PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Class Feats [PEACH]

Lappy9000
2008-10-21, 03:21 PM
Just two feats to give sorcerers and fighters a bit more pizzazz without altering class features or taking away their versatility. I've always pictured fighters being stronger and tougher than the average class, reflected through Martial Adaptation. Spell Persona allows for sorcerers to deal damage more effectively through their spell damage-slinging. And fighters are usually only good with one weapon (in poor builds anyways). I don't like that.

I think Spell Persona could be potentially abusable, but they all seem practical and vanilla enough to buff the classes without forcing them into specializing. Tell me what you think!

Fighter Feats

Martial Adaptation
Through your fighter training, you have gained greater physical prowess.
Prerequisites: Fighter, Base attack bonus +6.
Benefit: You increase a single physical ability score (Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution) by 1 point. This is not an enhancement bonus.
Special: A fighter may only select Martial Adaptation through use of a fighter bonus feat.
You can take this feat a total of 3 times. Its effects can stack, or be added to a new physical ability score (Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution).

Weapons Expert
You have become a deadly warrior with most any weapon.
Prerequisites: Fighter, Base attack bonus +5.
Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls made with all simple and martial weapons, and any exotic weapons you are proficient with. This bonus stacks with the effects of Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization.
Special: A fighter may only select Weapons Expert through use of a fighter bonus feat.

Weapons Master
Your martial prowess with weapons is unparalleled.
Prerequisites: Fighter, Weapon Expert, Base attack bonus +10.
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus on all attack rolls made with all simple and martial weapons, and any exotic weapons you are proficient with. This bonus stacks with the effects of Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization.
Special: A fighter may only select Weapons Master through use of a fighter bonus feat.

Sorcerer Feats

Spell Persona
You can adapt your powerful personality to enhance your spells.
Prerequisites: Sorcerer, Charisma 15.
Benefit: Using your powerful presence of being, you can enhance damage-dealing spells to do an additional amount of damage equal to your Charisma modifier x 1/2 Spell Level (minimum 1). A single spell can never gain this extra damage more than once per casting. For example, a fireball spell deals the extra damage to each creature in its area, but only one missile from Magic Missile gets the extra damage. If a spell deals damage for more than one round, it deals this extra damage in each round. The additional damage is factored into spells that allow saves for half or no damage. This additional damage is not affected by other metamagic feats (such as Empower Spell), but is instead added to the total amount of damage dealt by the spell. Scrolls and other magical items created by the sorcerer do not gain this bonus.

arguskos
2008-10-21, 04:08 PM
Spell Persona reminds me the Warmage Edge ability. Also, I don't see why it is A) a metamagic feat (no reason, IMO), and B) is x/day. It'd be fine as a constant effect I think. Damage spells are weak anyways.

The fighter stuff looks good. Yuppers, looks fine to me.

-argus

Lappy9000
2008-10-21, 05:07 PM
http://dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/portal-cake.jpg

Cake
Tiny Construct (Psionic)
Hit Dice: ½ d10 (2 hp)
Speed: 0 ft.
Initiative: -5
Armor Class: 6 (-5 Dex, +1 natural), touch 5, flat-footed 6
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-8
Attack: —
Full Attack: —
Space/Reach: 5 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Deliciousness
Special Qualities: Lie, low-light vision, construct traits
Saves: Fort +0, Ref —, Will -5
Abilities: Str Ø, Dex Ø, Con Ø, Int Ø, Wis 2, Cha 1
Skills: —
Feats: —
Environment Any
Organization: Solitary, or Birthday Party (2-3)
Challenge Rating: ½
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —

You see before you a scrumptious looking cake, covered in nuts and topped with delightful red cherries. As you approach the delicious morsel, it vanishes, as if the cake were a lie...

Cakes are interesting constructs, likely designed by a mad wizard of sorts. While Cakes are mindless and incapable of movement, they lure in unsuspecting creatures towards them only to vanish, for Cakes are an anomaly, existent and nonexistent at the same time.

Combat
In combat, Cakes rely on their Deliciousness before blinking out of existence with their Lie ability. It is currently unknown whether or not Cakes resurface at another area, time, or even at all.

Deliciousness (Su): Creatures within sight of a Cake must make a Will save (DC 28) or become obsessed with the cake, yearning to take a bite.

Lie (Su): Any creature adjacent to a Cake will cause it to blink permanently out of existence as a free action, even if not its turn.

Construction
A Cake is made with coconut frosting, eggs, chocolate chips, butter, cocoa, and a variety of other bizarre ingredients including fish shaped crackers, fish shaped candies, fish shaped dirt, sediment shaped sediment, and a 20-foot thick impermeable clay layer. Creating the Cake requires a DC 15 Profession (baker) check or a Craft DC 15 (pastry) check.

CL 5th; Craft Construct, id insinuation (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/idInsinuation.htm) caster must be at least 5th level; Price 3,000 gp; Cost 1,500 gp + 40 XP.