PDA

View Full Version : GLoG OOC Chat Thread I: Sporks vs Foons

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

happyturtle
2008-10-22, 04:02 AM
OOC discussion for GLoG members, visitors, enemies, hecklers, lookers on, etc. Please make use of this thread for ooc disputes, plot discussion, procedural discussions, and general ooc chat. Try to keep it at least loosely related to GLoG, but other than that, no restrictions except for the forum ones.

Please use this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97292)instead.

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-22, 04:28 AM
But the bunnies and the rabbits are importants. And teh cutes.:smallfrown:
But yay! Me idea! Mine mine mine! Wee! Votes for Phyllis! Yay!:smallsmile:
*goes to take sanity pills*

Okay.... Feeling better now.

happyturtle
2008-10-22, 05:12 AM
If the Bunnies and the Rabbits are meant for IC stuff, they can stay in the main thread. If they are filler, they can duke it out for supremacy here. :smalltongue:

And yes. Elections.

With Nil and HiT leaving, we should just have all new elections. And possibly new offices. A new structure of government maybe? Any thoughts?

However, these will be IC offices, and therefore IC elections. Which means, for example, that Kris, Khiansa, and Phyllis each get a vote. I'm sure no one is silly enough to abuse that process to spam the voting. OOC decisions will be made in this thread by attempting to reach a consensus about whatever members are around.

Meanwhile, somewhere in this thread, a wasp carrying a foon is doing battle with a spork-wielding butterfly.

Boo
2008-10-22, 07:18 AM
Alright, so I had an outburst yesterday. I'm sorry to everyone for that, including Fanboy. I guess I'm just annoyed at everything right now since I'm going to lose a large number of friends once I move for the 6th time in my short life. Fanboy was probably a filter for that, so I apologize.

I just have a request for Fanboy. Stop it with the condescending remarks. Please.

Topsy is meant to be all powerful, but he is not meant to actually kill anyone. That's the point. I don't like to kill people, so I make my characters to veer away from such acts.

I can't tell you more than that because I have a few things that I need to do with him before then. Not building, that's done, but writing. Plots and the like. All I need is peoples cooperation, and you'll understand him a bit over time. Perhaps he'll even find you amusing.

@Lex: I'm going to say that I was hypocritical, so I'm also sorry for that.

@Turtle: Surprisingly, the bunnies do have relevance. I don't know about KK's rabbits though. The ink the bunnies are made of is very relevant.

I want to stop the drama here. I dislike drama, and all I've done is cause it by typing a few words. So this is my apology for past and future rudeness. I don't need an apology back, whether you think I deserve one or not. Let's just try to carry on with the RPing, and hopefully the fun.

Fan
2008-10-22, 09:21 AM
Alright, so I had an outburst yesterday. I'm sorry to everyone for that, including Fanboy. I guess I'm just annoyed at everything right now since I'm going to lose a large number of friends once I move for the 6th time in my short life. Fanboy was probably a filter for that, so I apologize.

I just have a request for Fanboy. Stop it with the condescending remarks. Please.

Topsy is meant to be all powerful, but he is not meant to actually kill anyone. That's the point. I don't like to kill people, so I make my characters to veer away from such acts.

I can't tell you more than that because I have a few things that I need to do with him before then. Not building, that's done, but writing. Plots and the like. All I need is peoples cooperation, and you'll understand him a bit over time. Perhaps he'll even find you amusing.

@Lex: I'm going to say that I was hypocritical, so I'm also sorry for that.

@Turtle: Surprisingly, the bunnies do have relevance. I don't know about KK's rabbits though. The ink the bunnies are made of is very relevant.

I want to stop the drama here. I dislike drama, and all I've done is cause it by typing a few words. So this is my apology for past and future rudeness. I don't need an apology back, whether you think I deserve one or not. Let's just try to carry on with the RPing, and hopefully the fun.
Surprisngly enough I know your pain man.
during my own (slightly) younger years I would move at least once every 6 months, and I never really got to get any real RL freinds except for a select few that managed to be near wherever I happened to move.
So, good luck, and I hope things get better,.

Boo
2008-10-22, 09:29 AM
Right, well, I should be past my anxiety of the upcoming move now. Just so you know, I don't hate anyone. Except a guy who managed to get me suspended for something I didn't do back in 9th grade. That guy sucks. Back on topic, who wants to play a random online game together while waiting for people to get back from work/school or wake up?

Fan
2008-10-22, 09:37 AM
Right, well, I should be past my anxiety of the upcoming move now. Just so you know, I don't hate anyone. Except a guy who managed to get me suspended for something I didn't do back in 9th grade. That guy sucks. Back on topic, who wants to play a random online game together while waiting for people to get back from work/school or wake up?
IAM at school right now... I just managed to beat the system.

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-22, 10:01 AM
I am here. Just got back from fancy birthday dinner and finally received all my loots. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Fostire
2008-10-22, 10:11 AM
I am here. Just got back from fancy birthday dinner and finally received all my loots. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

ooh, what did you get?

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-22, 10:21 AM
I posteds it on the thread you made.

Fostire
2008-10-22, 10:40 AM
*goes check*
Great gifts. Enjoy the loot.

happyturtle
2008-10-22, 04:44 PM
Proposed offices in GLoG:

President
Vice President
New Member Liaison
Secretary of Defence
Intelligence Chief
Medical Officer
Head Gardener
Head Baker

... it's possible I'm a little tipsy at the moment. :smalltongue:

Boo
2008-10-22, 05:18 PM
I'd say Francis (Mr. Quinne for those of you who haven't seen that bit) would fit the role of Secretary of Defence.

At first I wrote that as an acronym. SoD. :smallamused:

Let's see...

President (Who's the goodiest of good?)
Vice President (Who's after that?)
New Member Liaison (Who's nice?)
Secretary of Defence (Who's wise?)
Intelligence Chief (Who's smart?)
Medical Officer (Who's the best at treating wounds and/or analysis?)
Head Gardener (Who's good at botony?)
Head Baker (Lex, even if she just bakes cakes)

Fostire
2008-10-22, 05:31 PM
Secretary of Defense (Who's wise?)
Head Gardener (Who's good at botany?)

Pri is good with plants although he prefers animals and he is quite good so maybe he could do either chef gardener or vice president (he's good but I'm sure there is someone more good for the role of president)

Rick could fulfill the roles of secretary of defense or intelligence chief

Shas aia Toriia
2008-10-22, 05:41 PM
Sorry, but wouldn't it be easier for everybody to make up their own title, like AMEN and HALO? I mean, still get a distinguished leader, the guy who's clearly in charge*.

I mean, having your title as "member". Is somewhat diminishing.

*Not the case in AMEN. My leadership abilities consist of occasional snide remarks and people plotting to kill me and take over. :smallbiggrin:

Also, the above post made a lot more sense in my head. Sorry! :smallredface: :smalltongue:

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 05:46 PM
*Is not in GLoG, shouldn't be posting here, probably*

Alright people, I have a serious question. A while ago, you might recall, I had a villain named Faust, who was a badass, and pissed off HALO. But, they didn't do anything, even after he killed two members permanantly. So, I'd like to know if I brought him to GLoG, if he would be fought, and attacked, and someone would actually go after him.

happyturtle
2008-10-22, 05:47 PM
Hmmm.... Shas has a point.

Raist, of course you can post here.

When were you thinking about doing this? My characters are both too involved in the Intergang plot for anything else at the moment.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 05:56 PM
Not sure. Whenever I can, whenever you guys can, no real set date. Soon, I would hope, but y'know, National Novel Writing Month, and school, and such.

Fan
2008-10-22, 06:02 PM
Fan while not goodest of the good is a decent canidate for SOEMTHING being a founding member, and is well versed in just about everything presented for PLOT reasons, and not having a proper healer avialbe most of the time.

happyturtle
2008-10-22, 06:04 PM
This is probably as good a place as any to mention that I'll be mostly offline from Nov 19 - Dec 1 for the annual giving of thanks... in America!

My parents have internet access, but I will have very important things to do, like play board games with my siblings, go fabric shopping with my mom, see an AMERICAN dentist, instead of a British dentist who thinks that five minutes is enough time for a proper cleaning :smallyuk:, and of course, read stories to my niece and nephew.

So much for timing.

As for the plot, what sort of flavor is it? Combat heavy or roleplay heavy? I love the latter but don't really care much for the former.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 06:08 PM
Umm...blow crap up heavy? It's mostly a mental plot, navigate his maze, complete his challenges (admittably, some of which are combat), and then kill him. It'll likely begin with him showing up, blowing up some crap, beating down a person or two, and then leaving.

Also, as HALO will attest to, if you don't bother trying to stop him, he will show up again. And likely blow more stuff up.

Fostire
2008-10-22, 06:12 PM
Either of my characters is available for PLOT.

Darkcomet
2008-10-22, 06:23 PM
DC-09 is available, if you wish.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-22, 07:24 PM
Vespe...might be available.

Then again, he might side with Faust just to annoy the GLoGgers.

But my posting frequency will probably be "rare" to "none" during the month of November. I've got NaNo, school, Fable 2 (:smalltongue:), etc.

happyturtle
2008-10-22, 07:30 PM
Vespe, how long do you think the stealing-Fan's-soul plot will take? Fan's got another plot going with the dragons (that Turtle's not really involved in) so you'll have to find out from him when it can be worked in.

BTW, his soul looks like this:

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/temp/baby_racoon.jpg

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-22, 07:32 PM
Phyllis for Vice President. (or by extension President if she gets enough votes)

Khiansa for Public Liaisons. (Bard, nice, and I invented the welcome drones. (and most every other drone... I'll finish the wiki entries I promises!:smallfrown: :smalltongue:)

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-22, 07:33 PM
The soul-stealing isn't really necessary. I just need to talk to him for a bit, and if I let him keep his soul in his body he's just going to chop me into tiny bite-sized pieces before I can get a word in.

Hmm...interesting. And adorable. Awww. Almost makes me not want to steal it. Almost.

happyturtle
2008-10-22, 07:39 PM
But he was pretty deadly with the sword back when he was soulless, if you remember. So I think your plan is not without flaws.

He's physically a lot weaker now that he isn't a vamp. You could try overpowering him.

Neiriain had to go to hell and barter with Asmodeus for that cute little guy. So if you steal him, you better be nice, or she'll be rather annoyed. :smalltongue:

Fostire
2008-10-22, 07:47 PM
Neiriain had to go to hell and barter with Asmodeus for that cute little guy. So if you steal him, you better be nice, or she'll be rather annoyed. :smalltongue:

So what did she give asmodeus in exchange for his soul?

Quinsar
2008-10-22, 07:48 PM
Guys... I'm unsure, again, but I might have to leave tomorrow for work.... FOr a long long time...
I'm sorry....
Again I'm unsure, like last time...

Boo
2008-10-22, 10:04 PM
Secretary of Defence (Who's wise?)
Head Gardener (Who's good at botony?)

Ok, so I think we should do all voting in OOC. It makes it so much easier. Just pretend we did this IC, because this could take a long time if we don't.

President - We need to have someone who doesn't sway from the path of good. Be it because of emotion, religion, or otherwise. They should be at least a little wise.
Vice President - Same as President, but not as much.
New Member Liaison - Must be a nice person.
Secretary of Defence - Must be good with tactics, and somewhat wise.
Intelligence Chief - Must also be good with tactics, and somewhat intelligent. Must also be very organized.
Medical Officer - Must be good with medicine, and treating patients. Either that or have a vast knowledge of healing magic. Both would be best.
Head Gardener - Somewhat good at botony.
Head Baker - Must be named Lex. :smalltongue:

@Shas: Yeah, we could do that. This is a democracy, so it depends what people say.

@Raist: Sounds like great fun! I wanted to join your Faust plot too. Here's my chance! Although I'll be gone from the 27th to the... 10th-15th of November, maybe.

@Happy: That talk about dentists seems to be getting a little discriminatory. I know a British dentist who is by far the best I've ever had the pleasure of being a patient of. Yes, I enjoyed being at the dentist, and it was because of him. Great talker, and great dentist.

@quinsar: Sucks, but when RL calls, you have to answer. Hope it's a short call. :smalltongue:

@V: Right, well... Let's hope a certain thing ends so you can come home safely and quickly.

Quinsar
2008-10-22, 10:04 PM
Probably a while...
Military and all...

Fostire
2008-10-22, 10:14 PM
I agree with shas. I think we should each claim a title and if two or more people want the same title then we do voting.

Quinsar
2008-10-22, 10:15 PM
BLue Umbrella: I'm probably not going where you're thinking. I'm in a... Special part of the military.

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-22, 10:18 PM
BU: How does this so called 'Exotic Stuff' compare with a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster?

Boo
2008-10-22, 10:25 PM
Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster just feels like your brain is wrapped around a brick (or something). For a veteran human drinker the exotic stuff feels like your brain is stretched across the Earth, and then slapped by a wet towel several thousand times. After that brief instant of pain you die. :smalltongue:

Of course, I'm exaggerating a bit.

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-22, 10:27 PM
It feels like getting your brain bashed repeatedly by a large gold brick wrapped in a slice of lemon.

Boo
2008-10-22, 10:43 PM
Right, that's it! I was mixing that with Bugs Bunny. >> Anyways, you feel enormous pain and die about 5 seconds after. That's if you're unlucky. If you're lucky, you'll die immediately.

There's one drink called "The Drink" that could kill a greater god. Its recipe was lost several thousand years ago. No traces of it have been found since then, and it has become more of a myth told by some drunks and bards. The story is very rare to hear, and generally the only people who have heard of it are the most skilled of drunks. Other than that, some bards have heard of it, and yes I'm making this up as I go. If it was to be made, I'd guess that it would cost several hundred thousand gold just to buy the ingredients. If you make a mistake when creating it you would lose several levels. When you run out of levels, you'll start fading from existence entirely. Hey, if this thing can kill a GREATER god, then it should have some serious repercussions when a mistake is made.

Francis has heard of it, but in no way has found any evidence of its actual existence.

Fostire
2008-10-22, 10:46 PM
Does any of those drinks involve cyanide? Cause I don't think even drinking pure alcohol is that lethal.

Boo
2008-10-22, 10:59 PM
Does any of those drinks involve cyanide? Cause I don't think even drinking pure alcohol is that lethal.

Pure alcohol is for sissy's! :smalltongue:

They're all magical, and require a highly skilled alchemist to create. The reagents are easy to find, but can be very expensive.

The Drink has very rare ingredients. Possibly even some extinct ingredients. I just like having a story to tell that involves a drink able to kill the gods.

BS'ing my way through this, so it's probably going to be refined so it all makes more sense.

Fostire
2008-10-22, 11:06 PM
stupid magic foiling mah science

Boo
2008-10-22, 11:12 PM
Well, I think he deserves something magical. I mean, he's a monk. All he can do is heal himself a few times every day, and punch things. Also, the alchemical brewing of liquor is all he knows about alchemy. Other than that he only knows how to make a few weak things. He hasn't bothered studying anything else. This is mostly because he's spent too much time celebrating his new brews. :smallbiggrin:

By the way, I've made it so he has to meditate to refresh himself. This prevents infinite Quivering Palms and the like.

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 01:27 AM
Choosing offices ooc with elections for disputes sounds good to me.

@Happy: That talk about dentists seems to be getting a little discriminatory. I know a British dentist who is by far the best I've ever had the pleasure of being a patient of. Yes, I enjoyed being at the dentist, and it was because of him. Great talker, and great dentist.

It's not the nationality of the dentist that's the problem, it's their location. The culture over here just doesn't value good teeth. My UK dentist (who is actually South African) admired my teeth and said he could tell I was American because they were in such good shape. Every American dentist I've ever seen thinks I need to floss more. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 04:59 AM
Annoyed Turtle is Annoyed.

For the first time in my life, I didn't tip the taxi driver. Because as soon as he heard my American accent, he started railing about politics, despite several polite attempts on my part to change the subject. I mean, for pete's sake, I had my adorable dog with me, and I couldn't even get him talking about the dog instead.

Grrr! I expect my transport to come without political commentary. :smallyuk:

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 06:06 PM
If the Nomlas-trial thing takes off, I'd like DC to show up as a witness. After all, he is one. Of course, IC, people might not like it, so...

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 06:08 PM
Why wouldn't people like it? The trial won't be on GLoG property.

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 06:12 PM
Well, then we're fine.

Atomsized
2008-10-23, 07:21 PM
Anyways, so i was directed here, so now i'm here. So i'm here for details and such, and yeah. I dunno why we couldn't of just done this in character, but meh, as long as whatever works better.

So....abituruary?

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 07:24 PM
You can do it IC if you want. It's just most everybody is deadtimed in the glog thread. =P

Atomsized
2008-10-23, 07:30 PM
*Walks out of the room, then walks back in with his eyes in huge wide O's*

Ok, so OOC. Great. Nothing ever happened! I never said anything!

Sorry, angst feeling is creeping up on me, anyways. So what is this arbiturary position? :smallconfused:

happyturtle
2008-10-23, 07:33 PM
There would be a trial thread, with NO acting as the judge and jury.

Nomlas is the defendant, and he's hired Vespe and Magtok as his lawyers. He's accused of kidnapping.

GLoG would be the prosecutors.

Darkcomet
2008-10-23, 07:35 PM
Witnesses:

A hell of a lot of them.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-23, 07:42 PM
It's pretty useless, since pretty much Nomlass, Vespe and Magtok are deadtimed...

Fan
2008-10-23, 07:43 PM
Ok, so I think we should do all voting in OOC. It makes it so much easier. Just pretend we did this IC, because this could take a long time if we don't.

President - We need to have someone who doesn't sway from the path of good. Be it because of emotion, religion, or otherwise. They should be at least a little wise.
Vice President - Same as President, but not as much.
New Member Liaison - Must be a nice person.
Secretary of Defence - Must be good with tactics, and somewhat wise.
Intelligence Chief - Must also be good with tactics, and somewhat intelligent. Must also be very organized.
Medical Officer - Must be good with medicine, and treating patients. Either that or have a vast knowledge of healing magic. Both would be best.
Head Gardener - Somewhat good at botony.
Head Baker - Must be named Lex. :smalltongue:

@Shas: Yeah, we could do that. This is a democracy, so it depends what people say.

@Raist: Sounds like great fun! I wanted to join your Faust plot too. Here's my chance! Although I'll be gone from the 27th to the... 10th-15th of November, maybe.

@quinsar: Sucks, but when RL calls, you have to answer. Hope it's a short call. :smalltongue:

@V: Right, well... Let's hope a certain thing ends so you can come home safely and quickly.

The Medical officer is the only one i could see Fan in cept for the President (not likely due to alot of things.), and vice president (Although he wouldn't run for it for IC reasons.)

Lord Magtok
2008-10-23, 07:48 PM
It's pretty useless, since pretty much Nomlass, Vespe and Magtok are deadtimed...

No, just Nomlas.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-23, 07:56 PM
Even you posting there or Vespe would be better then nothing, and I'm going to bed soon anyway....

Boo
2008-10-23, 08:16 PM
Forutantely for Shadow he doesn't have to obey these laws as he is a High ranking millitary soldier from the FUTURE of Germany.
Diplomatic Immunity.:smalltongue:

A man from the future has diplomatic immunity in the past, and in a place that is is unaffiliated to any country? lulz

@V: I'd say just the first to say so. I'm sure others did, but didn't care.

Fan
2008-10-23, 08:17 PM
A man from the future has diplomatic immunity in the past, and in a place that is is unaffiliated to any country? lulz

Your obviously the only one to get that Blue.
Bravo.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-24, 07:18 AM
I have some questions I'd like to raise.

1. Weather. For example, yesterday (my time), Czernov said it was raining outside, and so it was. Is that OK? How should it work?
2. The whole drone creation thing. Are other GLoGgers allowed to make them, or just the senior members, or KK, or whatever?
3. What's the general opinions on plot clones for the purposes of OOB plots?
4. Am I allowed to start making maps for the base of my own? And the surrounding area?

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-24, 07:33 AM
Of course you can make drones of your own. People just use mine because they (the drones) are awesome and they (the people) are too lazy to make their own. :smalltongue:
I'm also too lazy for making a whole bunch of drones, then only describing two-and-a-half. :smalltongue:

Other questions, no idea.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-24, 11:24 AM
1. Weather. For example, yesterday (my time), Czernov said it was raining outside, and so it was. Is that OK? How should it work?

It was great. I thought it made a great excuse why you two were not in the rose garden.

How it should work is, someone says, "It's raining outside." And so it is, until someone says, "It's stopped raining." or noone mentions the weather for about 6 hours, then we'll assume it's sunny again.

2. The whole drone creation thing. Are other GLoGgers allowed to make them, or just the senior members, or KK, or whatever?

As KK said already. But anyone can use and abuse the ones he's already made, as long as you are a GLoG member, or it's for PLOT.

??? I'm not sure how to answer this one.

4. Am I allowed to start making maps for the base of my own? And the surrounding area?

Go ahead. I think it'd be a great idea. It certainly would help people navigate the place better. I would, but I don't have the software. :smallfrown:

Any other questions?

Kaelaroth
2008-10-24, 11:37 AM
No other questions, really. Nice avatar, though, Lex. :smallsmile:

Fostire
2008-10-24, 11:51 AM
What lex and kk said

what's OOB? and what do you mean by "plot clones"?

If you can, that would be great. And the surrounding areas are pretty much all forest (I have pictured GLoG base as being either in a big clearing in the forest or on the forest edge) but if you want to map it try not to map too much since much of my characters backstory involves that forest and I would like to be able to make up locations as more information about it is revealed.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-24, 11:56 AM
1. what's OOB? and what do you mean by "plot clones"?

2. If you can, that would be great. And the surrounding areas are pretty much all forest (I have pictured GLoG base as being either in a big clearing in the forest or on the forest edge) but if you want to map it try not to map too much since much of my characters backstory involves that forest and I would like to be able to make up locations as more information about it is revealed.

1. OOB - Out of Base. See the recent happyturtle plot about the wasps. I suggest allowing plot clones for these kinds of things, to stop people with only one (or a small number) GLoG character(s) missing out on plots, by letting them create a "plot clone" who goes into the plot thread. In other words, you could have two versions of the same character. The only issue would be merging them later.

2. I see your point. For now, I'll consider basic things within or very close to the base, most likely similar to the great room drawing Happy already made. But, if I do branch out, I'll only do non-forested bits without your permission, I think.

Fostire
2008-10-24, 11:58 AM
Aside from the merging issue, plot clones sounds like a great idea.

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 12:44 PM
I used to always do plot clones, but then i started having my brain asplode from too many threads. So I think it should be up to the individual players how they want to handle it.

Mapping is great, especially of the interior of the base. I like us having a mostly ordinary building that doesn't shift around and have rooms appear when no one is looking.

The exterior I've pictured is GLoG sitting in the foothills of low mountains (think Appalachians) with mostly pasture in front and forest behind. But that's just my interpretation. Also, there's an airbase. Not sure where that is.... O_o

Other questions I think have been answered.

Darkcomet
2008-10-24, 12:45 PM
If anyone asks about DC being in more than one place at once, I'm going to blame Decker. That alright with you, HT?

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 12:47 PM
Decker and Darkcomet are BFFs, so of course she'll make him a portal to wherever he wants to go. :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2008-10-24, 01:31 PM
Well, now we need to wait for Draken...

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 01:34 PM
Yup. And I don't want a plot clone for this. Though I have no objections to anyone else having one.

Fostire
2008-10-24, 02:23 PM
I used to always do plot clones, but then i started having my brain asplode from too many threads. So I think it should be up to the individual players how they want to handle it.

Mapping is great, especially of the interior of the base. I like us having a mostly ordinary building that doesn't shift around and have rooms appear when no one is looking.

The exterior I've pictured is GLoG sitting in the foothills of low mountains (think Appalachians) with mostly pasture in front and forest behind. But that's just my interpretation. Also, there's an airbase. Not sure where that is.... O_o

Other questions I think have been answered.

The airbase is in the forest

Atomsized
2008-10-24, 04:15 PM
Um, well, i'd be willing to be an arbiturarythingyabober, but i'm not sure about other NO members. If they're willing to volunteer, then they will say so.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-24, 05:18 PM
On the issue of plot clones: Vespe/Vespa is a time traveler, and if s/he wants to fold him/herself and be in more than one place at once, then that's perfectly feasible. I'm sure he/she would do the same for anyone else who asked nicely.

Except for Fanboy. :smalltongue:

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-24, 07:10 PM
Say, speaking of Draken, what are the doors to the Visitor's Center made of? Because I feel like making a dramatic entrance but I don't want to end up kicking down a 2-inch steel blast door or blowing through an ordinary wooden one with high explosive, no matter how awesome that would be.:smalltongue:

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 07:13 PM
They have not yet been defined, so you may have the honor, if you wish.

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-24, 07:15 PM
Right. Just need Draken to undead.

Dum de dum....

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 07:17 PM
Is Kris coming to the meeting?

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-24, 07:22 PM
What meeting?
(I haven't caught up reading the main thread yet, should be done in a few minutes.)

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 07:26 PM
Nil is having a meeting.

Also, I didn't kill your Centurions like mooks, I deded them with divine power. Prolly was god(des) moddy, but since they'd been programmed not to hurt the members, I didn't think of them fighting back.

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-24, 07:35 PM
I know, but I got the general impression that they were. Feel free to ignore my baseless ranting though. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 07:39 PM
Hey, I never ignore you! :smalltongue:

Anyway, I suck at combat, and don't really understand techy weaponry, so I always do bad when I play the security drones. And I'm usually the one playing them.

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-24, 07:45 PM
Just remember, when Nomlas or whoever retorts that he/she's immune/resistant to energy and blasters won't work, tell them that's what the depleted uranium mini-sporks are for. :smalltongue:

Oh, and the irony of the main thread. It gives me the urge to bash my head into the desk repeatedly from my own stupidity.

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 07:56 PM
Why? What did you do that was stoopid?

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-24, 08:00 PM
I specifically took the time to mention that Kris would not be attending the meeting, instead of just handwaving him in. The next second, Nil gives away his magic items. Magic items which Khiansa and Phyllis don't need because they already have their respective uber weapons. Okay, so Nil mentioned that everyone would get a share despite lack of attendance, but I felt stupid at the time.:smalltongue:

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 08:02 PM
That's not stoopid, that's just bad luck. :smallbiggrin:

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-24, 08:33 PM
*Looks at watch*

So when does Draken usually undeadtime?

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 08:35 PM
Usually before now. So perhaps the myth I've heard about a Real Life that some players are cursed with is true.

Boo
2008-10-24, 08:42 PM
http://www.twilightguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/dummies.gif

I was looking for something completely different from this in google images, but I thought this was funny.

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 08:49 PM
Damn! Where was that book when Happy needed it? :smallbiggrin:

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-24, 08:53 PM
I think Happy would be more interested in a cure for her chronic Dangermagnetosis.

Bottom left corner.

Darkcomet
2008-10-24, 08:54 PM
Probably Psychomagnetosis too. So many psychics.

Fan
2008-10-24, 08:54 PM
Damn! Where was that book when Happy needed it? :smallbiggrin:
Speaking of whih I think I may need to find some vampires to be related to Fanboy.:smalltongue:

Boo
2008-10-24, 08:56 PM
As long as you don't mention Vlad. It really wouldn't make sense.

EDIT: I'd say to make up names since D&D vampires are so rare at the time that Fan was supposedly born.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-24, 09:06 PM
Darkcomet, I only tease, because I like you. If YOU want me to stop, I will. :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2008-10-24, 09:06 PM
Nah, I'm alright. It's just that you kept it up out of character.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-24, 09:08 PM
That's because Lex is Godmodding her Player. She's very persuasive.

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 09:11 PM
At least you aren't being godmodded by a genderless smurf/duck/lamb/human infant like I was last night. :smalltongue:

Anyway, DC-09... we should decide what he needs.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-24, 09:14 PM
Yeah, but where do you think Lex got the idea. Stupid genderless hybrid infant. :smalltongue:

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-24, 09:15 PM
Magical Forcefield. Right now he's a vial of rust monster venom away from being turned into scrap.

Darkcomet
2008-10-24, 09:21 PM
This sounds like something I could go with...

happyturtle
2008-10-24, 10:16 PM
In an alternate dimension past the fourth wall, KR-15 whunks HT's player on the head with a pipe.
Guilty Statement: You did ask!

HT's player is knocked unconscious and thus forced to deadtime. :smalltongue:

Boo
2008-10-24, 10:22 PM
What do you guys think Mr. Quinne should get from the pile?

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-24, 10:22 PM
But... but.... how did you even type that!? :eek:

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-24, 10:38 PM
*Shake's HT's deadtimed body.*
Okay, Draken's back you can wake up now.
:smallsigh:

happyturtle
2008-10-25, 03:21 AM
Gah! I can't believe I missed the fight. :smallfrown:

No idea what Francis should get.

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-25, 03:39 AM
Meh. My dramatic entrance was totally ruined.

happyturtle
2008-10-25, 03:57 AM
*poke* Go post in the stinger plot thread!

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-25, 07:28 AM
Well, Halloween is just round the corner, so hows about a nice little Non-canon bit of silliness? What I'm thinking is each of us play a slasher movie stereotype (with one of us of course being the villain) and we play it out.
For Example:
Nightmare on GLoG Street

Villain: Quinnie Krueger, the monstrous killer without a face!
Spunky Girl (survives till the end): Lex
Clueless Bimbo: Susan :smalltongue:
Slut: Melody :smalltongue:
Slut's Boyfriend: Czernov
Genre Savvy dude: Kris
Jerk Jock: BruiserTurtle
Spunky Girl's (boy)friend: Fanboy
Hapless Victim #1 Khiansa
etc.

Thoughts? (Above are only examples. You can of course, choose your own parts. :smallwink:)

Almighty Salmon
2008-10-25, 12:18 PM
So, has anyone got any preference to when the trial should be? I'm guessing it will last a while, with all the different time zones and stuff.

happyturtle
2008-10-25, 12:20 PM
We still need a prosecutor too.

Darkcomet
2008-10-25, 12:23 PM
Psst.

*knock knock, hint hint*

Even bigger hint:

LET MEH IN

Almighty Salmon
2008-10-25, 12:24 PM
Ah, yeah, that's a point.

Now, who'd make a good prosectuor.. Hmm..

:smalltongue:

happyturtle
2008-10-25, 12:27 PM
DC... huh? :smallconfused:

Let you in where? You can't be the prosecutor and a witness too, can you?

Darkcomet
2008-10-25, 12:29 PM
No.

Also, that's a hint.

It's relevant to the plot and thus relevant here.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-25, 05:09 PM
President: Turtle
Vice President: Mr. Quinne
New Member Liaison: Susan
Secretary of Defence: Kris
Intelligence Chief: Czernov
Medical Officer: Phyllis
Head Gardener: Fanboy
Head Baker: Lex

Lex-Kat
2008-10-25, 07:58 PM

I second this opinion.

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-25, 09:16 PM
No comments on Nightmare on GLoG Street?

Lex-Kat
2008-10-25, 09:29 PM
Sure. It sounds fun. But how are you going to keep everyone from ganging up on Mr. Quinnie Krueger?

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-25, 09:34 PM
Have you ever seen a slasher movie? He doesn't exactly walk out in the open saying 'Look at Me! I keels you all!'
Though I guess we do need some way for Quinnie (or whoever) to pick people off one by one and still make it fun/suspenseful/etc.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-25, 09:48 PM
That is what I meant. And I have watched a few. But they are far from my favorite genre.

happyturtle
2008-10-26, 11:11 AM

Turtle will not accept the position of President or Vice President. She's still too scared of her dark side emerging. Phyllis would be a better choice for President. Pretty sure she'd be incorruptible.

The rest of the list looks fine.

Also... magic items. I think Nil would have left Kobold a cornucopia that delivers him whatever food he is thinking of when he reaches into it. :smallbiggrin:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-26, 01:15 PM
Quick note on Alex's non-PLOT relevant capabilities:

Large bunches of his nervous system are doubled with wires capable of transmitting information much faster than his actual nerves. The CNS is pretty much all-original material, but other than that, his nerves have atrophied to the point where his machine parts do most of the work. This results in quicker reflexes.

His eyes have undergone removal (he was actually bliind for a good portion of his life) and have been replaced with cybernetic duplicates which provide at a base, 20/10 vision, binocular vision, and low-light vision (nightvison eyes). They are also wired into his aim-assist program to provide a "pop-up" targetting reticule for the majority of light weapons (Nothing larger than a light machine gun).

N-Space holdsers (Cybernetic bags of holding) placed along both forearms with openings in the palm of his hands. He stows a Five-seveN in each arm, a FN-P90 in his left and an MP-5SD5 in his right, as well as a wealth of ammunition in both.

His ears have recieved nothing more than blanket audio-enhancing mechanics (which automatically switches off beyond a certain threshhold).

He also has a small memory unit, mostly used as an on-the-fly notebook.

He is skilled in field surgery and cybernetic modifications, as well as moderate hacking and coding skills.

He is an expert in Gun Kata.

happyturtle
2008-10-26, 05:35 PM
FYI: I may not be around much tomorrow. My dog has to have an operation. I'll be dropping her off in the morning and picking her up after work, and no idea whether she'll need a lot of tlc afterwards, or if she'll just be sleeping it off. If the latter, then I'll probably be around (though later than usual) just to try and keep my mind off of worrying.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-26, 05:37 PM
*Huggles*

My thoughts will be with you and her. :smallfrown:

Darkcomet
2008-10-26, 07:27 PM
Hey, HT, you available right now? Just wondering because of the deadtime thing in the main thread.

Quinsar
2008-10-26, 07:30 PM
Hope your dog is okay HT!:smallbiggrin:

Darkcomet
2008-10-26, 07:31 PM
My timing sucks. She just got off.

Boo
2008-10-26, 08:02 PM
Well, Halloween is just round the corner, so hows about a nice little Non-canon bit of silliness? What I'm thinking is each of us play a slasher movie stereotype (with one of us of course being the villain) and we play it out.
For Example:
Nightmare on GLoG Street

Villain: Quinnie Krueger, the monstrous killer without a face!
Spunky Girl (survives till the end): Lex
Clueless Bimbo: Susan :smalltongue:
Slut: Melody :smalltongue:
Slut's Boyfriend: Czernov
Genre Savvy dude: Kris
Jerk Jock: BruiserTurtle
Spunky Girl's (boy)friend: Fanboy
Hapless Victim #1 Khiansa
etc.

Thoughts? (Above are only examples. You can of course, choose your own parts. :smallwink:)

It's gonna have to wait until after I move, and after I finish a little something. If you don't wanna wait, then go ahead and replace me with someone else.

In regards to the elections thing, how about we make Mr. Quinne the bartender? He's not much for responsibility. Or at least he won't be... sometime... in the FUTURE... of... something... something happening... something cool... dot dot dot...

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-26, 10:55 PM
It was just an example, anyone can take any part.

Fan
2008-10-26, 11:01 PM
I'll particpate Kris.
Espiecally since I'm a general horror movie fan, and am watching Geroge A. Romero's Land of the dead right now.

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-27, 01:11 AM
Yay! You have a specific part in mind?

Fan
2008-10-27, 01:13 AM
Yay! You have a specific part in mind?
Well, if we are going by Nightmare on Elm street I think I'll die soon anyways, but I'm happy with what ever you stick me with.

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-27, 01:18 AM
Oh, it's just the title I made up. It's not going to follow any plot but the Slasher Formula. (Flashback of how villain became a monster, then Slut dies, then hapless victims die, then survivors band together, and get picked of one by one, then the Final Girl's (boy)friend sacrifices himself, then the Final Girl kills the Villain (or not, we see how it goes. :smalltongue:)
Other than that basic skeleton, it's all roleplaying as obnoxious teenagers.

happyturtle
2008-10-27, 08:52 AM
It's probably cancer, but the vet thinks he got it all and that it's unlikely to have spread.

You know what's really weird? I had cancer as a child, and the vet's description of my dog's tumor sounds almost identical to what my tumor looked like.

I feel really numb right now.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-27, 09:34 AM
It's probably cancer, but the vet thinks he got it all and that it's unlikely to have spread.

You know what's really weird? I had cancer as a child, and the vet's description of my dog's tumor sounds almost identical to what my tumor looked like.

*huggles* filler

Almighty Salmon
2008-10-27, 10:29 AM

I know what it feels like to have an ill pet.

My dog had the canine equivalent of Tubercolosis, which is extremely rare. It cost a hell of a lot of money to bring her back to full health, but she's better now, thankfully.

I hope your dog has a speedy recovery.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-27, 11:10 AM

Best wishes and many huggles for you and the goggie.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-27, 12:02 PM
You have my sincere condolences, Happy.

happyturtle
2008-10-27, 12:39 PM
Thanks everybody.

An update... other than being miffed at me for not feeding her (she can't eat for another half hour) and looking ridiculous with half of one side shaved, she seems her normal cheerful self. And the vet thinks they got it all. So I will think positive.

happyturtle
2008-10-28, 08:10 AM
Comments on KR's appearance, to avoid cluttering main thread:

((I figured tactical sunglasses, with terminator type displays. And long hair with a ponytail will still be in the way much more often than short hair, and for someone who is still getting used to being organic, loose hairs in the face would be annoying.

Also... big frickin gun))

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1500000/Promo-Pics-The-Stolen-Earth-doctor-who-1587860-1600-1066.jpg

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-28, 08:13 AM
((Yes, yes and yes. Though I'm not sure what type of short hair you mean. Google image? :smallsmile:))

happyturtle
2008-10-28, 08:25 AM
http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/0/l/H/short7.JPG

http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/5/q/H/short2.JPG

http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/5/Z/H/holiday7.JPG

http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/5/r/H/short1.JPG

Or for an oots version (though I can't see KR with pink streaks)):

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/av-lexi.png

Or there's the monk girl standard avatar.

Or there's this, although the hair is more gelled back than super short:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/matrix/images/thumb/6/67/Trinityfull.jpg/300px-Trinityfull.jpg

Beholder1995
2008-10-28, 08:30 AM
((Uh... Happyturtle, did you get my PM?...))

happyturtle
2008-10-28, 08:44 AM
Update on the Turtle Goggie:

She seems to be recovering well from the surgery. Enough to be rather pissed off at me for making her wear the wound-covering t-shirt and closing her in whatever room I happen to be in at the time because she can't be trusted not to chew or scratch. She was rather whimpery this morning before she got her painkillers, but she's been fine ever since they kicked in. So, yay! It'll be a week or two before I hear back about the lab results, but the important thing is that other than the very large incision in her side, she seems to be feeling fine.

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-28, 08:46 AM
Yay! :smallsmile::smallbiggrin::smallsmile:

Also, deadtime in the GLoG main thread.

happyturtle
2008-10-28, 09:37 AM
((The thread for Nomlas's trial is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95065).))

Lex-Kat
2008-10-28, 11:34 AM
I like this one:

http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/5/q/H/short2.JPG

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-28, 11:39 AM
/me appreciates the attractive female pictures being posted here.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-28, 03:14 PM
/me appreciates the attractive female pictures being posted here.

I demand more pictures of you to counter it out. :smallwink:

happyturtle
2008-10-30, 02:54 AM
Puppeh's still doing well, but I have to go back in the office today. So I will worry, and rush home at lunch to check on her. Hopefully she'll keep her teeth and claws away from the wound.

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-30, 10:56 PM
... Bit slow aren't we? Usually we'd be halfway through the next thread by now. :smalltongue:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-30, 11:52 PM
I demand more pictures of you to counter it out. :smallwink:

:smallsigh: I'll get the ol' webcam buzzing after I get off watch.
And shower.

And stuff.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-10-31, 12:04 AM
:smallsigh: I'll get the ol' webcam buzzing after I get off watch.
And shower.

And stuff.

Huzzah!

Um. I'mma go away now.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-31, 01:14 AM
Huzzah!

Um. I'mma go away now.

Baby, you can oggle me anytime. :smallwink: Actually, anyone can. Its a pleasent change of pace.

happyturtle
2008-10-31, 07:49 AM
Goggie update:

Lab results are in, and it is cancer, but one of the less dangerous kinds. They think they got it all, and that there's no increased risk of her developing another one.

Puppeh seems perfectly chipper and happy. :smallsmile:

Kris on a Stick
2008-10-31, 07:58 AM
Yay!:smallsmile:
Barefaced Lie: There is no filler text here.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-31, 10:10 AM
I'm happy for your puppeh. :smallbiggrin:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-31, 03:36 PM
:smallsigh:
My s/o and I broke up last night, therefore the current depressive bout (which you'll see soon enough).

but, I did promise picture o' me, therefore:
Pre Shave, pre-getting dressed (I'm wrapped in a sarapi)
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b338/thanatos5150/IMG000021.jpg
Post shave, Post putting on a pink shirt
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b338/thanatos5150/IMG000022.jpg

happyturtle
2008-10-31, 03:43 PM
:smallfrown:

* hugs *

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-31, 04:09 PM
Stuff, happens right?

*Self-injcts dopamine into his spinal column*
I'll get over it, eventually.

Breaking up over IM sucks, kiddies. I definatly prefer the famously messy over-the-phone method.

happyturtle
2008-11-01, 08:28 AM
Than, how do you have 1089 words and 0 words?

Also, a Halloween pick-me-up:

http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/images/2008/10/31/img_tolslidepacman.jpg

Thanatos 51-50
2008-11-01, 08:29 AM
The number on top is me, the number on bottom is morbid wombat.

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-01, 08:30 AM
*snicker*

Makes me wish we had the proper round orange pumpkins. All we have are green shrivelly flat ones here.

Quinsar
2008-11-01, 09:01 PM
Hm... I just realized... I haven't posted in GLoG lately... Now, I need help picking a new character for it!

Greo! Greo's fun times! A little uber cute black blob. T'is actually a baby demon, but is entirely good.

I could do a big plot I have ready!

A tiefling bard I have.

If someone wants, we could do buddy, joint, relationship, family, other characters together! Pm me if you wanna do that!:smallbiggrin:

Or, if all you greqat GLoGers hate me.... I just won't post...:smallfrown:

Post ideas!:smallbiggrin:

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-01, 09:04 PM
We don't hate you. You're awesome.

Quinsar
2008-11-01, 09:19 PM
Yay I'm awesome!

Any Ideas?

If not... i really feel like doing the plot...
I'll need a character name, and some godmod rights... Nothing drastic... If you decide to join I'll PM you details...

Darkcomet
2008-11-01, 09:27 PM
Can DC-09 be in the plot? I haven't really had much chance to do much plot with him.

Also, though this isn't part of the thread, why do I get the feeling people liked Darkcomet better as a woman?

Quinsar
2008-11-01, 09:29 PM
Does DC-09 have emotions? Like fear?

Darkcomet
2008-11-01, 09:30 PM
Hm... DC-09 can express fear and such (especially embarrassment, as Lex has induced in the past) but if it's one of those mental trial plots then I'm afraid it's incompatible with the character.

Quinsar
2008-11-01, 09:32 PM
It's more of a "My character F's hard with your character's mind" plots...

Darkcomet
2008-11-01, 09:33 PM
Then no, I'm kinda tired of mindscrew all the time. I killed Alek for a reason.

Quinsar
2008-11-01, 09:37 PM
I have another non mindscrew plot I could do...

Darkcomet
2008-11-01, 09:39 PM
Okay, because there's just been a lot of mindscrew and another mindscrewer would be like beating a dead horse.

Quinsar
2008-11-01, 09:39 PM
So, you gonna join it?

Darkcomet
2008-11-01, 09:40 PM
I'll see once it's begun, I suppose. I usually check plots after they begin, not start them.

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-01, 09:40 PM
I don't like DC better as a girl. We already have enough genderbenders. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

But yeah, we literally just finished a mindscrew plot, so...

I'll join, not sure which character with though.

Quinsar
2008-11-01, 09:42 PM
I'll dop my non-mindscrew plot!
Anyone can join!

Darkcomet
2008-11-01, 09:42 PM
Alright, we'll see.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-02, 04:22 AM
DC: I didn't notice one way or the other.

Quinsar: Of course I like you. Without you, there is no Mint. Without Mint, Judy's stuck with Vespe. Alone! :eek:

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-02, 08:07 AM
Okay. Page 49. What's the next thread title?

happyturtle
2008-11-02, 08:12 AM
Salmon has PM'd me the new title, since he won the dice roll one thread ago.

I'll start the new thread when we hit page 50.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-02, 03:55 PM
OK.

1. Opinions of Alek-plotness. Any and all comments are welcome.
2. Opinions of Kaela. Did you guys like him? Should he return, or just fade away, unloved? Any and all comments welcome.
3. Dunin's dead, his children may arrive. There may be an oppurtunity for someone to get a new character. PM me if interested.

Darkcomet
2008-11-02, 03:58 PM
The Alek plot was fun for me, but didn't he die a bit too easily? Or is it just my BFG?

happyturtle
2008-11-02, 03:58 PM
1. I loved him, though was disappointed that we never got to interact with him directly. Also, George is still unresolved. He may not be salvageable.

2. I miss Kaela :smallfrown: Bring him back!

3. No new characters for me, mah brain's about to splode as it is. But I look forward to meeting them.

What's going to happen to the Intergang?

Almighty Salmon
2008-11-02, 04:00 PM
The Alek plot was fun for me, but didn't he die a bit too easily? Or is it just my BFG?

I'm in agreement with you here.

I thought the build up of the Alek plot was very good, but I found his death to be rather anti-climatic.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-02, 04:00 PM
The Intergang's going to continue, friends. Ohhhhh, yes. :smallamused:

Darkcomet
2008-11-02, 04:01 PM
Are they pissed off with me now? I know LaRoth probably wouldn't be, considering Alek said she knew he hated her...

Vossik
2008-11-02, 04:06 PM
I might take you up on a new character, I have temporarily removed my murloc because I did a few things without knowing how things work being new.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-02, 04:16 PM
I'm in agreement with the Alek Plot opinions.

Great build-up, anti-climatic ending. But I was also getting kinda bored with it, near the end. Too much of a good thing, is still too much.

The story was great. Everything you did should have long lasting effects on the characters, and I will attempt to show them with Melody.

You may not have noticed, but I think she has grown, just a little. She plays, to try to keep herself happy. She knows Momma loves her, and that gives her the courage to face what has been done and said to her. She's still scared of Czernov, actually. And George, also.

Anyone can PM me if they have any suggestions for how to maybe play her better. But be polite.

happyturtle
2008-11-02, 04:17 PM
Poor George. Czernov probably crawled into his bottle of pills rather than deal with the situation. :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2008-11-02, 04:27 PM
I still have yet to decide the ultimate effect on DC, but I suppose I'll think of something for him.

happyturtle
2008-11-03, 06:56 AM
I have no plot hooks in mind for any of my characters, which is probably just as well as I'll be going stateside soon. I might leave Turtle feeble until after I get back the first of December.

I suppose I should find out what Jordan's up to.

Also random giggle for the day:
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/cute-puppy-pictures-tug-o-war.jpg

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-03, 07:17 AM
Well crap, I was planning something for you and Fanboy. It's mostly just Fan, but I hoped you would be able to take part in it. It's heavy on roleplaying, with little (hopefully no) combat.

happyturtle
2008-11-03, 07:19 AM
How long will it take? I don't leave for two weeks.

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-03, 07:22 AM
I'm not sure, it depends on Fan, since it's written for him. (I thought he might be getting bored, since he doesn't post at GLoG that often anymore.)
I'm starting it the next time Fan and I are on at the same time.

happyturtle
2008-11-03, 07:31 AM
Speak of the devil... he's online now.

Of course the hostage situation needs to be resolved first.

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-03, 07:34 AM
... That's what I was going to say. :smallannoyed:

On a completely random, non-plot related note, which is a better name,
Brahms Stokker, or Alucard Tatsel? :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2008-11-03, 07:38 AM
I like Brahms better.

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-03, 07:40 AM
Awesome, I get to reference Valkyrie Profile. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2008-11-03, 07:44 AM
btw, Kris, how are the promatars coming along?

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-03, 08:03 AM
:smallyuk: I can't do women, I'm afraid you'll have to get an emergency avatarist to do yours. Sorry for backing out so late.

happyturtle
2008-11-03, 08:08 AM
Is okay. I'm sure I can find someone.

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-03, 08:26 AM
Okays.
I think I'll start my plot tommorows, since HT is to busy being unconscious :smalltongue:.

happyturtle
2008-11-03, 08:32 AM
(And btw, you do girl avvies fine. *points to Turtlewoman trophy*)

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/Turtlewoman.png

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-03, 08:37 AM
Not with dresses.

happyturtle
2008-11-03, 08:39 AM
What about Magtok? Do we need to find someone else to do him too?

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-03, 08:43 AM
Nah. I'll finish his tomorrow. As for now, deadtimes.

Lex-Kat
2008-11-03, 12:49 PM
Happy, maybe you could ask Kwarkpudding, she did HiT's Avvies. And they were nice.

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-04, 07:44 AM
Post = edit'd

Fan
2008-11-04, 07:45 AM
post=responded.:smalltongue:

Almighty Salmon
2008-11-04, 07:50 AM
Hey, I just understood the title of this thread!

Foon = Fork + Spoon.

Hah! That's genius!

happyturtle
2008-11-04, 07:51 AM
I has a prom avvie now! :smallbiggrin:

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-04, 07:58 AM
@ Salmon: :smalltongue:

@ HT: Ooh! Can we see its? I'm finishing Magtok's as we speak. Any resemblance to the wedding avvie I made for Fan is purely coincidental. Yep.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-04, 08:01 AM
I can't recall...was that title there before Rabbit had the foon in Lex's Dementia, or not?

happyturtle
2008-11-04, 08:01 AM
AS: When Rabbit fought a dream version of Turtle in Lex's plot, she used a Foon. :smallbiggrin:

KK: Nope! Only my henchpixie gets a sneak preview! :smallbiggrin:

RHL: No, I stole the idea from that scene.

Almighty Salmon
2008-11-04, 08:03 AM
AS: When Rabbit fought a dream version of Turtle in Lex's plot, she used a Foon. :smallbiggrin:

Sweet, that makes it even geniuser.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-04, 01:53 PM
"I watched the security tape. Do you want to see it?" :smallamused:

We need more rules defining these, or, at least, they should be somewhere, if they've been stated.

Where are the security cameras? How do they work? How destructible are they? How easily repairable are they?

happyturtle
2008-11-04, 01:58 PM
All we've stated so far is that there isn't footage of the bedrooms, and that Intergang was able to asplode some of it.

If you want to write up more specific rules, like the spork rules, go right ahead! :smallsmile:

EDIT: Also, there are blank spots on the footage whenever Topsy is around. And Image-DC doesn't appear on it.

If anything else has happened in-story, then I can't remember it offhand.

Kaelaroth
2008-11-04, 02:21 PM
Rightyho. Security Cameras.

Locations
Two, on opposite walls, are in every room of the base, save the following exceptions. There are six security cameras in the Great Room, none in any bedroom or bathroom (however great the chance of evil being there is, our squeamish need for privacy outweighs it), and none in the rose garden. However, a security camera in the great room has the near Rose Garden in its sights. There are security cameras in the airbase. The security camera in the President's office is nearly always off, except when noted to be on. Where possible, they're located a little way beneath the ceiling, out of the way.

Dimensions and Capabilities
Each camera is roughly six inches (fifteen centimetres) wide and deep, and roughly twelve inches (thirty centrimeteres long). Each camera records sound, though the quality is somewhat grainy, and they cannot pick up very quiet whispering, and the like, or, for that matter, incredibly loud noises. They record in sepia tones, primarily, so colour is present, but dulled considerably. They can move roughly nine inches (22-23 cm) from side to side, and and the same up and down.

Other stuffs
Cameras stream footage directly to a central computer system via a wifi-like linkup. However, EMPs, and other anti-technological devices, can take down this link. Also, due to networking computer link, it is possible to put a virus into the camera networking system, or remotely meddle with the system from anywhere in the base's grounds, provided one has the necessary equipment and passwords/hacking ability. Cameras are fairly simple to destroy, they're made of metal and glass. It's not hard to work out what'll destroy them, guys. They're connected to wiring within the walls, that supply them with power. They could certainly lose power if you meddle with the base's electrics or wiring.

happyturtle
2008-11-04, 02:35 PM
I don't see a problem with it. We'll see what the more technically inclined players think.

I'll just add that while standard drones are not fitted with cameras, the two that follow Melody everywhere have had them added.

Kris on a Stick
2008-11-05, 01:17 AM
I'd just like to add that the KR-15/DC conversations while they were in base were deleted as well.

happyturtle
2008-11-05, 02:54 AM
I just want to remind everyone that we're getting our butts handed to us by AMEN in the Heal/Hurt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5232123#post5232123), so don't forget to go and vote in the only election that is really important. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2008-11-05, 03:32 AM
As for the Cameras. I have a few of questions.

Why are they grainy? Is GLoG a low-tech group or something?
Why Sepia? Can't we afford color? If we can only have one or the other, I vote for color. I already showed Caroline the pictures of DC-09 in his pretty pink glory!! :smallbiggrin:
Why not in the Rose Garden? We could have them attached to the trees.

They are just questions.

Boo
2008-11-05, 04:48 AM
Not with dresses.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neil_b/2017425/

Right well, there's my image for my half-return. I'm still waiting for the big unpacking, and am writing on a laptop right now. Not used to laptops one bit and I am making TONS of mistakes... anyway! I got lots of thinking done, and I'm going to be playing my characters a bit differently. As well, I have two plot ideas for later this month (or the next) so be prepared. Be more prepared than the half-wit that made Surf Ninjas.

Let's see... New character idea so I don't have to make any more characters, and to honor my Grandfather (well, kinda). That's all settled. Nice history to him too that I won't ever be telling.

As well, I finally wrote down Topsy info. Now I won't be BS'ing my way through his scenes like I so gleefully do. I won't ever reveal any of it, but at least I have something written down for once.

Plots are fun. I have two plots. One involves Mista Quinne, and the other is mindless nonsense. The important one is with Mr. Quinne, which should be pronounced Monsier Quinne, but who the hell cares? That'll be happening on the 25th or so. It really depends on how much crap I have to do in real life. I'll be needing 2 people for that one. Maybe three depending on activity levels.

PEACE out! :smallwink:

P.S. What name sounds better?

Antony Smile
Antony Limes

????????????????????

P.P.S. Why do I have a sudden urge to yell "Chuuuuuuuu!"?

P.P.P.S. CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! :smallsigh:

happyturtle
2008-11-05, 07:39 AM
1. Yay! You're (sort-of) back! It hasn't been the same without Mr Quinne.

2. Yay plotty plotness! I won't be around during that time, but I look forward to reading it when I get back.

3. Antony Smile

4. I don't know, but now I want to yell it too. And I'm at work. :smallfrown:

Kaelaroth
2008-11-05, 12:41 PM
As for the Cameras. I have a few of questions.

Why are they grainy? Is GLoG a low-tech group or something?
Why Sepia? Can't we afford color? If we can only have one or the other, I vote for color. I already showed Caroline the pictures of DC-09 in his pretty pink glory!! :smallbiggrin:
Why not in the Rose Garden? We could have them attached to the trees.

They are just questions.

1. No. Purely because they've been sporked up. And we've seen that you need to have good mental idea of how it should work. So I'm imagining Czernov's made all the recent ones, as he knows what they're like, has detailed knowledge of how those things work. So they're similar to the ones from his home. Grainy.
2. Meh. Ditto reasoning.
2. Note the thing about how they get power. Trees don't have wiring.

happyturtle
2008-11-05, 12:54 PM
The sporking up thing can be used to explain inconsistencies. If camera A was sporked by Tessa (who has spent a lot of time in the future) then it might be really advanced. Where camera B sporked by Czernov is rather grainy. Tessa wasn't around for the building of the main base, though Czernov was, so most of the cameras would be his. Tessa sporked the detention wing, but it's been partially destroyed since then, and rebuilt by others.

So what it comes down to is that if plot demands a few cameras with different capabilities than the others, then it won't stretch credibility too much to have them exist. But players should only invoke this for a plot they are running (or for the occasional non-plot silliness, like the pink wax). You shouldn't use it to try and beat someone else's plot.

Did all of that make any sense at all? I don't think it did. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2008-11-05, 01:29 PM
Understood, for both HT, and Kaela. :smallsmile:

Lex-Kat
2008-11-05, 02:23 PM
Libulel goes through, and deadtimes, as his player has to go. He'll be shown round, he's polite, and very happy and sweet. Once the tour's done, he'll have a bath in his new room.

He is so obviously a trap. Kaela's never played anything nice, without something evil lurking beneath. :smallamused:

Kaelaroth
2008-11-05, 02:42 PM
He is so obviously a trap. Kaela's never played anything nice, without something evil lurking beneath. :smallamused:

Hey! Hey! *is prepared to be all indignant*

... Oh, what's the use. :smalltongue: He's going to be my first nice character. For a looong time.

happyturtle
2008-11-05, 03:35 PM
Czernov is good and kind and... well, completely nuts. But not evil.

I don't think...

Lex-Kat
2008-11-05, 06:56 PM
Czernov is good and kind and... well, completely nuts. But not evil.

I don't think...

Tell that to Melody. He is the one who brought Alek into this place to start with.

happyturtle
2008-11-05, 06:59 PM
That's gullible, not evil...

Kaelaroth
2008-11-06, 12:48 PM
Tell that to Melody. He is the one who brought Alek into this place to start with.

Pssst. Mind-Controlled.

happyturtle
2008-11-09, 12:13 PM
Quinsar has plots.

DC-09, Alex, and Wenomir are bored.

Could there possibly be any solution to this?

Discuss!

Thanatos 51-50
2008-11-09, 12:15 PM
:elan: Show, Show, show, show us some tasty plots!

Darkcomet
2008-11-09, 12:15 PM
I'm bored because I'm currently deprived of my main character. No one but GM's at AMEN and no one's posting at the trial plot either. And my other character (DC-09) is the guy-that's-always-there-but-is-ignored.

Morty
2008-11-09, 12:19 PM
Do something more productive that sitting on forum?:smallwink: In all seriousness though, I don't have any clever idea right now. I'll gladly see what Quinsar has in the sleeve.

Draken
2008-11-09, 12:29 PM
Well, the trial is so messed up right now I am considering giving everyone a fine, five days of detention and closing the case.

And by everyone I mean almost everyone in the room. :smallyuk:

Morty
2008-11-09, 12:31 PM
Well, it's hard to run a trial when half of the people will be always offline.

Draken
2008-11-09, 12:32 PM
That's sooo not the problem.

happyturtle
2008-11-09, 12:36 PM
Yeah, the problem is the idiots doing silly things in the courtroom. Like eating the defendant's socks.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-11-09, 12:37 PM
So...ye're all bored, are ye? Be needin' a plot, are ye?

*cackles evilly*

Darkcomet
2008-11-09, 12:39 PM
*stares at Vespe*

You're not going to actually act on that threat, are you?

Thanatos 51-50
2008-11-09, 01:10 PM
So... how about Dashing Swordsmen Thanatos* making an apperance in the visitor's centre?

*Or, more accuratly, the purple, body-possesing og which is Thanatos's true form, no longer attatched to his DS form, which he has by now formed a symbiosis with, and needs to be returned to possesing the body before they both die.

Quinsar
2008-11-09, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I have some plots...
A lot of plots.
I make them in my free time, which I have a lot of....
If you wanna join PM me...

Thanatos 51-50
2008-11-09, 01:46 PM
Purple fog is the beginings of a DS Thanatos plot. :smallbiggrin:

Trainng Drone ideas:

Small sized humanoid Construct
approx 30 ' move speed
Uses a Medium sized MW Bastard sword (Katana) Two-handed. Blunted for training purposes.
Wrist-based mild beam weapons (Set to "stinging pain" for training purposes)

Fights as a human fighter 1-10, depending on difficulty settings.

Thoughts?

Hm, seems good enough.

happyturtle
2008-11-09, 02:22 PM
Than, if your plot requires a mage, you might be out of luck. I don't think we have any magic users among the active members of the group.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-11-09, 02:28 PM
Plenty of psionics, though.

Its more bare-bones than anything else, actually, just to get my mind back into plotting at to introduce the Thanatos/Saalaksin symbiote.

I'm now one week behind on my NaNo. :smalleek:

happyturtle
2008-11-09, 02:30 PM
Not really. DC and Dr Beit are the strongest psychics, but neither of them is in GLoG. Turtle can really only talk to people she has an emotional bond to, and anyway, she's not available for plots.

What's needed is a plot that can either be out-thought or out-fought, not out-magicked.