PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] My attempt at stating out Rita Repulsa and her realm for D&D.

newbDM
2008-10-20, 04:41 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/1464397.png

So, yesterday my cellphone ringtone went off which is basically this which I ripped:
http://ritahot.ytmnd.com/

After I stopped the song/opening midway by picking-up the phone, all the players proceeded to finishing the opening intro as a group. After I finished the quick call I smirked, and half-thinking about it said "I wonder how I would stat her out in D&D" as I turned my attention back to my Macbook monitor. To my surprise, the players immediately started throwing out ideas. However, unfortunately for the players they forgot the golden rule of giving your DM ideas: He might actually use them! :smallbiggrin:

Now I am seriously liking the idea of introducing her into my campaign, making her a presence in my homebrewed multiverse, or perhaps making her an NPC for another later campaign or adventure.

My homebrewed material world has two moons, and one of them is very IRL Earth-like in appaears aside from some water systems, a breathable atmosphere, and some limited forms of life. After looking back on my world's notes and rereading this I realized this was absolutely perfect to have Rite, her palace, and perhaps her lackeys on here. I am not sure yet whether to put other sentient creatures here (I was originally thinking a beautiful fantasy art like style for this), but if I do then she would perhaps be the queen of this moon?

Perhaps this is not the best adversary for my current group, but perhaps I can start stating her and her retinue up for a future game. Or, I can not make her an actual or central BBEG, but perhaps an ongoing side villain/character for my games? I am about to insert Spelljammer as a big part of my homebrewed multiverse, so she can be a serious threat/power/adversary/ally/etc perhaps? Or possibily just someone I can bring out from her crater on the moon whenever I need some material, or a quick game/adventure? (I am really starting to put a lot of thought into this, and it is starting to give me a whole idea for planning out my homebrew setting/sphere and all the NPCs within it...)

Anyway, I think I will start with the first baby step for this: Stating her up.

Here is what little I have thought of so far:

She would probably be a Sorcerers I'm guessing. I have no clue what level, though. Are we talking epic here?
She would probably be human, but I am thinking of giving her the elven agelessness Elves have in my games (for unknown reasons I guess).
She would/will have a personal Spelljamming fleet, manned mostly by her Putty Patrollers. If I make it that her and her castle's population are the only inhabitants of this moon (named Luner, the other is Lunar) this will probably be a small personal fleet, which is probably well armed. If I make it as there are settlements of sentient races/creatures on the moon which she rules over, then I am thinking she would probably have a much larger fleet. Perhaps she is the only Spelljamming group in this sphere, and possibly even has trade with other spheres?
Perhaps she is merely a local monarch/queen, which serves under a more powerful sovereign who's power spans multiple spheres? (Anyone want to guess what I am talking about?)

Unique items in her possession:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/normal_VIEWINGGLOBE-mmpr1-3-648.jpg
Rita's Staff

My current ideas for how it would work:

It would have the Teleporting property. (See the Expanded Psionics Handbook. Basically, after being thrown it reappears in her hand at the start of her turn on the following round.)
It can be thrown, and has a range increment of ∞ft. (or enough feet/distance to reach from the moon to the planet's surface, and possibly neighboring worlds.)
It can cast True Resurrection upon a nearby creature within 100ft (usually after it is thrown by Rita, and lands on the world's surface) followed immediately by the Wu Jen spell from Complete Arcane, which transforms the creature to the Giant size category, instead of merely changing the creature’s size category to the next larger one.
It is able to summon 1d100 Putty Patrollers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94525). The range for this is ∞ft. (or enough feet/distance to reach from the moon to the planet's surface, and possibly neighboring worlds.).
It bestows the Enlarge Spell, Eschew Materials, Extended Spell, Maximized Spell, Silent Spell, Still Spell feats upon it's owner/user (Rita, or anyone willing to try taking it from her).

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/Bandora.jpg
Repulsascope

This item is an artifact which functions as an enhanced form of Remote Viewing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/remoteViewing.htm). It allows her (or possibly anyone using it) to not only see the surface of the world her moon orbits, but anywhere in this solar sphere (a spelljammer sphere which holds an entire isolated setting). It even allows her to view inside buildings and other shelters, although certain psionic powers and magical spells can block against this.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/d23dbe8d.png
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaqphg5X0Lo
The Monstermattic

I do not think much mechanics are needed (or can even be used for this item). It is the furnace used by Finster to make Rita's monsters and Putty Patrollers.
This would be the "special furnace" I mentioned in the Putty Patrollers' entry.
Perhaps this item could function as some form of summoning spell? But instead of summoning, it creates them from special clay?
However, if the PCs end up getting their hands on this, things could get......interesting. You know what they say about players doing/finding that 1 single thing out off 100 you did not plan for. :smalleek:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/serpenterra2.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/serpenterra.jpg
Serpenterra

No clue here. Any ideas or thoughts you guys (and gals!) can give me here would me immensely appreciated!

edited:

Someone suggested that I not include Serpenterra because it was actually Lord Zedd's item/vehicle/zord, and I kinda agree. Maybe I will just save this one for later.

Rita's Palace:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/PALCIODARAINHABANDORARITAREPULSA.jpg

My thoughts on this:

I think I can have some real fun with this using my copy of the Stronghold Builder's Guidebook.
Do any of you have any special ideas for this place? Anything in particular that can make this place more special than a simple castle/fort on the moon, or more truthful to the show?

Rita's Henchmen:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/VILESDEZYURANGER.jpg
The main Generals

Goldar:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/edc2711c.jpg

Goldar

CR: 10?

Gender/Race/Class(es): Male/Winged Catfolk/Fighter 8
Alignment/Size/Type/Subtype: CE/Medium/Monstrous Humanoid/-
Init: +10
Senses: Low-Light Vision. Listen +4, Spot +3
Languages: Common, Feline, Gnoll.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP: 48 (8HD+1hp/level)
AC: 21 (+5 Titanium Armor, +5 Dex, +1 Nat), touch 16, flat 16.
Adjustments (Fast healing, regeneration, DR, etc.):
-DR 2/-
Immunities: -
Resist: -
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3
Weaknesses: -
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed: Land 40 ft/ Fly 60 ft (Perfect)
Base Atk: +8/+3.
Grp: +10
Attack :

Gold Sword¹ [One handed] +13 (1d10+2+2+2+1/17-20 ×2 Slashing +1d8 sonic +DC 14 Fortitude save or be deafened permanently)

or

Gold Sword¹ [Two handed] +13 (1d10+3+2+2+1/17-20 ×2 Slashing +1d8 sonic +DC 14 Fortitude save or be deafened permanently)

Full Attack:

Gold Sword¹ [One handed] +13 (1d10+2+2+2+1/17-20 ×2 Slashing +1d8 sonic +DC 14 Fortitude save or be deafened permanently), and Gold Sword¹ [One handed] +8 (1d10+2+2+2+1/17-20 ×2 Slashing +1d8 sonic +DC 14 Fortitude save or be deafened permanently).

or

Gold Sword¹ [Two handed] +13 (1d10+3+2+2+1/17-20 ×2 Slashing+1d8 sonic +DC 14 Fortitude save or be deafened permanently), and Gold Sword¹ [Two handed] +8 (1d10+3+2+2+1/17-20 ×2 Slashing+1d8 sonic +DC 14 Fortitude save or be deafened permanently).

Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:

Great Flyby Attack (See Savage Species p.35)

Special Qualities: -
Def Options: -
Special Actions:

Being "grown" by Rita and her staff.

Combat gear: Gold Sword¹
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 22, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 10
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency: (Bastard Sword)ᴮ, Flyby Attack, Great Flyby Attackᴿ, Greater Weapon Focus: (Bastard Sword), Greater Weapon Specialization: (Bastard Sword)ᴮ, Improved Critical: (Bastard Sword)ᴮ, Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus: (Bastard Sword)ᴮ, Weapon Specialization: (Bastard Sword)ᴮ.
Skills: Listen +4lSpot +3l Bluff +6, Intimidate +13, Move Silently +8.
Possessions: combat gear plus --- Titanium Armor¹.
Environment: The moon Luner.
Organization: Solitary, or with gang of Putty Patrollers (6-40).
Challenge Rating: 10?
Advancement: By class levels.
Level Adjustment: +1+2 = 3
ECL: 11

Sources:
Player's HandbooklRaces of the WildlSavage Species

Notes:
ᴮ=Bonus Feat
ᴿ=Feat from Savage Species.
¹= A unique item. See below.

-I made him a Catfolk from Races of the Wild p.92.
-I used the Winged Creature template from p.137 of Savage Species. This turned him into a monstrous humanoid (this template was probably given to him by Lord Zed.
-I used the elite array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8).

Unique Items:

Gold Sword:
Gold Sword is Goldar's magical +1 Thundering Bastard Sword. It was crafted by Finster himself in Rita's Palace. As it's name suggests, Gold Sword is forged from pure gold.

Titanium Armor:
Through a complex and difficult alchemical process the genius Finster was able to combine the special properties of adamantine and mithral to create a new unique material. He named this alloy Titanium. Over the years he was eventually able to create enough titanium to forge a suit armor for one of Rita's most powerful henchmen.

This master work breastplate functions as having both the adamantine and mithral special properties. This is an exception to the rules stating that an item can only benefit from a single special material. Titanium has 40 hit points per inch of thickness and hardness 15.

{table=head]Armor | Cost |Armor/Shield Bonus | Max Dex Bonus lArmor Check Penalty | Arcane Spell Failure Chance | Speed | Weight | Special
Titanium Armor | -| +5 | +5 | -1 | 15% | 30ft | 15lb | DR 2/-
[/table]

My thoughts on this:

I believe the term Generals originates from the sentai version.
I will probably need to drop by the Homebrew Board for these baddies.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/puttypatrollers.jpg
The Putty Patrollers

My thoughts on this:

I really need to stop by the Homebrew Board for this.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/2122579102_4f0dd83c0d.jpg
Random "Monster of the Week"

My thoughts on this:

The Monster Manuals, splat books, and 3rd party books I own should cover this quite well I think. :smallbiggrin:
However, how am I going to handle these combats when/if they "grow"?! Won't increasing so many size categories boost their CR? If so, how big a boost are we talking?
I will probably need to make two versions of these guys. To save time I would take the normal versions strait from splat books, then use the MM1 rules for changing size to raze them to (???) size for when they "grow" for Rita.
What size category should they grow to?!

Some ideas, and mere random thoughts on how to incorporate this in my D&D homebrewed world/sphere (damn, I am already at the sphere level? I feel good as a real DM at the moment!):
She would probably be great for when I need a quick game/adventure, or when the players aren't really trying to go anywhere or dive into any form of plot (I run a "sandbox" style gaming world/setting/sphere). This is one of the ideas that actually started me into this, because yesterday after the phone incident one of the players mentioned a few times that his favorite monster/episode was the pizza monster. Today I realized that one of the members here was nice enough to link me to an official WotC download adventure with a Calzone Golem just a few days ago, so I already have the first battle set, which I am hoping will touch a fun/nostalgic nerve for a specific player!

Plus, all this could be a fun for whenever we just want to be silly or something on those lines.

One of the PCs is the admiral of a small ragtag fleet for a fledgling kingdom, and has spoken a few times of piracy. He is even starting to take levels in Legendary Captain from Stormwreck. I have a feeling that he will try getting his fleet spelljamming worthy when I introduce spelljamming to this until now isolated material world, so I am thinking this could put him into conflict with Rita and her fleet?

I guess the most obvious way to introduce her, and to use her would be to have her "It's time to conquer Earth!!!" (although it would be "It's time to conquer Origin!!!" in this case). However, since there is no Lordon figure the PCs would not be actively trying foil her.

Although, since the fledgling kingdom the PCs are helping with (the king and lord are retired PCs, so the PCs are nobles, admiral, and a commander) is in it's infancy and lacks any real military force, I guess it would make sense for her to start there. Start with the weakest and work your way from there? But then this won't explain why she doesn't just move on to other kingdoms/settlements/powers when the PCs foil her first attack.

Or would her moving on and actually starting to take over neighboring places actually be a good thing? Maybe I can even make this into more than an occasional adventure/joke/fun this way?

Plus, if she is the only power in this sphere with Spellhjammer knowledge, won't this make her a significant threat to any power.nation? Could this also be the case if I make her of the small fleet/only rules over a small castle of followers level, or would she reduced to a mere pirate like threat in this case (think Dark Elder maybe?)?

I really don't want this to be a one time thing, and I would like it to be a recurring thing starting from this group and continuing to future groups on this "setting" of mine.

I wish my mother hadn't thrown away by beloved Power Rangers toys and stuff as a kid. I knew they would be useful again! :smallfrown:

My pathetic humble plea for help:

If any of you have any ideas, thoughts, advice, additions, already made stuff, comments, complaints, whatever, etc, etc please let me know. Even if you just want to say something, or talk about this great show of the (sadly now) past please feel free to post!

And I wish to pay respects to the original actress of Rita Repulsa:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/fe43ec9ade1821e561552a4b3a2ca99e.jpg

It's stuff like this which makes me wish I believed in an afterlife. However, I hope that I am wrong, and that she is where she wanted to be and happy! :smallfrown:

I just hope I can do her justice in my games, and keep her memory alive!

newbDM
2008-10-20, 04:44 AM
p.s. Damn, I did not think I would get so in-depth with this. I guess this was something I really wanted to do...

p.s.2 If any of you know the origin of the first drawn image PLEASE let me know! I found it randomly on an image board, so I have been dying to know.

OverdrivePrime
2008-10-20, 09:47 AM
Wow, pretty awesome. My first thoughts: the Staff.
Instead of homebrewing an enlarge person, you can simply use the Giant Size wu-jen spell from Complete Arcane. 1/day the staff can hit a creature targeted with heal ('cause c'mon, they're never dead, just on the ropes or unconscious) as well as the Giant Size spell. The creature jumps up to colossal size. Maybe the creature gets hit with incite rage or something similar as well because their tactics are never as good when they're huge.

Tengu_temp
2008-10-20, 09:52 AM
Man, if this was Mutants & Masterminds it'd be much easier to help you - but in DND, this requires the knowledge of splatbooks beyond my access. Or heavy homebrewing.

newbDM
2008-10-20, 10:13 AM
Wow, pretty awesome.

Why, shucks, thanks! :smallbiggrin:

My first thoughts: the Staff.
Instead of homebrewing an enlarge person, you can simply use the Giant Size wu-jen spell from Complete Arcane. 1/day the staff can hit a creature targeted with heal ('cause c'mon, they're never dead, just on the ropes or unconscious) as well as the Giant Size spell. The creature jumps up to colossal size. Maybe the creature gets hit with incite rage or something similar as well because their tactics are never as good when they're huge.

Hmm, I'll have to look into that Complete Arcane spell. I am not a big fan of arcane, so I haven't looked into said book yet.

And I would agree with the never really dead part once Disney took over. :smallamused:

Is incite rage a spell?

And how big of a CR increase are we talking here for when it comes to planning encounters?

And thank you for the help so far! :smallsmile:

Man, if this was Mutants & Masterminds it'd be much easier to help you - but in DND, this requires the knowledge of splatbooks beyond my access. Or heavy homebrewing.

Well, I have a feeling that heavy homebrewing will be unavoidable in this case, so feel free to speak/homebrew your mind. :smallsmile:

Oslecamo
2008-10-20, 10:22 AM
Wow this is truly an epic work.

I would sugest making her a gestalt sorcerer/cleric or sorceror/psion

Give her divine metamagic for all that metamagic runing around.

Her staff makes the touched creature receive the effect of an extended Giant Size(Wu jen spell), wich makes the subject turn gargantuan and with huge bonus strenght and stuff. Hand wave the infinite range and precision.

Putty Patrolers don't need that many work. They're simply medium humanoid monster wich has been feat optimized to have a good chance to hit but deal little damage. Something like sun elf warriors with weapon finesse and improved unarmed strike.

The henchmen...Crap, I can't even remember what they exactly did.

Starbuck_II
2008-10-20, 10:38 AM
Are the PCs going to have mechs?

Have you seen DragonMech d20? They are a D&D with mechs (they do it with a really cool way).
Just like your idea the moon is the enemy (well evil lunar dragons but whatevar).

So Serpenterra could be one of the Steam Mechs.

Although, since the fledgling kingdom the PCs are helping with (the king and lord are retired PCs, so the PCs are nobles, admiral, and a commander) is in it's infancy and lacks any real military force, I guess it would make sense for her to start there. Start with the weakest and work your way from there? But then this won't explain why she doesn't just move on to other kingdoms/settlements/powers when the PCs foil her first attack.

Strangely, this was a Power Rangers plot. For serious.

It was when the Rangers fought the Demon army when Disney took over the series on ABC. And the Demons did actually die when killed.

I can't remember what the show was called at the time.

So for her ":generals":
We have Baboo (Money/Bat?) Alchemist/Item Creator: he invented a time machine and a monsters sword once.
Squat (Blue Hobgoblin), Spy/stealthy guy. A coward.
Goldar (intelligent monkey in golden armor/sword; he lost his wings but Lord Zedd Regenerated them),

Scorpina, She had a returning sword. She seems to be part Scorpian/human. When enlarged she turned into a monsterous form.

and the inventor: Finster.
Finister created the stuff. Like putter producer.

And according to Wikipedia, Rita repulsa survived (well, she is assumed to surgive that too) until Power Rangers Mystic Force.

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-20, 10:44 AM
But, you know, M&M is great for Super Sentai. You should totally buy it and play it with your players.

Fishy
2008-10-20, 11:08 AM
Plus, if she is the only power in this sphere with Spellhjammer knowledge, won't this make her a significant threat to any power.nation? Could this also be the case if I make her of the small fleet/only rules over a small castle of followers level, or would she reduced to a mere pirate like threat in this case (think Dark Elder maybe?)?

Well, in the Real World, spaceflight makes you the big dog. Once you get to Low Earth Orbit, you can just drop rocks, and there's basically no defense against that. And then, if someone keeps a significant amount of their resources in one location, they have to do what you say or you'll turn it into a crater.

D&D, of course, is a world with divinations, teleportation and force fields, so there might be a way around orbital assault, but she'd definitely warp the balance of power something fierce.

Waspinator
2008-10-20, 12:22 PM
I second Dragonmech. Even if you don't want to give the PCs robots, it'd be useful to use those rules to design her 'bot.

Ascension
2008-10-20, 12:26 PM
Doom Striders also does d20 mecha well.

newbDM
2008-10-20, 12:48 PM
Wow this is truly an epic work.

Thanks. :smallredface:

I would sugest making her a gestalt sorcerer/cleric or sorceror/psion

Why exactly?

Her staff makes the touched creature receive the effect of an extended Giant Size(Wu jen spell), wich makes the subject turn gargantuan and with huge bonus strenght and stuff. Hand wave the infinite range and precision.

OK, that's two for that Complete Arcane spell. I will try dropping by my local gaming store today to see it.

Does it provide a CR adjustment?

And yeah, I guess that is kinda what I did with the ∞ft. range increment.

W
Putty Patrolers don't need that many work. They're simply medium humanoid monster wich has been feat optimized to have a good chance to hit but deal little damage. Something like sun elf warriors with weapon finesse and improved unarmed strike.

I see.

What about a 1HD construct, with a single level of warrior, the weapon finesse feat, and the improved unarmed feat?

Or what about a single level of monk instead of warrior?

p.s. Oh, and guess what I just realized I own like 20-30 off (yay psionics!):
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/72GoL20MediumAstralConstruct.jpg

I also have 3 of these incase they can be useful:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/18.jpg

Are the PCs going to have mechs?

No, I think that will be a big issue with making them grow. It would be too much at that point, and it would be difficult to explain why the PCs don't get access to them unless they just happen to be getting attacked by you-know-who.

Again, there will be no Zordon figure. I plan on saving just in case I ever decide to run a full adventure/campaign out of this.

Plus, as I move from group to group over time, I would need to do the whole season change, blow up the old ones, get a new, team, etc. I really dislike the fact that each season the zords get destroyed, both for predictability and sentimentality. However, I believe the sentai versions always come back eventually, so sicne the US show is based of that I'm happy knowing they'll be OK. :smallsmile:

Just like your idea the moon is the enemy (well evil lunar dragons but whatevar).

Um, what?

Have you seen DragonMech d20? They are a D&D with mechs (they do it with a really cool way).

No, that one has gone under my radar. It seems like something I'd rally like, though. I'll see if I can find a copy on ebay.

Strangely, this was a Power Rangers plot. For serious.

It was when the Rangers fought the Demon army when Disney took over the series on ABC. And the Demons did actually die when killed.

Light Speed Rescue I believe? I need to finish catching up on that. I stopped watching after near the start of Turbo. I started again when Tommy came back on Dinothunder, and I have been watching and trying to catch up ever since.

So for her ":generals":
We have Baboo (Money/Bat?) Alchemist/Item Creator: he invented a time machine and a monsters sword once.
Squat (Blue Hobgoblin), Spy/stealthy guy. A coward.
Goldar (intelligent monkey in golden armor/sword; he lost his wings but Lord Zedd Regenerated them),

Scorpina, She had a returning sword. She seems to be part Scorpian/human. When enlarged she turned into a monsterous form.

and the inventor: Finster.
Finister created the stuff. Like putter producer.

Dude, thank you! You just jumpstarted some old brain cells full of cherished memories. Now their roles are coming back to me. I remembered Finster quite well, and his inventions and furnace. I remember all Goldar was the main muscle enforcer of the bunch (probably some kind of devil with fighter levels?). And I remembered the rest, but I did not recall their roles very well.

And according to Wikipedia, Rita repulsa survived (well, she is assumed to surgive that too) until Power Rangers Mystic Force.

Yeah, I saw that. It turns out she was the one providing the new rangers with their power this time. I had tears during those two episodes. Then I had tears again a little bit later when I learned that she had died shortly after filming those episodes. I really wish I could have tanked her for that. :smallfrown:

Damn, now I am starting to think that I can't, and shouldn't do this.

Well, in the Real World, spaceflight makes you the big dog. Once you get to Low Earth Orbit, you can just drop rocks, and there's basically no defense against that. And then, if someone keeps a significant amount of their resources in one location, they have to do what you say or you'll turn it into a crater.

D&D, of course, is a world with divinations, teleportation and force fields, so there might be a way around orbital assault, but she'd definitely warp the balance of power something fierce.

Well, I run very low-magic, with psionics being more common, but still highly limited and restricted/cotrolled/taught by very few. She is going to be second, and only other arcane spellcaster in the whole sphere aside from a single dragon, who current has his own "restrictions". Fluffwise at least, I am going to have to make her a weakling in comparison to other "true arcane casters" (as I call them in my games). I was thinking of plot-wise make it so her powers have been reduced/weakened/taken by someone (or something), which would explain why she wouldn't just drop down and take the planet as if it were nothing. I am also thinking of having this explain why her staff is so powerful, and has all those metemagic feat abilities. Her staff would be acting as a sort of crutch until she (*incoming cliche torp*) is able to "regain her true power!".

But getting back to the fleet(s) and it's significant power. Would tis also be the case if I go the small handfull of ships route? Maybe like 3-12 or so I guess?

OverdrivePrime
2008-10-20, 01:04 PM
OK, that's two for that Complete Arcane spell. I will try dropping by my local gaming store today to see it.

It's a nice 7th level spell. It's normally a 'self only' spell, but I think this is the perfect situation for it to be transferred to a recipient.
There is no CR adjustment since spell effects don't usually do that, but since the characters aren't actually fighting Rita, just one of her goons, I think this is a great situation for the CR Adjustment for Improving Monsters section of the SRD to be called into play (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#sizeIncreases).

Size increased to Large or larger +1 to CR
Monster’s ability scores based on elite array1 +1 to CR
Monster possesses special attacks or qualities that significantly improve combat effectiveness +2 to CR
Monster possesses special attacks or qualities that improve combat effectiveness in a minor way +1 to CR
Personally, I'd probably go with a +3 to CR. Not only is the monster going to be absolutely massive, but it'll be much more combat effective due to its enhanced strength and durability.

'Course Andross could still take the thing out without the need of any zord assistance, but that's because he's über. :D

Thane of Fife
2008-10-20, 03:06 PM
I suspect you know all of this, but here's a list of villains, with lists of monsters as well:

Power Rangers Central (http://www.rangercentral.com/mmpr-villains.htm)

Completely incidentally, looking through that website has alerted me to the fact that a large number of previously unidentified action figures I own are apparently Power Rangers villains.

Good to know.

newbDM
2008-10-20, 03:40 PM
It's a nice 7th level spell. It's normally a 'self only' spell, but I think this is the perfect situation for it to be transferred to a recipient.
There is no CR adjustment since spell effects don't usually do that, but since the characters aren't actually fighting Rita, just one of her goons, I think this is a great situation for the CR Adjustment for Improving Monsters section of the SRD to be called into play (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#sizeIncreases).

Thanks for pointing me to that link. I believe I missed it when I read the increasing/reducing sizes of creatures entry in my MM1, or I simply for got about it. Great info to know.

Personally, I'd probably go with a +3 to CR. Not only is the monster going to be absolutely massive, but it'll be much more combat effective due to its enhanced strength and durability.

Thanks a ton! I was scratching my head for a bit after following the link wondering how to adjust the CR for multiple levels increased. For some unknown reason I was thinking of trying just adding +1 for each increase, but now I have an experienced bases to compare it, and future rules alterations to.

I suspect you know all of this, but here's a list of villains, with lists of monsters as well:

Power Rangers Central (http://www.rangercentral.com/mmpr-villains.htm)

Completely incidentally, looking through that website has alerted me to the fact that a large number of previously unidentified action figures I own are apparently Power Rangers villains.

Good to know.

Thank you for the link. It will really come in handy for trying to match splatbook monsters to those from the episodes.

Also, if you have some newly found Power Rangers toys please, please don't toss them out like so many have done. This is why something so common everywhere a decade ago is now "rare" and "collectible".

As a collector of things (not "pristine" things, just things I want to give a new home), and a Power Rangers fan at 22 I beg you to try finding those a good home when you finally decide to trash them. I always search for them (and some other series) when I go to flee markets and garage sales, and I have not found much at all. Put them on ebay, so that way you get some cash, and you know anyone buying that stuff on ebay is a collector.

Oslecamo
2008-10-20, 04:21 PM
Why exactly?

Because she's the final BBEG and she does lots of stuff, so a gestalt character helps you a lot to put all the abilities. Cleric unlocks delicious divine metamagic so she can shoot quickened high level spells and persist buffs and psion is great for flashy damage effects.

Nah, it's normally a 10 minute buff, but like said above, melee enemies will get that much tougher. Bear in mind it loses Dexterity and the will save will be unchanged and it's still just one monster, so I think +3 CR is too much. I would use +1/+2 depending on the party. Make sure to give him combat reflexes to make the most of the extended melee reach.

I see.

What about a 1HD construct, with a single level of warrior, the weapon finesse feat, and the improved unarmed feat?

Or what about a single level of monk instead of warrior?

Construct monks? Sounds great! Specially because the monk boosts the saves, making it harder for all of them to go down at the same time for the first area of effect the wizard throws.

Remember weapon focus allows for an extra +1 to hit and you could say their fists are masterwork for another +1.

What level is the party starting again? You need to make those carefully so they have enough hit bonus they can reliably hit the party.

p.s. Oh, and guess what I just realized I own like 20-30 off (yay psionics!):
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/72GoL20MediumAstralConstruct.jpg

I also have 3 of these incase they can be useful:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/18.jpg

Yep those look good.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-10-20, 04:46 PM
I also offer encouragement to pick up Doom Striders. I cannot voice enough support for that book.

newbDM
2008-10-21, 01:42 PM
http://www.goodman-games.com/dragonmech.html

This Dragonmech stuff seems pretty interesting.

However, for now can anyone please tell me which book I should get for this situation? If I end up liking it, I will save some cash for the others latter.

I am also trying to find Doomstriders on ebay at the moment.

newbDM
2008-10-21, 08:39 PM
Well, I am finally going to roll up my sleeves and attempt to stat some of these out.

Here is my go at the Putties:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5150044#post5150044

newbDM
2008-10-23, 11:00 PM
Well, I have finally bought a copy of Doom Striders online. Should be getting it within a week or so.

Woudl still like some advice as to which dragonmech book I should get.

newbDM
2008-10-25, 01:12 AM
Well, in case anyone is interested in doing something similar (if not I am simply updating so I have all my info in a thread I can look up when needed) I found the following site with listings and pictures of all the monsters in the series:

http://www.grnrngr.com/monsters/mc-index.html

Here are my thoughts on equatable monsters from WotC splat books:

http://www.grnrngr.com/monsters/pictures/zyu01.JPG
"The Giant"

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm2_gallery/88268_620_35.jpg
Dread Guard
Medium construct
Hit Dice: 5
Alignment: N
Environment: Any Land/Underground
Home plane: Material
Challenge Rating: 2
Found in Monster Manual II, page 87

Notes:

I don't remember this episode much, but I am thinking this would work nicely based on the above image.
The CR also seems appropriate, since I believe this was from the first episode.

http://www.grnrngr.com/monsters/pictures/zyu02.JPG
"Bones"

Notes:

Damn. I still have this toy in my closet. I am glad to know his name again. :smallsmile:
I think for this one I will simply use a fighter specialized in sword fighting with enough class levels to be a challenge for the party. Then I will apply the MM1 skeleton template, or perhaps the Libris Mortis necropalitain template. If not I can use the improved skeletons from Libris Mortis.
If I am remembering this episode correctly (it has been like 15 years, yet I can still remember scenes!) his swordsman skills were it's big thing, and I believe it had a sword battle with the megazord. So swordsman feats and possibly a special sword could be nice for this.

http://www.grnrngr.com/monsters/pictures/zyu03.JPG

"Mighty Minotaur"

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG189a.jpg
Minotaur
Large monstrous humanoid
Hit Dice: 6
Alignment: CE
Environment: Any Underground
Challenge Rating: 4
Found in System Reference Document (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/minotaur.htm)

Notes:

It's weapon seems to be something between a mace and a morning star. Give it a morning star due to piercing damage.
Give it a heavy steel shield.
This one was easy.

http://www.grnrngr.com/monsters/pictures/zyu05.JPG

"King Sphinx"

?????????

Notes:

No clue where to even start here. Hopefully Disney is still rerunning the show, so I can watch it again for this one.

http://www.grnrngr.com/monsters/pictures/pudgypig.JPG
"Pudgy Pig"

Notes:

I still have this toy too! :smallbiggrin:
If I remember correctly, he swallowed things whole.
I think I will make him an anthropomorphic (from Savage Species (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/881580000)) pig, with a swallowed whole ability.
I am going to need to stat this one out in the Homebrew board.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is kind of late here. I will pick this up again tomorrow.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-25, 01:14 AM
http://www.grnrngr.com/monsters/pictures/zyu05.JPGWinged Catfolk with class levels. Or an evil half-celestial Catfolk with class levels.

newbDM
2008-10-28, 05:24 AM
Winged Catfolk with class levels. Or an evil half-celestial Catfolk with class levels.

Thank you! That is genius.

Plus, you just gave me an idea as how to work out Goldar. :smallbiggrin:

Here is my attempt at it:

Notes:

I amazingly managed to find the video of it on Youtube HERE (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xNOPsqE4LkU). I am trying to use it to help me make this thing.
Please let me know what you think, and feel free to critique and help with it if you want.

http://www.grnrngr.com/monsters/pictures/zyu05.JPG
"King Sphinx"

CR: ?????? (Target CR using the core rules, without the houseruled Wing Attack and staff was CR12)

Gender/Race/Class(es): Male/Based on a Catfolk with the Half-Fiend template/Fighter 10
Alignment/Size/Type/Subtype: NE/Medium/Outsider/Native Outsider

Init: +4
Senses: Darkvision out to 60 feet, low-Light Vision. Listen +2, Spot +2.
Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven, Feline, Sphinx.
HP: 59 (10 Fighter HD)
AC: 20 (+4 Dex, +6 Nat), touch 14, flat 16.

Damage reduction: 5/magic.

Immunities:
Resist:

Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, and fire 10.

Saves: Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +3
Weaknesses:
Speed: Land 40ft, Fly 40ft (Good maneuverability)
Base Atk: +10/+5; Grp: +12/+7
Space/Reach: 5ft.
Special Qualities:

Darkvision out to 60 feet.
Immunity to poison.
Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, and fire 10.
Damage reduction: 5/magic.
A half-fiend’s natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Spell resistance equal to creature’s HD + 10 (maximum 35).

Melee:

King Sphinx's Staff [+13/8]/[+13/8] (1d6+3/x2 for each hit), or Energy Ray +14 (see King Sphinx's Staff below)
2x Claws +14 (1d4+2/x2)
1x Bite +9 (1d8+2/x2)

Ranged:
Atk Options:

"Wing Sweep" Attack (Fort DC17)
Teleport along with foe using his staff.
Smite Good

Def Options:

Escape using his staff.

Special Actions:

Teleport using King Sphinx's Staff, and possibly take an enemy along (see King Sphinx's Staff below).

Combat gear: King Sphinx's staff
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 19, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10
Feats: Improved Flight (from Races of the Wild), Improved Natural Armor, Improved Natural Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse.
Skills: Listen +2lSpot +2l Balance +8, Intimidate +8, Move Silently +12.
Possessions: combat gear plus, Amulet of Natural Armor +3.
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, or accompanied by 4-20 Putty Patrollers
Challenge Rating: ???? (It has 10HD of Fighter, the Catfolk of an LA of +1, and the Half-Fiend template would raise the CR by +2 for 5-10HD, but I have no clue what the Wind attack or staff would raise it to.)
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: -

Combat:

"Wing Sweep" Attack
As a standard action (Note to self: Extraordinary Abilities (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#extraordinaryAbilities) which take a Standard Action do not provoke AoOs (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm#standardActions)), by violently flapping his powerful wings at a given direction King Sphinx can cause an Enhanced Gust of Wind (see below). The save DC for this affect is DC17.

King Sphinx can also choose to narrow the burst of wind he is generating (causing the Enhanced Gust of Wind to become a line instead of a cone) to focus on a single target. If the targeted creature fails it's Fort save, it then must make an addition Fort save (DC17) or be transported a great distance away from it's current position. This essentially functions as a Teleport (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/teleport.htm) spell (Caster Level 1) with King Sphinx choosing the destination. King Sphinx can choose to make the destination random, causing the targeted creature to appear/land 1d% miles in a random direction, and causing 1d6 falling damage for every 10 miles traveled.

Smite Good (Su)

Once per day the creature can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against a good foe.

Spell-Like Abilities
A half-fiend with an Intelligence or Wisdom score of 8 or higher has spell-like abilities depending on its Hit Dice, as indicated on the table. The abilities are cumulative. Unless otherwise noted, an ability is usable once per day. Caster level equals the creature’s HD, and the save DC is Charisma-based.

HD Abilities
1-2 Darkness 3/day
3-4 Desecrate
5-6 Unholy blight
7-8 Poison 3/day
9-10 Contagion

(Homebrewed) Enhanced Gust of Wind:
Evocation [Air]
Level: Drd ?, Sor/Wiz ?
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 100 ft.
Effect: Cone-shaped gust of severe wind emanating out from you to the extreme of the range
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: No

This spell creates a severe blast of air (approximately 50 mph) that originates from you, affecting all creatures in its path.

A Tiny or smaller creature on the ground is knocked down and rolled 1d4×20 feet, taking 1d8 points of nonlethal damage per 10 feet. If flying, a Tiny or smaller creature is blown back 2d6×20 feet and takes 3d6 points of nonlethal damage due to battering and buffeting.

A Small creature on the ground is knocked down and rolled 1d4×10 feet, taking 1d4 points of nonlethal damage per 10 feet. If flying, a Tiny or smaller creature is blown back 2d6×10 feet and takes 2d6 points of nonlethal damage due to battering and buffeting.

Medium creatures are knocked prone by the force of the wind, or if flying are blown back 1d6×10 feet.

Large creatures are unable to move forward against the force of the wind, or if flying are blown back 1d6×5 feet.

Huge or larger creatures may move normally within a gust of wind effect.

Any creature, regardless of size, takes a -4 penalty on ranged attacks and Listen checks in the area of a gust of wind.

The force of the gust automatically extinguishes candles, torches, and similar unprotected flames. It causes protected flames, such as those of lanterns, to dance wildly and has a 75% chance to extinguish those lights.

In addition to the effects noted, an enhanced gust of wind can do anything that a sudden blast of wind would be expected to do. It can create a stinging spray of sand or dust, fan a large fire, overturn delicate awnings or hangings, heel over a small boat, and blow gases or vapors to the edge of its range.

Enhanced gust of wind can be made permanent with a permanency spell.

Notes on this spell: This is meant to be an Extraordinary Ability, and not really a "spell". This is why I put no saving throw. This also means that there is no "Casting Time" for King Sphinx, but instead he is just physically flapping his wings.

King Sphinx's Staff:
This item functions as a +1 Quarterstaff with the following psionic abilities:

It is able to send forth an Energy Ray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyRay.htm) of the fire type from it's ornamented head as described below.

It's ray ability functions as follows:

It is a Use-Activated psionic item, that the user merely needs to mentally will to fire.
Activating King Sphinx's Staff takes a standard action, which does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
When activated the staff manifests the power Energy Ray (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyRay.htm) (Fire type) at a target of the wielder's choosing.
The quarterstaff has a bank of 20 power points used to power the Energy Rays. These power points renew themselves every morning at sunrise.
The user can choose to spend up to a maximum of 8 power points per shot.
The range and manifester level are determined by the number of power points spent.
To hit his target the wielder needs to succeed at a ranged touch attack.

It can also manifest Psionic Teleport 3/day (ML 9th). In addition, if the wielder is currently in a grapple he can choose to bring the grappled foe along unless it succeeds at a DC17 Will save.

Notes on making him:

I used a catfolk from Races of the Wild with the half-fiend template from Monster Manual 1.
From the Youtube video of this monster's episode (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xNOPsqE4LkU) I noticed that it's wing gust attack was an important feature of this creature. It seemed to not only be able to push back enemies with it, but actually transport/teleport them a large distance away. This was used by the monster to separate the party(the rangers), and isolate one in particular(the red ranger). I tried to replicate this in D&D mechanics as a personally homebrewed Gust of Wind spell, and the Teleport spell.
I used the Elite Array (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm) for this monster/NPC.
The Fort saves for getting pushed back are based on the monster's Strength score, as suggested on p.300 of the Monster Manual 1.

Can you guys please give me an idea of what you think it's CR should be? I have no clue what-so-ever.

And any opinions or advice on the whole creature in general would be appreciated. I did a lot of homebrewing and strange stuff here, so I am not sure whether it turned out well or not. Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I spent a lot more time on this than I planned, so I want to get it right now.

newbDM
2008-10-30, 07:30 PM
Well, I finally saw the Giant Size (Wu Jen spell) from Complete Arcane. Looks good. The issue is, should I go with Huge size, Gargantuan Size, or Colossal Size?

And thank you guys for telling me about this. It seems extremely fitting.

newbDM
2008-11-15, 06:23 AM
First off, I wish to apologize for posting in this thread again after not being able to get back to it for a while (hence bumping it). Like I said before, I wish to make this into where I collect all the information I research, and convert for her and her group. I am getting a lot of fun with all this, and it brings togetehr a lot of fun things for me (nostalgia, watching old shows again, and working with 3.5 mechanics). I guess I am trying to make this into my own little "project" (or are they called "conversion projects?"). I plan on getting a lot of use out of this, and it will relate in a big way to my Spelljammer stuff. Plus, perhaps by continuing this someone else might actually get a use or two out of all this work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have updated the opening post. In it I:
Updated Rita's Staff.
Crossed out Serpenterra, since it will not be needed until/unless I ever bring Zedd in on all this.
Added the Monstermattic. (I had some fun watching that episode again to get the screencaps).
Updated the thread title.

Help Needed:
I vaguely remember Rita having a flying tricycle, or something on that line (I am thinking one of those old-fashioned bikes with a giant front wheel). Can anyone who remembers conform or deny this? Does anyone remember which episode it might have been in, so I can add it to the above list?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my continued Monster of the Week to D&D monsters conversion ideas:

http://www.grnrngr.com/monsters/pictures/frankenstein.JPG
"Frankenstein"

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/ac767a02.png
Golem, Flesh
Large construct
Hit Dice: 9
Alignment: N
Environment: Any
Challenge Rating: 7
Found in System Reference Document: Flesh Golem (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/golem.htm#fleshGolem)

Notes:

I think it would work fine if I give it a Halloween/Frankenstein flavored description and behavior.

http://www.grnrngr.com/monsters/pictures/zyu43a.JPG
"Cardiatron"

Notes:
I am thinking perhaps a Flumph from the older editions?

Flumph:
http://www.headinjurytheater.com/images/D&D%20flumph%20paladin.jpg

So far it's the closest thing I remember from D&D that resembles it. The guy from Enworld who did Tomes of Horror (a monster book of converted older edition stuff) posted a conversion for it free on here: http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/index.php (http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/index.php)

Notes:

Again, I will need to rewatch this episode to find out exactly what this thing did.

http://www.grnrngr.com/monsters/pictures/zyu13.JPGhttp://www.grnrngr.com/monsters/pictures/snizzard.JPGhttp://www.grnrngr.com/monsters/pictures/cobra01.JPG
"Snizzard"/"Cobra Monster"

Notes:
I am thinking perhaps a Yuan-Ti Abomination? Perhaps with two extra bite attacks instead of hands?

Yuan-Ti Abomination:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG263.jpg

My next goals are to try my hand at Goldar, while I dig out my old Power Rangers VHSs (and buy a new VHS player...:smallconfused:) to see the episodes I have to get some inspiration for the other monsters (I always told my mother I would watch them again! It kept her from tossing them out at least). At the moment I am not able to go any further with anymore of the monsters until I see their specific episodes again.

I also want to track down a picture of the bike/cycle I believe Rita had.

Coidzor
2008-11-16, 11:54 AM
I remember the tricycle vaguely. So I'm pretty sure there was some device like that which she used. I'd say just make it a minor artifact of mithril or something and tack on an eyeballed speed for it and remember to re-examine it before actually trying to use it for now.

Doesn't really seem like it'd come into tactical play if she's acting as a power in this scenario.

Thane of Fife
2008-11-16, 12:04 PM
I found numerous references to (but no pictures of) Rita Repulsa'a flying bike. But she definately had one.

Starbuck_II
2008-11-16, 12:14 PM
Remember, that Snizzard was extra strong before his apple was destrouede by Kimberly.

Maybe, make it a wonderous slotless item giving him 5 DR/piercing (as bows are piercing)?

Ooh, don't forget to do the Gnarly Gnome:
Seems to be a Bard Gnome (facinate hypnotizes) and uses invisiblity spells.

newbDM
2008-11-17, 09:35 PM
I remember the tricycle vaguely. So I'm pretty sure there was some device like that which she used. I'd say just make it a minor artifact of mithril or something and tack on an eyeballed speed for it and remember to re-examine it before actually trying to use it for now.

Thanks for the information and advice.

Again, I now really want to rewatch the series, so I will keep an eye out for it.

Doesn't really seem like it'd come into tactical play if she's acting as a power in this scenario.

Oh come on. You know that if you give players half-a-chance they would so jack this thing.

Now I am imagining a PC traveling across my spelljammer sphere on this thing, hopelessly lost, and extremely confused...

I found numerous references to (but no pictures of) Rita Repulsa'a flying bike. But she definately had one.

Thank you so much for trying. Very nice of you!

Did you at least catch an episode name or number? That is all I would need.

Remember, that Snizzard was extra strong before his apple was destrouede by Kimberly.

Maybe, make it a wonderous slotless item giving him 5 DR/piercing (as bows are piercing)?

Ooh, don't forget to do the Gnarly Gnome:
Seems to be a Bard Gnome (facinate hypnotizes) and uses invisiblity spells.

Again, I am very sad, and extremely ashamed to say that I have forgotten a lot of these monsters. I am determined to rewatch this series to correct this. I have just been afraid to, since they are such fond memories.

Thank you for the advice as to how to stat these two!

Thane of Fife
2008-11-17, 10:43 PM
Again, I now really want to rewatch the series, so I will keep an eye out for it.

You can watch some of them on Youtube.

At 2:44 in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v38RWmZMWzo) you can clearly see Rita riding a bike, but you can't really see the bike itself.

newbDM
2008-11-25, 05:48 AM
Oops.......

newbDM
2008-12-13, 07:42 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/edc2711c.jpg

Goldar

CR: 10?

Gender/Race/Class(es): Male/Winged Catfolk/Fighter 8
Alignment/Size/Type/Subtype: CE/Medium/Monstrous Humanoid/-
Init: +10
Senses: Low-Light Vision. Listen +4, Spot +3
Languages: Common, Feline, Gnoll.
HP: 48 (8HD+1hp/level)
AC: 21 (+5 Titanium Armor, +5 Dex, +1 Nat), touch 16, flat 16.
-DR 2/-
Immunities: -
Resist: -
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3
Weaknesses: -
Speed: Land 40 ft/ Fly 60 ft (Perfect)
Base Atk: +8/+3.
Grp: +10
Attack :

Gold Sword¹ [One handed] +13 (1d10+2+2+2+1/17-20 ×2 Slashing +1d8 sonic +DC 14 Fortitude save or be deafened permanently)

or

Gold Sword¹ [Two handed] +13 (1d10+3+2+2+1/17-20 ×2 Slashing +1d8 sonic +DC 14 Fortitude save or be deafened permanently)

Full Attack:

Gold Sword¹ [One handed] +13 (1d10+2+2+2+1/17-20 ×2 Slashing +1d8 sonic +DC 14 Fortitude save or be deafened permanently), and Gold Sword¹ [One handed] +8 (1d10+2+2+2+1/17-20 ×2 Slashing +1d8 sonic +DC 14 Fortitude save or be deafened permanently).

or

Gold Sword¹ [Two handed] +13 (1d10+3+2+2+1/17-20 ×2 Slashing+1d8 sonic +DC 14 Fortitude save or be deafened permanently), and Gold Sword¹ [Two handed] +8 (1d10+3+2+2+1/17-20 ×2 Slashing+1d8 sonic +DC 14 Fortitude save or be deafened permanently).

Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:

Great Flyby Attack (See Savage Species p.35)

Special Qualities: -
Def Options: -
Special Actions:

Being "grown" by Rita and her staff.

Combat gear: Gold Sword¹
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 22, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 10
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency: (Bastard Sword)ᴮ, Flyby Attack, Great Flyby Attackᴿ, Greater Weapon Focus: (Bastard Sword), Greater Weapon Specialization: (Bastard Sword)ᴮ, Improved Critical: (Bastard Sword)ᴮ, Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus: (Bastard Sword)ᴮ, Weapon Specialization: (Bastard Sword)ᴮ.
Skills: Listen +4lSpot +3l Bluff +6, Intimidate +13, Move Silently +8.
Possessions: combat gear plus --- Titanium Armor¹.
Environment: The moon Luner.
Organization: Solitary, or with gang of Putty Patrollers (6-40).
Challenge Rating: 10?
Advancement: By class levels.
Level Adjustment: +1+2 = 3
ECL: 11

Sources:
Player's HandbooklRaces of the WildlSavage Species

Notes:
ᴮ=Bonus Feat
ᴿ=Feat from Savage Species.
¹= A unique item. See below.

-I made him a Catfolk from Races of the Wild p.92.
-I used the Winged Creature template from p.137 of Savage Species. This turned him into a monstrous humanoid (this template was probably given to him by Lord Zed.
-I used the elite array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8).

Unique Items:

Gold Sword:
Gold Sword is Goldar's magical +1 Thundering Bastard Sword. It was crafted by Finster himself in Rita's Palace. As it's name suggests, Gold Sword is forged from pure gold.

Titanium Armor:
Through a complex and difficult alchemical process the genius Finster was able to combine the special properties of adamantine and mithral to create a new unique material. He named this alloy Titanium. Over the years he was eventually able to create enough titanium to forge a suit armor for one of Rita's most powerful henchmen.

This master work breastplate functions as having both the adamantine and mithral special properties. This is an exception to the rules stating that an item can only benefit from a single special material. Titanium has 40 hit points per inch of thickness and hardness 15.

{table=head]Armor | Cost |Armor/Shield Bonus | Max Dex Bonus | Armor Check Penalty | Arcane Spell Failure Chance | Speed | Weight | Special
Titanium Armor | -| +5 | +5 | -1 | 15% | 30ft | 15lb | DR 2/-
[/table]

Wow, it took me over six hours to do this one... Now I understand why most people dislike DMing (although I found it quite fun).

Here is Goldar as I said I would stat him a while ago. Due to my college classes nearing their end I had to put him on hold, but now that I have a little break from school I am going to try finishing this all up. This is quite relaxing for me to boot, and I have gotten some nice messages concerning this project. :smallsmile:

I wanted to get Goldar just right, so I did not want to rush him. I even wanted to replicate the classic explosion when his (and other monsters') weapon makes when it hit the rangers (or PCs in this case) using the Thundering (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#thundering) property.

I have also added him to the OP post under Henchmen.

If I can figure out how to make PDFs I am thinking about making all this into a PDF document like the Mario and Zelda ones below:
http://www.kobolds-keep.net/downloads.html

I guess this has become my little "project".

You can watch some of them on Youtube.

At 2:44 in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v38RWmZMWzo) you can clearly see Rita riding a bike, but you can't really see the bike itself.

Thank you for the information! (And sorry for the delay in responding)

It's close at least. Perhaps I will see it while rewatching it. And with some/most of the episodes on YouTube I can see them whenever I have some free time on my Macbook.

edit:
For those interested you can find out more about Goldar here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldar

After reading about his role in the latest Power Rangers game, and remembering the uncertainty of his fate (something which has always troubled me) I instantly remembered the little time travel/time paradox left behind by my former players. I am now thinking about making him the next PC ally as a (secretly/unknown) purified human (like Rita and Zed were) from the future helping the PC fight Rita. Perhaps even the Mystic Mother sent him personally? I believe reworking Goldar without the LAs and wings shouldn't be difficult.

Dhagon
2010-09-10, 08:58 AM
Here (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.rovang.org/wiki/rita-on-bike.jpg&imgrefurl=http://rovang.wikispaces.com/Rita%2BRepulsa&usg=__jnjvmdVxYlqlkNeo1kJSfM61OsA=&h=342&w=531&sz=53&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=IW8xKtrECujBaM:&tbnh=141&tbnw=178&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpower%2Brangers,%2Brita's%2Bbike%26hl %3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1099%26bih%3D7 22%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=303&vpy=236&dur=2965&hovh=180&hovw=280&tx=179&ty=132&ei=IDmKTMfkOcXflgeU_qSDCQ&oei=IDmKTMfkOcXflgeU_qSDCQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0) is a picture of Rita's bike. It looks like an old Penny Farthing bicycle.

Vaynor
2010-09-11, 02:23 PM
The Red Towel: Thread necromancy.