilizations (including dwarves, moon elves, and drow) survived, although there were a great many casualties due to cave-ins and the like.

Helina survived somehow because of the Super-Confusing TimeSkipTM.

The City of Wind survived due to its desert location, although it too would have suffered considerable damage.

Other civilizations far from the Eternal Valley survived as well.

Any survivors would have thought that they had lived through an enormous earthquake. Those aboveground might have witnessed a great white light in the southwest sky, and a burst of intensely hot, extremely fast winds.

Ninja Chocobo
2008-10-17, 09:08 PM
Hm, main thing I was wondering about was the video card (ATI x1200) and whether it would affect game play too much. (want to ask for it for christmas and birthday)

If you're going to get a new video card, I'd recommend a GeForce 9 series. nVidia tends to be better (if only slightly, and not always) than ATI, and the naming system they use isn't needlessly complicated.

Some more alucardian shadow demons, anyone? :smallbiggrin:

Wait now the what?

Hey Shades, I'm trawling through the thread but having trouble finding things, where exactly is oliver right now?

And for that matter, where's the Vendetta right now?

memnarch
2008-10-17, 09:24 PM
Slight probably with getting a new video card; I'm on a laptop. Unless you've got some idea of how to change it, I'm stuck with it.

BRC
2008-10-17, 09:39 PM
Quick comic up!

Alright, when I said he communicates through the projector Detta's I mean that's how he usually talks. First of all they let him convey information visually, also they have components that make them much better at deciphering language. When he tries to talk through another type of Detta it takes more effort, so he usually uses the Projector Dettas for conversation. The Moon Elves didn't know he could talk through the regular Dettas, and couldn't take all those out anyway (since they are needed to keep the ship running)

Edit: That particular Detta was heading back to central engineering after having fed the Kilroy.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-10-17, 10:24 PM
I'm BACK!

What did I miss.

memnarch
2008-10-17, 10:26 PM
Well.... depending on when you left, either quite a bit, a heck of a lot, or nothing at all. :smalltongue:

_Puppetmaster_
2008-10-17, 10:30 PM
I left a couple of days ago...

That's a lot in the discussion world, considering that I was on page 26 of the last thread when I left.:smalleek:

memnarch
2008-10-17, 10:35 PM
Yeah, we decided to go through that thread in a week so... I would said just read through this thread and the new comics if you don't have a whole lot of time.

Where'd you go anyway?

_Puppetmaster_
2008-10-17, 10:38 PM
I got grounded...:smallannoyed:

EDIT: But now I'm free, so...

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg99/Puppetmaster_/FUNTIME.gif

The Gremlin
2008-10-17, 11:39 PM
I got grounded...:smallannoyed:

EDIT: But now I'm free, so...

*Snip* (I will not increase awareness of Fun Time)

Noooooo! Death to Fun Time!
EDIT: Oliver, I laughed. BRC, you need to spoiler that.

XenoTherapy
2008-10-17, 11:56 PM
Death to WHAT, Gremlin?!

*Gives stern paladin look.* :annoyed:

Hyozo
2008-10-18, 01:07 AM
I'm planning on making (a comic/comics) where I (approach/board) the Vendetta tomorrow, But I wanted to ask beforehand if the vendetta has any way to locate and target an invisible flying character, as that will strongly influence the effectiveness of my primary approach strategy.

kpenguin
2008-10-18, 01:07 AM
Just something I wrote down while bored in history class that I touched up a little when I got home:

Guinoid Racial Traits

+2 Con, -2 Str: Their icy cold homeland has conditioned the Guinoids to be hardy people, but their hollow bone structure has made unable to exert great strength.
Medium: As Medium creatures, guinoids have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
A guinoid's base land speed is 20 feet; their web feet and waddling gait makes them move awkwardly slow on land.
A guinoid's base swim speed is 40 feet; despite their appearance, Guinoids are incredibly graceful underwater. A guinoid has a +8 racial bonus on any swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. A guioind can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. A guinoid can use the run action while swimming, provided he swims in a straight line.
Low-Light Vision: A guinoid can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Hold Breath (Ex): A guinoid can hold his breath for a number of rounds equal to 6 X its Constitution score before he risks drowning.
Cold Tolerant: Guinoids gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against cold damage and cold effects. Guinoids can also exist in conditions between -20 and 90 F without having to make Fortitude saves.
+2 racial bonus on Jump checks made to dive into water.
+2 racial bonus on Hide, Listen and Spot checks when Underwater
Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnome, Dwarven, Draconic, Tajiran, Aquan
Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass guinoid’s wizard class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.

Keveak
2008-10-18, 03:31 AM
I,m not from Arcania it was my original idea but no one liked it so I changed it. now no one nows my backstory:biggrin:

@Kpenguin nice

kpenguin
2008-10-18, 03:33 AM
Oh, and about the Arcania thing, Lying retconned Alphantica to being built on the devastated remains of Arcania, so... I kinda got retconned into being Arcanian.

Kinda.:smalltongue:

chriky
2008-10-18, 03:47 AM
@ Kp; I know History lessons are boring but you must have an awful teacher if you where that bored.

kpenguin
2008-10-18, 03:55 AM
@ Kp; I know History lessons are boring but you must have an awful teacher if you where that bored.

Like I said, I touched up on it a bit when I got home.

My draft on my notebook says something like:

+2 Con, -2 Str
30 20 ft speed, 40 ft. swim
Low-Light Vision
Cold Endurance: Resists cold effects and cold damage easily, +2 on saves
Hold Breath: 6xCon
Low Light Vision
+2 spot, listen, hide underwater
+2 jump for diving

Plus a sketch of kpenguin.

Keveak
2008-10-18, 04:10 AM
history lessons aren't boring (for me at least)

Emperor Ing
2008-10-18, 04:17 AM
Hey Lying, do you want me to...prove that you and what's-his-face are the only survivors of Arcania?
*pumps shotgun*

Nameless
2008-10-18, 04:20 AM
Who's whats-his-face?

Emperor Ing
2008-10-18, 04:40 AM

Rain, that's it.
>_>
<_<
RAAAAAAAIIIIIIN!! *shakes fist angrily into the sky* :smallmad:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-18, 04:44 AM
There's also Lex and Lorna, though the former betrayed his country and the latter could care less about it.

Emperor Ing
2008-10-18, 04:50 AM
do you want me to...make certain you 4 are the only survivors? :smallamused:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-18, 05:23 AM
do you want me to...make certain you 4 are the only survivors? :smallamused:

The idea intrigues me.

Emperor Ing
2008-10-18, 05:25 AM
The idea intrigues me.

Excellent. I will tell myself 600 years in the past to destroy everything and everybody except you 4. :smalltongue:

memnarch
2008-10-18, 07:29 AM
I'm planning on making (a comic/comics) where I (approach/board) the Vendetta tomorrow, But I wanted to ask beforehand if the vendetta has any way to locate and target an invisible flying character, as that will strongly influence the effectiveness of my primary approach strategy.

Definitely can't see invisible stuff, as long as you don't do anything stupid like attack the ship. So you'd be able to make it to the sewer pipe just fine.

Threeshades
2008-10-18, 07:38 AM
Definitely can't see invisible stuff, as long as you don't do anything stupid like attack the ship. So you'd be able to make it to the sewer pipe just fine.

Wrong. The Vendetta has blindsense receptors. Those work exactly like the blindsense ability.

Nameless
2008-10-18, 07:39 AM
HEY! "DUN DUN DUNNN" is my thing! :smalltongue:

Also, I LAWLD Threeshades. :smallbiggrin:

Keveak
2008-10-18, 08:38 AM
@threeshades he stopped using a's instead of e's so no head selling

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 08:39 AM
@threeshades he stopped using a's instead of e's so no head selling

I really don't see why not. :smallconfused:

Calamity
2008-10-18, 08:41 AM
I really don't see why not. :smallconfused:

Seconded. Seriously, aren't you too dead to be angry?

Keveak
2008-10-18, 08:49 AM
Seconded. Seriously, aren't you too dead to be angry?

she said he should stop with the a/e thing or being a bard, or she would rip of his head. he stopped with the a/e thing but she ripped of his head anyway plus sigils are fun.

Calamity
2008-10-18, 08:52 AM
she said he should stop with the a/e thing or being a bard, or she would rip of his head. he stopped with the a/e thing but she ripped of his head anyway plus sigils are fun.

So she told a lie. Because that never happens ever. I mean, seriously, a person telling a lie? Inconceivable!

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 08:55 AM
Keveak, a :smallfurious: simley is not something to throw around lightly. Seriously, take a schill pill or something. Whatever it is.

Keveak
2008-10-18, 08:56 AM
So she told a lie. Because that never happens ever. I mean, seriously, a person telling a lie? Inconceivable!

okay now Keveaks gonna bomb all of you:annoyed:. but a threat is normally not a lie unless you are evil so Roka is evil.:amused: actually I'm just gonna bomb you

Keveak
2008-10-18, 08:59 AM
Keveak, a :smallfurious: simley is not something to throw around lightly. Seriously, take a schill pill or something. Whatever it is.

NEVER. and I was angry but now I'm calm and am gonna make a backstory for my character as soon as he gets the amulet.

Calamity
2008-10-18, 08:59 AM
okay now Keveaks gonna bomb all of you:annoyed:. but a threat is normally not a lie unless you are evil so Roka is evil.:amused:

Lies are not Evil. They're Chaotic, mostly. It depends on the extent of the lie. But from her actions we've seen so far, Roka is Neutral at worst.

Also, try do that. It'll only end badly for you.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 09:00 AM
Okay, now Keveak's gonna bomb all of you. But a threat is normally not a lie unless you are evil, so Roka is evil.

Use grammer! And stop using the faces! When you do it too often and without meaning it's annoying! :smallmad:

Keveak
2008-10-18, 09:02 AM
Lies are not Evil. They're Chaotic.

Also, try do that. It'll only end badly for you.

to do what you threated somebody with even when they did what you wanned to is evil. also I was gonna bomb you and Q only and non-cannon

Calamity
2008-10-18, 09:04 AM
to do what you threated somebody with even when they did what you wanned to is evil. also I was gonna bomb you and Q only and non-cannon

Your character was already dead! He doesn't exactly need his head anymore.

Keveak
2008-10-18, 09:07 AM
Your character was already dead! He doesn't exactly need his head anymore.
Its about principles. How would you have it in that situation?

Szilard
2008-10-18, 09:23 AM
I would have had my body blow up the moment I died, Unless I knew I had any chance of being rezzed.

Calamity
2008-10-18, 09:23 AM
Its about principles. How would you have it in that situation?

I wouldn't be able to care, because I'd be dead.

Keveak
2008-10-18, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't be able to care, because I'd be dead.

I mean if it happened to one of you characters (szilard would do as I did)

Szilard
2008-10-18, 09:27 AM
I mean if it happened to one of you characters (szilard would do as I did)

No... Your dude had a sigel activated only if his head was screwed off. As soon as I'm at -10, my whole body would blow up. Of course, none of my characters have the means to do so, except maybe Sorcerer Lich Dude.

Keveak
2008-10-18, 09:33 AM
No... Your dude had a sigel activated only if his head was screwed off. As soon as I'm at -10, my whole body would blow up. Of course, none of my characters have the means to do so, except maybe Sorcerer Lich Dude.

sort of the same but the sigil would activate if somebody exept his friends touched his corpse

Szilard
2008-10-18, 09:38 AM
What friends?:smalltongue:

I would rather have the guy who killed me die in an explosion than risk the chance that he would get away because he didn't touch my body.
Also, why/how would anyone be specified a friend or foe.

Also, how did your bard/wizard die from one hit with a halberd or whatever? can't have dealt too much damage.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 09:43 AM
Also, how did your bard/wizard die from one hit with a halberd or whatever? can't have dealt too much damage.

A bard/wizard sounds like a pretty weak class combo when it comes to getting stabbed with anything. Plus, there is a possibility that he was a low level guy, unlike everybody else in ABR. :smalltongue:

Keveak
2008-10-18, 09:44 AM
What friends?:smalltongue:

I would rather have the guy who killed me die in an explosion than risk the chance that he would get away because he didn't touch my body.
Also, why/how would anyone be specified a friend or foe.

well he didn't have a spell doing that. his friends are Keveak, Bill and Duaf(he aint in any comics). he has been starving and tortured for weeks so his hp was low plus the halberd was magical

EDIT: can we end it now he's gone and will not come back (just a suggestion(not the spell))

Szilard
2008-10-18, 09:47 AM
A soldier with a magical halberd, and torture... It seems plausible of course, but somewhat ridiculous.

Where was he tortoured (and how long) (And how did he escape), and would threeshades give magic weapons to her soldiers?

Keveak
2008-10-18, 10:00 AM
A soldier with a magical halberd, and torture... It seems plausible of course, but somewhat ridiculous.

Where was he tortoured (and how long) (And how did he escape), and would threeshades give magic weapons to her soldiers?

it was an executer he was going to execute him of course his weapon is magical.

T-O-E
2008-10-18, 10:06 AM
Too... Many... Plot-holes... :smallfurious:

Also, use the edit button, don't double post.

Szilard
2008-10-18, 10:08 AM
Who's double posting now?:smallconfused:

Executioner? With a glaive or whatever? Heavy axe would be best, or a good sword.

Fawkes
2008-10-18, 10:40 AM
Ok, now I really like Roka.

Keveak, quit whining.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-10-18, 10:43 AM
So can anybody tell me what I missed the 30-some pages of the last discussion thread?

...Please?

Szilard
2008-10-18, 10:45 AM
So can anybody tell me what I missed the 30-some pages of the last discussion thread?

...Please?

We wanted to burn through it in a week, so we did.

Wreckingrocc
2008-10-18, 10:47 AM
Many things:
1. Threeshades cannot afford/does not trust her soldiers enough to have all of them carry magic equipment. It is rare; the only reason adventurers carry it is because they are so frickin' rich. Think about dragons. They horde all the gold their kobolds mine and have tons of money. If an adventurer kills a dragon (which many cannot), they get all of that money, They are rich.

2. Keveak is double posting.

3. Keveak is not using proper grammar.

4. Keveak is not reading the archive and does not understand the setting. I've noticed that over half of his intended canon comics are now non-canon. At least think of plausibility before you post. You've changed your backstory at least 5 times, and you keep doing strange things. I wouldn't want to deliver an amulet to a stranger if their head blew up in my hands. 3S, throw the amulet into the garbage compactor.

5. Icedragons, I'm sure the Vendetta would have some measure of detect invisibility; the creaters are clearly very thoughful and consider every possibility. It's probably heat sensors, wind sensors, magic sensors, light sensors, and all that stuff. It'd probably be pretty hard to fool. Maybe if you used an aerodynamic wafer-thin air-temperature mundane ship, you could get in. You'd have to not be using any magic on yourself, though, and you'd have to be tiny.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-10-18, 10:50 AM
That's all?:smallconfused:

Fawkes
2008-10-18, 10:53 AM
KP posted Guinoid stats and I dropped some info about the Cataclysm, but I think you were back for that.

We talked about music, cartoons, TF2, and such at different points in time.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-10-18, 10:55 AM
Ok. I've got it now.

EDIT: Does anybody have an idea for a banner that I can make with puppetmaster in it?

Also, why is Shades of Gray dressed as me?

BRC
2008-10-18, 10:59 AM
KP posted Guinoid stats and I dropped some info about the Cataclysm, but I think you were back for that.

We talked about music, cartoons, TF2, and such at different points in time.
and I returned with a new character!

_Puppetmaster_
2008-10-18, 11:00 AM
I saw that, I've read the art thread already.:smallsmile:

Fawkes
2008-10-18, 11:00 AM

Halloween.

And BRC came back.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-10-18, 11:01 AM
Okay, and I noticed.

Szilard
2008-10-18, 11:02 AM
Ok. I've got it now.

EDIT: Does anybody have an idea for a banner that I can make with puppetmaster in it?

Trick or treat week. Kinda.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-18, 11:09 AM
I figured it was about time we added the statistics to the wiki, so stats for the Guinoids and Plotgoblins (With a link to the Plot Guard class) have been added to their respective pages.

T-O-E
2008-10-18, 11:18 AM
3. Keveak is not using proper grammar.

Excuseable, English isn't his first language and he's only recently learned it.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-18, 11:21 AM

I'm reasonably certain most human languages capitalise the first word of a sentence.

Mad Mask
2008-10-18, 11:22 AM

Does the Danish language use capitals ?

Hyozo
2008-10-18, 11:25 AM
Wrong. The Vendetta has blindsense receptors. Those work exactly like the blindsense ability.

Blindsense (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#blindsightAndBlindsense) isn't perfect, and it usually doesn't have a very long range. I think it would be reasonable for my character to make it on board, although probably with some damage.

Shades of Gray
2008-10-18, 11:32 AM
Latin only capitalizes names. I love my high school Latin course...

The Gremlin
2008-10-18, 11:47 AM
Latin only capitalizes names. I love my high school Latin course...

Of course! Keveak only speaks Latin! It's so clear now! :smallbiggrin:
Seriously, Keveak, Threeshades's comic is funny. You're the one who killed the guy, and stole her singing entrance, so you should face the consequences.
Also, have a look at Rule 11, Rule 9, Rule 10 and Rule 6 in the art thread. Ahem:

Rule 6: NO SHOWBOATING! in Improv every member is trying to make the rest of the ensamble look good, not to try to make themselves look good. You can still do awsome things, but don't completally overshadow everybody else.

Rule 9: Don't finish lethal or incredibly dehabilitating attacks against other PC's, start them and give the other person a chance to react, its not "I cut your head off", its "I try to cut your head off", it's up to them whether or not you succeed.

Rule 10: accept weakness, we are not all superman, we are not all invincible, its no fun if nobody loses anything.

Rule 11: Get over yourself, there are other people in this plot to, so don't plan more then one post ahead and then get mad when people don't feel like going with what you want them to do, I don't care how awesome it seems.
@TND; Love the comic! I think that Rorka or whatever her name is should have only been dealt the minimum (7 damage) :smallbiggrin:

Wreckingrocc
2008-10-18, 11:51 AM
:smallbiggrin:

Fawkes
2008-10-18, 12:39 PM
Keveak is not reading the archive and does not understand the setting. I've noticed that over half of his intended canon comics are now non-canon. At least think of plausibility before you post. You've changed your backstory at least 5 times, and you keep doing strange things. I wouldn't want to deliver an amulet to a stranger if their head blew up in my hands. 3S, throw the amulet into the garbage compactor.

I agrees.

Also, funny comic. Roka looks pretty beat up, though.:smallconfused:

Wreckingrocc
2008-10-18, 12:41 PM
Also, funny comic. Roka looks pretty beat up, though.:smallconfused:

I tried to make it look cartoony, where the explosion gets them right in the face. A lot of her clothes and hair are/is burned, and her skin, clothing, and hair is now black.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-10-18, 01:30 PM
she looks like a drow who is dressed in gray.

Keveak
2008-10-18, 02:28 PM
Four things, one acording to rule 9 "Don't finish lethal or incredibly dehabilitating attacks against other PC's, start them and give the other person a chance to react, its not "I cut your head off", its "I try to cut your head off", it's up to them whether or not you succeed" she just cut of his head she didn't tried to. Two the head explode she can't just take it.
Three sorry:frown: but please deliver the amulet (why not you get bonus XP) else you won't hear my backstory. four I only changed backstory once.

*hands out "sorry" cookies*

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-18, 02:30 PM
Four things, one acording to rule 9 "Don't finish lethal or incredibly dehabilitating attacks against other PC's, start them and give the other person a chance to react, its not "I cut your head off", its "I try to cut your head off", it's up to them whether or not you succeed" she just cut of his head she didn't tried to. Two the head explode she can't just take it.
Three sorry:frown: but please deliver the amulet (why not you get bonus XP) else you won't hear my backstory. four I only changed backstory once.

*hads out "sorry" cookies*

Cutting the head off of a dead body is not a "lethal or incredibly dehabilitating attack" though.

The head can go anywhere she wants, the amulet is what you want.

Keveak
2008-10-18, 02:34 PM
Cutting the head off of a dead body is not a "lethal or incredibly dehabilitating attack" though.

The head can go anywhere she wants, the amulet is what you want.

ain't it a fantasy setting (no internet) but fine she can have it, buuut Keveak was his friend so gotta get upset, just saying

EDIT: *hands Lying a cookie*

Mad Mask
2008-10-18, 03:14 PM
ain't it a fantasy setting (no internet)

Fantasy does not imply a Middle Ages understanding of technology. It is plausible that Internet does, in fact, exist in Avbaroy.

EDIT: *hands Lying a cookie*

You should know that "giving" virtual cookies over and over accomplishes nothing (and can get quite annoying).

Also: punctuate your phrases, please. Unless you are a Latin-speaking time-traveller who just arrived in our century and recently learned English, you should have learned where to put capital letters.

Threeshades
2008-10-18, 03:16 PM

I was gonna deliver it. I figured you wouldn't care much about a dead body's head

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 03:20 PM
And now, for something completely unrelated to the discussion going on:

Holy mother of crap! My neighbors just put up a giant, inflatable Nameless on their lawn! I have to look at Nameless every time I leave the house! :smalleek:

Threeshades
2008-10-18, 03:23 PM
And now, for something completely unrelated to the discussion going on:

Holy mother of crap! My neighbors just put up a giant, inflatable Nameless on their lawn! I have to look at Nameless every time I leave the house! :smalleek:

:smalleek: Why would they do that?

My neighbors cut down all the trees concealing their desolate garden and gave me a really unpleasant view on their whirlpool. :smallannoyed:

And their building something. I think is going to be some kind of sauna or something. I dont like it, whatever it's going to be. It's probably just gaining me even more unpleasant views. :smallfrown:

FFF canon:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q281/iceddragons/comics/VendettaThePreparationv2.png

FFF canon unless 3s says otherwise:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q281/iceddragons/comics/VendettaTheApproachv2.png

Note: the orange effect near the end is the same as the one from my previous comic. it is not an explosion or any other sort of attack on the vendetta

What's the explosion for then? If you want to blast your way inside the ship, that would be pretty stupid because you're pretty close to the garbage chute.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 03:27 PM
:smalleek: Why would they do that?

Probably for Halloween. Death is a pretty normal lawn ornament these days.

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-18, 03:30 PM

Yup, loads of people get stabbed in my front yard each Halloween.

Threeshades
2008-10-18, 03:30 PM

I think I'm going to put up a huge green shirt Q just to confuse everyone this halloween.

memnarch
2008-10-18, 03:32 PM
Finally! I'm done with my Eagle project. :smallsmile::smallcool::smallbiggrin:

Fantasy does not imply a Middle Ages understanding of technology. It is plausible that Internet does, in fact, exist in Avbaroy.

The Internet probably exists, but not as we know it. (example for cellphones) (http://www.remembercomic.co.uk/Archive/C106.html)

@/\; :smallbiggrin:

_Puppetmaster_
2008-10-18, 03:34 PM
Finally! I'm done with my Eagle project. :smallsmile::smallcool::smallbiggrin:

Congradulations! What'd you do?

Lyinginbedmon
2008-10-18, 03:35 PM
The Internet probably exists, but not as we know it. (example for cellphones) (http://www.remembercomic.co.uk/Archive/C106.html)

I knew that would come up.

Yay! I'm a reliable source! :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 03:40 PM
I think I'm going to put up a huge green shirt Q just to confuse everyone this halloween.

Best Halloween lawn decoration ever! :smallbiggrin:

memnarch
2008-10-18, 03:42 PM
I did some landscaping at a local middle school; added three garden areas edged with bullet edgers (http://www.gertens.com/shop/images/I701.jpg), dug out the overgrown garden that was already there, and replaced it with sod from the areas that I added. :smallsmile:

Threeshades
2008-10-18, 03:43 PM
I did some landscaping at a local middle school; added three garden areas edged with bullet edgers (http://www.gertens.com/shop/images/I701.jpg), dug out the overgrown garden that was already there, and replaced it with sod from the areas that I added. :smallsmile:

we used to have those. They were awesome!

The Gremlin
2008-10-18, 03:43 PM

*Throws up cookie and makes Keveak deliver it to other annoying god-modder so that Kev can hear my backstory, which likely involves more god-modding*
*Makes cookie explode right in Kev's face, dealing him 7d6 damage*
*Puts up Xykon smilies*
:xykon: I knew that'd explode
:smallannoyed:
Kev, do you expect her, a Neutral (if not Chaotic Neutral)character, to deliver something for your character if you made his body explode in what seems to me like an obnoxious, amateur tantrum against people who won't follow some newbie's railroad tracks?
Forgive me for being rude, but I'm sick of your god-modding and over-poweredness and insistence that 'you're only 10th level'. It's about time someone says this to you, in my opinion. Read the archive. Let other people shine and make jokes at your expense once in a while. Or just stop making comics here and start your own webcomic where you don't have to worry about other people's feelings. :smallannoyed:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 03:45 PM
(Long speech)

I personally think that's a tad too harsh. Keveak didn't really do anything that bad. :smallfrown:

memnarch
2008-10-18, 03:46 PM
*annoyed stuff*

Ah, give him a break. I mean, telling him off is fine, but I think the wall of text is a bit much.

_Puppetmaster_
2008-10-18, 03:47 PM

Nice. I'll bet they were happy.:smallsmile:

The Gremlin
2008-10-18, 03:47 PM
I personally think that's a tad too harsh. Keveak didn't really do anything that bad. :smallfrown:

Sorry, I just really needed to vent. I don't regret anything I said, though.
@Icedragons; The comic I did was in the past. It was meant to explain why The Gremlin was able to cast high-level spells again and why the heck Arendil was there. It was done while you were fighting Bill.

memnarch
2008-10-18, 03:49 PM
Nice. I'll bet they were happy.:smallsmile:

Who, the school or the volunteers? :smalltongue:

Yeah, the principal was quite pleased with how it turned out.

The Gremlin
2008-10-18, 03:50 PM
Mechafox, are you gonna update the archive anytime soon?

Keveak
2008-10-18, 03:55 PM
Sorry Gremlin. Its non-cannon now I'm gonna stop making comics for a while for two reasons. 1 to see what others are doing (and I can't get any good ideas right now). 2 I have other things to do. And don't be mad I hate when people gets mad especially when they are cats:frown:

Almighty Salmon
2008-10-18, 03:56 PM
Hey, Q. You know Leroy stopped just saying his name a long time ago, right? :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 03:58 PM
Hey, Q. You know Leroy stopped just saying his name a long time ago, right? :smalltongue:

I don't, actually. He did?

memnarch
2008-10-18, 03:58 PM
To the archives!

Keveak
2008-10-18, 03:59 PM

It could be stress or the water (its like thin air for him that makes most people dizzy)

Hyozo
2008-10-18, 04:00 PM
What's the explosion for then? If you want to blast your way inside the ship, that would be pretty stupid because you're pretty close to the garbage chute.

From directly below the comic in question:

Note: the orange effect near the end is the same as the one from my previous comic. it is not an explosion or any other sort of attack on the vendetta

I am going in through the garbage chute.

Sorry, I just really needed to vent. I don't regret anything I said, though.
@Icedragons; The comic I did was in the past. It was meant to explain why The Gremlin was able to cast high-level spells again and why the heck Arendil was there. It was done while you were fighting Bill.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4950/bannerif5.gif

Time during that fight was messed up anyway (example: the Mordenkainen's sword running out before it even made an attack). Let's just assume you had to discuss it a bit more (or talk to him about something else) once the fight was over. Would that work?

Calamity
I don't, actually. He did?

Yeah, it happened in one of omicron's comic. During the big massive battle in the citadel en route to Salmonville.

Threeshades
FFF
http://i35.tinypic.com/k0lqg7.png

Can I roll a sense motive check for Roka?
Nevermind (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5129174&postcount=969) :smalltongue:

From directly below the comic in question:

I am going in through the garbage chute.

Time during that fight was messed up anyway (example: the Mordenkainen's sword running out before it even made an attack). Let's just assume you had to discuss it a bit more (or talk to him about something else) once the fight was over. Would that work?

Yes yes, I know it's an attack, but why would you attack it if youre going through the chute. Do you want to make the crew unnecessarily angry?

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 04:03 PM

Do you need to? Q hasn't exactly told a lie. :smallconfused:

To the archives!

Can you find it for me, please? :smallfrown:

Emperor Ing
2008-10-18, 04:04 PM

You're rolling for the wrong person. :smalltongue:

Threeshades
2008-10-18, 04:04 PM
Do you need to? Q hasn't exactly told a lie. :smallconfused:

Can you find it for me, please? :smallfrown:

Sense motive doesnt go exclusively against lies. Also against half truths and all kinds of stuff where people are trying to hide somehting.

memnarch
2008-10-18, 04:05 PM
TS; didn't he say that it wasn't an attack?

Threeshades
2008-10-18, 04:06 PM
TS; didn't he say that it wasn't an attack?

ah I missed the "not" somehow.

Three times.

Need to put ranks in spot.

Hyozo
2008-10-18, 04:06 PM
Yes yes, I know it's an attack, but why would you attack it if youre going through the chute. Do you want to make the crew unnecessarily angry?

Yes. :smallbiggrin:

No. Actually, I specifically said it was not an attack.

EDIT: Simu-ninjaed

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 04:08 PM
Sense motive doesnt go exclusively against lies. Also against half truths and all kinds of stuff where people are trying to hide somehting.

Well by all means, roll a sense motive. Why are you asking me?

Threeshades
2008-10-18, 04:08 PM
Yes. :smallbiggrin:

No. Actually, I specifically said it was not an attack.

As I said, i need ranks in spot :smallwink:

Well by all means, roll a sense motive. Why are you asking me?
Already did. It turned out a five so, whatever :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 04:11 PM
Already did. It turned out a five so, whatever :smallbiggrin:

Of course, you could "roll" a good number anyway if you want him to admit his fears. He's able to do that just fine.

Threeshades
2008-10-18, 04:14 PM
Of course, you could "roll" a good number anyway if you want him to admit his fears. He's able to do that just fine.

Nah I dont really care :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 04:15 PM
Nah I dont really care :smallbiggrin:

Why'd you ask it in the first place, then? :smallconfused:

Threeshades
2008-10-18, 04:17 PM
Why'd you ask it in the first place, then? :smallconfused:

For the heck of it mostly.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-18, 04:18 PM
For the heck of it mostly.