PDA

View Full Version : Ray: View issue?

The Giant
2003-10-18, 07:22 PM
So this is just to alert Ray:

As WampaX pointed out on one thread, some threads in the forum index are spontaneously turning into "0 views" with the last past being recorded as "N/A." I have no idea why. Also, and this might only happen to me, I'm getting threads that are long since abandoned popping up with "New!" at the bottom of the list, despite no one having posted to them in some time.

Bogotter
2003-10-19, 12:17 AM
I've had the same issue with the NEW tags showing up on old threads. That has been happening for a long time for me.

The Giant
2003-10-19, 12:24 AM
Yeah, me too, I just didn't care enough to mention it until this other thing popped up. I thought they might be related, too.

RawBearNYC
2003-10-19, 11:18 PM
I'll see if I can figure out the view issue, I hadn't noticed it.

I suspect that the "NEW" issue is a bug in YaBB. I suspect that they're mistakenly using a cookie that's expiring much too soon to keep track of New/Old status.

Programatically, it's a nightmare to track "new" status on message boards. The number of datapoints you need to keep track of raises exponentially as you get more threads and more members. So, many of these boards packages do some funky stuff with it.

Hopefully, the "new" issue will be fixed in the next upgrade of YaBB. they're working on the beta now.